Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I've been having a problem with GA extractor. If I go on a page that lists multiple GAs on the same page, GA extractor seems to just hang. It might list one GA but then hangs while trying to load the remaining GAs.

For instance on this pae: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/fXPQ2/environmental-awareness-giveaways-inside

It loads "The Surge" GA and then just keep spinning indefinitely.

Anyone else have this problem?

4 years ago

4 years ago

Yeah, probably, someone even references the same thread I was having the problem on.

Do you need any further info, or are do you already know what is causing the problem?

4 years ago

Is the add-on ok? It suddenly stopped working on Firefox 70.0.1 on 2 computers.

4 years ago

Same here on chrome

4 years ago

Same

4 years ago

dead here

4 years ago

Could be related to the change in the discussions, as pointed by Tristar below. I'll try to fix this as soon as possible.

4 years ago

same for the latest chrome on mac

4 years ago

cg modified a critical header button, change

document.querySelector('.nav__button--is-dropdown[href="/discussions"]')

to

document.querySelector('.nav__button--is-dropdown[href="/discussions/subscribed"]')

in esgst.js to make the extension work again until official fix is out (only works on self-downloaded github unpacked version)

4 years ago

Do you know what feature is affected by this bug? The extension is still working fine for me, so I probably have that feature disabled.

4 years ago

The whole thing fails to load so I suspected it to be the main button.

There is (again) no unminified usable dev version available, so I can't debug it.

4 years ago

Are you on the latest version? The code you posted above is no longer in the extension since v8.5.8.

4 years ago

I'm on v8.4.0 and v8.5.5
Latest version has an exception in the redesigned WL cache checker which makes it fail to run a check there, so I reverted back

4 years ago

I have auto-updates turned on but I'm still on 8.3.17 for some reason. I can manually check for updates from winthin Tampermonkey and it says there are no updates.

I edited that one section that Tristar posted and now the script works again for me.

EDIT: The update URL in my installation (https://github.com/revilheart/ESGST/raw/master/ESGST.user.js) gives a 404.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Updating fixed it for me, thank you. :)

4 years ago

The extension is working for me, but I'm getting this error :

TypeError: e.replace is not a function (3) esgst.js:25:144313

Though I have not seen anything not working correctly other than the giveaway extractor, issue #1495

4 years ago

This worked perfectly

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

The visual changes still work (dark theme and such) but I can't see any of the buttons the script is supposed to produce, such as one click entry or checkers.

4 years ago

Thank you! now it works again <3

4 years ago

Thanks, helped me get it working again.

My ESGST version at that point: 8.3.17, idk why i'm not on the latest build, tho.

Edit: I manually updated now and all is fine there without further editing (8.5.9).

4 years ago*

I assume esgst.js is supposed to be a file on my pc that I should modify, but I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: never mind, I updated to latest version and it works again.

4 years ago*

For those who are not on the latest version in the userscript, see if the update URL on Tampermonkey / Greasemonkey is https://github.com/rafaelgssa/esgst/releases/latest/download/userscript.user.js. If not, change it to that.

4 years ago

After reinstalling windows ESGST stopped working on firefox. It was installed through addons. I also noticed that I had the script for greasemonkey enabled as well, so I imported that one over as well. Doesn't work either way.

4 years ago

I'm working on it.

4 years ago

Here we go again. If you don't find the extension on the Chrome store, it's because Google has removed it. Their reason is that I "violate the usage of permissions", even though I only require the basic permissions by default and every other permission as optional. I'm waiting for a response from them to see if I can put it back.

4 years ago

Hello rafaelgssa.
If i have 1000+ points and enter GA via quick enter button, then other GAs on this page are marked as red (not enough points)
Refresh page - all GAs are green. Enter one GA - other GAs is red again.
If i have less then 1000 points - all works OK.

Firefox 70.0.1, ESGST addon 8.5.9

4 years ago

ESGST 8.5.9 in Firefox 70.0.1 - As of this morning, the gift extracter window is not overlaying labels on the giveaways. It's color-coding their backgrounds according to types, and it's showing how many times I've entered each giveaway before (number and star), but it's not applying the labels for category, rating, trading cards, etc

Here's one example: https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/M9sC5/cakeday-train

4 years ago

Check your settings, some users are reporting that some features enabled themselves with the recent update. The color background is probably from Custom Giveaway Background. Number and star from Entered Game Highlighter.

And what do you mean by "overlaying labels"? I'm not sure I understand what feature that is.

4 years ago

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear - I know what the color coding is. That's expected behavior, telling me that ESGST is successfully modifying the display of the extractor output. However, it's missing the category label overlays.

Here's an image, with description describing each clip. The top image is from the main SG homoepage, showing that the category labels are appearing there. The middle one is from the Giveaway extractor, showing that they are not appearing there. The bottom one is the giveaway page for the circled game from the extractor, showing the the labels are appearing there.

The category label overlays were working in the extracted giveaway lists prior to yesterday

4 years ago

You might have https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gc_t disabled and it's affecting the extractor. It's a bug, but you might want to enable that option or open the extractor in a new tab until fixed.

4 years ago

That did it! Thank you! That feature was off, and it was labeled as New, so I hadn't looked at it before. Now the category badges are appearing as I expected them to.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

Not possible.

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

4 years ago

It's a change that was implemented a while ago, so I'm not sure why it only started happening to you in the last update. Perhaps you were using an old version.

It won't be possible.

4 years ago

Tried restoring ESGST settings from backup (after reinstalling windows), and it only shows 4 entries on google drive - all from the same day half a year ago and nothing else (comment history also lost since that date), and lots of other settings seem to have defaulted, because I'm seeing vanilla strangeness.
Is there any way to somehow get the settings from my old hard drive (from browser's folder maybe)? I removed windows installation on it, but kept the rest of data.
Also - Enter button for giveaways on main page had disappeared, despite being checked as active in the settings.

4 years ago*

Well, if you removed Windows from it, the browser folder also went with it, didn't it? Try googling where Chrome stores extension data, I think it's in AppData/Google/Chrome or something like that.

4 years ago

Didn't actually format the disk - just the system partition (100mb) that windows needs. I'm on Firefox, searched all of the profile folder for anything to do with ESGST, but there was nothing. I guess there is nothing I can do now about that.

But what about Enter button? Tried turning on the script version - it works there, but I would rather use the extension for auto-updates.

4 years ago

Nevermind. Disabled the extension and activated the script version, everything works.

4 years ago

Probably some settings got enabled automatically for you in the extension then, as others are reporting here.

4 years ago

Did something change recently that you can no longer enter a giveaway with one click? Because a few days ago mine started requiring that i click where the entry button was before and then again in the middle of the popup to enter. Is this a known change that was made for some reason or is something malfunctioning for me?

4 years ago

Could be a bug, other people are reporting problems with the Enter button. I'll look into it when I have some time, I'm a bit busy right now.

4 years ago

Well at least now i know it isn't intended. TY

4 years ago

Found it somehow the option for only enable for popups got turned on. Turned it off button has returned.

4 years ago

Hi,
[Solved] The "Accurate Timestamp" doesn't function right in the "Browse (All, Wishlist, Recommended, Group, new)" section. But it's no problem on other pages. Is it only me?

[EDIT]: My bad, I just saw the new option for "Enable for giveaways in the main page." 🀣

4 years ago*

Hey guys i need help!
I have enabled multiple options but they do NOT show up, such as "11. enter button" - nothing (yes ofc I saved)
also "last page" - Nothing....

4 years ago

You should give some more information like ESGST version, addon or script and which browser. Also you can look if there are any errors from ESGST in the browser console (ctrl+shift+j).

4 years ago

Hi,
ive noticed that recently "game cathegories" dont work on the Giveaways won page.
it works everywhere else and i know it worked before.
i use Version 8.5.10 on firefox

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

After the update the "endless scrolling" feature stopped working

4 years ago

I need to clean my Google Drive backup data once in a while and keep the most recent files. How can I do that?
If I do it from the restore function of ESGST, select files and click on "Delete selected files", I get "An error occurred when deleting the n files. Unknown Error".
If I do it from there but one file at time it works but it takes ages if I backup daily.
If I do it from Google Drive, I can't see the files. They get saved as "Hidden app data" which cannot be edited. All I can do from Drive settings is to disconnect it from Drive or delete it completely. Why don't they get saved as normal visible files on Google Drive as it happens with other apps?

4 years ago*

Rafaelgssa,

I love ESGST, and a feature idea occurred to me recently... Since the Steam API calls were serialized to avoid getting banned by the server, the list of giveaways takes a lot longer to populate things like category labels. For some reason, it's even slower on my tablet than my PC, and unsurprisingly, it's slower still on slow internet connections (e.g. hotel wi-fi).

Would it be possible to prioritize the load order for category labels, such that giveaways that have already been entered are loaded last? I use the categories as sort of filters to decide which giveaways are worth entering, so it'd be nice if I didn't have to wait 5 minutes for the ones I've already entered to load before being able to decide.

4 years ago

I dont think a regular sync solves the problem but try that first to sync delisted games.
If it doesnt help. Go here and use "Add all banned games (requires syncing delisted games in the settings menu)." From setting 2.31

I had a problem to get labels for delisted games. I dont know if its for everyone, but it started when they banned like 1K games and stopped after I hid them :)

4 years ago

You can use multiple filters with entered. Game categories for filtered giveaways aren't fetched so it should be faster.

4 years ago

Thanks! I hadn't played with this option before, and will give it a shot.

4 years ago

Hey ^^ First of all, thanks a lot to all the people working on it for this script, it's awesome and much appreciated ^^

I had to clean install my firefox so my extensions settings was deleted. I have a save of my old profiles, so i tried to backup data from it, and restore it to the new one.
But ^^
When i download the backup i get a .json files (which look ok, from where i am it look like an array with multiples items in it (package name, etc..). So all good. But, when i attempt to restore (after properly selected what should be restored), nothing happen (infinite loading on the "restoring button" which appear when i click "computer").

Plus, when i attempt to, most of the time a firefox download box spawn trying to download another .json (i trust it's current settings.)

Is there a workaround? e.g a console method to send the .json from the console prompt rather? (as the file "loading" doesn't seem to work, and it's raw text/script).

If you need more information/experiment, feel free to ask :)

(First profiles might be from a slightly outdated ESGST version, i didn't used this computer for a month)

4 years ago

Have you solved this? Because it's happening to me too on both Firefox and Chrome.
I don't mind losing a few bookmarks but I have notes and tags all over the place I'd rather not give up.

4 years ago

Nope, i didn't (even tried tbh, i had moved out early december, then christmas time.). Feel free to share if you find something, it will be appreciated :) I also got a lot of tags.

4 years ago

Sorry to be a bother but, is there a way to "unfix" the filters for giveaways? Something like options 10Γ·13? Thank you

4 years ago

Interesting little bug I found with the gifts event, if you have an unread notification and you open a gift box page in a new tab, the unread notification sound assigned (if any) will trigger. I was wondering who was spamming me messages for a sec, until I realize it was just because I was opening tabs of gift boxes. :P

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

4 years ago

What's with the blur effect of the GA creator's nickname?
Also noticed the same with all of the drop-down menu's.

View attached image.
4 years ago*

Are you sure this is not related to the theme that you are using?

3 years ago

Can't say, as I had to reinstall my pc due to hard drive failure, and now everything is fine with the add-on. And I still use the same theme that I did back then. Could have been something to do with using both script version and the extension at the same time (I know, it was stupid).

3 years ago

Hi! Trying to get games to show up for achievements, trading cards and rating but they just get stuck at queued for fetch forever. Any solution?

4 years ago

Is this still happening? The server went down, but it's back up now.

4 years ago

Yeah. Been like this for days

4 years ago

bookmarked giveaway stopped working
I have a huge list of booked giveaways, but it only the shows the first
I can see the raw list, but going through there is a bit troublesome

4 years ago

Sorry for the late reply, was this already fixed?

3 years ago

Yes, I can’t remember why but I can use that feature normally

3 years ago

since today it is broken again
but also the GA extractor doesn't work

Edit: it's working again I'm confused
but the extractor still doesn't show anything
Also all my filters are gone ;(

3 years ago*