Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Extension asked today for new permissions. It asks to read and modify data from raw.githubusercontent.com. What is it for?

4 years ago

To retrieve the changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/master/changelog.json

It's no longer stored in the extension code.

4 years ago

After updating this addon, comments of discussion page doesn't be loaded with "General > Endless Scrolling > Enable reverse scrolling" enable.

4 years ago

I can reproduce, will fix in the next version.

4 years ago

When I extract GAs and get to the bottom of said extracted GAs it reloads for some reason,what might cause that?

4 years ago

In a popup or in a new tab?

4 years ago

popup

4 years ago

Oh thank you very much.

4 years ago

Having the issue again with the Enter button not working on Firefox and third party cookies blocked

4 years ago

Should be fixed.

4 years ago

It is, thank you!

4 years ago

I have been using the chrome extension version of ESGST but suddenly ESGST doesn't work on the steamgifts page.

4 years ago

Did you try reinstalling the extension?

4 years ago

Where to find the "Comment History" button (4.4)?
I have the feature activated for months and now that I can't find the giveaway that I've commented on earlier this morning, I can't find the button to access the Comment History. It's said to be found in the drop down menu next to our avatar but it's not there. Neither on the "Groups" page, nor on the "Discussions" or on my profile page.

EDIT: Neither her on this topic's page where I wrote this comment.

4 years ago

It is there for me but I'm still at 8.3.0. Maybe one of the latest updates broke it.

View attached image.
4 years ago

Alright... many thanks.

4 years ago

i think this newest version feel too slow
especially when i open main pages and tried to join
2 computer has the same feel, using opera

4 years ago

How many seconds does it take?

4 years ago

about 10 second just to load main page
and a few more to enter GA

only problem with pages with GA
ill try to reset now, i hope it works

4 years ago

done (uninstall and reinstall esgst), i think it's the filter feature
only main page with many pages having slowdown, the other still normal (i'm using endless scrolling)

4 years ago*

Did the new version change anything?

4 years ago

should be, never read it's log either lol
as long i can still use it, it's fine

4 years ago

I'm seeing this when endless scrooling is activated.
(I'm actually seeing nothing since no comment is loaded/showed)

4 years ago

https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1259 Will be fixed in the next version.

4 years ago

thanks a lot, like always.

4 years ago

Also fixed. Thanks.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

Try the latest version.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

the script is currently not working for me
it doesn't even show anything, like if it wasn't installed
any Ideas?

4 years ago

Chrome or Firefox?

4 years ago

firefox

4 years ago

I know deleted it and reinstalled it
But as I guessed my settings are now lost, and my last backup is 3 month

4 years ago

Well, you could have waited to see if we could fix it. Sorry you lost your data, you should enable the automatic backup so that you have a newer data when this happens.

4 years ago

Browsing SG without this is such a pain in the ass, but I needed to satisfy my addiction;)

4 years ago

Hello rafael, does EGST's sync function have any affect on hidden game filters?
Here's the situation: let's say you redeem a game (otaku bundle comes to mind). it gets revoked. since it was owned, you may have hidden it for the time being.
How could you unhide games like this, especially if you lose track of the names? Is there such a feature already? I am not sure what it would be called, so I apologize if it's already addressed and I'm not seeing it.

4 years ago

There's a feature called Hidden Game Manager that could help you: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=hgm

4 years ago

Hi, yes, I've been using this. But i'm not sure it auto-updates if a game goes from owned to unowned, since it requires you to manually hide it. Is there such a thing, or do I have to wipe all the filters and start over myself?

4 years ago

It doesn't auto update at the moment, but I can see if I can add that.

4 years ago

This is coming in the next version: https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1299

Happy cake day!

4 years ago

How do I use the hidden game manager?

1 year ago

HAPPY CAKEDAY!!!!

4 years ago

Thank you sir fish

4 years ago

Is there a way to disable or hide the counter in the Entered Game Highlighter ?

4 years ago

Not as an option at the moment, but you can enable the custom theme and use this rule:

.esgst-egh-button {
  font-size: 0;
}
4 years ago

Thanks
But there is also a conflict with another mod "Steamgifts: Look for similar" in the threads and just change the font size for it does not work, i'll just wait for maybe an option or an integration of the function of this mod in ESGST ;)

I don't understand why someone wants to know how many GA they have entered for a game, but that had to be asked.

4 years ago

Weird, I don't see how that simple rule could conflict at all, as it targets specifically the ESGST element.

Someone asked me to implement the counter so that they can know how interested they are in a game by seeing how often they decided to enter a giveaway for it. I guess it could also be useful to tell how unlucky you've been in winning that game. Anyways, it's just a nice information to have and I don't see any harm in it.

4 years ago

The rules don't conflict. It's the counter who conflict with this other mod (By adding a number and the rules won't change this conflict).
Why not just show the number when the mouse is hover the star of the Entered Game Highlighter ?

Bizarre to know that some people are more or less interested in the game because they have entered many or few GA but yes there is no harm to know the number of time you have enter a GA.

Edit: Thanks for the update and the option :D

4 years ago*

Nice, I see you added cryptocurrency donations. Great update thanks =D

4 years ago

You're welcome! :)

4 years ago

i'm honest: i've never checked those links / that part.

what about a "monthly calendar" to cover the costs. say, even if in May server costs are covered, we can donate for June, then for July and so on:

May = 100%
June = 75%
July = 0%
August = 0%

( i'm writing this in a very "light" way, cause we're talking about donations. but really didn't liked reading gsrafael01 not knowing what next month may happen. )

4 years ago

I spoke too soon, I've just received the payment from the patron I thought I had lost. Probably just a problem with their payment method. So looks like we're ok. :)

I'll see if I can set up such calendar though, just in case.

4 years ago

4 years ago*

4 years ago

I absolutely love the new "how many times you've entered givveaways for this game" counter; thank you!

4 years ago

4 years ago

I can't believe you actually did a Pale Moon version of it!
Thank you very much!

4 years ago

I'll always go wherever the user is. :)

I've also been wanting to make a Safari version, but no one has asked me for it, so I'm delaying that a bit. :P Edge is becoming Chromium-based, so I won't have to worry about it anymore. After that, most browsers should be covered.

4 years ago

it can be translated in Spanish?

4 years ago

I don't have time for that right now. If anyone wants to translate it, I'll be glad to add it.

4 years ago

Yes, I can help you. Well my language is castellano and I do not know English well but I can with the help of the translator 😅

4 years ago

I'll see if I can make it easier for you by adding a translation file. I'll let you know when I'm done.

4 years ago

(─‿‿─)👌

4 years ago

Hello all, I appear to have lost one of my patrons who was keeping the server live (or at least something went wrong with their payment), so unfortunately the server is down.

4 years ago

:(

4 years ago

I just received a donation that will allow me to keep the server going this month, but not sure what will happen after that. Hopefully the donations keep coming or more people become patrons.

4 years ago

So, I have the option on to join giveaways right from the main page, but for some weird reason it won't show the 'Enter' button when I try to join 'The Journey Down: Chapter Three' not sure why but it's annoying, any way for me to change that somewhere? or is there a known reason, or?

4 years ago

Did you previously win the game and perhaps marked it as not received?

4 years ago

No, I only won the bundle with the 1st and 2nd game of that series, never won the 3rd so far.

4 years ago

ESGST could be wrongly detecting that you own it as part of the bundle, I'll look into it.

4 years ago

Thank you ^^

4 years ago

Hello gssrafael01, EGST has been marked as non verified from Firefox and removed from browser.
Or am i just having a weird error?

4 years ago

Nope, it's still up: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/esgst/ What happened?

4 years ago

Some sort of new policy is the issue, add ons are up but not able to install due this:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

4 years ago*

That policy is old though, and add-ons submitted through AMO are already signed, so there shouldn't be a problem with ESGST.

4 years ago

Don't ask my why but this is the first I've seen of it after my firefox went v. 66.0.3 as well.
Before that everything worked fine, now every add on is down. So no idea :3
You sure they didn't renew or tweak it? cause tbh I'm not up to date with any of it, as usual. o_o also found this but no idea if it's helpfull https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/bkcjoa/all_of_my_addons_got_disabled_and_they_are_all/ kinda chinees to me at 4.30 am so good night/day :)

4 years ago

Thanks for the link, so it's a Firefox issue and we just have to wait until they fix it.

4 years ago

I woke up with my add ons back so I assume..? :3
And of course, always very welcome. I'm not very tech but I'll always try to help were I can ^_^

4 years ago

Yes is still up but not installing anymore, at least for me, now its located in the about:addons-not compatible, but so are all my other extensions. I'll try to find what's the problem over here.

4 years ago

What version of Firefox are you using?

4 years ago

Firefox 66.0.3

4 years ago

I'm sorry to bother you whit this probem, it might be a Firefox issue, thank you for responding so quickly :)
I haven't solved the problem itself but f**** that, i just moved to the Chrome install.

4 years ago

It's indeed a Firefox issue based on the link Tchii posted (https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/bkcjoa/all_of_my_addons_got_disabled_and_they_are_all/). We have to wait until they fix it, but the first comment in that Reddit thread has a workaround, if you're interested.

4 years ago

If you are interested, this article gives more info about the bug
https://www.engadget.com/2019/05/03/firefox-extension-add-on-cert/?guccounter=1
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1548973

As far as you know, all the settings etc should come back when FF fixes themselves?

4 years ago

I already had done that before, it requires to run dev or nightly versions, but i prefer to wait until they fix their mess.

4 years ago

Yep some incompetent fool broke all add-ons in Firefox. As a workaround I think you can install a developer build instead and disable the setting that requires install signatures for add-ons but I'll wait a bit to see if they can get it resolved expediently.

4 years ago

How to turn it again on Firefox? Today Mozilla disabled it!

4 years ago

Seems to be working again for me.
I didn't have to do anything to fix it

4 years ago

Lucky you! I have tried five ways to "fix it" and no help.

4 years ago

From Engadget:

In order to be able to provide the fix on short notice, you can check if you have studies enabled by going to Firefox Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Allow Firefox to install and run studies.
You can disable studies again after your add-ons have been re-enabled.

4 years ago

In the meantime, they can install whatever they want and get your data.

Edit: tried it. Doesn't work. ESGST is still listed as "legacy extension"

4 years ago

That's bad. I did it and it worked. I hope you find a way.

4 years ago

Damn Mozilla just turning off all the addons "to modernize Firefox" lol
How about letting people who know what they're doing just do what they do?

It's like going to your doctor and one day instead of saying "you should smoke less, exercize more and eat better", he sticks you with a needle and tells you "in order to prolong your life, I've decided to put you in a coma from now on"

4 years ago*

Yeah, I always found Mozilla to be much more liberal when it comes to add-ons than Google, but recently that seems to be changing.

4 years ago

Well, Google is very hands-on because they like to keep their revenue streamlined but Mozilla nerfing their own (dying) app under the guise of making it "more modern" and "more secure", that's a really bad step for them. The few users they still have don't want to use Chrome but if you give them enough reasons...

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.