Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Any idea why coloring rows in tables stopped working on my side?

3 years ago

Script breaks when checking for multiple wins of an user if that user indeed has some. Using the chrome extension.

View attached image.
3 years ago

I don't know how and why but it works well again.
What i did was to uninstall the extension (Firefox 83.0), install again and then i run the wizard following the instructions and everything seems to be back in normal.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Why extension became extra slow? It take about 30 seconds to enter giveaway or about 5+ second to show grid of gibs. I have just several options turned on.
It was so great and usefull (thank you again about it)
I use Chrome extension and already tried reinstall it few times with different presets.

3 years ago

I think it has to do with the rate limiting announced here.

3 years ago

Thank you. Seems to be right for my case. I minimize options more and it start to work much faster - takes about ~4 second now. I have only 19 options with limitation (grid, comment formatting, undless scrolling for short wishlist or big "new")

3 years ago

3 years ago

Thanks for info.

3 years ago

whatever that new update did, it solved my problem i had with new tabs (bookmarks/GA extractor) opening somewhere else than directly next
Thanks a lot :D

3 years ago

For some strange reason ESGST stopped working today. Anyone know how to export settings before reinstalling it ?

3 years ago

Same on both PCs I have.
No errors in the console.
ESGST 8.8.6 / Palemoon 28.16.0

3 years ago

Reinstalling seems to fix the issue. I was lucky to have a backup on my settings stored on my work PC.

3 years ago

Two days ago my replies were taking up to 20 mins to go through, was stuck in saving. But yesterday/today they weren't going through at all, left 'em open for hours and endless loading. Tried clearing cache etc. but nothing. Just disabled ESGST and it's working again. Any ideas what I can do to fix that & still use ESGST? :( Otherwise I'll just patient & try it again next update.

3 years ago

You are lucky to have it working at least. Mine is completely unusable after last update

3 years ago

This update is great! everything seems to be solved and its super fast again. Thank you ! :D

3 years ago

So this is the error in my Firefox console:
SyntaxError: JSON.parse: bad control character in string literal at line 1 column 177873 of the JSON data
<anonymous> moz-extension://0bcec48b-0ed1-4d8e-a869-e7e5894975ac/esgst.js:88
async* moz-extension://0bcec48b-0ed1-4d8e-a869-e7e5894975ac/esgst.js:88
n moz-extension://0bcec48b-0ed1-4d8e-a869-e7e5894975ac/esgst.js:1
<anonymous> moz-extension://0bcec48b-0ed1-4d8e-a869-e7e5894975ac/esgst.js:1
<anonymous> moz-extension://0bcec48b-0ed1-4d8e-a869-e7e5894975ac/esgst.js:1

Anyone has the same issue ?

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

3 years ago

So my ESGST simply became dysfunctional too, today. Just as it did for hex7ech, two days ago. I reinstalled and the expansion is back.
I had exported some settings, the youngest being from May. But somehow no setting gets adjusted.
Restore data - pick file from computer - confirm that I want to restore the chosen data. Am I missing some step?

3 years ago

Hi, I also found an old backup, but had a lot of issues importing them. Tried everything, from PC, from Google Drive, from text...tried like 100+times. Eventually worked with Text import

3 years ago

I just kept trying to import the files I had, again and again. And once I was lucky enough to get it going. Hopefully this was a unique experience.

3 years ago

Same here :) I don't know how I did it, but finally managed to import. I'm glad you made it too :)

3 years ago

Endless Scrolling is not working for giveaways In the latest v8.8.6 — only 1st page of giveaways is loaded and eternal "Loading next page..." is indicated at the bottom.

Downgraded to v8.8.5 — Endless Scrolling works fine for loading giveaways pages.

3 years ago

Same here. Showing bookmarked giveaways and trains were also broken until I downgraded.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

ESGST has become incredibly slow for me the past few days on Firefox. Hover over a link/button and it takes at least 5 seconds for the pointer to change. Clicking on an "Enter" button is hit or miss, and when you do click on it you can wait 10-15 seconds before it changes Enter->Leave.
CPU is very high and I can hear the CPU fan spinning (normally can't) also seems to use a lot of memory.
Any idea what is happening? I've used this add-on for a long time with little problems, but now it is almost unusable.

3 years ago*

Which version do you use? If you're on 8.8.4 or 8.8.5 the reason might be https://github.com/rafaelgomesxyz/esgst/issues/1652 and you should consider upgrading to 8.8.6 which improves the situation a lot.

3 years ago

I am using 8.8.6. Seems to be running better today. Might have been that I had other stuff in other tabs taking up memory. I closed some tabs and restarted Firefox and it seems better,

3 years ago

Yeah, it's still a mess. Just very slow. Also getting the 429 error from SteamGifts now, never got that before.

Not sure why it's so slow now, only when I'm using SG does the browser seem to get real slow. Seems to be the worst when I list GAs and it's downloading in the background the additional info and has the spinner. Not sure if there is anything I can disable to make it better.

3 years ago

You could check the request log if you see a lot of unnecessary requests. Also it might be also worth to disable all features and enabling them one by one to see if that helps and if you can identify problematic features. In case you're running other scripts/addons you should check if any one of them makes problems.

3 years ago

How do I view the request log?

3 years ago

Next to the ESGST button is an downwards arrow. If you click on that a menu will open and there the second last item will open the request log.

3 years ago

When checking the log. I see that a lot of requests are done to the following links:
https://www.steamgifts.com/account/settings/giveaways/filters/search?page=1 to 138

Since I run into the 429 error page a lot. Which function is calling this page and how can I disable it?

3 years ago

that would be the hidden games sync

3 years ago

In addition to disable the hidden games sync you can slow down the requests esgst sends with Use custom adaptive request limits for SteamGifts to avoid running into 429 error / rate limit.

3 years ago

until the next update that feature isn't working correctly all the time: github issue

3 years ago

I thought that this bug affects you regardless of whether you set custom limits or not because bookmarks don't use the request queue? That's bad but even if the limits aren't working everywhere it should still help if you set them higher or not?

3 years ago

it will still help but won't solve the 429 error because some features are not respecting the limits, I know that the bookmarks doesn't but according to the title that rafael set to the bug there probably are other features that also doesn't.

3 years ago

Then let's hope Rafael find some time soon to fix the issues.

3 years ago

it seems to be fixed already in the code, he just hasn't released the update yet

3 years ago

[Suggestion] Add an option to not have to load the "Libraries" part of the "Group Library/Wishlist Checker, I only ever check the wishlists part of my whitelists / groups. I'm not sure exactly how ESGST grabs the info but I imagine it'll load faster if it didn't need to go through libraries if one doesn't use that function, plus that many users have thousands of games compared to only hundreds in their wishlist.

3 years ago

It's just me or the holiday GAs show the box on page 1 only, when endless scrolling is on?

View attached image.
3 years ago

Not just you.

3 years ago

I've found a hacky way to get around it; open page 2 in a new tab and then it will endless scroll with actual boxes for a number of pages.

3 years ago

I've tried that. To me, just loads one page at a time

3 years ago

If you have a userscript manager you can try this https://pastebin.com/n9F5JMji

3 years ago

This worked, thanks

3 years ago

Thanks ! Works just fine with your javascript :-)

3 years ago

Script just not worked for me...

3 years ago

The script works fine for me, except for syncing and posting comments, i don't know what happened, i haven't changed anything.

Syncing is stuck at either wishlist or groups, it never finishes.

Posting comments is stuck at saving and never posts the comments, i currently have to disable ESGST to post comments.

Any help would be appreciated. =)

3 years ago

Edge is now chromium based. So will this work?

3 years ago

I have a strange error message while syncing for a while now, which says:
Failed to sync your Steam friends. Check if you have a valid Steam API key set or if your profile is public.
I checked the permission site and even renewed the API-code a few times but I cant still fix it. Has someone else the same problem or even a fix?

3 years ago

3 years ago

nope, since the the only trading url is the one from my main account. I dont use any alt accounts for steamgifts or any other site.

3 years ago

trading url? ESGST needs your steam api key and not your trading token/url.
On the permissions page you have allowed *://*.api.steampowered.com/*, *://*.steamcommunity.com/* and *://*.store.steampowered.com/* but syncing your friends does not work with your steam api key set under 11. in settings?

3 years ago*

True... I was mistaken when I replied to you, but when I rechecked my settings now:

• API-Key is correct and the same like the one at the linked steam page. Changing and reentering the new API-Key doesnt work neither.
  • All Permissions are given

The error message still pops up during every sync.

3 years ago

Is there a proper way to Report this Bug?

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

About 3 weeks ago ESGST stopped working for me.
II have tried to uninstall/reinstall the 8.8.6, it doesn't change a thing.
There are no ESGST related errors in the console, the addon simple seems to be ignored.
I am using the latest PaleMoon 28.17 at the moment.

The console shows:

window.controllers is deprecated. Do not use it for UA detection. www.steamgifts.com
USP is not accessible cmp.min.js:1:1501

about:support shows:

Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST) 8.8.6 true addon@esgst

Any idea what could be the issue here?
ESGST stopped working after an update, I am pretty sure of it.
Not browser update though, I usually test browser updates on a VM so it's easy to remember when it gets updated.

3 years ago

The One-Click Hide Giveaway Button option doesn't work for me. In fact I can't hide a game even by opening it's giveaway page directly, it just shows infinite "Hiding giveaways..." animation and nothing happens, not after reloading the page either.
P.S. Same is true for commenting - couldn't send this post until I disabled the extension... o_O

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.