An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions: Beta versions of the extension are always available in the latest pre-release at the releases page. You have to install them manually on your browser.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions: Beta versions of the userscript are always available at https://rafaelgssa.github.io/esgst/userscript.beta.user.js.

More info on the GitHub page.

Changelog

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

May I ask is there a way/option to change or choose an icon of "Game Category"?

1 month ago

If you have activated to use an icon instead of text you can change the icon under additional options. Here's a list of available icons.

Example: Enable Game Categories, DLC, Enable the simplified version. and Use icons instead of initials.. You can then change the icon for DLC under Additional Options of DLC from download to e.g. bath.

1 month ago*

Thank you!!!!! I did it!!! You're the MAN and MY SAVIOR!!! 😭🤘

1 month ago

Hi,
is there a way to customize the colors of the enter and leave buttons?
i recently started using a dark theme and i find it hard to differentiate between those buttons... especially inside the bookmarks as the fading doesnt work there.
Thank you.

1 month ago

depending on the dark theme you can customize it there, the themes by SquishedPotatoe have those options when installed on Stylus using the usercss from here, not sure about other themes.

1 month ago

sorry, but i dont understand even half of what you said.
i have no clue about any form of programming so it seems im just not knowledgable enough to understand.
btw... i use the dark grey theme available on ESGST.

also i hoped that there would be an option to do so in ESGST itself that i just failed to find... similar to the option to customize the button color of GAs with unknown ownership: Link

1 month ago

For the dark grey theme, go here and follow the instalation instructions on end of the page, use the usercss option, then disable it on ESGST, then when on any SG tab click on the Stylus addon icon on the toolbar, there will be a cog icon in front of the theme, click this icon, there will be options to change most of the color of the theme.

1 month ago

not sure if im up to installing something separate/additional. but ill keep it in mind
thank you.

i still hope that there is some feature like https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gc_e

1 month ago

then create an issue about that here to make it easier for revilheart to see and track it.

BUT it`s more of a dark theme issue than a ESGST one, so using the theme in the way that enables you to configure it would be the correct way in my opinion. Either way, revilheart may agree with you so do create the issue on GitHub.

1 month ago

thank you for your help :)

1 month ago

Is it possible to somehow mark giveaways of owned games on group page and/or user page? Maybe with background color or something. Sorry for asking, but there are too many options and I failed to find something relevant.

1 month ago

hi,
there are categories you can enable: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gc

for "owned" you need to additionally enable https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gc_o you need to enable categories first to see this one

you have various options how it should look in the end, like if it shows an icon or its color.
i kept its color and used "Enable the simplified version." + "Use icons instead of initials."

there are also various other categories you can enable, each induvidually, like DLCs, packages, Hidden, wishlisted, etc.

this wont work immediatly, but you need to sync it first. (not SG but ESGST)

1 month ago*

but you need to sync it first.

No matter how hard I tried I wasn't able to make damn thing sync, it always stucks on "Retrieving giveaways (page 1)...". Oh well, probably no luck for me. Thanks for pointing me to the right setting anyway!

1 month ago

you might need to grant the right permissions for that to work. i had the same problem when i tried this for the first time.
in the ESGST account setting, at the top, there are Permissions. go to that link and enable the checkboxes that say are neccessary for that...
i believe you need this:

• ://.rafaelgssa.com/*
  • ://.api.steampowered.com/*
  • ://.store.steampowered.com/*

dont forget to save

also do you have automatic syncing enabled?
i sometimes have problems with manual syncing, but the automatic syncing usually works... though you would need to wait min. 24h.

1 month ago*

Will check with auto-sync, thank you for your help!

1 month ago

dont forget enabling the permissions first, without them it wont sync.
and try to manually sync again ... i just tried it out myself and it took a bit of time.

1 month ago

I'm using a userscript version, so I don't think permissions apply to me, it has all permissions included in the script itself.
Also, I managed to sync it. For some reason it can't sync Giveaways if Delisted Games is not synced. I synced Delisted Games, and after that I was able to sync Giveaways. Categories work, it looks not the way I expected, but hey, it solves my task, so I'll keep it. Thanks again for helping me!

1 month ago

nice that it worked out in the end
no problem :)

1 month ago

Is there a way to hide the "Pinned Giveaway" on the top and "Active Discussion" on the bottom on the main page?

1 month ago

yes, using the element filters, the code for the pinned giveaway is in the description of the feature on the options page, I don't know the code to hide the active discussion, will need to wait for revilheart or someone else who knows.

1 month ago

OH~ Thank you! I made it work successfully! The code(CSS class) for "the active discussion" is "[esgst.giveawaysPath].widget-container.widget-container--margin-top".

1 month ago

I've tried the ESGST userscript but unfortunately it doesn't work. If I filter the OS on Linux, it shows Windows games.

1 month ago

Have you enabled Game Categories, Linux, Giveaway Filters, Multiple Filters and linux? Does it show the linux game category? Do other filters work for you?

1 month ago

Yes, I have enabled Game Categories, Linux, Giveaway Filters, Multiple Filters and Linux. Yes, it shows the Linux game category. Other filters do not work for me.

I disabled the userscript and re-enabled it. When I re-enabled it, it worked. Now I see the problem was that none of the giveaway data was loading; the hourglasses never went away. Apparently all of the hourglasses have to go away for the filters to work.

1 month ago

Hi,
how I can do to work ST bumper. I switch it on but nothing happened. I suppose I need to choose what thread I want to bump somewhere or any other additional settings?

1 month ago

Function "[SG] Custom Giveaway Background" makes it possible to change the background color for different types of gifts (Invite, Group, Whitelist)
Is it possible to change the background color for gifts of a certain level, for example, level 8?

1 month ago

Hey.
I have issue with "automatically backup". Its work start every time when i reloaded Steamgift. Doesn't matter what period picked in setting.

1 month ago

Could we get ESGST to show us SteamDB's calculated account value? I'd like to see that information right next to the ratio columns.
Bonus would be a calculation of the share won SG games represent of that account value and how many % they gifted in return.

1 month ago*

Will look into it.

3 weeks ago

I have one question, why this isn't working on new edge?

1 month ago

No idea, since the new Edge uses Chromium it should work. Does the ESGST button not even appear in the header?

3 weeks ago

no, like its not even installed but it is

3 weeks ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 weeks ago.

3 weeks ago

I enabled the feature of having "Enter" buttons on the main scrolling page. But every time I enter a giveaway, there is a pop-up showing additional details about the giveaway. How do I turn off this super intrusive feature??

3 weeks ago

Is there a reason for the repository being moved to libhub?

3 weeks ago

You mean GitLab? Just a personal choice to support open source projects not owned by major corporations like Microsoft or Google, since GitHub isn't open source and is owned by Microsoft.

I've personally also stopped using Windows, Google, Chrome etc. for open source and privacy centered alternatives such as Linux, DuckDuckGo, Firefox etc.

3 weeks ago

Yes, that's what I meant.
Ok.

3 weeks ago

I have a question about game tag syncing.

I've been using an old version as I needed an older version of my browser for work reasons. All syncing and a few other functions were not working, but this was not due to the extension, it was my side.

I've now updated to the current chrome and the current extension and most things I missed are back and working fine. Game tags (the tags I create myself for a giveaway that show on all GAs for that game) are not syncing between computers.

Should they be? I've granted permissions. I did an export from my old version and imported into the current one. All my settings and tags seem to be there. I did import on both computers. But if I now add a tag to a game I do not see it show up on the other computer. I've forced synced all after adding a tag to ensure its there if its going to be and then force synced on the other end.

Did it used to sync these tags or am I misremembering. Or have I not set something correctly to enable the syncing of these tags?

Edit.
Is it the old import data? If its worth it I can wipe the setting and do it manually if this will get game tags syncing. It would take awhile but that fine as long as it works. Assuming I'm remembering this correctly as being something it does. lol.

2 weeks ago

If you selected Games > Game Tags while restoring the data in the other computer, it should sync. Unless you were on a really old version, as there might be incompatibilities in the data. Do you remember what version it was?

1 week ago

old is 8.5.9 firefox
new is 8.7.2 chrome.

I just said to restore all. I do see that as an import option if I go look for it. The tags did show up so I figured they must be fine, but I see new tags don't sync to the other computer if I now add one and tell it to sync.

I don't see tags as a thing on the current extension when I force a sync unless its part of one of these that do I see.
Groups
Whitelist
Blacklist
Steam Friends (requires Steam API key)
Hidden Games
Owned/Wishlisted/Ignored Games
Followed Games
Won Games
Reduced CV Games
No CV Games
HLTB Times
Delisted Games
Giveaways
Won Giveaways

Now that I know that they are supposed to sync (and I assume part of one of the above categories). I can start fresh and see what happens if you think that's a good idea. Coming from old data might very well be the issue. I can get a list of most of the tags and if I miss a few then no big deal.

The old extension is still installed in an old ver of firefox. It can't sync so I don't think its messing with anything. I just checked and it tries but it also lists the last sync as a year ago. I've set them all to 0 in the old ver just in case. I may play a bit with it tonight. I still need both browsers for now.

I have the old firefox ver and current chrome ver both on two computers. The old firefox versions have not synced in a long time. I did use an export from that to import into chrome on the two computers. I'm hoping I can get the two current versions on chrome to sync with each other. Sounds like it should work that way so that's good to know.

1 week ago

I've now manually saved my data so I can restore without using the backup files.
Deleted everything on both computers.
Turned on just the game tags on both computers
set a single tag on one computer. Synced,
Then synced on the other and the tag does NOT show up.

OK... lets start fresh....
Removed the extension completely on both computers.
Installed on both.
Both come up saying they start with all disabled. Turned on permissions on both. Turned on just game tags on both.
set a single tag on one system and synced.
then synced on the other computer. Again the tag does NOT show up.

Is this function broken? Any ideas?

1 week ago

Oh, my bad, I misunderstood what you were talking about. I thought that by "sync" you meant backing up the tags in one computer and restoring them in the other. There isn't an actual sync function for user data at the moment. It's in my TODO list. I thought about using the browser sync, but that will only work between the same browser (Chrome to Chrome and Firefox to Firefox). To sync cross-browser, I'd have to store the data in my server, but I'd need to figure out how to do that using encryption to keep the data secure and prevent it from being accessed by anyone but the user themselves. I'll take a look into this issue soon.

1 week ago

OK, thanks. I guess I was misremembering this after all. I do think it would be a welcome addition for future update. Pretty funny, I could have swore it was already doing this.

... and I went off on a tangent but ...

While likely not useful for your needs.
One method I use is a simple local ini file saved to my dropbox (or any syncing service that also syncs a local file). Its not encrypted but its local and syncs with my other computers and enough for my purposes. The same script running on two computers both look at a timestamp var in the local ini file every 10 min. If the timestamp var has changed then it reads the other vars in the ini file and resets internally with the new values.

The only time it writes to the ini file is if I'm interacting with the script and tell it to do something. It then writes that var and resets the timestamp so the other copy will update when it next checks. The only thing to be aware of is not to tell the script on both sides to do something within 10 min of each other. Nor is it a true sync. No locking, no merging data. But simple to do and enough for my needs. Its a multi timer that can set things based on my screen when I hit a hotkey that then shows up on multiple computers. I can access the raw data on my phone as well but never got around to giving the phone any control like the computers can do.

Another set of scripts I wrote does something similar but needs to keep a database that can't get out of sync or changes made out of sequence. It also needs to make changes automatically instead of only when I interact with it. In that case one script is the primary and does all the actual changes. The other is a helper that can read the database and simply writes commands to a file that the primary then sees and does based on its own internal status. From the users point (me) they look the same, it just takes a few min for a command to take effect. Not a big deal as its a web change monitor so instant response is not needed.

... lol, I had meant for just a couple lines on my simple but not true sync methods ...

🤷‍♂️

1 week ago

I would love an option to see the avalaible language of each giveaway game. Sorry for may bad english.

2 weeks ago

I'll see if I can add this.

1 week ago

Thx

1 week ago

hi,
is there a way to load the entries in the GA bookmarks at once (with just 1 button click) and not just 5 at a time?
thanks

1 week ago

The reason why it loads 5 at a time is because it has to send a request for each giveaway to get the information of the giveaway, so loading all at once wouldn't be a good idea. However, you can load all at once as a basic list by clicking on "View Raw List".

1 week ago

well... maybe not all at once in an instant, but just like the 5 GAs that load one after another it would be great if all bookmarked GAs would load one after another (additional button?)... or the amount of GAs loading was increased... or maybe the button being at the top so you wouldnt need to scroll down every time to continue (just like in the GA extractor)...
i have currently over 50 GAs bookmarked and loading them all and viewing which ones i havent entered yet (of course i enter those first that end sooner)... takes a while. the raw list doesnt show entered status and i would need to open each GA to see that.
as to why i dont use the option to unbookmark entered GAs, is because i usually only bookmark invite only GAs. sometimes ive entered GAs that have still weeks to go... but if i dont have enough point for something ending sooner, i leave those that still have long time to go. so i wouldnt like accidentally leaving an invite only GA without the bookmark "insurance" since i dont only use SG on my PC but also on my phone (chrome browser, no ESGST)

also another thing that i noticed:
if there are GAs among the bookmars that havent begun yet... the moment they do begin the GA is pushed at the very end of the list. it doesnt matter what end time it has (i have default sorting by end time) . it only goes to its rightful order/place after loading it in the bookmarks and the sorting kicks in.
i noticed it after i missed out on some GAs as they ended without ever showing at somewhere at the beginning.

sorry for the long read
i really like ESGT, it makes the use of SG a lot more enjoyable... so i sometimes think of somethings to make it even better at least for me :P hope you dont mind to much :)

1 week ago

1 week ago

thanks, I'll look into it when i get home and have access to ESGST.

1 week ago

i already had the second one enabled.
enabling the first one did the trick. yay!!
but it didnt show me where this option is located in the list (i know, its weird)
could you tell me where to find it?

and thank you~! ^^

1 week ago

General -> Endless Scrolling -> Enable for Giveaway Bookmarks

1 week ago

ah i see. i never enabled endless scrolling. didnt know it would have such an effect on this type of page.

1 week ago

If we bookmarked a GA before it begins, it ends up being at the last spot of all bookmarks after it started.
Could you put such GAs at the first place so that we don't have to load every single bookmarked giveaway, just to gain the ending dates for one at the end of the list?

1 week ago*

so im not the only one who noticed :)

1 week ago

I also noticed that bookmarking an extracted sgtool link instead of a giveaway, messes up the complete bookmarks. ;)

1 week ago

happened to me as well. didnt know the reason though back then.
i think i read that one here recently as well... was it you who reported it?

1 week ago

I debated it with Thexder a week ago in one of my sgtool protected giveaways, which resulted in his bookmarks getting messed up. ;)

1 week ago

Hi there! I've had some trouble lately with checking for multiple wins - checking my GA winners is one of the regular things I use this marvelous tool to do. (I'm using add-on version 8.7.2 on an up-to-date Firefox, Win10 Pro.) When I'm checking people with a lot of wins, checking will often hang on the check for multiple wins. It doesn't fail, it just doesn't ever finish. I've seen this on users with 300+ wins and perhaps with people who are in the high 200s. Checking for just non-activated wins (these are more important to me anyway) is always fine. Is this a thing, or is it just me?

1 week ago

Have had the same thing happen to me, which is why I only check for non activated wins now. Also using Firefox and Win 10 and newest version of the add-on.

1 week ago

Sorry to hear it's not just me, but I'm also relieved that it's not just me!

1 week ago

I'll have to take a look. Thanks for letting me know.

1 day ago

Feature Request: Hide game for X days. I'd like to request a feature be added to allow to hide all giveaways for a game for a certain amount of time like 30 days. I often don't want to enter for a game right now, especially when a bundle is just dropped, but I'd consider entering it later so I don't want to add it to my manually filtered list.

1 week ago

+1 to this

1 week ago

Nice feature, just need some time to implement it.

1 day ago

Hello, question about bookmarks : is it possible to share them between 2 devices, or are they specific to a computer ?

6 days ago

you would need to export from one device and import on the other, until revilheart figures out a server sync for the data on ESGST.

5 days ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.