Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Why do I always notice bugs when I've just released a new version... Yes, I'm aware that Content Loader for User Info is not working right now. Will try to push a hotfix in the next few hours.

4 years ago

esgst has to many functions to test them all before each release

4 years ago

Happy Cakeday! :3

View attached image.
4 years ago

Thank you!

4 years ago

Happy cakeday!!

4 years ago

Thank you!

4 years ago

happyssimo cakeday, rafael!

(honestly, came here to say that i have latest 8.3.16 running -it shows in Chrome task manager- but that's all: no sign on steamgifts.com pages that i'm actually running ESGST... but again, happy factory day. ...yours, is a massive one!)

edit: it seems to be back!

4 years ago*

Thank you!

Glad it's working again.

4 years ago

On the giveaways entered page it no longer shows type, level, link to the store page or creator of the GA. Is this a known issue or is there something wrong on my end?

Edit: the pages for 'GA created' and 'GA won' display correctly btw

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

Thanks for your answer. The problem you speak of is not what I meant though.
There is almost no information left on my GA entered page.

View attached image.
4 years ago

It's a bug introduced by v8.3.16, it will be fixed in the next version, which I'll try to release soon.

4 years ago

Ok, thanks for your answer.

Edit: It's working again with 8.3.17. Thanks!

4 years ago*

has anyone else had trouble with the auto bumper? i got this extension today, enabled 'trade bumper' and 'auto bump every hour,' and saved settings. it immediately bumped my trades but hasn't worked since. that was four hours ago.

edit: seems to bump whenever i visit steamtrades.com now. but does it not bump every hour as long as my web browser is running? i actually have to visit the website for that to happen?

4 years ago*

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I'll see if I can have a look into it this weekend.

4 years ago

i can confirm it works perfectly if and only if visiting steamtrades. it won't bump unless on the website.

4 years ago

That's expected. If you don't have the website open, then the extension doesn't run. You need to have at least one SteamTrades tab open in the background, you don't need to actually be in the tab.

4 years ago

i have an r.pi3 running o.s.m.c. do you know a way to set it up to do this in the background without too much overhead?

4 years ago

I don't think there's a way for you to do this without overhead at the moment, because you need at least one SteamTrades tab open, unless you have very few features enabled for SteamTrades, in which case the extension will consume less resources.

4 years ago

Hi, I don't know if I am doing something wrong or is a bug, but when I hide a game (put it in the giveaway filter) from a new bundle for example it does not hide it if there are no giveaway of said game.
Help! this was the second best feature I use after the grid :D

example bellow, i've selected the game, chose to hide them, says save, i refresh the page and there are not hidden :(

View attached image.
View attached image.
4 years ago

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I'll see if I can have a look into it this weekend.

4 years ago

Did this ever work? Because it's not supposed to. :P ESGST doesn't have that functionality, but I can add it: https://github.com/rafaelgssa/esgst/issues/1446

4 years ago

Hi, it was working for sure.
We have discussed it here https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/TDyzv/add-on-enhanced-steamgifts-steamtrades-esgst-v850/search?page=71#S6fTTBU

And now is working again, thank you!

Edit: not for all :(

View attached image.
4 years ago*

I like the "show description", button, but I don't know why, in the giveaways of the main page, it's always to the extreme left, and I would like to move itto the extreme right, after "number of entries" and "number of comments"

I have tried to fix it in 11., Element Ordering, without success.

Any way I could move it. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

4 years ago

Try moving it to "Giveaway Links".

4 years ago

Thanks for the answer, but, in "Giveaways Links" I have:
Entries Comments Winners Count

I don't have anything about Show/Hide description

4 years ago

I guess you talk about giveaway popup. In element ordering this is under Giveaway Panel. Just drag&drop this to Giveaways Links.

4 years ago

Damn, every time it auto updates, I lose all my settings, bookmarks etc. I need to import them manually (when I have a recent export since the auto backup never worked for me) which is fine but today? I've spent the last 10 minutes importing and losing all my data every time I open a new steamgift tab. Any idea?

4 years ago

What's the size of your data? It's very odd that you lose your data just by opening a tab.

4 years ago

My latest backup is 3,739 Kb
It looks like the import is holding for now. I still lose all my data with every update but it's ok, I usually back it up every day after I check the site.
And by the way, just so I'm not here to bitch about something, and because it bears repeating:
many many thanks for improving the functionalities of the site drastically.

4 years ago

I have a problem with syncing the data. It loads the data for non CV forever and never finished. I've had that issue for days now.

4 years ago

Can you see if this is fixed in the latest version?

4 years ago

I just noticed an orangeish dot on the upper left of the giveaway button on top of the page; what does that pertain to?

4 years ago

Can you take a screenshot?

4 years ago

It's vanished but if it shows up again, I'll go do just that.

4 years ago

hey there, i have a bug to report
Bookmarked giveaway and Givaway extractor seem to freeze once i open them.
i made sure i got some Bookmarks and it even lights red, but nothing shows when i click it, the same with extractor

Current Version: 8.3.17
ChromeVersion 75.0.3770.142
Win 7

4 years ago

Can you check the console log for errors (Ctrl + Shift + J)?

4 years ago

sry to bother you, but i have since made a fresh install of the extension and its working fine now
have a nice day ^_^

4 years ago

hey, The rafael!

it looks like Giveaway Templates has a bug.

if a save a new and/or i use an old template, it keeps/remembers everything (Groups, Description) but the starting and ending dates

thanks. as always.

View attached image.
4 years ago*

Rafa, how can I get chrome notifications from wishlisted giveaways?
there were notifications about unentered wishlisted giveaways a time ago, but, somehow, they don't appear anymore. I didn't change any option to change that... also, I checked again: notifications on chrome is currently allowed and 17.1.1. is enabled.

4 years ago

Are you using "Only indicate for giveaways ending in a specified number of hours."?

4 years ago

yeah, set as 24h and running everywhere...

4 years ago

It appears to be working fine for me. Maybe try deleting the cache from your local storage:

delete localStorage.esgst_hrWishlistCache
4 years ago

is that a command? how do I run that?

4 years ago

On the console log (Ctrl + Shift + J).

4 years ago

that's probably the solution. it seems to be working fine again! thanks!

4 years ago

Did anyone ever see the filter system get fixed? It's been leaving all my filtered games on the main giveaways page for ages.

http://prntscr.com/okgfa6 Screenshot

4 years ago

It appears to be working fine for me, does it also happen without Grid View? What are the settings of your filter?

4 years ago

Recently, it has not been automatically adding the ![]() around a .jpg url. It used to. I don't know what, if anything, changed. 😧

As always, thank you so much for all you do on this and for this site!

4 years ago

This was fixed, right?

4 years ago

It's not a huge deal, just a convenience.
Will check...

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/ERX896/puppy-and-frog-ERX896.jpg

Nope, had to add the things by hand:

View attached image.
4 years ago*

Weird, I cannot reproduce this. Are you sure the automatic pasting is on?

4 years ago

I am not sure where the automatic pasting option is, but I have 5.3.1--18 turned on.

4 years ago

There should be a button with a paste icon saying "OFF" or "ON" in the formatting bar.

4 years ago

it works! thanks!
ESGST as a whole (Firefox 69) is taking a while to load in on some pages and doesn't load at all on the comments page (the background theme stays dark, but little else works

The whole header thing is messed up, including on this page, and the hotlink button (ESGST master button) to this thread is gone.

View attached image.
4 years ago*

Patreon links seem to be broken!

4 years ago

Will fix in the next version, I changed my username to rafaelgssa: https://www.patreon.com/rafaelgssa

4 years ago

:)

4 years ago

Thank you. :)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

4 years ago

You can go to the delete menu and select only Discussions > Discussion Filters.

Will see if I can add such option.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

4 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

It used to work for Opera but not anymore :-(

4 years ago

Works for me, have you tried this?

4 years ago

No, but I will. Thank you!

4 years ago

Thank you. It worked. Previously I used Tempermonkey + script.

4 years ago

Hi, how can I load my settings from other computer? I look for it, but I can't find.

4 years ago

Use https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=backup on your other computer to backup your data.

Then https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=restore on your current computer to restore it.

These pages are accessible from the heading in the settings menu.

4 years ago

Thank you for help.

4 years ago

Hi, thanks for your awesome work. Gotta question tho :D
When sorting GAs, what is the difference between chance and projected chance ?

4 years ago

Chance is the current chance, projected chance is what the chance is predicted to be when the giveaway ends (based on the current number of entries and the current length of the giveaway).

4 years ago

Thanks for making it clear for me. Also congrats for all achievements in Human Revolution :D

4 years ago

Thank you, I love that game. xD

4 years ago

Hi, first off, great job!
My question is: When opening a thread on steamtrades earlier all listed games were scanned and data was shown next to them (how many times bundled, already owned/wishlisted, removed etc.). Is this feature also part of the extension and I just don't see it?

The Have/Want List Checker is nice and all, but personally I'd like to see e. g. in my want section if a wishlisted game got bundled.

Thanks in advance!

4 years ago

The feature should show icons for owned / wishlisted games, but not information about bundled or removed. Did you remove any other extension that could be doing that? Could it be this: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/y9vVm/userscript-steam-web-integration-previously-steam-store-game-owned-checker

4 years ago

Oh yeah, you're right. Must have removed it at some point for a reason - thanks!

4 years ago

how do I access bookmarked giveaways?
cause I can't see any new button in the header..

4 years ago

The button is there for me but there's a bug report in the tracker #1431 so you're not the only one missing the button.

View attached image.
4 years ago

so it's already in the to-do list, good to know
ok, thx ;)

4 years ago

button magically appeared now :D

4 years ago

Were your bookmarked giveaways not started yet? If so, it's related to the issue that at46 linked, and will be fixed in the next version.

4 years ago

yes, they weren't started yet

4 years ago

I believe there's a problem with the Time To Enter Calculator:
I have 13 points, and it says I need to wait 25 minutes to enter a 19p GA. Shouldn't be 10 minutes?

4 years ago

You're right, the formula was wrong, will be fixed in the next version: https://github.com/rafaelgssa/esgst/issues/1444

4 years ago

Hey I've got a quick question: does the level visualizer in the header take into account the number of entries the giveaways have? I'm just curious because it's predicting a pretty big boost for me even though the giveaway that would give me the most CV has less than five entries, rendering it useless as far as CV goes

Edit: hmm it seems it's actually because it's treating three of my giveaways as full cv when they've been bundled. I've tried syncing the bundle list but it's not changing

4 years ago*

It's probably because there was a change in the server domain. Please try syncing again in the latest version.

4 years ago

Yeah looks like it's fixed :)

4 years ago

Hmm sorry to bother you with this again but it turns out, it works fine on my laptop but on my PC it still counts a bunch of bundled games as full CV. I guess that probably means it's on my end but do you know if there's any way to fix it?

4 years ago

Syncing should fix it. Do you have the correct permissions to sync?

4 years ago

I'm dummy...
I was missing the one for your domain. That fixed it^^

4 years ago

Bump

4 years ago

Are the features that rely on the server working well for you guys? My current domain (https://gsrafael01.me) is expiring and I decided to buy a new one to match my new username (https://rafaelgssa.com). I'll see if I can push an update today or tomorrow with the domain updated.

4 years ago

Does reduced cv info completely rely on the server? I've noticed some games which are now marked full cv although they are on the bundled list and were correctly marked reduced cv in the past like anomaly korea or beat the game.

4 years ago

It was supposed to fall back to the Google sheet, but maybe that's not working as intended.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.