Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Doesn't seem to work for me.
Tampermonkey v4.2.7
Chrome Version 55.0.2883.87 m

I tried to restart Chrome, disable/enable userscript. Tampermonkey icon shows a red number on its corner though..

7 years ago

Are there any errors in your console?

7 years ago

ERROR: Execution of script 'rhSGST' failed! Cannot read property 'Members' of undefined
(anonymous) @ VM2721:5
(anonymous) @ VM2721:6
(anonymous) @ VM2721:1761
(anonymous) @ VM2659:2
E_c @ VM2659:3
E @ VM2714:57
create @ VM2714:65
z @ VM2714:14
runListeners @ VM2714:14
run @ VM2714:15
(anonymous) @ VM2714:66
TM_back @ VM2714:67
(anonymous) @ VM2714:67
(anonymous) @ VM2659:2
exec_fn @ VM2659:1
(anonymous) @ VM2659:10
aa @ VM2659:9
e @ content.js:6
send @ content.js:8
next @ content.js:13
(anonymous) @ content.js:26
(anonymous) @ content.js:24
sendResponseAndClearCallback @ VM2656 extensions::messaging:347
messageListener @ VM2656 extensions::messaging:379
target.(anonymous function) @ extensions::SafeBuiltins:19
EventImpl.dispatchToListener @ VM2649 extensions::eventbindings:388
publicClassPrototype.(anonymous function) @ VM2655 extensions::utils:149
EventImpl.dispatch
@ VM2649 extensions::event_bindings:372
EventImpl.dispatch @ VM2649 extensions::event_bindings:394
publicClassPrototype.(anonymous function) @ VM2655 extensions::utils:149
dispatchOnMessage @ VM2656 extensions::messaging:320
VM2721:5 TypeError: Cannot read property 'Members' of undefined
at Window.tms_b1bb311c_f0ce_4e47_a7b0_e867c0a0f312 (eval at E_c (:3:114), <anonymous>:206:35)
at <anonymous>:2:297
at eval (eval at E_c (:3:114), <anonymous>:4:1)
at eval (eval at E_c (:3:114), <anonymous>:6:3)
at Object.eval (eval at E_c (:3:114), <anonymous>:1761:6)
at <anonymous>:2:297
at Object.E_c (<anonymous>:3:112)
at E (eval at exec_fn (:1:108), <anonymous>:57:175)
at Object.create (eval at exec_fn (:1:108), <anonymous>:65:282)
at z (eval at exec_fn (:1:108), <anonymous>:14:88)

7 years ago

Fixed

7 years ago

sorry, edited to include full error msg

7 years ago

• v2.5.3 Fixed a bug for users that are installing the script for the first time.
7 years ago

Wow, that was quick :D
Thank you!

7 years ago

Hi, i try this script but no work. I use on Mozilla. I have never used scripts, maybe something wrong. i install tampermonkey , dowonload + add your script. i do not have to do anything else? thanks

edit; nvm its work now! thank you .)

7 years ago

Ok glad to know it worked.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

Should be fixed now.

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

7 years ago

I don't get this. I'm using both rhsgst and "SteamGifts Blacklist/Whitelist Indicator", rhsgst placing a heart before the name, the other script behind it. Yesterday it worked properly and I could turn off rhsgst's Whitelist / Blacklist Highlighter ( I prefer my older script's heart) , but today no matter if I turn off or on it in rhsgst options, the hearts/block icons show up before affected users' names. Any idea why is that happening?

7 years ago

Can you add this code add the end of the script and see if it outputs false in the console?

console.log(rhSGST.WBH);
7 years ago

To be honest I have no idea where should I do this.

7 years ago

Click on the Tampermonkey icon, go to Dashboard, then find rhSGST, click on it and add the code at the end of the script. To open your console, press Ctrl + Shift + J.

7 years ago

Yes, after doing that the last line in the console is false

7 years ago

Then it's disabled. It shouldn't be showing. Are you using the latest version of the script?

7 years ago

According to tampermonkey there are no updates available, and I have the 2.5.4. version the script's page shows, and it's still there, yes :\

7 years ago

That's simply not possible if the output of rhSGST.WBH was false. Can you find this line in the code?

if (Saved && rhSGST.WBH) {
    addWBHIcon(Users[User], Saved);
}

Edit: Ah looks like there's the issue. The official release has only Saved. I fixed it in my version but didn't push it to the public. I'll fix it in the next version.

7 years ago

No, it's not in the code. addWBHIcon appears only two times:
function addWBHIcon(Matches, User) { var I, Icon, Container, Context; at line 1291
and if (Saved) { addWBHIcon(Users[User], Saved) at line 196

7 years ago

Yeah, that's the issue. I'll be fixing it in the next version, but you can change (Saved) to (Saved && rhSGST.WBH) in line 196 until then.

7 years ago

Thanks, it's great that finally it wasn't my bug-generating superpowers :D

7 years ago

• v2.5.4 Fixed a bug in the Endless Scroll Support feature.
7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

7 years ago

Are you using the latest version?

7 years ago

Hello there, I have a few suggestions:

• Could the script remember the state of the checkboxes "Also check whitelist." and "Check all pages" in WL/BL checker? I mean save i to cookies or something like that.
  • The WL/BL always checks for blacklists and you can also allow WL detection, but what if I want to check only whitelists? I don't care about blacklists and even don't want to see it. Could you please also add an opinion to check only whitelists?
  • After WL/BL checker is finished, there is a pop up and there are two buttons. One if them is called Manage. I think it is quite confusing, one would expect that it is a button for managing the results, for example, that you get to a page where you can easily counter WL or BL the users. But it is not like that and the button just lead to script settings. I recommend to rename the button to simple "Settings".
  • I would like to see an icon of people who whitelisted me or blacklisted me beside their name. With a possibility to choose if I want to see people who whitelisted me or blacklisted me, both or neither.
7 years ago*

• It's been suggested to remember the state of the checkboxes, I'll add it in the next version.
  • Checking for whitelist only is redundant, since the same whitelist giveaway that's used for whitelist check is also used for blacklist check. If you want this option just because you don't want to see it, I'll think about it, but it would be adding way too many checkboxes to the panel.
  • Noted. Actually adding an option to whitelist / blacklist the results sounds like a great idea. I'll see if I can implement it.
7 years ago

If you want this option just because you don't want to see it

Yes, I want it jonlyst because I don't want to see it. I don't want to spoil my mood with the information. I even hid the graph and the number of BLs in the statistic of SG.

7 years ago

I guess I could add it to the settings menu then, since it wouldn't be something that you would be changing all the time, and then I could remove the "Also check whitelist." checkbox if that option is enabled. I'll see if I can push it to the next version.

7 years ago

Yes, it sounds good, thanks.

7 years ago

Added this option.

7 years ago

Thanks a lot. I have just a problem that I cannot see the checker at all. Nowhere.

7 years ago

Are you in someone's profile? The checker was removed from all lists in v2.5.5 and now only shows up in the profile pages because cg mentioned it was stressing the servers. I'm working on reducing that load before making it available again.

7 years ago

No, I tried it on GA lists, inside GAs and on posts. I didn't know you had to removed it. It is sad. :/
So you should also remove the line "Show the checker in giveaways and discussions." in the settings.

It works well in profiles.

7 years ago

Done. I'll try to bring it back later today if I can implement the solution I thought of.

7 years ago

It would be nice if you succeed. Good luck. BTW if you wanted to test anything, just say.

7 years ago

Well, I just put something together, so if you would like to test it, that would be great.

7 years ago

my test worked, scanned on known black-lister and it comes back with "There is not enough information to know if you are whitelisted or blacklisted." when that option is un-ticked in settings.

7 years ago

I was actually referring to the list checker. I just re-coded it limiting all requests to one request per second and storing each user's state for future checks. Maybe I'll just release it to the public and fix any bugs as they come, like I always do. xD

7 years ago

ahh, very nice. ^^

7 years ago

Well, it's extremely slow, but it looks like it's getting the job done. ^^

7 years ago

Sure thing if you write me what you added. Do you mean the Not Received Finder? I am not sure where to find it.

7 years ago

I was actually referring to the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker, I'm bringing it back in a few minutes.

7 years ago

I tried it on a few profiles and it seems to be work very well.

I would like to have it on group/whitelist giveaways page, though. You could set a limit for max checked users or check one user per x seconds, or something like that, if the problem is too many request to server. Also you could cache the results so that if people would check it again in a short time, it would not check the users who was checked recently.

7 years ago

i don't think he's actually released the update yet. long few minutes. ^^
from what i understand the group checking will be back once he releases that update though with a limit of 1 page check per second.

7 years ago

My few minutes turned into a bug, so I'm fixing it. :P

7 years ago

Thanks for the info. :)

7 years ago

• I think it would be too confusing with the Whitelist / Blacklist Highlighter icons.
7 years ago

You would have to use some other icons for it. Icons that are different. It's not so good but better than nothing. ;)

7 years ago

I'll think of something.

7 years ago

Would this be too confusing? The blue heart / red ban would represent if you have them whitelisted / blacklisted and the black heart / ban would represent if they have you whitelisted / blacklisted.

I'm out of ideas. Don't know what other icon I could use other than the heart and the ban. :P

View attached image.
7 years ago

Or maybe this?

View attached image.
7 years ago

Ended up adding this.

7 years ago

I think this is OK. I like it! Thanks for your concern. :)

7 years ago

You're welcome. It's been added. :)

7 years ago

Thanks again, it works very well. I just tried it. :)

7 years ago

Looks neat.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

What type of giveaways are available in the first page of that user? The failed reply seems to be happening with someone else as well, I'll have to check what's causing it.

7 years ago

Are you still getting failed with the latest update?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

We could run a series of tests to find the issue if you're ok with that.

7 years ago

Hey, I released a series of updates recently. Is it still giving a false positive?

7 years ago

I use Firefox, what's better: Greasemonkey or Tampermonkey?

7 years ago

I don't have a lot of experience with Firefox, so I don't know, but I think Greasemonkey might be a better choice, since Tampermonkey for Firefox is quite new and might contain bugs.

7 years ago

bump, because the GA told me so

7 years ago

best reason eva ^^

7 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

7 years ago

What if you reload the user's profile after saving the notes? Are they gone as well?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Is this still happening in v2.6?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

You're welcome! Did the notes that disappeared return?

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Yeah, sorry about that, don't know what caused the bug this time. :/ Make sure you export your notes.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I'm sure more people did that as well, or even worse: in the users page. I might have an idea of how to prevent that stress from happening.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Please be considerate of our servers. Viewing our logs today, there were quite a few users, each loading 700+ pages a minute due to this add-on.

7 years ago

Sorry, should I limit how many requests a person can make? And if so, by how much?

7 years ago

The script is now making from 2 to 3 requests at most per second from each user. I hope that's okay.

7 years ago

• v2.5.5 Disabled list checks in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature until I come up with a better solution, because it's stressing the servers, and added an option not to show if an user has blacklisted you. Disabled Better Replies for now. Fixed a bug that showed whitelist / blacklist icons even when the Whitelist / Blacklist Highlighter feature was disabled.
7 years ago

• v2.6 Revamped Better Comment Chains feature and added endless scroll support for it.
7 years ago

where did the "@revilheart" part go though? now i still can't really tell in long chains with large gaps.

also i'm a little confused as to what "Discussion Edits Detector feature" even is.

7 years ago

Next to "Permalink".

Basically there's a bug on SteamGifts that if you post a comment and the OP edited the thread after you opened it, it doesn't save. Discussion Edits Detector fixes that.

7 years ago

ahh okay, thanks. i see it's a link now, that's awesome especially for those large gap replies. ^^

and awesome on that detector then xD thanks for another great feature.

7 years ago

It's always been a link. :P

7 years ago

lol, shows how much i pay attention. ^^

7 years ago

This fix would have saved me some work this week. I learned about it the hard way...

7 years ago

• v2.7 Added Permanent User Tags feature.
7 years ago

• v2.7.1 Fixed a bug in the importing of user tags.
7 years ago

• v2.7.2 Removed the single checker checkbox in the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature, since unchecking it allowed users to continue to check lists.
7 years ago

• v2.8 Added Discussion Edits Detector feature and removed the features that were disabled (Whitelist / Blacklist Checker for lists and Better Replies) from the settings menu.
7 years ago*

• v2.8.1 Fixed a bug that didn't redirect the page to the new comment in some instances of the Discussion Edits Detector feature.
7 years ago

• v2.9 Added Not Received Finder feature.
7 years ago

isn't this gonna end up being just as bad as the blacklist/whitelist scanner on page requests?

edit: also it's telling me it found "0 not received" when i do have one in a private group.

7 years ago

Well, it currently acts similar to the checker: you can't check lists of users. But I guess if someone opens a lot of tabs... I have an idea to add an hourly request limit for both features, but I'm kind of waiting to see if cg will reply.

7 years ago

yeah single user isn't too bad. but for some users it would be a ton of page requests fast (for instance i have 73 sent pages and only 2500 sent GAs, & i've seen some with 10k GAs (mostly individually setup / not multiple copies).

reply to below== yes, it says:
"1 giveaways were not found because the finder does not search in giveaways with multiple copies, but they should be below:"
then lists like 70+ multiple copy (4+) giveaways.

i see why that is then, it only scans the 3 visible winners instead of going to the winners pages.. =)

7 years ago

I still don't think that's too bad. Your search lasted what, a bit more than a minute? cg said some users were requesting 700+ pages per minute with the checker, so 73 really doesn't sound like a bad number. But then again, I don't know how much the server can handle.

Yes, requesting each giveaway with multiple copies and then each page of winners of those giveaways is really something I don't want to implement right now. Maybe in the future when this server load thing has been taken care of.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

I think my problem with the checker is that there was an update where I started sending multiple requests simultaneously instead of waiting for one to complete before continuing to the next one, since the former was a lot faster. Maybe if I reverse it back to dealing with one request at a time, I can add the feature back without even limiting the requests at all then.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Yeah, my bad.

I can't switch to server code because I don't have a host and I can't afford one at the moment, nor would the free hosting services available be able to handle the requests. But I think just reverting back to dealing with one request at a time is already better. And I do have an idea on how to reduce the requests a bit more (at least to users that were already checked once) by saving their giveaway so the script doesn't have to go through their profile again to get it.

Reverting it back to dealing with one request at a time, I just performed a check on 76 users and it made 551 requests over the course of 8 minutes. That's on average 69 requests per minute and 1 per second, so I should be good, right?

7 years ago

well requests per second can vary depending on users internet, so you may still want to add a limiter in there for those with fiber and ~3-8ms ping replies. those are the users that with multiple tabs could still pull several hundred requests a minute all on their own in theory.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

from what i can tell i get around 2requests per second average, and revil only gets 1request per second with the current "find the not received" part of the script. and my internet isn't the best really (62ms to sgtools / 50ms to google). those figures are fairly harmless on the server impact, but if there isn't something keeping it down to 3-4 requests a second max then it could start causing stress on the servers again whenever the whitelist scanner/finder returns.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago*

Looking forward to that feature, and I'm glad to hear you managed to keep it live. :) I've been avoiding using the API because I think I remember you mentioned something somewhere about limiting our requests.

As to my problem, I came up with a solution: I will limit each user to one request per second, save giveaways of users that were already checked for future checks and cache the results of checked users for 48 hours. Not sure if the best one, but at least it shouldn't stress the servers that much. I thought about maybe using Google Sheets as a database like with my Username History feature, but I don't know if it could handle that. Although it has a limit of 400.000 cells, which to me seems more than enough. I don't know about its request limitations though.

That's pretty awesome. xD

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

In that case I might look into grabbing usernames and SteamID64s from it, since the script uses those a lot.

Yeah, I ended up dropping the Google Sheets thing. It would also be extremely slow to make requests to the sheet. It might be a waste to have multiple users requesting the same user, but nothing I can do about it. At least the requests are limited now. :)

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Noted :)

Well, all the Whitelist / Blacklist Checker feature would need is the link to a giveaway (if single check) or whitelist giveaway (if full check) or all whitelist / group giveaways (if full check and no whitelist giveaway) from an user. So I would only need the list of giveaways an user has made and then I would do the individual requests to determine if the user requesting it is whitelisted / blacklisted on my side.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

If you could return the type of the giveaway I don't think there would be need for filters.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

oh yeah, i don't think it is that bad really either, and it was closer to just ~25 seconds really.

i agree, going to scan winner pages then would be 2+ more page requests and on very large (2k, 10k, etc) multi-copy gas it would cause it to be hundreds of page requests per minute again.

7 years ago

As to your "0 not received", it doesn't show something like "x giveaways were not found because the finder does not search in giveaways with multiple copies, but they should be below" and then a list of giveaways with multiple copies?

7 years ago

Not a really good feature. Some people will be mark with your "Not Received Finder" because they wait for support to reroll or delete GA ...

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

Do you see a good use of this feature?
I maybe don't have the right point of view, but I don't find it.

Edit: I just read the point of view of d3m4n which is not a "bad" use.

7 years ago

Deleted

7 years ago

true, i'm one of them. but it's unimportant really. i've yet to be blacklisted since the features release, and i doubt i will ever be over that specifically. my not received mark is due to be removed anytime now (4month old ticket in que for admin), but i just think of it more as a ratio checker. if you see someone that has given 34 keys, but has 6 not received marks, you may want to avoid joining their giveaway versus someone elses. whereas when you see mine having 1 not received to 2500+ sent you can be fairly certain the key/gift will be valid or replaced if it isn't.

7 years ago

Thx i don't think of that use (not usefull for me but for anyone else certainly)

7 years ago

yeah, i disable it myself, the ratio alone is all i care about to form an opinion. but if someone wanted to try and go back thru public not received marks it just makes it easier then going thru pages of giveaways. ^^

7 years ago

• v2.9.1 Fixed a bug that occurred if clicking the button after running the finder and another bug that occurred if running the finder on any page other than the first one in the Not Received Finder feature.
7 years ago

Bump for cool new features!

7 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.