Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

May I ask is there a way/option to change or choose an icon of "Game Category"?

3 years ago

If you have activated to use an icon instead of text you can change the icon under additional options. Here's a list of available icons.

Example: Enable Game Categories, DLC, Enable the simplified version. and Use icons instead of initials.. You can then change the icon for DLC under Additional Options of DLC from download to e.g. bath.

3 years ago*

Thank you!!!!! I did it!!! You're the MAN and MY SAVIOR!!! ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿค˜

3 years ago

Hi,
is there a way to customize the colors of the enter and leave buttons?
i recently started using a dark theme and i find it hard to differentiate between those buttons... especially inside the bookmarks as the fading doesnt work there.
Thank you.

3 years ago

depending on the dark theme you can customize it there, the themes by SquishedPotatoe have those options when installed on Stylus using the usercss from here, not sure about other themes.

3 years ago

sorry, but i dont understand even half of what you said.
i have no clue about any form of programming so it seems im just not knowledgable enough to understand.
btw... i use the dark grey theme available on ESGST.

also i hoped that there would be an option to do so in ESGST itself that i just failed to find... similar to the option to customize the button color of GAs with unknown ownership: Link

3 years ago

For the dark grey theme, go here and follow the instalation instructions on end of the page, use the usercss option, then disable it on ESGST, then when on any SG tab click on the Stylus addon icon on the toolbar, there will be a cog icon in front of the theme, click this icon, there will be options to change most of the color of the theme.

3 years ago

not sure if im up to installing something separate/additional. but ill keep it in mind
thank you.

i still hope that there is some feature like https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gc_e

3 years ago

then create an issue about that here to make it easier for revilheart to see and track it.

BUT it`s more of a dark theme issue than a ESGST one, so using the theme in the way that enables you to configure it would be the correct way in my opinion. Either way, revilheart may agree with you so do create the issue on GitHub.

3 years ago

thank you for your help :)

3 years ago

Since the issue moved to GitLab, I don't think you receive notifications: https://gitlab.com/rafaelgssa/esgst/-/issues/1597

3 years ago

thanks for the reply.
i asked the creator of the theme and he gave me some code for the CSS and it worked and looked good.

too bad its going to be gone though... i liked this all in one package we have here
I'll have to take a look at the themes own thread and figure out how to use it.. hopefully even a noob as myself can manage that xD

3 years ago

I think it's for the best. The only reason why I implemented themes in ESGST is because of the option to disable them in specific pages and run them in specific times of the day. Stylus already offers an option to disable them in specific pages, and running them in specific times of the day is also something that I think they're working on. So it doesn't make much sense for ESGST to handle that.

Let me know if you need any help. By the way, you'll still be able to download your custom theme in the next ESGST version (it won't be removed from the backup menu), so you won't lose your custom CSS.

3 years ago

thanks, i'll try it out when i have the time for it.
i'll report on the situation afterwards ๐Ÿ˜Š

3 years ago

Is it possible to somehow mark giveaways of owned games on group page and/or user page? Maybe with background color or something. Sorry for asking, but there are too many options and I failed to find something relevant.

3 years ago

hi,
there are categories you can enable: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gc

for "owned" you need to additionally enable https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gc_o you need to enable categories first to see this one

you have various options how it should look in the end, like if it shows an icon or its color.
i kept its color and used "Enable the simplified version." + "Use icons instead of initials."

there are also various other categories you can enable, each induvidually, like DLCs, packages, Hidden, wishlisted, etc.

this wont work immediatly, but you need to sync it first. (not SG but ESGST)

3 years ago*

but you need to sync it first.

No matter how hard I tried I wasn't able to make damn thing sync, it always stucks on "Retrieving giveaways (page 1)...". Oh well, probably no luck for me. Thanks for pointing me to the right setting anyway!

3 years ago

you might need to grant the right permissions for that to work. i had the same problem when i tried this for the first time.
in the ESGST account setting, at the top, there are Permissions. go to that link and enable the checkboxes that say are neccessary for that...
i believe you need this:

• ://.rafaelgssa.com/*
  • ://.api.steampowered.com/*
  • ://.store.steampowered.com/*

dont forget to save

also do you have automatic syncing enabled?
i sometimes have problems with manual syncing, but the automatic syncing usually works... though you would need to wait min. 24h.

3 years ago*

Will check with auto-sync, thank you for your help!

3 years ago

dont forget enabling the permissions first, without them it wont sync.
and try to manually sync again ... i just tried it out myself and it took a bit of time.

3 years ago

I'm using a userscript version, so I don't think permissions apply to me, it has all permissions included in the script itself.
Also, I managed to sync it. For some reason it can't sync Giveaways if Delisted Games is not synced. I synced Delisted Games, and after that I was able to sync Giveaways. Categories work, it looks not the way I expected, but hey, it solves my task, so I'll keep it. Thanks again for helping me!

3 years ago

nice that it worked out in the end
no problem :)

3 years ago

Is there a way to hide the "Pinned Giveaway" on the top and "Active Discussion" on the bottom on the main page?

3 years ago

yes, using the element filters, the code for the pinned giveaway is in the description of the feature on the options page, I don't know the code to hide the active discussion, will need to wait for revilheart or someone else who knows.

3 years ago

OH~ Thank you! I made it work successfully! The code(CSS class) for "the active discussion" is "[esgst.giveawaysPath].widget-container.widget-container--margin-top".

3 years ago

I've tried the ESGST userscript but unfortunately it doesn't work. If I filter the OS on Linux, it shows Windows games.

3 years ago

Have you enabled Game Categories, Linux, Giveaway Filters, Multiple Filters and linux? Does it show the linux game category? Do other filters work for you?

3 years ago

Yes, I have enabled Game Categories, Linux, Giveaway Filters, Multiple Filters and Linux. Yes, it shows the Linux game category. Other filters do not work for me.

I disabled the userscript and re-enabled it. When I re-enabled it, it worked. Now I see the problem was that none of the giveaway data was loading; the hourglasses never went away. Apparently all of the hourglasses have to go away for the filters to work.

3 years ago

Hi,
how I can do to work ST bumper. I switch it on but nothing happened. I suppose I need to choose what thread I want to bump somewhere or any other additional settings?

3 years ago

To bump all of your trades at once, go to your trades page and you should see a button to do it. If you want them to be bumped automatically, just enable the sub-option. You cannot select specific trades at the moment, it bumps all of your currently open trades.

3 years ago

Function "[SG] Custom Giveaway Background" makes it possible to change the background color for different types of gifts (Invite, Group, Whitelist)
Is it possible to change the background color for gifts of a certain level, for example, level 8?

3 years ago

Hey.
I have issue with "automatically backup". Its work start every time when i reloaded Steamgift. Doesn't matter what period picked in setting.

3 years ago

Could we get ESGST to show us SteamDB's calculated account value? I'd like to see that information right next to the ratio columns.
Bonus would be a calculation of the share won SG games represent of that account value and how many % they gifted in return.

3 years ago*

Will look into it.

3 years ago

I have one question, why this isn't working on new edge?

3 years ago

No idea, since the new Edge uses Chromium it should work. Does the ESGST button not even appear in the header?

3 years ago

no, like its not even installed but it is

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

I enabled the feature of having "Enter" buttons on the main scrolling page. But every time I enter a giveaway, there is a pop-up showing additional details about the giveaway. How do I turn off this super intrusive feature??

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

3 years ago*

Is there a reason for the repository being moved to libhub?

3 years ago

You mean GitLab? Just a personal choice to support open source projects not owned by major corporations like Microsoft or Google, since GitHub isn't open source and is owned by Microsoft.

I've personally also stopped using Windows, Google, Chrome etc. for open source and privacy centered alternatives such as Linux, DuckDuckGo, Firefox etc.

3 years ago

Yes, that's what I meant.
Ok.

3 years ago

Then you're also ideologically forced to use ViolentMonkey for userscripts, right? I'd love your view on what it does better and worse than TamperMonkey, since surely you're uniquely qualified from years of script writing.

3 years ago

I wouldn't call it "forced". I've been using GreaseMonkey (which is also open source) and ViolentMonkey for a long time and never had any issues.

And I also wouldn't say that I'm uniquely qualified, since writing script is very different from using it. I use very few scripts, so I'm probably not the best person to tell you which one is best, although I do prefer ViolentMonkey's interface out of the three.

From a writing perspective, ViolentMonkey and TamperMonkey are pretty much equal for me, as they both give me the APIs that I need to write scripts, while GreaseMonkey lags a little behind and doesn't offer as many APIs. Also, GreaseMonkey was last updated almost a year ago, while ViolentMonkey receives constant updates, so there's that.

Honestly, I don't know much about how TamperMonkey is doing these days, I haven't paid attention to it in a long time.

3 years ago

I have a question about game tag syncing.

I've been using an old version as I needed an older version of my browser for work reasons. All syncing and a few other functions were not working, but this was not due to the extension, it was my side.

I've now updated to the current chrome and the current extension and most things I missed are back and working fine. Game tags (the tags I create myself for a giveaway that show on all GAs for that game) are not syncing between computers.

Should they be? I've granted permissions. I did an export from my old version and imported into the current one. All my settings and tags seem to be there. I did import on both computers. But if I now add a tag to a game I do not see it show up on the other computer. I've forced synced all after adding a tag to ensure its there if its going to be and then force synced on the other end.

Did it used to sync these tags or am I misremembering. Or have I not set something correctly to enable the syncing of these tags?

Edit.
Is it the old import data? If its worth it I can wipe the setting and do it manually if this will get game tags syncing. It would take awhile but that fine as long as it works. Assuming I'm remembering this correctly as being something it does. lol.

3 years ago

If you selected Games > Game Tags while restoring the data in the other computer, it should sync. Unless you were on a really old version, as there might be incompatibilities in the data. Do you remember what version it was?

3 years ago

old is 8.5.9 firefox
new is 8.7.2 chrome.

I just said to restore all. I do see that as an import option if I go look for it. The tags did show up so I figured they must be fine, but I see new tags don't sync to the other computer if I now add one and tell it to sync.

I don't see tags as a thing on the current extension when I force a sync unless its part of one of these that do I see.
Groups
Whitelist
Blacklist
Steam Friends (requires Steam API key)
Hidden Games
Owned/Wishlisted/Ignored Games
Followed Games
Won Games
Reduced CV Games
No CV Games
HLTB Times
Delisted Games
Giveaways
Won Giveaways

Now that I know that they are supposed to sync (and I assume part of one of the above categories). I can start fresh and see what happens if you think that's a good idea. Coming from old data might very well be the issue. I can get a list of most of the tags and if I miss a few then no big deal.

The old extension is still installed in an old ver of firefox. It can't sync so I don't think its messing with anything. I just checked and it tries but it also lists the last sync as a year ago. I've set them all to 0 in the old ver just in case. I may play a bit with it tonight. I still need both browsers for now.

I have the old firefox ver and current chrome ver both on two computers. The old firefox versions have not synced in a long time. I did use an export from that to import into chrome on the two computers. I'm hoping I can get the two current versions on chrome to sync with each other. Sounds like it should work that way so that's good to know.

3 years ago

I've now manually saved my data so I can restore without using the backup files.
Deleted everything on both computers.
Turned on just the game tags on both computers
set a single tag on one computer. Synced,
Then synced on the other and the tag does NOT show up.

OK... lets start fresh....
Removed the extension completely on both computers.
Installed on both.
Both come up saying they start with all disabled. Turned on permissions on both. Turned on just game tags on both.
set a single tag on one system and synced.
then synced on the other computer. Again the tag does NOT show up.

Is this function broken? Any ideas?

3 years ago

Oh, my bad, I misunderstood what you were talking about. I thought that by "sync" you meant backing up the tags in one computer and restoring them in the other. There isn't an actual sync function for user data at the moment. It's in my TODO list. I thought about using the browser sync, but that will only work between the same browser (Chrome to Chrome and Firefox to Firefox). To sync cross-browser, I'd have to store the data in my server, but I'd need to figure out how to do that using encryption to keep the data secure and prevent it from being accessed by anyone but the user themselves. I'll take a look into this issue soon.

3 years ago

OK, thanks. I guess I was misremembering this after all. I do think it would be a welcome addition for future update. Pretty funny, I could have swore it was already doing this.

... and I went off on a tangent but ...

While likely not useful for your needs.
One method I use is a simple local ini file saved to my dropbox (or any syncing service that also syncs a local file). Its not encrypted but its local and syncs with my other computers and enough for my purposes. The same script running on two computers both look at a timestamp var in the local ini file every 10 min. If the timestamp var has changed then it reads the other vars in the ini file and resets internally with the new values.

The only time it writes to the ini file is if I'm interacting with the script and tell it to do something. It then writes that var and resets the timestamp so the other copy will update when it next checks. The only thing to be aware of is not to tell the script on both sides to do something within 10 min of each other. Nor is it a true sync. No locking, no merging data. But simple to do and enough for my needs. Its a multi timer that can set things based on my screen when I hit a hotkey that then shows up on multiple computers. I can access the raw data on my phone as well but never got around to giving the phone any control like the computers can do.

Another set of scripts I wrote does something similar but needs to keep a database that can't get out of sync or changes made out of sequence. It also needs to make changes automatically instead of only when I interact with it. In that case one script is the primary and does all the actual changes. The other is a helper that can read the database and simply writes commands to a file that the primary then sees and does based on its own internal status. From the users point (me) they look the same, it just takes a few min for a command to take effect. Not a big deal as its a web change monitor so instant response is not needed.

... lol, I had meant for just a couple lines on my simple but not true sync methods ...

๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

3 years ago

I would love an option to see the avalaible language of each giveaway game. Sorry for may bad english.

3 years ago

I'll see if I can add this.

3 years ago

Thx

3 years ago

hi,
is there a way to load the entries in the GA bookmarks at once (with just 1 button click) and not just 5 at a time?
thanks

3 years ago

The reason why it loads 5 at a time is because it has to send a request for each giveaway to get the information of the giveaway, so loading all at once wouldn't be a good idea. However, you can load all at once as a basic list by clicking on "View Raw List".

3 years ago

well... maybe not all at once in an instant, but just like the 5 GAs that load one after another it would be great if all bookmarked GAs would load one after another (additional button?)... or the amount of GAs loading was increased... or maybe the button being at the top so you wouldnt need to scroll down every time to continue (just like in the GA extractor)...
i have currently over 50 GAs bookmarked and loading them all and viewing which ones i havent entered yet (of course i enter those first that end sooner)... takes a while. the raw list doesnt show entered status and i would need to open each GA to see that.
as to why i dont use the option to unbookmark entered GAs, is because i usually only bookmark invite only GAs. sometimes ive entered GAs that have still weeks to go... but if i dont have enough point for something ending sooner, i leave those that still have long time to go. so i wouldnt like accidentally leaving an invite only GA without the bookmark "insurance" since i dont only use SG on my PC but also on my phone (chrome browser, no ESGST)

also another thing that i noticed:
if there are GAs among the bookmars that havent begun yet... the moment they do begin the GA is pushed at the very end of the list. it doesnt matter what end time it has (i have default sorting by end time) . it only goes to its rightful order/place after loading it in the bookmarks and the sorting kicks in.
i noticed it after i missed out on some GAs as they ended without ever showing at somewhere at the beginning.

sorry for the long read
i really like ESGT, it makes the use of SG a lot more enjoyable... so i sometimes think of somethings to make it even better at least for me :P hope you dont mind to much :)

3 years ago

3 years ago

thanks, I'll look into it when i get home and have access to ESGST.

3 years ago

i already had the second one enabled.
enabling the first one did the trick. yay!!
but it didnt show me where this option is located in the list (i know, its weird)
could you tell me where to find it?

and thank you~! ^^

3 years ago

General -> Endless Scrolling -> Enable for Giveaway Bookmarks

3 years ago

ah i see. i never enabled endless scrolling. didnt know it would have such an effect on this type of page.

3 years ago

If we bookmarked a GA before it begins, it ends up being at the last spot of all bookmarks after it started.
Could you put such GAs at the first place so that we don't have to load every single bookmarked giveaway, just to gain the ending dates for one at the end of the list?

3 years ago*

so im not the only one who noticed :)

3 years ago

I also noticed that bookmarking an extracted sgtool link instead of a giveaway, messes up the complete bookmarks. ;)

3 years ago

happened to me as well. didnt know the reason though back then.
i think i read that one here recently as well... was it you who reported it?

3 years ago

I debated it with Thexder a week ago in one of my sgtool protected giveaways, which resulted in his bookmarks getting messed up. ;)

3 years ago

Hi there! I've had some trouble lately with checking for multiple wins - checking my GA winners is one of the regular things I use this marvelous tool to do. (I'm using add-on version 8.7.2 on an up-to-date Firefox, Win10 Pro.) When I'm checking people with a lot of wins, checking will often hang on the check for multiple wins. It doesn't fail, it just doesn't ever finish. I've seen this on users with 300+ wins and perhaps with people who are in the high 200s. Checking for just non-activated wins (these are more important to me anyway) is always fine. Is this a thing, or is it just me?

3 years ago

Have had the same thing happen to me, which is why I only check for non activated wins now. Also using Firefox and Win 10 and newest version of the add-on.

3 years ago

Sorry to hear it's not just me, but I'm also relieved that it's not just me!

3 years ago

Multiple wins can't happen anymore for years now (technically blocked server-side) so no need to check for those.

3 years ago

I know that's true for the most part, and thanks. Is it also true for DLCs and still-learning-about games? I'm aware of the SG "already won this title" function, which appears to be separate from the flawed Steam API when it comes to DLC and such. Does it apply widely enough to be reliable?

I ask not to be generally argumentative, but because I recall reading a comment by someone in support that duplicate wins of DLC and such is one way to identify potential bot or scripted users. This was a while back, admittedly, but not in the Ancient Days.

3 years ago

I'll have to take a look. Thanks for letting me know.

3 years ago

Feature Request: Hide game for X days. I'd like to request a feature be added to allow to hide all giveaways for a game for a certain amount of time like 30 days. I often don't want to enter for a game right now, especially when a bundle is just dropped, but I'd consider entering it later so I don't want to add it to my manually filtered list.

3 years ago

+1 to this

3 years ago

Nice feature, just need some time to implement it.

3 years ago

Hello, question about bookmarks : is it possible to share them between 2 devices, or are they specific to a computer ?

3 years ago

you would need to export from one device and import on the other, until revilheart figures out a server sync for the data on ESGST.

3 years ago

I really like the bookmark function
It would be really cool if adding GAs to it would be a bit faster
Like I have filtered a Giveaway extractor page and want to add all those filtered to my bookmark list
right now I have to click on each one to add them
that would save a lot of time

Or let me add a list of links to the bookmark list

3 years ago

Have you tried multi-manager?

3 years ago

I have to plans to look into a better storage management, which might speed things up, just need time. In the meantime, look into Multi-Manager, as at46 mentioned. It allows you to bookmark multiple giveaways at once.

3 years ago

So until now I used a wild combination of scripts for SG. Having to re-install my OS recently, I noticed that some scripts are no more and isntalled ESGST. Is there any option that works similar to Daerphen's group identifier script? The script displayed the names of the groups for group GAs on the main & profile pages.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Thanks. Looks different that I am used to, but should be good.
Have a nice day.

3 years ago

Firefox died hard for me this morning, and I did not think to back up my ESGST stuff before reinstalling (and for some reason I stopped automatic backups over a year ago - must have had a good reason at the time, though clearly it wasn't actually a good reason). My user tags and comments are lost forever, right? I'll deal - I just want to confirm.

3 years ago

did you delete the firefox profile?

3 years ago

I have the Old Firefox Data folder, but it doesn't appear to have a lot of data in it - the ESGST folder is in there, but there's only a single smallish file from a version migration from January of 2018.

3 years ago

If you can load the profile with firefox you can do an export from esgst.

If esgst doesn't run correctly, and assuming you used the extension and not the script:

• There probably be a way to export using extension debugging, revilheart probably knows how.
  • Probably there is a way to export using the database manually/directly but I have no clue on how exactly.

If you used the script than I don't know how if it isn't loading correctly.

3 years ago

Thanks for this. I'm socked in on a deadline right now, but I'll see what I can get done on this front later in the week.

3 years ago

Is it a .sqlite file? If you still have the storage file for the extension, it's possible to extract your data from it. Try to find a .sqlite or storage.js file.

3 years ago

Sorry to be so long responding, it's my bad. Socked in, in real life. The file that I know belongs to ESGST is in the {71de700c-ca62-4e31-9de6-93e3c30633d6} folder, in turn inside the browser-extension-data folder; it's called storage.js.migrated, and is 2.3 megs large. It contains a bunch of Steamgifts stuff when I look at it in Notepad, so I like that side of things. It's also dated March of 2019, but so it goes. If I get something out of it, it beats getting nothing out of it!

I have storage.js files and a bunch of .sqlite files elsewhere, but nothing else in that location, and the sqlites are regular Firefox stuff I think - cookies, places, and some dozens of other smaller ones.

3 years ago

the folder "<profile folder>\storage\default\moz-extension+++<internal UUID of ESGST in that old profile>^userContextId=<contex id>" is what you should search for if you are using the extension. there is where FF saves the ESGST data as far as I know but i have no clue on how to decode/decrypt it to import on a different profile. revilheart, do you know anything about that?

3 years ago

Fantastic information. I have the folder I think is the right one - not much I can see clearly in there with a text editor, but it does have a bit near the top that seems to have a known user name and mentions Steam IDs. Unless that one is Augmented Steam. Not sure what to do with it yet, but it's there.

3 years ago

you can find the internal uuid on the prefs,js of the old profile, search for:

\"{71de700c-ca62-4e31-9de6-93e3c30633d6}\":

whatever is betwen \"\" next and before the , is the internal uuid.

the files are sqlite databases, the ones on the files directory seem to have been encode in some way by firefox and i haven't found a way to decode them yet.

can you load the old profile using "firefox -p" ?
if you can then just use ESGST itself to export the data, that would be the easiest way.

if you can load the profile but esgst is not working correctly then you probably could use the debugger to export the data but I don't know how to do that exactly ๐Ÿ˜…

3 years ago

It's an .sqlite file, right? If so, that's the right folder. I'm trying to see how data can be extracted from that file. I did it once, but I can't seem to remember. I thought it was with a program called DB Browser for SQLite (for Linux, not sure if it's available on Windows), but it doesn't look like I can access the data through it. I'll get back to you shortly.

3 years ago

I think I found a way to get the data. I would do what I'm about to explain in a temp profile just to be safe.

1. Install the extension.

2. Login on SteamGifts.

3. Close Firefox.

4. Find the internal UUID on the prefs,js of the old profile, search for:

whatever is betwen \"\" next and before the , is the internal UUID.

5. Find the internal UUID on the prefs,js of the new profile, search for:

whatever is betwen \"\" next and before the , is the internal UUID.

6. Change the internal UUID on the prefs.js of the new profile to be the same as the old profile.

7. Copy all the folders from the <old profile folder>\storage\default folder that starts with: moz-extension+++<internal UUID of ESGST in that old profile> doesn't matter if it has the ^userContexId bit at the end.

8. Paste them in the <new profile folder>\storage\default folder

9. Open Firefox with the new profile, disable ESGST, re-enable ESGST.

10. Open SteamGifts and ESGST should be working,

11. If that was done in a temp profile then export the data and import/merge in the real profile.

3 years ago

Definitely try marlop's solution first. If that doesn't work, I might have another solution, but it's a bit more complicated.

3 years ago

Will do. Y'alls are amazing!

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

3 years ago

check my last comments to LinustheBold, and correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise do you have some some instructions for him to recover his data?

3 years ago

Yeah, I extracted data from one of those files once with DB Browser for SQLite (on Linux), but when I open the file with it now I can't seem to find the data. I'm trying to see if maybe something changed, either on Firefox or on the program.

3 years ago

i had tried using that program on the files on the files folder but it can't understand them (that seems to be where the data is), the .sqlite file looks like a index or key or some other thing but i have no ideia how to interpret the data that the program can extract from that.

3 years ago

I managed to decompress the data using Python with some modifications to this code, namely:

with sqlite3.connect("3647222921wleabcEoxlt-eengsairo.sqlite") as conn:
        cursor = conn.cursor()                                             
        cursor.execute("select object_store_id, key, data from object_data")
        for row in cursor:
            name = ""
            encoded_name = row[1].decode()
            for character in encoded_name:
                x = ord(character)
                name += chr(x - 1)
            file_name = "{}.json".format(name[1:])
            print(file_name)
            if type(row[2]) == bytes:
                data = snappy.decompress(row[2]).decode('ISO-8859-1')
            else:
                data = str(row[2])
            with open(file_name, "w") as file:
                file.write(data)
                file.close()

This generates a .json file for each storage key (discussions, giveaways, etc.). If your solution doesn't work, I might see if I can write some code to extract the relevant information from the files and combine it into a single file that can be restored on ESGST.

3 years ago

Is there anyway to make the Enter/Leave Button say Not Enough Points when you do not have access for so?

3 years ago

Not at the moment.

3 years ago

After formatting laptop, i can't see "HLTB times" tag anymore. All permissions are on, all relevant extension categories are on. Any ideas to help?

Thanks for awesome extension.

3 years ago

You need to sync them in the settings menu.

3 years ago

Didn't work. Synced, then Ctrl-R'd and then restarted Chrome but still no times.

3 years ago

I was able to reproduce on a clean install, will try to look into it soon.

3 years ago

To userscript users, v8.7.3 is not available yet. Because the source code of the extension is now stored on GitLab instead of GitHub, and GitLab does not offer an easy way to upload assets to releases, I'm considering hosting the userscript on GreasyFork again (just like old times! :P), but I'm having some issues because of the size of the script that are being worked out. Until then, userscript users are unfortunately unable to update to this version.

3 years ago

Which also means no way to manually download/use the extension (outside the browser's addon pages) and losing unminified access for the 4th time hrmpbf. GitLab sucks.

3 years ago

GitLab offers a lot of other options that GitHub doesn't. Just because it doesn't have this one functionality, doesn't mean it sucks. And this is just a temporary issue until I figure out what to do.

3 years ago

You got nothing to worry about, looks like I can actually attach .zip files to releases, so unminified / beta versions will be available again.

3 years ago

Good news! Beta versions are being served again. They will now be available in the milestone pages, instead of the releases page. So, for example, if you go to the milestone page for v8.8.0, you can see the current betas: https://gitlab.com/rafaelgssa/esgst/-/milestones/122

3 years ago

you should be able to attach files on the release notes and/or use the asset links to link to assets stored elsewhere. those two things might be good workarounds until there is a way to upload assets to releases as there is on GitHub.

3 years ago

GitLab actually allows uploading assets to a repo, but there's no easy way to delete them, making the repo grow in size indefinitely. I might look into something like Dropbox for the time being. But for the script, I think it's better for it to go on GreasyFork anyway.

3 years ago

I will need to do some testing first but as far as I know the methods I'm talking about doesn't add it to the repo itself. will do some tests this weekend and report the results.

3 years ago

No, yeah, I know about the option to link them as well, but then I have to keep storing them somewhere else, like Dropbox, and that's not very convenient.

3 years ago

I was thinking about the upload to release notes feature when I said that I need to test. The linking one obviously doesn't use any space there ๐Ÿ˜…

3 years ago

Oh, I see what you mean. Looks like that's actually the same functionality I was talking about, that allows uploading a file to a repo, but no way to delete it. And it doesn't look like it's working, I just tried uploading a file, and I get an error when trying to open it: https://gitlab.com/rafaelgssa/esgst/uploads/069c72d881d886a249c398253d801583/userscript.meta.js

3 years ago

Wait, looks like the problem is just with .js files. I managed to upload the .zip files and it doesn't look like it increased the repo size: https://gitlab.com/rafaelgssa/esgst/-/releases/v8.7.3

3 years ago

yep, i just haven't found a way to delete them.

anyway, it should work as a workaround until gitlab adds a proper management of release assets.

3 years ago

3 years ago

crap, and by the looks of the issue you linked that's going to take even more time than the release stuff to materialize

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.