Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Just wanted to say that you better draft a response for the GA description change and copy paste it.
Thank you again for the awesome add-on.
(If they don't like your settings they can make their own add-on...)

4 years ago

Yeah haha.

4 years ago

Is it possible to move "Enter / leave" button to the left, as in the screenshot?
https://imgur.com/a/eJR30kl

4 years ago

You can drag around everything youself.

4 years ago

I can not drag. Where is it possible to do?

4 years ago*

In the ESGST Settings there is a section "Element Ordering" almost in the bottom. There you should be able to drag it from "Giveaway Links" to "Giveaway Panel" area (as I understand the things are, from your screenshot).

4 years ago

I think they want it to be like the screenshot, so it should be from panel to links.

4 years ago

After pressing the "Enter / Leave" button, a pop-up window appears with the first comment. In settings 1.1 - 1.6 everything is disabled.
https://imgur.com/tEiLpu9
https://imgur.com/2gm0ebr

How to make sure that there is no pop-up window.

4 years ago

Not possible.

4 years ago

It was possible until you removed it in 8.3.8. Considering that old versions do not appear to be available any more, I'm calling that a dick move.

4 years ago

Call it whatever you want.

4 years ago

I want to applogize for everyone nagging about it.

I was pretty sure it would be obligatory when I saw the pop-up but wasnt even going to mentioned it because I knew you have had it as obligatory before, but then changed it when users complained.

I personally dont want a pop-up, but cant belive anyone would call it a dick move when you take personal time to make the best extension/script for the site.

4 years ago

Honestly, I've always been on the other side of the argument (that not reading giveaway descriptions is wrong). Even all of those times I ended up making it optional again, I still believed it was wrong. The only reason why I always ended up making it optional again is because I could never deal with the complaints and people saying "I'll just stay in an old version then".

I always try my best to ensure the best experience for the users. That's the reason why this extension is so huge. It got here with 95% of user suggestions. My vision for it was never for it to become this big (all I wanted when I made it was to have a way to know who was replying to whom when the comments no longer indent, because that used to drive me crazy :P), but as users started asking for things to make their experience better, I always tried my best to implement it as soon as possible, because why not? So the idea of some users staying in old versions bothers me, because it means they can't update to better versions with bug fixes and new enhancements / features.

But I think I can cope better with the complaints this time, specially since I've already done an unpopular update this year by deprecating the userscript (that also got a few complaints, but I didn't bring it back).

Also, this wasn't random. I didn't just wake up that day and decided to make it mandatory again. I was reading a series of discussions here on SteamGifts last week that prompted me to make this decision.

4 years ago

I want to clarify that I'm not particularly angry or upset about the change in itself. More annoyed that the change a) happened without sufficient notice as far as I can tell b) there's no clear announcement in the main discussion post or the GitHub main page about the reasoning behind the change, and c) you took steps to basically Orwell the prior versions from existence. This all come across as remarkably petty. And I have trouble buying your explanation that you have an issue with 'users not using the latest version of your addon with all the nice features I made', when previous versions were always available right until you decided to take one side of a hot button issue. Which I still don't get why it was a hot button issue because the issue thread on github has disappeared.

4 years ago*

a) Except things change in this extension left and right. It's in constant development, which is why it's advisable to always read the changelog when a new version is out.
b) The reason is obvious: to enforce that giveaway descriptions are shown and, hopefully, read.
c) Really? You're gonna get annoyed by the words I decided to use?
d) I've always done this. A few months ago, I deleted all versions prior to v8 (and before that I deleted all versions prior to v7.20, and so on...). A few weeks ago, I deleted all versions prior to v8.1. I only went further and deleted all of them this time because it's a change that can be exploited by remaining on old versions.

And this is not the first time I've erased the history on GitHub, I often do it when there are too many commits and I want to clean things out a bit.

4 years ago

I removed c) as I saw you had made comments to prior queries over this. I realize you can only say RTFM so many times. I still think an official statement regarding the matter should have been prepared prior.

As far as removing previous versions, I know it's just my preference but I hate it when historical data of a worthwhile project is obliterated without backup. I hope you've kept a personal archive of every version just so you can look back on it all in the post apocalyptic year of 2029 and chart its progress from little rafflesite userscript to Skynet.

Also, 'exploit'. I think we all can appreciate what you've done to make using this site more enjoyable for all of us. I'm not so certain all of us appreciate a moral busybody. If gifters want entrants to engage there are plenty of means to encourage or even require it. Making virtue mandatory destroys what makes virtue valuable.

4 years ago

No, I don't keep version backups because I don't live in the past, so I don't care for old versions. All I care about is the current state of the project. But no data was obliterated, I simply "erased" the history, which is not even a proper term, because as I replied to someone else, you can't delete commits on GitHub. What I did was simply hide them. But anyway, they're back now..

It's my job and responsibility, as the extension creator, to be a "moral busybody". I have to think of the ways users can use my extension to harm the SteamGifts experience and try to prevent them from doing that.

4 years ago

There's a significant distinction between considering how users might use the thing you've made to cause harm, and deliberately annoying users who aren't causing any actual apparent harm* because something they do which you've allowed in the past rustles your jimmies. Oh, and then getting mighty salty when users start organizing ways to bypass your attempts to annoy them so you declare your intention to annoy them even more by taking your toys with you and leaving.

*If someone has made a strong argument on why public giveaway descriptions should be mandatory reading material, or how ignoring those descriptions actively harms the gifters, other entrants, or the community at large, I'd love to read it. This would be the key to contextualizing the change as an ethically justified choice rather than moral busybodying. In particular is it possible to recover Issue 1326? It can't be recovered from Google Cache or Wayback.

4 years ago

It was wrong of me to hide the history, delete the old versions and go closed-source, but all of those things have been reverted now. I didn't plan on doing them when I implemented the change, but all of the complaints that I was getting making this out to be an apocalyptic change just got me hot headed and I ended up lashing out.

There have been many of these arguments made, and I think you can find some of them in the autojoin thread. And cg did say that he appreciated the fact my extension showed the description when he implemented bans for autojoin scripts.

No, unfortunately issues cannot be restored. But there was nothing of substance in it. I just explained why I was doing it. To try to enforce users to read descriptions, specially because sometimes they can contain useful information. For example, I was just about to enter a giveaway for a package because I wanted the DLCs recently, but the creator asked that only people who didn't own the base game entered. If I had entered the giveaway without reading the description and won it, the creator would have had to issue a reroll. And if the other winner also had not read the description and owned the base game, the creator would have to issue yet another reroll, and so on... To me, that's a pretty clear example of a harm that can be caused by not reading a description, but there are others.

4 years ago

Restoring the Github history is a good move. I think it might just be enough that the old add-on versions are unavailable from the Chrome/Firefox repos as it means that officially the restriction is in place and thus the majority of users will abide by it, but the hellbent can still go through mud to find/build/maintain the unrestricted forks or circulate the old crx/xpi files themselves. The loss of convenience is still imposed but in a way that frames it as a loss of a benefit rather than as a surprise punishment, which is a world of difference. It also makes the whole thing 'their' problem, not yours.

I'm not sure if this was an issue on my end, but I for one did not see an announcement prior to the change implemented despite changelog notifications being enabled. Friday the filters were working then Monday they were not. Having an announcement of the feature deprecation (like you did with the userscript version) and a prepared statement to cut detractors off before they start would have been advisable.

The package/DLCs issue is definitely something that calls for a solution. But I suspect in that case the best solution would be actually for CG to implement an option for giveaway creation to explicitly allow or deny entrants with partial ownership of package contents. I'm not much of a programmer myself so I have no idea how feasible this would actually be.

4 years ago*

Chrome doesn't offer old versions though, so Chrome users would have no way of downgrading regardless. But anyone who wants to stay in an old version can get the .zip file from the GitHub release and load it manually, so not really a major loss of convenience, except for Firefox users. Or they can just use Archi's fork.

I take the criticism, and I'll try to announce "major" changes (because I still don't view this as a major change like the userscript move was) in the future. Maybe I can implement a news system for ESGST, because posting something in this discussion is not really an announcement, as I'm sure many users don't read it. Or... I can just use Steam announcements on the ESGST group.

4 years ago

Also, the reason why I deleted issue 1326 is because it had the link to the commit that made the change, and when I was hiding the history, I wanted to hide that as well to prevent people from seeing what I changed to make it happen.

4 years ago

Can you provide links to those discussions? I've personally never written a description that I cared about anyone reading, so I'm curious to know why some users want to try to force people to read their descriptions.

The thing is, though, I've never read descriptions, not even before I started using ESGST when I had to open each giveaway individually. So I'm not sure what the mandatory pop-up accomplishes other than being a slight annoyance to have to close it after entering each giveaway.

As for people complaining about changes (be it this one or others), users often get upset when something in an app (or extension in this case) suddenly changes and messes up their workflow without some kind of warning ahead of time. Unfortunately, most users don't read changelogs (or manuals for that matter), so they're just like, "WTF?" when something changes. That said, I'm also aware that you're one person working on what has become a monster of an extension and also dealing with conflicting user feedback, so I both appreciate the hard work you've done and don't envy your position.

4 years ago

You can block the popup with this filter in uBlock: ##div.esgst-popup-layer:if(span:has-text(Leave Giveaway))

4 years ago

Well, It IS a disrespectful move if you didn't consult any other contributors (only insideone as far as i could see) about erasing their commits, those shouldn't have been erased unless permission was granted. I'm not talking about license as it unfortunately allows for it to happen, just about respect to someone who contributed to the code.

On the change itself, while I disagree on making it mandatory, it won't change anything for me as I already had it set up like in the new version.

On the "tantrum" comment you made, an argument could be made that you are trowing a tantrum because people don't want the change you made and are willing to go to great lengths to circumvent it.

4 years ago

I disagree. And I didn't erase anyone's commits, you can't erase commits. I just erased the history.

Find me one comment where I look like I'm throwing a tantrum. I've been answering the questions in a calm, civilized way. You can't say the same about other people.

4 years ago

Well, if the forks hadn't been created erasing the history effectively would have erased the commits, the only reason they still exist is because the forks were created in the first place.

About the tantrum thing, I said a argument could be made, I didn't make it in the previous comment and I don't see a point in ever making it.

4 years ago

Well, I still don't see it as disrespectful. I just noticed I haven't done it, but I'll make sure to add a "Contributors" section to GitHub listing who has contributed and giving them credit (it wasn't just insideone).

4 years ago

insideone is the only one I could find in the history, he probably is the only one who contributed code on GitHub after the last time you purged the history as it isn't the first time you do this if I'm not mistaken.

Having a Contributors section is better than nothing but I would still have kept their commits in the history.

4 years ago

You can block the popup with this filter in uBlock: ##div.esgst-popup-layer:if(span:has-text(Leave Giveaway))

4 years ago

I had a nice custom filter which I build myself, to filter way more oneliner and descriptions I encountered often which didn't really add anything (why more then the 7 options now)
It's now gone, but is there an option to let us filter a bit more then the few standard things

4 years ago

Custom filters are back, but more limited. Your old filters should still be there.

4 years ago

awesome thanks

4 years ago

4 years ago

Am I the only user where the msg "Game Categories says: No permission to perform this action. Please go to the "Permissions" section of the settings menu and grant the required permissions: ://.gsrafael01.me/, ://.store.steampowered.com/" still here on v 8.3.10-dev.1, with FF 66.0.5, even after uninstall/reinstall?
Anyway, thank you very much for this great addon! :)

4 years ago

Did you grant the permissions on the settings menu? Everyone who was having this issue reported it was fixed with v8.3.10.

4 years ago

You're right, my bad, I didn't grant enough rights :)

Thank you very much!

4 years ago

You're welcome! :)

4 years ago

I've tried to do this but when I click "Save Changes" it just gets stuck on "Saving...". Changing any other setting besides Permissions works fine. I'm on Waterfox 56.2.9.

On a related note, why are all but the most recent release of the extension gone not only from the Firefox Addons page, but also the Github page?

4 years ago

I had the same issue -> my ESGST was still on v8.3.8, even after a manual check in my Firefox. I had to try multiple times before the extension finally manage to update, and the issue is indeed fixed with v8.3.10.

4 years ago

No, I mean it happens even after updating to v8.3.10

4 years ago

I guess the fix only works for Firefox. I'll see if I can fix it for Waterfox soon.

To prevent users from using old versions that do not have a restriction that was implemented in v8.3.8.

4 years ago

Just to confirm that I have the same problem in Waterfox. It works fine on Firefox 56, but in Waterfox you are unable to save the configuration if you attempt to change the permissions.

4 years ago

I already have the fix for it, just haven't had the time to release it with all the shitstorm going on here. I'll try to do so tomorrow (or rather later today, because it's already tomorrow here xD). Sorry about it. I know I've left you guys in a bad place because you can't downgrade while you wait for the fix.

4 years ago

v8.3.11 is out, please try it.

4 years ago

Just updated to v8.3.12, it works great! Thanks a bunch.

4 years ago

Seems to work now, thanks.

4 years ago

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be fixed in 8.3.10 on Firefox Mobile. I'm getting the same error there on 8.3.10 on a Google Pixel C tablet (Android). I know 8.3.12 is current, but Firefox Mobile doesn't offer a way to force Add-on updates. They update whenever the app decides on its own to look for updates, which seems to happen pretty randomly.

4 years ago*

I'll have to test on mobile.

4 years ago

It updated to 8.3.12, and it seems to be working, so you shouldn't need to worry about checking it out. I just wish I could manually update extensions on Firefox Android. It's supposed to check every 24 hours, but sometimes it goes many days without updating.

4 years ago

I think I can use https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/runtime/requestUpdateCheck to force updates. I'll see if I can add a button that allows you to do this.

4 years ago

Even though the page you linked is on Mozilla's developer network, the browser compatibility section of the article indicates that it works in Chrome and Opera, but not Firefox or Edge. The Acknowledgments section notes that it's a Chromium API call, so I wonder why it's in Mozilla's developer docs.

4 years ago

This works on mobile?

4 years ago

You can use Firefox add-ons on mobile through Firefox for Android.

4 years ago

Also on iOS?

4 years ago

4 years ago

That's sad

4 years ago

You've just forced everybody to read description of every giveaway, which I do not agree with. Previously I used filters to filter out a lot of descriptions I automatically agree with (such as giveaway deletion notice), meaningless or otherwise useless, such as images-only. I do not plan to publish all my filters, not just because they're not generic enough, but also because I don't intend to add them to your approved list of filters. Those are my filters, not generic picks for casual users. If I can't add my own filters (including .* if I wish to do so), then this addon no longer satisfies my previous usage.

I'm not going to get into argument here, because I really have better stuff to do, so I'll only ask a simple genuine question - do you plan adding customized description filters back, or should I fork ESGST and maintain a working copy myself, the way I see fit (and obviously sharing it with everybody else who doesn't agree with your change, which will most likely cause the split over a fork you'd rather want to avoid).

Not to mention other stuff you did, such as erasing GitHub history, which didn't provide any security against people that are capable of reading the code (such as me), while being a huge middle finger towards all your contributors and people that decided to support you. You didn't just decide to remove the feature, but made your best to annoy everybody less experienced with the code, just so they can't add it back easily, which goes against the spirit of OSS. Just because I don't want to see some people doing awful things with ASF doesn't make me salty to the point of adding traps for them and acting against OSS spirit. You're the project lead and you should make your best to maintain the project in as good way as possible, because this is why you're sharing it here in the first place. Removing valid features with even more valid usages, that are already implemented, require less maintenance than new system, and are a huge step back is simply put stupid, but fully your decision that you're entitled to, same as mine whether I agree with that and keep using your project or I decide to fork it and change it the way I see fit. Since the code you published so far is under MIT license (and you can't change the license retroactively, unlike GitHub history), I'm most likely just going to maintain my own version of ESGST if I can't expect that from you.

Thanks for answering, and I still hope you can think it through.

4 years ago*

Exactly my thoughts. Would be a bit of a hassle but keeping fork up-to-date and auto-merging commit disabling this pop-up should be doable. For now I just blocked those modal windows with my adblock filter.

4 years ago

Not a hassle for anybody experienced with the programming. It'll take me a few hours to set up automatic merges with up-to-date base, moving server logic on my own server and erasing all external resources that would allow any remote control over fork users. The problem is that ESGST will no longer be the same once I do this, because the only logical outcome next is rafael going close-source with ESGST or stopping development entirely, both cases leading to users losing in this. I could always achieve what I want regardless, and make a lot of people happy at the same time, but without avoiding the potential fallout from this for everybody else.

And this is why I hope it won't need to come to this, I prefer to kindly ask first, but if asking won't do then I'll just satisfy my own use case, exactly the same how I did that 4 years ago when I started ASF.

For now I did the first step in regards to my disagreement and kept the full history that, if fork will need to be maintained, will be available for everybody to see, regardless of any future "history purges".

4 years ago*

Calm down, the history can be easily restored (which I've just done).

That has nothing to do with "OSS spirit". I won't allow my extension to be used for doing awful things officially. If someone wants to use my code to do those things, then yes, I'll try my best to annoy them and make them work harder for it. A while ago the extension had a flaw that allowed users to check millions of users with Whitelist / Blacklist Checker at once. That's millions of requests that the extension would be making to SteamGifts. I fixed that flaw silently (without mentioning it in the changelog or opening an issue for it) and deleted all older versions of the extension at the time to prevent less experienced users from exploiting the flaw. Did that stop more experienced users from exploiting the flaw? No, and one user in particular did fork the extension only to remove any limits in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker so they could make uncontrolled requests to SteamGifts and stress the servers. Can I stop that? No, because that's the price I pay for wanting to be transparent and share the code with everyone, but the less experienced users can no longer exploit the flaw easily. Should I not have done that, in the name of "OSS spirit"?

The only way that I would consider bringing the custom filters back would be if they were only added through the button in the popup (which would prevent the use of regular expressions) or if filters like .* were blocked (because that's essentially the same as having an option to disable the description popup altogether). And since you claim in your post that even if you can't add .* it doesn't satisfy your usage, then feel free to fork the project. But just know that the minute you do, I'll go closed-source, because I won't support a fork that does something I disapprove of receiving new updates from me.

I hope you can think it through, because I really want to keep this project open-source, and it would be a shame to ruin the extension over something as pathetic as a simple popup that can be dismissed in 1 second. But if you decide to go through with it, I just ask that you use a different name for your fork, because it will confuse the users to have two ESGSTs, specially if you decide to distribute your fork in the Chrome / Firefox stores.

4 years ago

Alright, you answered my question, thanks.

I hope you can think it through, because I really want to keep this project open-source

That has nothing to do with going against users in the name of your own agenda. ASF doesn't put a hard limit on addlicense, number of accounts or redeem queue, because it's user decision, including his ban for overusing it. If you can't see the logic in this, even if you claim yourself that this change is virtually useless and doesn't achieve anything you want because "it can be dismissed in 1 second", then it only further shows how you're admitting to fighting for the lost cause yet still believe that only your usage is appropriate.

I'll go ahead and do what I promised to the users then.

4 years ago

4 years ago

The change that forces giveaway descriptions on you when you click enter button is bad in my opinion. It will just annoy people, without it actually serving any real purpose because people who don't want to read description can just quickly click outside of that box to close it.

So you're not actually accomplishing anything with it, other than annoying probably a good deal of your supporters and consumers.

I personally like to check the descriptions of giveaways I'm interested in, but I don't check descriptions from people whose descriptions are always the same or for giveaways I enter just to point-scum (which I rarely do nowadays since I don't enter nearly as many giveaways as I used to so I always have full points).

4 years ago*

Turning the addon off for now because of that.
I don't get it why it doesn't stay as a toggable option.

4 years ago*

I'll be keeping it on since it's quite useful addon with tons of features and the enter button is only a small part of the reason why I'm using it.

If enter button is all you need or care about there are I think two other extensions that have it. I forgot the names, since I'm not nearly as active on SG as I used to but they shouldn't be hard to find.

4 years ago

Yeah it has a shitton of helpful features, but the enter button was a big deal for me.
I found an alternative for it on the chrome web store, but now I lack all other features, till this gets patched back in, if ever.
But meh. Thanks for the tipps though

4 years ago

till this gets patched back in, if ever.

Well it seems that if it doesn't get patched back in that Archi will make a fork of the project and fix it. So we've probably got nothing to worry about.

4 years ago

I have a compromise. Maybe. You can add option to turn popup window into notification-OSD-non-blocking-popup, which will automatically hide out in X seconds (another option). So all users will be softly forced to see description, but it won't hurt anyone who doesn't read them at all.

4 years ago

That would lead to many notifications being shown, and would just be a mess of a system. And as if clicking out of a popup in 1 second "hurts" anyone. Grow a pair.

4 years ago

Who said that 1sec will be valid option? There can be minimum value of your choice. Yeah, such notifications can be ignored as like as regular popups can be ignored by 1 blind click. Those who didn't read won't do it in any case. There is really no way to force them, except 1984, haha.
Just to be clear, I use description popups without any filters and read all things. I'm not affected by any of your last moves.
I just like to solve such UI puzzles

4 years ago

4 years ago

So now we must see every amazing description like "GL HF" or "Don't forget to mark as received". Great idea... I like seeing some nice descriptions, but not being able to filter those spammy, uncreative text messages? Showing descriptions can stay as a forced option, just gimme back my filters.

4 years ago

No, the filters still exist, the only difference is that at the moment you have to choose them from a predefined list. I'll bring custom filters back with the next version, but they will be more limited. For example, you won't be able to use a .* filter.

4 years ago

That sounds good :)

4 years ago

4 years ago

Ok, if that's how you guys want to play, then let's play. If someone forks the project with the intention of merging future updates while disabling the popup, ESGST will go closed-source. Thank you, next.

4 years ago

This would all easily be solved by making it an option, but instead you are being belligerent.

I'm really glad you made this extension happen and ongoing, but when a random change makes the experience worse, you'll see some push back. This attitude of "I'll fight you all" won't help you gain any support and will just push people against you.

4 years ago

Reminds me of Uwe Boll XD

4 years ago

View attached image.
4 years ago

If someone forks the project with the intention of merging future updates while disabling the popup, ESGST will go closed-source. Thank you, next.

I did already, thank you, next.

4 years ago*

👌

4 years ago

That description popup is terribly annoying. It adds a click where we try to reduce them.

4 years ago

Use filters.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Custom filters are back in v8.3.12, but more limited (generic filters like .* and .+ will be ignored). This shouldn't affect most of the users that were using custom filters though, and your old filters should still be there, because they were not purged from the storage.

4 years ago

Oh, you made descriptions mandatory? Good, finally some people will learn to fucking read once in their lives. I like it. ^_^

4 years ago

It's created a fucking nightmare, but yes, I did.

4 years ago

They'll cope.

4 years ago

This gets a big plus one from me.
Fucking ingrates.

4 years ago

No, they will learn to get annoyed by a flashing pop-up that they didn't even have time to read because it went away with the next click. People are here to give away and win games, not be forced to read the same spam dozens of times per day for no reason.

4 years ago

Bullshit. They want a faster, easier way to get more free shit.
If it was about pop-ups, they could go back to entering the old fashioned way.

4 years ago

I want a faster easier way to spend my points without having to spend an extra click. Obviously we're talking in the context of using this extension and the current change. If anything less people will read them because they will learn to do that extra click automatically without thinking. Personally I dislike the mentality that giveaway creators feel so entitled that they can force people to read their boring descriptions just to win games. That's not giving away, that's trading, or even worse Gleam crap.

4 years ago

I want a faster easier way to spend my points without having to spend an extra click.

And that's exactly what I said, in different words.

Personally I dislike the mentality that giveaway creators feel so entitled

Ironic.

4 years ago

Even when they feel similar they are 2 different things. Some people might want to win as many games as possible. I want to spend the points with no care if I win something or not. Greed vs OCD or something like that.

Where is the irony exactly?

4 years ago

An entrant who wants one click entry calling giveaway creators entitled. /facepalm

. I want to spend the points with no care if I win something or not. Greed vs OCD or something like that

Blaming OCD for entering giveaways? That's certainly a new one, and I'm calling bullshit.

4 years ago

Did you mean a level 10 giver with over 10:1 given:won ratio calling other entitled because they want to trade their games for others reading their boring descriptions? Palm your face enough times until you get this. You might be here to maximize your won games and care about it, I'm not.

I'm calling bullshit on the entitlement some people feel just because they give away couple games. They should go to Gleam if they want to enforce silly rules instead of just freely giving away.

4 years ago

Did you mean a level 10 giver with over 10:1 given:won ratio

Lmao, I knew you'd bring up your giveaways and ratio (it's not even 4:1, by the way). That you believe your opinion should carry more weight due to level speaks volumes. Level doesn't mean jack shit to someone like me.

I'm calling bullshit on the entitlement some people feel just because they give away couple games.

Yet you feel entitled to one-click enter all their giveaways, and somehow miss the irony of it all. The best thing about Rafael making this change is that it's forcing people to show their cards. (Even more ironic you saying that after bringing up your own level and giveaways lol).

EDIT: By the way, this is all coming from someone who almost never uses giveaway descriptions for anything other than region lock notices, so don't even play that card.

4 years ago*

Nonsense. I don't believe my opinions carry any more weight than anyone else's, except to me. You're the one who tries to make me look like some autoscript leecher only interested in winning as many games as possible, which is what I'm disagreeing with. You're the one trying to feel mightier than others, not me. I merely pointed out that math is on my side proving my point while making yours false. Level doesn't mean anything to you, does that mean you proved my point about you only caring about won games then? Level was the only thing that meant jill shit to me and I already won the SG game.

I don't feel entitled to enter any giveaways, I do it because I'm using the forums and the unused points manage to annoy me. Nothing forced me to show any cards and I didn't even notice anything changed before reading this thread. There still is no irony except what you desperately try to forge.

I never made any claims about what you are doing with your GAs so I hardly see where I was playing that card? You have an opinion that everyone should read all the boring blah blah in every description, not an opinion that every GA should have that.

4 years ago

You're just making excuses for yourself now.

I make none for myself. I'm here to give away some games and I'm here to win some games. Oh shit, fucking surprise! I don't need to bring up my level, ratio, giveaways, or anything of the sort. They don't mean jack shit anyway. Not to me, not to anyone else, and they certainly have no bearing on this discussion.

But I fucking tell you what. Despite not adding descriptions myself, I read every damned giveaway description, because someone spent some money to make a giveaway, and it's the very least I can do for that person. I don't give a shit if it's a wall of text or a funny cat gif. And if it takes me an extra click for a chance to enter those giveaways, so be it. That's not asking a whole helluva lot, in my opinion.

4 years ago

No I'm not, I'm saying the exact same thing as I have always said.

Yet you felt you needed to bring up me wanting to waste points as being the same as me wanting to win as many games as possible. I merely responded to your false claim about me with actual statistic proof against it. The numbers matter to me since they were the way to win the game. I never claimed they should matter in any way to anyone else. You're the one who's making claims about me, not the other way around, I'm merely responding to your claims, not saying the response is somehow otherwise important for anything.

How does the GA creator even know if someone read it or not? Other than the obvious like putting invite only links there. If I read some boring stuff through, how does that make the creator feel any better without any knowledge about it? "The least I can do" is the excuse some people use to spam thanks in every entered giveaway too. So should we all follow their "least" or your "least" or the actual least of entering giveaway and marking wins quickly and thanking only then?

You are free to have your opinion, just like I am free to have mine. When you understand this you can stop making false claims about me and we can either discuss about the differences in our opinions or not.

4 years ago

Still sticking to that OCD thing? A quick visit to your wins page tells another tale.
Color me disappointed.

4 years ago

Instead of making claims about me based on absolutely nothing, could you at least explain yourself? You can color yourself whatever you like. My won games color me not interested at all about what I win or not just like I have been saying. Go google efficiency in a dictionary before making more silly claims.

4 years ago

Go google efficiency in a dictionary before making more silly claims.

I don't care about winning! It's all about spending points efficiently! ~ Starwhite (2019)

4 years ago

Yes? Do you finally get it and agree with me? Or are you still trying to desperately find some issue there? If the latter, I'll just start coloring you as a pink elephant, since obviously my imagination of what you are matters more than what you actually are, right?

4 years ago

Use a script that changes the points to 0P no matter how many points you have. Solved. This is even something I can implement on ESGST for you.

4 years ago

Yes that would be one way. Shame this didn't come up 1.5 months earlier, would have been an awesome prank to set it enabled on default. :)

4 years ago

Next you'll want an option to select giveaways in a page and enter all of them with a single click.

4 years ago

No, I'd want 1 button to join all giveaways without selecting anything. I know there are scripts for that already, but not going to use them and get banned for autojoining.

4 years ago

I rest my case.

4 years ago

And I rest my case of SG being for giving away and winning games, not being forcefed useless spam.

4 years ago

Ironic, since you said you only want to spend points and not win games. I rest my case of SG being for giving away and winning games, not useless point spending.

4 years ago

I never cared one bit about what I win here, only about winning the SG game by reaching level 10. There still is absolutely no irony there. Most people want to win games, some people want to give away games and some people want to trade away their games for others reading their boring descriptions. The 3rd kind of people are the irony here if anything. What next, mandatory joining of all their social crap channels before you can join? We already have Gleam for that.

4 years ago

False equivalency, and you know it. You may want to look up the word "gratefulness".

Anyway, we've all rest our cases. Let's move on, because you won't change my mind and I won't change yours.

4 years ago

No I don't know of anything false. When you actually win something is the time to be grateful, not when having a 0.1% chance to win something. Which is exactly why I despise all the useless thanks spam while the GA is running. So I guess next version will have a mandatory comment field in the description pop-up. :P

4 years ago

Yes, you do. No, it's not. Move on.

4 years ago

Stop making false claims about me then and I will move on. There was nothing false there, exaggerated yes.

4 years ago

Yes, there was something false there. Move on.

4 years ago

Right, that seem to be the only thing you can say, you can't even point out what exactly was false. You do realize that your opinions are not the absolute truth making other opinions false? Like I said, I will move on the moment you stop making false accusations based purely on different opinions. It's your choice, I will never stop as long as you feel the need to continue.

4 years ago

What next, mandatory joining of all their social crap channels before you can join? We already have Gleam for that.

You made a false equivalency between simply reading a giveaway description and having to perform additional actions to enter a giveaway.

Then we'll continue forever. I thank you for giving visibility to the thread by keeping it at the top.

4 years ago

No, like I said I exaggerated it. Reading is already an additional action so still absolutely nothing false there. You think there should be just 1 additional action, I think there should be 0 and I pointed out the difference between 0 and 1 by exaggerating your 1 to 100 to better illustrate my point.

You're welcome. :)

4 years ago

No, it was a false equivalency. Reading is not an additional action in the same way, as it requires almost no effort.

4 years ago

It requires time and clicks, those are efforts. If entering one is almost no effort, entering 1000 multiplies that almost no effort to almost effort. There was still absolutely nothing false there. I never claimed it's a huge effort or anything, just that it is an extra action with no usefulness.

4 years ago

You made an equivalency between the two, which was false.

4 years ago

No it still is not in any way or form. You're the one making the false equivalency between 0 and 1 while I'm saying both 1 and 100 are positive integers while 0 is not. So 1 and 100 are far more similar than 0 and 1, even when obviously they are not the same. But if you start from 0 and do +1, you can repeat the action finally reaching 100, but if you never +1 you will always stay at 0.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Since logic as words failed to get through, it's nice to see math did.

4 years ago

No, "..." means "what the fuck".

4 years ago

Which part did you not understand? Positive integers perhaps?

0 additional actions is 0. 1 additional action is 1. 100 additional actions are 100. You claim that the equivalency between 1 and 100 is false or did I understand you wrong? I'm claiming that 1 and 100 are both positive integers while 0 is not, which can never be false, not that 1 and 100 are the exact same which is obviously false so it was never my point.

4 years ago

I understood everything, "what the fuck" means "this is ridiculous and I will not waste any more finger tips on it".

4 years ago

So we agree. If it was ridiculous, why start at all if you're not being entertained by it is the question here. Like I said, I will always respond to false claims about myself like "this is false and you know it" when it obviously wasn't false which got proven by math and logic. If you had said things like they actually are "I disagree with what you said" all would have been fine.

4 years ago

Reading is already an additional optional action

FTFY. I mean, let's get right to it. You've already said that you can click through the giveaway description without reading it, so clicking a second time is the only additional action required, and the one that annoys you.

To put it as plainly as possible, this has nothing to do with entitled giveaway creators and everything to do with your own entitlement. You made that clear by announcing two clicks is too much, and even more clear saying you'd autojoin if you could..

4 years ago

Yes I said how it actually is, requiring only a second click. That was as response to all the entitled people with the opinion that everyone should read every boring description ever.

To put it as plainly as possible, this has everything to do with entitled giveaway creators and nothing to do with my entitlement, since I don't feel any. I've made it clear by saying exactly that while you are the one feeling somehow entitled to force others to read whatever crap others put in their descriptions.

I would also autocreate giveaways if I could, what does that make me?

4 years ago

I've made it clear by saying exactly that while you are the one feeling somehow entitled to force others to read whatever crap others put in their descriptions.

Force? That's just a ridiculous thing to say after admitting you can simply click through them without reading them. You just want to one-click enter all the giveaways. Descriptions have nothing to do with it, because you had to two-click to enter before scripts as well (description or no description).

I would also autocreate giveaways if I could, what does that make me?

Creating and entering are two entirely different things. I shouldn't have to explain why.

4 years ago

You said it's good if it's forced, I said it's bad if it's forced and it's not forced anyways. Are you agreeing with me on the one-click joining of all giveaways or why do you keep repeating it?

Yes, apparently one allows you to feel entitled and the other one doesn't. To me neither does just like giving away freely without any strings attached is an entirely different thing than feeling entitled to require additional actions for it. The numbers were the only reward I ever asked for and got.

4 years ago

You said it's good if it's forced

Wrong. I said nothing of the sort, since it's not and never has been "forced." That's why I find that you're "annoyed" by giveaway descriptions (when it's really just an extra click) humorous. Or maybe my life's just tougher than I thought, and clicking twice should annoy me? Lmao.

Are you agreeing with me on the one-click joining of all giveaways

I've made my opinion on that very clear, not only here, but in several threads prior to this one. It will never change, and you've only reinforced that belief further.

4 years ago

Oh, you made descriptions mandatory?
This gets a big plus one from me. Fucking ingrates.

Any more lies about what you have not said? Just because you didn't at that point understand that it's still not mandatory doesn't change your opinion back then, only after.

You're trying to make very mild annoyance into something major, which it can never be. I never claimed it's huge issue unlike you seem to believe. How easy is your life when someone not feeling entitled because of creating giveaways is the biggest problem you have?

Just like I have always had my opinion and it hasn't changed. If you give away something for free, it should be absolutely free, not just a little bit not free with only some additional actions required. If you still feel like purely giving away makes one feel entitled in some way or form, you are disagreeing with the spirit of giving, not me.

4 years ago

That says nothing about reading descriptions.
No one is forcing you to read a God-damned thing. Worst case scenario, you're forced to click again. So fucking annoying and entitled, right?

I can't imagine the hardship you must face opening a file folder in explorer. God, I'm gonna piss myself laughing.

I'm angry on double-clicking!

4 years ago*

Only because I cut out that part, which you also agreed with. Why do you keep repeating information on how it actually works to me when I was the one who told you it in the first place?

Good if you're having fun, I know I am. I can't imagine the hardship you must face using the toilet so you must call on imaginary friends to save you from pissing yourself.

4 years ago

You should make a thread about it.
The title's right there. No worries, you can fork it and accept the accolades. ;)

Edit: Now, if you'll excuse me, I am going to go "efficiently spend some points", aka try and win something. I don't know how I'll manage with all this annoying entitled double-clicking, but I'll do my very best!

4 years ago

A thread about using the toilet? I think that would have very limited use for most people since they got potty trained as kids already. :P

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

4 years ago

Not sure. It doesn't seem like something that would infringe the terms of service, since SteamGifts already removes you from all giveaways for a game at once when you win that game. I'll think about it.

4 years ago

So, just to be on the safe side, I'm going to ask cg about this. It might take a while until he responds (I have another ticket open for months now), so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

I've reconsidered going closed-source because of Archi, it's not worth it. ESGST will remain open-source. And sorry for deleting the old releases / versions. I wish I could restore them, but it doesn't seem possible. Anyhow, a limited version of the custom filters are back, so I hope that can ease things.

4 years ago

Good, then fork users are no longer going to lose anything, thanks, will set up automation next :3.

Didn't expect Revadlike to actually succeed.

4 years ago*

Actually, looks like I can restore GitHub releases, so I'll do that for all of the v8 versions and then I'll see if they can be restored to the Firefox store.

4 years ago

Thanks for staying open source. I never disabled GA descriptions, nor set up filters, so I was oblivious to this drama until just now.

4 years ago

I am glad that ESGST remains open source and I hope the dispute is over now.

4 years ago

It is. I mean, I never had a problem with forks (I even recommended someone to fork it and keep updating the userscript when I deprecated it). I was just acting silly and I'm past that now.

Archi and I disagree on what OSS should be. He thinks OSS means no restrictions, and while it's true that anyone can fork ESGST and remove the restrictions, it doesn't mean that implementing those restrictions "goes against the OSS spirit". Firefox is OSS, yet it doesn't allow users to do certain things. Does this mean Firefox goes against the OSS spirit? No, anyone can fork it and remove those restrictions (like Pale Moon has).

4 years ago

Request feature in Settings section:
I want "Run it there" of a setting to be turned ON when "Enable/Disable" of the setting is turned ON.
Or set "Run it there" as ON by default.

Bug?:
I turned off [ST] and [SGT] items and saved, but they are still ON.

4 years ago

Maybe you have the old userscript still installed?

4 years ago

No. I re-installed this script on my chromium browser yesterday.
Version of script is 8.3.10-dev.1

4 years ago

It should be turned on automatically. This started in the recent update?

4 years ago

I don't know when started.

4 years ago

Should be fixed in v8.3.13.

4 years ago

Works fine in new version.
Thanks.

4 years ago

gsrafael01, I don't know if you do script requests, but you are a real genius with this stuff so I thought I'd ask.

I like https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/30887-steam-community-ignore for hiding posts from malicious users on Steam forums, but it is very inconvenient to use. Would you be able to add something like a button to it that you can auto add users to the list instead of having to manually write in their SteamID directly to the script itself whenever you want to add someone to it?

Thanks.

4 years ago

I'd be willing to help, but is the maintainer of the script is no longer around?

4 years ago

It seems not, it was released in 2017 with no updates since. I left a message on it anyway.

4 years ago

Yea, the person didn't reply.

4 years ago

So you want a button next to someone's username that can automatically add them to the list?

4 years ago

See if this does it for you: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/383119-steam-community-ignore Make sure to copy your current list to this script so you can keep your current ignored users.

4 years ago

Ok, it is working fairly nicely. The behavior is different, from collapsed hidden to completely removed, but that isn't necessarily bad either. It might be better this way, lol. Thanks a lot for your help with that, you really are great with this stuff.

4 years ago*

Are you sure? I didn't change that part of the script, it's still doing element.parentElement.parentElement.style.display = 'none';, so just hiding it.

4 years ago

You're right. I was thinking of another script that hides ascii type spam.

4 years ago

I have always left the description popup on because I like seeing if the creator has any considerations he wants people entering his giveaways to know. Still, I dislike the changes you made. I think it's not up to people with any kind of power to dictate how everybody else should behave, nor impart their morals upon them. Features should not be parted with solely because of ideological reasons.

I really like all the work you did so far, but this decision of yours makes me terribly conflicted. In a way, jumping to the fork for something that I don't even use feels petty, but keeping using your version and backing a decision I'm strongly against also bothers me. I'll keep an eye on the situation and figure it out later, I guess.

Edit: I decided to just uninstall ESGST. Not sure if I'll decide to use it again later on, but thank you for everything you did for the community.

4 years ago*

It's not that ideological. If you were to enter giveaways without using the extension you would have to open the giveaway and be forced to see the description anyway. So ESGST mirrors that exact behavior, with the additional plus that you can do it quicker by not opening a new tab for the giveaway and having the option to use filters to prevent certain types of descriptions from appearing. This doesn't take away from that practicality.

There are many features in this extension that I disagree with, but they were implemented anyway, exactly because I don't let my ideologies get in the way of that. As long as the feature doesn't infringe the guidelines / terms of service, I'm happy to implement it, whatever it is. This feature is much more nuanced though, because of all the reasons I've posted, because cg said that he appreciated that my extension showed the description, because while it might not be a full auto join it's very close, etc.

I don't get what the big deal about this is. It's not like I'm forcing people to post "thank you" comments, which is something I would never do. And it's not even like I'm forcing people to read the description, they can just click the popup away, like they would close a tab after entering a giveaway normally. How is it any different?

4 years ago*

I'm not sure about other people, but for me the deal is that you're imposing how people should use your extension, taking an already established option/feature out without a practical reason. It's well proven that the system accepts entering giveaways without collating the description/comments to the screen and adding an additional click, and the staff did not suddenly forbid you from letting people do so. So, nope, I disagree, your decision was entirely an ideological one.

And you said yourself people will continue not reading the description, so I question why you think that change is needed at all. From my point of view, if letting people join GAs without the popup bothered me (it wouldn't), I would just reset the popup to on for everyone, and then write and explanation in the notes of why I think it benefits the community for people not to turn it off. Everyone can make the decision if they agree with the reasoning themselves.

4 years ago*

Fine, ignore all of my arguments.

4 years ago

If by that you mean your second paragraph, I disregarded it because I don't see how it has anything to do with the discussion. Also, the fact you usually don't let your ideals get in the way doesn't mean you didn't do in this particular case.

Otherwise, I believe I responded to everything else you have said, albeit not exactly in the order you wrote.

4 years ago

If you were to enter giveaways without using the extension you would have to open the giveaway and be forced to see the description anyway.

they can just click the popup away, like they would close a tab after entering a giveaway normally. How is it any different?

What bothers me is how out of proportion most people are blowing this. If you don't like it, fine, but acting like this is such a monstrosity that "oh no, I don't think I can use your extension anymore because I can't support such a monstrosity". A bit too much, don't you think?

4 years ago

Like I said above, I had the popup always on, and my reason for contention is simply taking an option without a convincing reason it should be removed, so I didn't go into those. But well, as far as I can tell, it's just that while it's still faster with the script, it just that it was faster before, and it significantly affected the flow people were used to. People don't like changes for the worse, especially if they think it's arbitrary. Despite how small it seems to you, other people think it's a huge annoyance and are really passionate about it.

And well, I agree it's blown out of proportion, but people tend to overreact when something they care about gets trampled on. That's just human nature, as unfortunate as it may be.

4 years ago

seus argumentos sao merda, suas atitudes pior ainda (hur closed source, hur fuck user experience), filhao

4 years ago

👍

4 years ago

Hi, just updated and I'm getting a dialog box every time I use the "11. Enter / Leave Giveaway Button" option and enter games with descriptions. This happened once before, and had something to do with whatever that option is being defaulted to on and you were kind enough to default it to off in the next release, since at the time I couldn't find the option to turn it off. I'm having the same problem where I can't turn off the dialog, and putting a * in the filter option doesn't tell it to ignore everything. Could you please point me in the right direction?

4 years ago

Have you tried searching this discussion? The last 2 pages are almost solely dedicated to this topic.

4 years ago

Oh sorry, last time this wasn't a widespread issue, so I figured whatever it was, was just messing up my extension again.

4 years ago

isthereanydeal info is not working without permissions

4 years ago

Obviously. Without a permission to make a request to isthereanydeal.com, how do you expect the feature to work?

4 years ago

right...

edit: was doing it without a request so... i get it just saying how some users could get it mixed up JUST SAYING

4 years ago

Ok, I seem to be having trouble using my backup of my settings from last month that are on my drive, it's only 16kb of data but the arrow just keep spinning. Is there something wrong with the restore feature at this time?

4 years ago

Are you on Firefox? Check the permissions of the extension on the settings menu.

4 years ago

Yes I am, The only thing it asked is if I wanted to use dropbox I'd have to turn that on. Is that a dependency for the whole restore feature?

4 years ago

Yes. In order to use Dropbox you have to allow the extension to communicate with Dropbox. This is done through the permission.

4 years ago

I may have been unclear. I have a local file not in dropbox, but when I try to restore from the "computer" option it asks me about enabling dropbox permission even though I'm not using dropbox.

4 years ago

Ok, you said "drive", so I thought you were talking about the cloud. Do you have the option "Backup to" enabled?

4 years ago

Yeah it's weird. I rolled back to 8.3.7 and it works just fine. When I click on "Computer" the dialog box asking me to approve with the green and red buttons doesn't show up with the latest version.

4 years ago

Will look into it. v8.3.8 introduced permissions. ESGST can be thinking you have the Dropbox option enabled when you don't.

4 years ago

Ok, thanks for looking into it, I'll just use 8.3.7 for now.

4 years ago

Should be fixed in v8.3.13.

4 years ago

To anyone who wants a simple solution to the description popup you can just add this to your adblock filters.

www.steamgifts.com##.esgst-popup-modal
www.steamgifts.com##div.esgst-popup-layer

4 years ago

Much thanks!

4 years ago

I would recommend also adding, that this filter will disable ALL popups from ESGST. Having this filter you won't even be able to open settings etc.

4 years ago

thanks! gets really anoying the pop ups of the comments @Pe4enie, thanks for the heads up!

4 years ago

thanks!

4 years ago

the dev changed something, its not working anymore

4 years ago

Seems to be still working for me?

4 years ago

thats weird lel

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

You can sync owned / wishlisted / ignored games in the settings menu.

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Game Categories gets that information from your storage, which is refreshed on sync, so it appears that the sync is not working properly. I'll look into it.

4 years ago

Are you syncing while logged in on Steam? Because wishlisted / ignored data is only synced when you are. If so, check if rgOwnedApps correctly filled here: https://store.steampowered.com/dynamicstore/userdata/

4 years ago

Deleted

4 years ago

Hi. How can I remove first element (eye)? What option responsible for that?
Works as "37.[SG]One-Click Hide Giveaway Button", but this option disabled (tried enable-save-disable-save again, but nothing changes).

View attached image.
4 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gf_s

It's not the same as that option. This one hides just this giveaway, not all giveaways for this game.

4 years ago

Thank you 🙂

4 years ago

I just tried to manually sync everything in ESGST, and no matter which boxes I checked, only "Groups" actually synced. It's been a few weeks since I last synced (I just set up automatic intervals, finally), so I'm not sure when this bug appeared. I'm using ESGST 8.3.12, Firefox 66.0.5 x64 Windows 10.

4 years ago

Will look into it, this is a bug that I thought I fixed in v8.3.8.

4 years ago

I cannot reproduce this. If it continues to happen in the next version, please let me know.

4 years ago

Strangely, I can't either. I was just transferring my configuration from my PC to my tablet, and in doing so, I did a manual sync along with the data backup, and it worked fine. No idea why it failed (despite multiple attempts) on the 15th.

4 years ago

I have the same problem like I had a some time ago
the extension just doesn't load, and nothing of it is shown

4 years ago

Assuming you're on Windows, can you check the size of your storage on C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings\ibedmjbicclcdfmghnkfldnplocgihna? This could be related to https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1304.

If it's the same issue, you can "fix" it by uninstalling, reinstalling and restoring your data (assuming you make regular backups).

4 years ago

yeah, that fixed it last time (I sadly can't remember when I did my last backup though)

4 years ago

Heads Up Regarding Next Update: SteamTrades Profile Button

SteamTrades Profile Button will be removed and consolidated into User Links in the next update (https://github.com/gsrafael01/ESGST/issues/1332), so if you're using the feature and you no longer see it, just enable User Links in the settings menu and you will have the functionality back.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.