Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Was there a change made recently to change the ratings displayed for a GA (1-100 score) to a thumbs up/down?

If you hover over the icon it shows the numerical score, but I was wondering if there is a way to get it to display the score like it used to?

3 years ago

Yep, that was it, thanks!

I hate when a new option is added and the default state is different then what it was prior to that option existing. At least put an entry in the change log about it!

3 years ago

When I add a new option, I do set its default state to the prior one. You were probably affected by a bug that turned all categories into icons, which should have been fixed in v8.8.0, but I guess not. Sorry about that.

3 years ago

I haven't found an option about it in the menu, but in the bookmarked GAs list page, if i hover on the group icon of a GA, i have a tooltip of all the groups, but there is no other page where i can have this very useful tooltip. Is it possible to activate it on any page ? Thanks !

3 years ago

Thanks !

3 years ago

I'm failing to make use of the WL/BL checker :
When I run it again on a page previously checked, it checks again the users, like if there were no cache : for example, there's a user with 230 pages of giveaways, and it tries to go through all those 230 pages again each time I run it !
I discovered that after it stopped itself on a page, and I tried to run it again, expecting it jumps over already checked users... but it did not.
Is there something to configure to actually enable that cache, or is it a bug, or is it <insert anything here> ?
ESGST 8.8.1 + Firefox 80.0.1

3 years ago

Probably a bug, will look into it. Make sure you're not checking with the "clear cache" option enabled.

3 years ago

Thanks, no all options are unchecked

3 years ago

[Bug Report?]:

• ESGST Chrome Extension ver. 8.8.1
  1. The number is always reduced at 1 in the first digit in the section of "Number / Link" in every setting if clicking through the URL provided by the "Number / Link."
3 years ago*

I don't know why, but since the most recent update to 8.8.1, ESGST takes long enough to load that i get the dreaded "The plugin ESGST is slowing down your webpage, do you want to stop/wait" message. I am using the most recent version of firefox.

It only happens when opening pages, but sometimes typing lags, too. I usually run up to 10 SG tabs at once, sometimes more, and did not have that issue on the version that i previously used.

3 years ago

Same for me, even when there's only one SG tab open. I don't get Firefox's slow-down warning on my main PC, but I do get it on a low spec (but modern) laptop, and that never used to happen.
Also, the emoji picker popup for comments seems to take longer to open than it used to.

3 years ago

Suggestion: Add column of date of last created (AND delivered if possible, otherwise with winners) public, non-zero-CV GA under GA Entries.

3 years ago

I have a couple questions about GA extractor.

Is it possible to have the GA extractor extract all GAs in a train instead of 50 at a time? I read something about tags or something, but it references release notes. I am not sure what version or where to find them for older versions.

Is it possible to filter based on not being able to enter a GA due to being blacklisted by the GA owner? I know I can color the background of the GA, but can I filter it out all together?

Thanks

3 years ago

activate endless scrolling for the GA extractor https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=es_ge , that should make it extract all the giveaways.
Regarding filtering the GAs this might do what you want: https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=gf_enterable

3 years ago

I have that option enabled bit it still stops every 50 GAs. I had read something about it being related to filtering of certain tags (if it has to retrieve them from the server) but I don't know which ones those are. Also, I believe there may be a bug... If I continually press the green button, it loads the next 50, but if I enter one of the GAs in between pressing the button, it sometimes causes the next 50 to never load (the icon just spins and the number never increases). I then have to "Cancel" and re-extract from the beginning, which is a real pain for long trains.

I had already tried "Enterable" and it did not exclude GAs from users that had me blacklisted, but I just tried "Currently Enterable" and that seemed to work, although I don't know what else it might be excluding.

Thanks for the help!

3 years ago

"Currently Enterable" also filters GAs that you don't have points to enter I think.

Regarding the GA extractor, did you try disabling the option, saving, then re-enabling and saving to see if that fixes it (it fixed something for me some time ago). Otherwise I have no idea on why it's not extracting the hole train.

Is there an error on the console? (that would help revilheart find and fix whatever is wrong)

3 years ago

I did try enable/disable with no change. No errors on the console.

However, the train I am using this on is here.
If I press the button to start the extraction on that page, it seems to get every GA (including some I think are from a previous train, which is another problem I would like to solve by maybe adding a "stop gate" when it hits a GA that has been completed for more than a certain number of days; it would not include that GA in the extraction as well as not continue to traverse links on that page). It loads these 50 at a time and I have to press the button every 50.

However, if I go to the first GA in the same train, and then extract from there, it only extracts 215 GAs for some reason (there should be over 1000), yet it doesn't stop at every 50, it loads them all at once.

Very strange.

EDIT:

OK, I think I see what is happening. This feature works only when you scroll down to the end of the list manually, it will then auto-load the next set of GAs. That is not what I am looking for. I want it to load them all without user intervention.

The reason it may have worked on the 215 GA page is because there were less GAs, and I had a filter that removed most of them, so it never reached a full page of GAs, so no need to scroll down. Although if I add a filter that excludes all the GAs from the display of the extraction on the main page it still only loads 50 at a time.

I'm still not sure why it only loaded 215 GAs then there were 1000 in that train.

3 years ago*

i think it stopped at 215 because some of the carts (216 to 239) used words in another language and no symbols to denote next and previous and you have the option to only extract from the current giveaway forward enabled and if I`m right that is the problem.

For the 50 GA at a time thing I have no more ideas, It might work so well for me because my filters are very aggressive and hide most of the GAs in the train 😅, time to wait for revilheart. To make easier/faster for him to take a look at it you should create a issue on GitHub.

3 years ago

I was about to reply that I don't have the "extract from the current GA onward" enabled (because I am familiar with that option), but just to be sure I checked, and it WAS enabled for some reason. Not sure why, because I never enabled it.

Anyway, after disabling it and going to the first page of the train (not the main forum post) and extracting, it seems to be working fine to extract everything at once without pausing every 50 GAs (plus it extracts over 2000 GAs).

So I think it is working, at least for my purposes. I still think there is some explanation needed as to why it goes 50 at a time when extracting from the forum post.

Another option I would like to see (which may not be necessary if the 50-at-a-time issues is resolved) is to have the option of popping up an "Are you sure?" when you click on the re-extract button. After hitting the "Extract More" button several times, it is just habit to tediously hit it again and again after every 50 GAs are loaded, and if you don't notice when you have reached the end of the train, it blows away all the GAs you just loaded and starts again. I did this twice and it was a real pain to have to re-extract the entire train again each time.

3 years ago

I just want to add more info regarding the "stop gate" idea.

The above mentioned train currently has just under 1200 GAs in it. However when you use the GA extractor on the first cart in the train, it loads 2288 GAs. This is due to someone including a link to another train that has been "Ended 11 months ago" in one or more of the carts (not sure which one(s)). So I would like an option (if it doesn't already exist) to discard any cart in the train where the GA on that cart has been "ended" more than X days ago (configurable).
This way, when it gets to the first cart in the old train, it will discard that cart and not traverse any links listed on that carts page.

Note that using the criteria that the GA is ended more than X days ago is just my initial idea, there may be other criteria that can be used to make sure an old train linked to a current train does not have it's carts included/traversed.

3 years ago

In reply to https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/uRlJANT
Any news on fixing this problem?
It stops ESGST from working for me for over 10 days now.

On a side note, any way for me to go back to the previous version (where I didn't have this problem)?

3 years ago

Hello! Do you have the SGLinkies script installed? ESGST seemed to work when I turned the script off, so that might work for you if you do have it.

3 years ago

Correct. This was indeed linked to the problem.
Without it, EGST is working again.

It seems EGST can't handle some of the extra information that is being put on the page by SGLinkies. Resulting in a 'textContent' of null error.

EGST was working fine on the previous version, so I hope EGST can fix what they broke.

3 years ago

Sorry it's taking so long, I've been a bit busy these past couple months, but I'm trying to see if I can catch up with the reports. I'll try to release a fix for this in the weekend or next week.

If you're on Chrome, you can't go back to the previous version through the store, because they don't keep past versions, but all past versions are available on GitHub (https://github.com/rafaelgssa/esgst/releases), if you know how to load them manually.

3 years ago

It seems to be related that if another script (like SGLinkies) adds extra rows to the DOM. Than ESGTST gives a 0 error.

3 years ago

For some reason, my comment history won't open now. Comment history (5.4 in settings) is on. After clicking My Comment History it greys out for 5 seconds and nothing happens. I'm using the script version via Tampermonkey + dark theme. Tried disabling the theme, same story.

3 years ago

The extractor doesn't seem to work for me. As in, it's not even present -- the icon never shows up in the page heading. I have the feature enabled in ESGST settings, I've gone into permissions and enabled "all," etc. I can't figure out why the icon isn't available for me. Is it possible that it conflicts with some other setting?

3 years ago

most likely there is some option that hides those options a bit
in a discussion like this one look for 3 vertical placed dots at the left of the bar that says (here) 15,042 Comments ... directly under the main post of this thread.
similarly in giveaways its also placed to the left of the bar between the description and the comments
click on those dots for more options

if there is a valid SG link the icon will show, if there isnt a link it wont. this page doesnt have any links to GAs so it wont show for now

3 years ago

Yep, I'm looking at it on carts in a train, etc. Nothing. No ellipses button. :(

Trying to figure out what could've hidden it. I'm completely confused. I get the ellipses button on the list of my own GAs so that I can multi-send, etc. But nothing on discussion or others' GA posts.

3 years ago

try this out
is this what you were looking for?

View attached image.
3 years ago

Yep...and guess what? I completely restarted my browser (like, killed the process and forced it to reload) today, and the button is now there! Hooray!

Must've been something weird going on in Chrome, and nothing to do with ESGST itself. In any case, it's working now!

3 years ago

good to know it worked out in the end :)

3 years ago

Reference Error
Chrome extension 8.8.1
In 3.49 under "4. What does it do?", second bullet point [my bold];

To add information about a giveaway from someone else to the storage, you must enter the giveaway and visit your entered page with 2.5 Created/Entered/Won Giveaway Details enabled.

This seems to be 3.5 and not 2.5.

3 years ago

Looks like someone else mentioned that extractor didnt work. Hasnt worked for me either for a while. I dont have the SGlinkies script installed like they mentioned.

MouseEvent.mozPressure är föråldrad. Använd PointerEvent.pressure istället. esgst.js:42:91538
Dont know if this helps. Seems to not work from discussions but I have had it extract if I go to first giveaway and then extract the rest.

3 years ago

Sorry there hasn't been updates in a while. Been pretty busy, but I have plans to work on bugs today, so an update is probably coming today / tomorrow.

3 years ago

Regarding my comment above

it was the regexp: forw|more|next|onwards?|►|>|→
that caused it in option 3.17 in 5. Additional Options. Works from discussions when left blank.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/profile?esgst=settings&id=sgg

I enabled that setting but I don't see any new buttons when creating a giveaway... What am I missing here?

Chrome extension version 8.8.1

View attached image.
3 years ago

It is a thumb tack left of the group name.

View attached image.
3 years ago

Hmm, I don't have that?!
I even tried disabling Tampermonkey and Stylus.

Edit: Reinstalling ESGST didn't help either...

Clearing browser data also didn't help.

3 years ago*

Did you sync data in ESGST settings? Dont know if its necessary but cant hurt to try.

3 years ago

Just checked... There doesn't seem to be any option that has to do with that setting.

3 years ago

Alright, just checked, sorry for the late reply. This feature requires you to sync your groups. Can you try that?

3 years ago

Them groups be sticky now... Thanks :)

Edit: Oh, maybe make a notice in the settings that a group sync is necessary?

3 years ago*

That's exactly what I did in v8.8.3, it now shows a warning when you enable the feature.

3 years ago

Great for old / forgetful people like myself ;)

3 years ago

if possible could we have a counter in raw bookmark list?
also is there away to remove deleted giveaways from bookmarks manually?
thanks

3 years ago

Rev, let me ask you something... is it possible to add a countdown to recurrent bundles like indiegala bundles or monthlies bundles? I'm thinking about a countdown in the menu above or something easy to find/check with a possibility to config a different date/setting...

3 years ago

Is there a possibility to fade GA in list or hide it (not hide the game forever, just hide spicific GA) with a button or stuff?

3 years ago

Awesome! Thank you! =)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago*

Suggestions about sticky groups : there is a link in SG to browse group GAs, and it's possible in ESGST to sticky groups we find more important (and they appear first in the list of group while doing a GA). Would it be possible to have a link where you can browse stickied groups GAs only ? I haven't found anything about it in the options, but i can't find again the stickying of groups either :D

Thanks !

3 years ago

So I just had to uninstall and reinstall the extension for chrome. I don't use ESGST for too much other than advanced giveaway search and I believe I had enabled where you hover over a profile and their giveaway data shows, but I can't seem to find this feature anymore. Does anyone know the specific name so that I can turn it back on? Thanks in advance!

3 years ago

Yeah, that is definitely it, not sure how I missed it. But I saved changes and still no popout but I will try reloading chrome now

3 years ago

Forgot to mention thanks in my earlier comment, so thanks!! Have a good weekend mate!

3 years ago

The Group Library/Wishlist Checker feature isn't working properly, at the moment. Some members (and always the same members, even in different groups) don't get counted at all in the number of wishlists, even if I double-checked and they've definitely wishlisted those games. Can you please look into it? Thank you, revil!

P.S.: I'm using the Chrome extension version 8.8.1

3 years ago

Ok, finally looking into this today. So far I haven't been able to reproduce. Can you see any pattern in these members? How many games do they have in their wishlists?

3 years ago

Talking about my main group, we're 26 members but I cannot find any games wishlisted by 8 of of them (my wishlists weren't already included by default, so I don't know if I'm missing from that list for other members. I'll make somebody check, if you want):

• The first one (he's an admin) has 1310 games in their library and 626 games in their wishlist.
  • The second one (he's an admin) has 1148 games in their library and 631 games in their wishlist.
  • The third one has 5282 games in their library and 1043 games in their wishlist.
  • The fourth one has 1650 games in their library and 655 games in their wishlist.
  • The fifth one has 2144 games in their library and 1346 games in their wishlist.
  • The sixth one has 3268 games in their library and 2389 games in their wishlist.
  • The seventh one has 1408 games in their library and 636 games in their wishlist.
  • The eighth one has 3061 games in their library and 1695 games in their wishlist.

A user with 440 games in his wishlist it's included in the list, so it's probably affecting members with more than a certain number (500? 600?) of games in their wishlists. In the older versions of ESGST I remember it used to count everybody's wishlists. Can you please check if that's the real issue? Thanks!

3 years ago*

Ok, I don't think it's any problem with the Steam requests. I just thought of something that could be it. Maybe you enabled the setting in the image below and forgot?

If not, I'll keep looking.

Edit: Actually, just caught a bug in the code that appears to be the cause. As a workaround, until I fix this, you can enable that setting and set it to a high number like 9999.

View attached image.
3 years ago

Yeah, you probably hit the spot. I didn't know the option to check only users with a number of wishlists or less exist. I set that number to "9999" and now everyone in my group shows up.
Can you set by default no limits for the number of games wishlisted by members and leave that option available to anyone who wants to limit and refine their lists?
Anyway, let me know when you'll release a version that get rid of that bug. Thanks again!

3 years ago*

3 years ago

Thanks!
Btw, since we're talking about the wishlist checker feature, I just found out that there's an option to show game names instead of their IDs. Great!
In the top 100 wishlists of my group, and with this option active, there are five games that still show their IDs and not their names. I'll report them here so you can see if there's a minor bug or it just happens with some names:

• "NieR Replicantâ„¢ ver.1.22474487139..." ID: 1113560
  • "Cyberpunk 2077" ID: 1091500
  • "The Outer Worlds" ID: 578650
  • "The Sinking City" ID: 750130 (the game was removed on Steam and there isn't a page on the Steam store anymore. That's probably why it doesn't show its name)
  • "Resident Evil Village" ID: 1196590
3 years ago

It looks like it could be a case of it not finding names for new games. Those are all new games, right? I'll check if it's a bug.

3 years ago

Yes, they're all games still not released on Steam.

3 years ago

After the extension on Chrome updated to v8.8.3 I checked again and those names aren't still showing up. Anyway, don't worry too much about it, 'cause it's a really minor issue.

3 years ago

Hello,

I've searched a little but couldn't find anything : when you sticky groups, they appear first when you create a giveaway, but they don't seem to appear first in the group page (https://www.steamgifts.com/account/steam/groups). Is there an option for it ? Thanks !

3 years ago*

There isn't an option for that at the moment, but since that page only lists the group's image and name, I think it should be fairly easy to add it. I'll look into it.

3 years ago

Great thanks !

3 years ago

3 years ago

Will put it on my TODO for v8.8.3.

3 years ago

Nice :)

View attached image.
3 years ago

Can't get rid off the analytics message each time I refresh

3 years ago

Extension or userscript? What browser? Clicking "Yes" or "No"? Errors in console?

3 years ago

Extension
Chrome Versión 86.0.4240.111 (Build oficial) (64 bits)
Every time I click yes (leave it 5 minutes nothing was done), just tried no and it is gone, but wanted to share data

And I have no idea where log is

3 years ago

Ok, there's probably a bug happening when trying to send the data to the server. I'll look into it.

I guess I can add an option to reset the popup to the settings, in case people who clicked "No" want to send the data in the future.

3 years ago

Oh, you know, it could be the permissions. Do you have permissions for the server enabled?

3 years ago

Cookies weren't enabled

3 years ago

Cookies aren't needed, just the server one. I guess it's something else.

3 years ago

For those interested to see the stats collected by the settings analytics, you can go here: https://rafaelgssa.com/esgst/settings/stats However, I don't think it's working correctly at the moment, because some features have a really unusual count.

For example, it says that 240 users have gs_users_sg (Group Stats > Users) enabled, but exactly 240 users have submitted their data so far. It seems very unlikely that every user would have that option enabled, so I might have to look into that.

3 years ago

So I'm not the only one having problems with the new settings analytics feature. That's a relief. I was about to ask how long it usually takes.

I saw the pop-up when I logged in ~ 30 minutes ago, gave my permission and went into the kitchen and when I returned 10 minutes later it still told me "Perfect! Please wait a while until your data is submitted..."

So I disabled all my other scripts in Tampermonkey and tried again but still the same result after 10 minutes. I can temporarily close the window but everytime I load a page it keeps popping up.

I'm using Chrome, same as jxt09 who reported having the same issue.

Edit: I just noticed that "all my other scripts" implies something incorrect. I'm not using the script version of ESGST but rather the browser Extension.

3 years ago*

Try clicking "No" to make it go away until I fix it in the next version.

3 years ago

Maybe I accidently did but I thought you disabled the analytics for now until it's fixed.
I haven't gotten the pop-up in the last ½ hour.

3 years ago

I can't disable the popup because it's client-side, so I have to release a new version to fix it. I'll see if I can get a hotfix out tomorrow.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.