Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Features

To learn more about each feature you have to install ESGST.

General

• Attached Image Carousel
  • Attached Image Loader
  • Accurate Timestamp
  • Cake Day Reminder
  • Custom Header/Footer Links
  • Element Filters
  • Endless Scrolling
  • Embedded Videos
  • Fixed Footer
  • Fixed Header
  • Fixed Main Page Heading
  • Fixed Sidebar
  • Giveaway/Discussion/Ticket/Trade Tracker
  • Hidden Blacklist Stats
  • Hidden Community Poll
  • Header Refresher
  • Image Borders
  • Last Page Link
  • Level Progress Visualizer
  • Multi-Tag
  • Notification Merger
  • Pagination Navigation On Top
  • Quick Inbox View
  • Same Tab Opener
  • Scroll To Bottom Button
  • Scroll To Top Button
  • Search Magnifying Glass Button
  • Shortcut Keys
  • Time To Point Cap Calculator
  • Table Sorter
  • URL Redirector
  • Visible Attached Images

Giveaways

• Advanced Giveaway Search
  • Archive Searcher
  • Blacklist Giveaway Loader
  • Comment/Entry Checker
  • Created/Entered/Won Giveaway Details
  • Delete Key Confirmation
  • Enter/Leave Giveaway Button
  • Entry Tracker
  • Giveaway Bookmarks
  • Giveaway Copy Highlighter
  • Giveaway Country Loader
  • Giveaway Encrypter/Decrypter
  • Giveaway Error Search Links
  • Giveaway Extractor
  • Giveaway Filters
  • Giveaway Group Loader
  • Giveaway Manager
  • Giveaway Recreator
  • Giveaway Popup
  • Giveaway Templates
  • Giveaway Winners Link
  • Giveaway Winning Chance
  • Giveaway Winning Ratio
  • Giveaways Sorter
  • Grid View
  • Hidden Game Remover
  • Hidden Game's Enter Button Disabler
  • IsThereAnyDeal Info
  • Multiple Giveaway Creator
  • Next/Previous Train Hotkeys
  • One-Click Hide Giveaway Button
  • Pinned Giveaways Button
  • Quick Giveaway Search
  • Real CV Calculator
  • Sent Key Searcher
  • Steam Activation Links
  • Stickied Giveaway Countries
  • Stickied Giveaway Groups
  • Time To Enter Calculator
  • Unfaded Entered Giveaway
  • Unhide Giveaway Button
  • Unsent Gift Sender

Discussions

• Active Discussions On Top/Sidebar
  • Close/Open Discussion Button
  • Discussion Edit Detector
  • Discussion Filters
  • Discussion Highlighter
  • Discussions Sorter
  • Main Post Popup
  • Main Post Skipper
  • Old Active Discussions Design
  • Puzzle Marker
  • Refresh Active Discussions Button

Trades

• Trade Bumper

Comments

• Collapse/Expand Reply Button
  • Comment Formatting Helper
  • Comment History
  • Comment Reverser
  • Comment Searcher
  • Comment Tracker
  • Multi-Reply
  • Received Reply Box Popup
  • Reply Box On Top
  • Reply Box Popup
  • Reply From Inbox
  • Reply Mention Link

Users

• Inbox Winner Highlighter
  • Level Up Calculator
  • Not Activated/Multiple Win Checker
  • Not Received Finder
  • Profile Links
  • Real Won/Sent CV Link
  • Sent/Won Ratio
  • Shared Group Checker
  • SteamGifts Profile Button
  • SteamTrades Profile Button
  • User Filters
  • User Giveaway Data
  • User Notes
  • User Stats
  • User Suspension Tracker
  • User Tags
  • Username History
  • Whitelist/Blacklist Checker
  • Whitelist/Blacklist Highlighter
  • Whitelist/Blacklist Manager
  • Whitelist/Blacklist Sorter

Groups

• Group Highlighter
  • Group Library/Wishlist Checker
  • Group Stats

Games

• Entered Game Highlighter
  • Game Categories
  • Game Tags

Others

• Automatically add no CV games to the database when searching for games in the new giveaway page.
  • Automatically backup your data every specified number of days.
  • Automatically sync games/groups when syncing through SteamGifts.
  • Automatically update whitelist/blacklist when adding/removing a user to/from those lists.
  • Calculate and show data sizes when opening the delete menu.
  • Calculate and show data sizes when opening the export menu.
  • Calculate and show data sizes when opening the import menu.
  • Check whether or not you are on the current version when visiting the ESGST discussion.
  • Check whether or not you are on the current version when visiting the main discussions page if the ESGST discussion is in the current page.
  • Collapse sections in the settings menu by default.
  • Enable ESGST for SteamTrades.
  • Enable new features and functionalities by default.
  • Hide buttons at the left/right sides of the main page heading to reduce the used space.
  • Lock giveaway columns so that they are not draggable (they will remain in the set order).
  • Make popups static (they are fixed at the top left corner of the page instead of being automatically centered).
  • Open settings menu in a separate tab.
  • Open the automatic sync in a new tab.
  • Show changelog from the new version when updating.
  • Show the feature number in the tooltips of elements added by ESGST.

Other Info

• All requests from Whitelist/Blacklist Checker, Not Activated/Multiple Win Checker, Not Received Finder and Archive Searcher are limited to 2 per second, to prevent a stress on the SteamGifts servers.
  • If you try to leave the page while Whitelist/Blacklist Checker, Not Activated/Multiple Win Checker, Not Received Finder and Archive Searcher are running, you will get a confirmation dialog asking you if you want to leave the page. Additionally, while these features are running, their buttons are faded out.
2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I'm having some problems with new permissions in Firefox 56 (Windows 7 x64 if that matters).

Whenever I change some permissions in settings popup, a new tab is opened with the text: "Some browsers require an additional user interaction to trigger the permissions dialog. Please click on the button below to proceed." and a button. Clicking on that button does nothing.

I checked the console and no errors or warnings are logged. In the other tab, the one with the settings popup, the save button's text changes to "Saving..." and can't do anything but closing the popup.

As I read, this should be working because other users have no problems, so it may have something to do with this version of Firefox (last one before webextensions were mandatory). Tell me if I can do anything to debug the problem.

1 week ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 week ago.

1 week ago

Looks like versions 56-61 don't allow triggering the dialog from an options page without a setting configured: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/permissions I'll see if I can fix it in the next version.

1 week ago

I just tested on Firefox 56 and the permissions are working fine for me. Maybe you blocked something on your version? Try checking the background page console (you need to go to about:debugging#addons, enable debugging and click "Debug" on the ESGST add-on).

5 days ago

I did what you said but no errors are showing. I disabled every other addon, just in case, but didn't work either.

It looks like the 'click' event in not being registered on the button. I tried to force a click event via javascript in the console and then I got this error: "'permissions.request may only be called from a user input handler", so the click event is indeed attached to the button but not being triggered when I click on the button with the mouse. Really weird...

Anything else I can test?

4 days ago

Recently I have restored the extension settings, but I do not remember to leave the option to display the giveawaya description every time I enter it on. Anyone help?

1 week ago

Giveaway descriptions pop up for me as well all of a sudden when I enter GAs and I just can't find the option to turn it off.
Have you figured it out yet by any chance?

6 days ago

It has been removed. Take a look to the previous comment page, but don't forget to prepare the popcorn first.

6 days ago

Ah ok, I see. Fair enough.
Thank you :)

6 days ago

That option has been removed.

6 days ago

How do I hide all DLCs from giveaway listings?
This settings don't work https://i.imgur.com/pm0p4Rt.jpg

1 week ago

Use OR instead of AND. The way you have it sep up, only giveaways that have more than 1 chance AND have been entered AND are for a wishlisted game AND are for a DLC will be hidden.

1 week ago

but that way entered won't hide

1 week ago

I set up a filter the same as you have it in the image and it seems to work for me.

It displays all GAs where the chance >= 1, the GA is not already entered, the GA is not for a wishlisted game, and it is not for a DLC.

1 week ago

It's really AND, I got confused. I don't know why it's not hiding DLCs for you. When did this start happening? Or is this the first time you're using the feature?

6 days ago

I would say his settings are right. Are you sure about OR instead of AND?

6 days ago

Yeah, I got confused, but looks like what he wants is really AND.

6 days ago

Could the problem be the usage of basic and advanced filters or that basic filter for chance needs an upper limit to work?

6 days ago

There is indeed a bug with basic + advanced usage at the moment (https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1333), but I don't know if this could be related. If that's the case, it should be fixed in the next version.

6 days ago

I'm not sure why your filter settings aren't working but you can use steamgifts integrated filters in combination with your ESGST filters. Just use https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaways/search?dlc=false and all dlcs should be filtered. More info here.

6 days ago

hi, first off congrats on getting your script accepted as addons on the main browsers i'm sure that is an achievement

would be interested in knowing what has become of the (very useful) "Have/Wan't Checker" * feature in ST is being held since the steam wish-list change or api update (i'd presume) - this change occurred i think around the time the wish-list format changed dec 2018? or even before that ... not sure anymore

how it used to work: compared the games in the want section of the trade thread + games on the users wish-list in steam
(listing the game names and matching it up with your have list)

how it works now: compares the games in the want section of the trade thread + games on the users wish-list in steam
(only listing them as game ID's therefore incapable of matching them to your have list) ²

² the latter of which would cause you to have 0 matchups unless you had exported/copy-pasted and listed all of your "have games" as ID's (like "638970" instead of yakuza 0) which is a unfortunate, as its clearly still mostly functional just the method sorta changed

edit: before even posting this just noticed the feature isn't listed anymore in ESGST feature list above so "did it dieded?"

View attached image.
5 days ago*

I'll have to look into it. The feature list is very outdated, so no, the feature didn't die.

5 days ago

awesome, thanks in advance for your efforts :-)

5 days ago

Should be fixed in v8.3.13.

4 days ago

just tried it, yup works as it used to - awesome, thanks a bunch! :-)

4 days ago

Thank you for the donation and the game! I've been wanting to play this for a long time. :)

4 days ago

Can someone tell me where are the settings I can enter/leave giveaways on the home page?

5 days ago

I guess I needed to reboot to get it to work.

4 days ago

Hi. Just installed this extension. Enter/leave button works, endless scrolling works, but can't figure it out how this Giveaway Extractor exactly works, how to start it, where is this icon I should see? Thx!

5 days ago

Please try v8.3.13, there were some bugs in the previous version.

5 days ago

chrome removed 8.3.12 installed 8.3.13 and still can't find any button for Extractor..
nvm.. its in comment section on the right ... button..

4 days ago

Thanks for the update, the thread marking feature now works properly and updates the thread states in an instant

4 days ago

For some reason giveaway extractor moves backwards, not forward.
Version is 8.3.13.

4 days ago

After yesterday did not shown some of nearest giveaways. it looks like all sorted as if on the contrary, from 6 hours to 0. i press discard all new, not helps. i found giveaway sorter, turned off - seem like all returns to ok. then turns it on and finally found button selector.
So, question is why default is not "End Time - Ascending"?!

4 days ago*

Where to find - hide joined giveaway?

3 days ago

If you haven't already activated you need to activate giveaway filters, multiple filters and entered. After that you should see the filters and can hide all joined aka entered giveaways.

3 days ago

Apologies in advance if I've got something silly kerfluxed on my end, which is probably the case. Somewhere over the last month, the names of winners on my Created page stopped populating. The old ones are still there, but the new ones don't show up. Is this just me?

3 days ago

Not just you, I have the same problem for many months now.

3 days ago

Other users have reported this, but I was never able to reproduce it. I did push a possible fix for it a while ago (https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/938), which the users in that issue reported that worked, but there still appears to be an issue with multiple-copy giveaways (https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1192).

3 days ago

Weird. This happened on both my home and work machines with identical timing and effects. Right away it occurs to me that they are both Win7 machines. Maybe I'll upgrade the office machine to Win10 and see if it changes - high time I did that anyway.

3 days ago

Bug Report

When using the "Extract all giveaways (specify parameters)" button, it extracts backwards, not forwards.
Example: Cart 1266 and using this button extracts a list with 1266 at the top (as expected), and then 1265, 1264, 1263, etc etc etc (I imagine down to cart 0), but not 1267. As far as I know, this problem just recently started occurring.

Button settings:

Open Extractor
Y--Only extract from the current giveaway onward.
Y--Flush the cache if it is older than hours [I have noticed the problem when it was set to 1, 2, and 4 hours]
N--Ignore discussion comments when extracting giveaways.
N--Ignore giveaway comments when extracting giveaways.
3 days ago

The problem is that ESGST can't know which link is next and which is previous because they are only named cart ####.

3 days ago

This does the exact same thing; it goes backwards, despite thus cart being "previous/bump/next"

3 days ago

@gsrafael I can confirm that one with Firefox and 8.1.13.

3 days ago

It appears to be working fine for me. Are you on the latest version? Can you see what regex appears in your additional options here?

3 days ago

ESGST is up-to-date.

forw|more|next|onwards|►|>|→

2 days ago

Userscript version back? :o Guess I can update again then again after a long time.. :P Thanks for the ongoing support and efforts to make ESGST better, Rafael!

3 days ago

I'm on a fresh Chrome install and I can't get WL/BL to sync... "Saving your whitelist/blacklist (this may take a while)..." left it running for a few mins but nothing happens.

3 days ago

Any errors in the console? If your whitelist / blacklist is large, it can take more than a few minutes.

3 days ago

Umm console?

Left it running for a good 30 mins this time and still nothing...

3 days ago

Ctrl + Shift + J

3 days ago

Not sure what i'm looking for but there are a lot of these in red...

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 502 ()"

3 days ago

Strange... Got an update for Chrome and now it works again?

2 days ago

ESGST indirectly helped me verify that my new Steam group created in April wasn't sync'd/created in SG yet until cg fixed an issue this month. I just filed a bug on github related to that scenario and also put in an enhancement request that would help me review & export group user stats. I love ESGST and am grateful that it helps me with some aspects of group management!
EDIT: Just saw your Patreon page, so I'll pledge a bit there. Also renamed & updated my Github info to match my SG/Steam profile.

3 days ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 days ago.

2 days ago

same issue

2 days ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 days ago.

2 days ago

I've been using GA extractor on the huge community train (now over), and it had been working, but about 2 days ago it stopped working correctly. Now, when I try to extract the GAs from this page, it extracts over 1300 GAs and then at some point just hangs forever, never finishing. I see no errors in the console. I am wondering if others are having this same issue? If I press the "Cancel" button, it appears to see 1325 of the supposedly 1326 GAs.

2 days ago*

Where to find option to hide description?

2 days ago

There is a cache and you can use custom filters but you can no longer simply hide the description with ESGST. If that's not enough for you there's the a-esgst userscript

1 day ago

thanks

1 day ago

It seems that ESGST has become a Sisyphean task. New version released with lots of bugs fixed but only a few days later the bug tracker is back at over 40 open issues.

1 day ago

Well, to be fair most of the issues recently have been about feature requests (I mean, Tristar alone made about 20 of those xD).

1 day ago

I would like to use the library checker, but I need to enter steam api. I found my web api, but I am not familiar with this, is there any security issue by providing the steam api or is it like login into steamgifts with steam?

4 hours ago*

The only security issue is if you share your API key with someone.

3 hours ago

question: what info you can find in a Steam API key?

(thanks a ton, rafael)

3 hours ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.