Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Hi! I use Steamgifts One-Click Entry and before you uptated ESGST the Enter button was on the right side. Can I turn it back?

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago

Why not just use Enter/Leave Giveaway Button?

5 years ago

Cuz this button is big and ugly af. Sorry. I like minimalism.

5 years ago

In that case, I'll just change the style of the button when it's in the giveaway links section.

5 years ago

Thx man!

5 years ago

Should be working in the latest version. You just need to move the button to the Giveaway Links section in the Element Ordering section in the settings menu. If you need help, let me know.

5 years ago

Thank you mate! Now it works.

5 years ago

Just wanted to thank you for this wonderful tool. Every time I think "damn, I wish SG had this feature" I check the settings on ESGST and sure enough, there it is.

5 years ago

You're welcome. :)

5 years ago

I'm aware that the changelog isn't working in the latest version. You can see it here.

5 years ago

rafa, is it too much to ask to add a suspension check in threads?
since it is a very flexible info, a simple check on a certain thread with no data storage will be cool enough.

5 years ago

What do you mean?

5 years ago

Simple as it seems. Didn't you add the Check for whitelists/blacklists in threads? Same idea, but with suspensions.

5 years ago

Just to check if the user is currently suspended?

5 years ago

yeah, but for a (personal) bigger reason... check if any users that commented on that specific thread were suspended.

5 years ago

Ok, I see. I thought you were talking about something else. Yeah, I think I could implement that, I just need to find some time.

5 years ago

This has been added.

5 years ago

10/10

5 years ago

Since the last update, there is no "Puzzle Marker" when we are in the thread.

5 years ago

is what I see in FF since the last update when i go to preview messages.

View attached image.
5 years ago

In any page?

5 years ago

yes

5 years ago

Can you identify where those giveaways are coming from? The main page?

5 years ago

Yes.

ALSO: the popup does not take into account games which I have hidden or are in my account. For instance, I own MGSV, and in that popup was a link to a giveaway for it. They are clickable links that take me to the respective giveaway page.

5 years ago

I'll see if I can reproduce it with your settings.

5 years ago

I could not reproduce with your settings. Is it still happening?

5 years ago

Once I whitelisted cookies from SG in my browser (firefox), the problem went away. I had had all 3rd party cookies blocked on all websites. I also use Ublock Origins & had the browser's Tracking Protection enabled.

5 years ago

also, it won't let me post comments anymore. I can edit them, but any new comment returns "failed" when i click "submit"

5 years ago

Appears to be working for me. What settings related to comments do you have enabled?

5 years ago

https://i.imgur.com/R8mWk7v.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ggEweK6.jpg

I can email you the full settings (minus tags and ticket info) if you care.

5 years ago*

You can download your settings by clicking on the button pictured below on the settings menu. It will download only your settings and remove any personal data attached to it. If I could use your settings I could probably reproduce the issue.

View attached image.
5 years ago

here you go: https://www70.zippyshare.com/v/vJQ3sJS8/file.html

Thank you for all the help!

5 years ago

Unfortunately I could not reproduce. Is there anything in the console log?

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

5 years ago

Good day
how to activate the function "Hide discussions"

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago

Not working at the moment inside of threads.

5 years ago

thanks)

5 years ago

ESGST stays at Syncing your wishlisted / owned / ignored games ... and does not move on.
Also its no longer loads game category in the GA view.

View attached image.
5 years ago

I cannot reproduce. The grid view issue could have been caused by a specific game, is it still happening?

5 years ago

I have solved the problem by completely removing the addon and re-installing it again.
Unfortunately, I forgot to mention it here.

5 years ago

This is strange. A game that I've never heard of, and which is definitely not on my Wishlist, is showing up as "Wishlisted" by ESGST:
https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/X8bh9/columns-iii
SteamGifts doesn't think it's Wishlisted, since it doesn't show up on my Wishlist-filtered giveaway list. I just see the ESGST badge on the giveaway. Ever seen anything like this? I'm using ESGST 8.3.0 in Firefox 65.0.2.

Edit: the first game in the same series does the same thing: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/wDYrH/columns (again, never heard of it, and it's definitely not on my wishlist)

5 years ago*

What happens if you sync?

5 years ago

No change. Both "Columns" games linked above still show up as Wishlisted.

5 years ago

You own that game as part of SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics. This is probably related to https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1145. For some reason, some owned games are being marked as wishlisted. Can you try the same thing I posted here: https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1145#issuecomment-476378962 In your case, you won't get anything in the console, but try seeing if the wishlisted tag appears for the game after syncing with no other SG tabs open.

5 years ago

I own a small handful of the games in the SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics package, but not the Columns games (see attached image). However, I also have a couple other games in that package wishlisted, so perhaps that's the cause of the problem?

However, I did try manually syncing my games with only one SG tab open, and it didn't resolve the issue. The giveaways I linked above still show the games as Wishlisted.

View attached image.
5 years ago

Good news, I can reproduce this. It's indeed being caused by other games in the package being wishlisted. I'll try to fix it for the next version.

4 years ago

Hi,

Just reset my PC and trying to install ESGST, but it doesn't work.. (The settings show up but doesn't do anything) I have tried deactivating uBlock to no avail. I remember having this issue before but I forgot how to fix it.

5 years ago

Have you enabled the settings you want? ESGST doesn't enable anything by default.

5 years ago

I fixed it by reinstalling multiple times and checking for both SteamGifts and SteamTrades, thanks for the awesome extension!

5 years ago

It sure has been an experience to set it up (there are SO MANY options), but it looks so good now !

5 years ago

Hey so I don't know if it's been mentioned before but I'm experiencing this bug in the giveaway extractor where, as soon as I scroll down to the bottom of the giveaway list, it re-extracts on its own, meaning I can't enter the last giveaway (well I can, I just have to be very careful scrolling down without actually hitting the bottom)

5 years ago

I faced the same problem.
But I found I could avoid this problem by enabling "Open the extractor in a new tab." option.
So I continue this option active until the bug has been fixed.

5 years ago

Will look into it.

5 years ago

You can reload the same page after having extract fully, it won't re-extract itself.

5 years ago

Salutations gsrafael01,

I'm not sure if this is an issue with my browser or the add-on but people I've added and now removed from my blacklist are still showing up in discussions with a blacklist mark and date added by their names; is this normal behaviour just letting me know that the user was PREVIOUSLY added? I just purged my BL list but users still show up in the discussions with the 🚫looking symbol.

5 years ago

Did you try syncing?

5 years ago

Nope, but I'm trying it right now. Looks to be hanging on "Syncing your wishlisted/owned/ignored games...". I think I've got under 1000 owned+wishlisted+ignored so (in my head) it shouldn't be taking 10 minutes to sync. I'll let it go for another 10 or so just to give it some time. Completely forgot about the sync setting. Looks like I even had the automatic sync set to disabled.

I'll check back on another thread where I saw those entries. Thanks again!

5 years ago

If it looks like it hanged, it most likely did. Check the console log (Ctrl + Shift + J), there might be an error there.

5 years ago

Checked my lists and it's all fixed now. As for the hang, I'm not too sure why (I can't even figure out how to get back to where that was) :)

Thanks my dude!

5 years ago

Also, if you enable this option, you don't need to sync your whitelist/blacklist. It updates automatically when you click the whitelist/blacklist button on someone's profile.

5 years ago

Neato! Im going to have to play around in there again. Thanks again!

5 years ago

I installed this add on just now on my Firefox 66. It froze the whole browser so I had it disabled and now my browser is fine again when browsing Steamgifts. What gives?

5 years ago

Do you have any other add-ons installed that could be conflicting with it?

5 years ago

Hey, gsrafael01, when I try to get achievements stats on my profile, the process get stuck in a game that doesn't have achievements [Call of Juarez]. When I press Ctrl+Shift+J, the following appears:

View attached image.
5 years ago

Will look into it.

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

It's working now, thanks

5 years ago

Hi. Just a question here.
Is it safe to provide the Steam API key so i can see my WL's libraries? Will i see everyone's libraries or only the ones that have put their API key?
Thanks!

5 years ago

Yes, it's safe, your key isn't shared with anyone else, so just make sure you don't share it yourself, because people could make requests on your behalf if they have it. And that's not how it works. The key is only used so that you can access the Steam API (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Steam_Web_API#GetOwnedGames_.28v0001.29) to retrieve the libraries. Whether you can see someone's library or not will depend on whether their profile is public or not.

5 years ago

Thanks for the answer!

5 years ago

Is something wrong with version 8.3.1 released two days ago? This thread, the firefox addon page and the chrome web store still lists 8.3.0 as newest version.

5 years ago

It was supposed to be a pre-release, but I ran the wrong script and it was published as a release, so I removed it from the stores because I had not tested all the scope changes I had made yet, but so far I haven't found anything wrong.

5 years ago

Feature request: Hide useless comments in the giveaway popup, the same way you can hide useless descriptions.

Also, it would be neat if you accepted cryptocurrency donations, especially Monero but even Bitcoin would be cool.

5 years ago

I'll see if I can set that up.

5 years ago

https://imgur.com/a/diIt7R3

What does it mean '5.89(5.92)' ?

5 years ago

Your current level is 5.89 and it should be 5.92 when your current giveaways are marked as received.

5 years ago

https://imgur.com/a/CCSSH05

All received, one deleted. Something's wrong

5 years ago

5 years ago

nothing happend, it just changed to '5.89 (6.09)'

5 years ago

i tried second time, its going for 2 hours straight and still:

'Syncing your wishlisted/owned/ignored games...'

Where is the problem?

5 years ago

The sync should never take that long, check the console log for errors.

5 years ago

how to?

5 years ago

im using firefox, it is ctrl+shift+k(console)?

5 years ago

Ctrl + Shift + J or Ctrl + Shift + I.

5 years ago

only this, when entering SYNC through profile:

'Unchecked lastError value: Error: Could not establish connection. Receiving end does not exist. background.js:3
sendMessage moz-extension://bb628d2f-1d1d-4ca3-9521-b832fbb88f97/rea/background.js:3'

And no error when syncing, it goes forever on syncing 'Owned/Wishlisted/Ignored Games', but no error and never finish(was open for 24hrs!)

5 years ago

Are you logged in to your Steam account on your browser? Do you use Firefox containers?

5 years ago

yup, im logged as always

what is firefox containers?

5 years ago

And actually it synced everything except wishlisted/owned/ignored games, so i think it doesn't change anything as cv doesnt depend on this

5 years ago

I'll see if I can find the issue.

5 years ago

ok i find there was wrong API key written in setting. I got no API. I registered one, will see if it helps

5 years ago

Updated today and I can't seem to find the option that marks discussion threads as read. Am I going blonde or did the feature disappear?

5 years ago

That feature is currently not working inside of threads. The only way to mark threads as read at the moment is to do so from the discussions page. It will be fixed in the next version.

5 years ago

Ok so it still works from the discussions page. I lost my settings when I updated and I don't find the setting for this feature for some reason. I only noticed because the threads I had already marked as read were not greyed out.
I'll figure it out. Thanks for the reply and as always for the great extension

5 years ago

5 years ago

Wow. Perfect. Thank you. I was looking completely in the wrong section. Duh.

5 years ago

You can also use the search bar in the settings menu to filter the features.

5 years ago

Sorting does not work for me on this page: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/steam/groups I see elements added by the ESGST, but nothing happens when I click on them. But sorting works on other pages, for example here: https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/entered

5 years ago

It's sorting fine for me. What column are you trying to sort?

5 years ago

Sorting doesn't work in all columns added by 6.5 Group Stats (Sent, Received, Gift Difference, etc.), but works in the first column 'Group'. The same problem is in another clean Chrome profile, where ESGST has default settings, except 1.34 and 6.5 enabled.

5 years ago*

I tried this also in Opera 60 with the same ESGST settings: default settings, 1.34 and 6.5 enabled. Same bug.

5 years ago

The scopes implementation in v8.3.3 can lead to a few bugs. Please report any that you find. If you want to wait for a more stable version, do not update yet. My goal is to stabilize scopes for v8.4.0.

5 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.