Enhanced SteamGifts & SteamTrades (ESGST)

An extension / userscript that adds some cool features to SteamGifts and SteamTrades.

If you find any bugs or have any feature requests, please file an issue here.

Compatibility

Tested and confirmed as working:

• Chrome (since v55)
  • Firefox (since v52)
  • Pale Moon

Not tested but should be working:

• Any Chromium-based browser (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...)

Not supported:

• Edge
  • Safari

Installation

There are two different ways to use ESGST: extension or userscript. You can choose which one you want to use, but the extension is a lot faster and has a better peformance than the userscript, so I recommend it, although there is no major difference between them, except for a few options that are only available in the extension because of limitations in the userscript.

Option 1 - Extension

It should be possible to install the extension in any Chromium-based browser from the Chrome store (such as Opera, Vivaldi, etc...), any Firefox-based browser from the Firefox store (such as Waterfox, etc...), and any browser that uses the Phoebus system from the Pale Moon store (such as Basilik, etc...).

You can also use the extension on Android through Firefox for Android, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Option 2 - Userscript

To install the userscript, you must install Violentmonkey, Tampermonkey, Greasemonkey or some other userscript manager first. Then click here and you should be prompted to install it. I recommend Violentmonkey or Tampermonkey, because the userscript uses the GM_addValueChangeListener API to communicate changes in the storage between tabs, and that API is not available on Greasemonkey, so a polyfill is used for Greasemonkey, which is not very effective and can affect the performance.

You can also use the userscript on Android through Firefox with Violentmonkey or USI, but some features might not work or not be optimized enough for mobile.

Beta Versions

The latest beta version for both the extension and the userscript is always available in the latest pre-release in the releases page.

7 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Getting this on every sync:

Removed apps:496550
Removed packages:11762, 13656, 14297, 27830, 85500, 116765, 132479, 248043, 259129

5 years ago

Already aware.

5 years ago*

Try the latest version.

5 years ago

Fixed, many thanks! (^_^)

5 years ago

Hangs for me on "Syncing your wishlisted/owned/ignored games..."
I don't know if this is because I have a very large number of ignored games (and lost my saved data a short time ago), or something else.

The console has the following:

338 508
esgst.js:44841 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: storeJson[item.jsonKey].forEach is not a function
at forEach.item (esgst.js:44841)
at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
at syncGames (esgst.js:44838)

5 years ago

Same. Sync not work. I have more than 10k ignored in Steam.
Maybe it's because Valve converted databases yesterday (ignored disappered from account and then appeared again after some hours).

5 years ago

Do you have more information about what Valve did?

5 years ago

Hangs here too.
Edit: it works again after v7.27.0.

5 years ago*

Can you see if you rgIgnoredApps and rgIgnoredPackages items are arrays (start with [) here: http://store.steampowered.com/dynamicstore/userdata

5 years ago

Ah, nevermind, I just ignored a few games to test and I can reproduce it. Valve changed it from an array to an object.

5 years ago

So you can fix this? great! am sick of trying to sync :P

5 years ago

I already fixed it, in my version. I'll push an update later today.

5 years ago

Thanks, you are the best!!

5 years ago

Please also update the script, because this still has the old version and as such is still broken. Thank you.

5 years ago

Just pushed it.

5 years ago

Thanks! Works like a charm once more.

5 years ago

Thank you!

5 years ago

Thank you!

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

Sorry if this has been explained, but I couldn't find it.

I see a tag called "Hidden (1)" associated with a GA with a red "!" next to it. Can you tell me what this means? My filter to exclude items with a "Hidden" tag is not excluding this GA either.

Thanks!

EDIT: When I hover the pointer on the red "!" it says "An error happened while loading game categories". Reloading the page multiple times does not make the "!" go away.

5 years ago*

Any time you see a number in parenthesis next to a category, it's because that game is a package, and the number in the parenthesis is the number of items in the package that belong to that category. So in your example, it means that 1 of the items in the package have been hidden by you.

Although I should probably remove the hidden category from the list, because I forgot that you can also hide packages. And it's because of this that your filter doesn't work. The package is not hidden, but 1 item in the package is.

5 years ago

I see, so I guess it makes sense that the package should show up when excluding hidden game, because I did not actually exclude the package (just one of the items in the package). I'm not sure that you should remove the hidden category from the list. Now that I know what the number means, it is fine. I also wondered why the GA had the little "eye" (hide) icon/link, and now I know, it's because the package is not actually hidden. Having that indicator on the package is actually good, because it is a reminder to ask the GA creator if it is oOK to enter the GA if you own some of the items in the package.

With this option removed (admittedly, it is limited in functionality for this purpose because it only lets you know if items in the package are hidden, not if you own any), is there another way to be notified of owning games within a package?

As for the "!", I am still not sure why it shows up for this particular GA (and no others) it' a GA for Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle.

5 years ago*

I have another issue that may be related...

I own "Layers of Fear". I have wishlisted DLC for this game called "Layers of Fear: Inheritance".
There is also a package on Steam called "Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition" which includes both the main game and the DLC.

If I look at a GA for "Layers of Fear" it has the "Wishlisted" label attached.
If I look at a GA for "Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition" it has the "Wishlisted" label attached (and an "!" with a mouseover message of "An error happened while loading game categories")

I have wishlisted neither of these, so why does the label appear for both? Also, I own "Layers of Fear" and it does not have the "Owned" label, but the button says "Exists in Account".

EDIT: Here is my last sync:
Removed packages:Grand Ages: Rome GOLD, Sniper Ghost Warrior Gold Edition, Blades of Time - Limited Edition, Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Season One + OST Vol 1, Grand Theft Auto IV + Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Added apps:Sentinels of the Multiverse, Hacknet, Layers of Fear

I see that it thinks Layers of Fear was added, but it still does not show up with the "Owned" label. I've had the game for a while, so it should not just be adding it now. I've also owned "Hacknet" and "Setinals of the Multiverse" for a long time, so not sure why they also show up as "new" apps added.

Also, whenever I sync, it seems to be removing packages, even though I still own the games in those packages. In the example above, it removes several packages, but I believe I still own all the games in those packages.

5 years ago*

Do you still have these issues?

5 years ago

Yes. I still see the "Layers of Fear" issues, although I no longer see the "!" warning.
Examples:
Layers of Fear
Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition
Both show up as "Wishlisted" even though I only have the DLC "Layers of Fear: Inheritance" wishlisted. "Layers of Fear" is not marked as "Owned" even though I have owned it for a while (clicking on the Steam icon in the GA brings me to the game on Steam, where it indicates I own it, so it is not another ID for the game).

I've seen a similar problem for GAs of some other "packages" (GA that is for a package of games instead of just one game) as well, so it doesn't seem to be just this game/package that is a problem.

I also just did a sync and still see those apps as being newly added even though I've had them in my account for a while:
Added apps:Sentinels of the Multiverse, Layers of Fear

5 years ago

I sometimes get the sync issue as well. I just synced and BioShock: Infinite was added, despite being on my library for more than a year. It's so random that it's hard to find the issue, but I'm looking.

5 years ago

Thanks for the update.

On another note, have you made the addon use less memory or something? Ever since I updated the addon (2 or 3 versions ago) the browser has been much faster and is experiencing less adverse affects due to low memory.

I don't know what has caused the better performance.

5 years ago

Since v8.0.0? Not directly, but some structural changes might have affected the performance (for example, the Babel compiler is now used).

5 years ago

Yes, I think since 8.0.0, but it may be something completely unrelated. I think some Windows updates were also done recently which may have something to do with it. I'm not sure what might have done it but it is definitely much better now. I would have to restart Firefox often or it would get ridiculously slow, long pauses, etc.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago*

Hi there! I haven't updated my script in ages until the newest release and never really dabbled much with it, but I decided to play with some of the settings and features. Much appreciated!

I do have one question though, when checking the applied filters on my own GAs, for some of my GAs the CV tag says that I sent 2 or 3 copies of a game, which I definitely did not. Aside from some smaller trash I usually only sent out each game once. Is this a sync error or something on my side or some sort of known bug? (Or is SG itself claiming I sent more copies than I did, invalidating the data that the tool fetches?)

5 years ago

Can you try using the "Clean old data" option in the settings menu to clean duplicate data?

5 years ago

So I started doing that over 24 hours ago an it's still running and hasn't even finished the first item on the list. Endless loop? I cancelled for now and started a new clean, let's see how it goes.

5 years ago

Whenever that happens you've most likely run into a bug, there's no operation on the script that could last that long. Check the console for errors (Ctrl + Shift + J).

5 years ago

Alright, since my second cleaning attempt is also stuck in a loop, I opened my console. I'm pretty clueless as to the meaning but here's what I'm left with as a red error message:

Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: Failed to execute 'createElement' on 'Document': The tag name provided ('<br>') is not a valid name.
at buildElements (chrome-extension://nfnpiihpcnhikmedmnlafbddjijbbifo/esgst.js:56409:32)
at buildElements (chrome-extension://nfnpiihpcnhikmedmnlafbddjijbbifo/esgst.js:56419:9)
at buildElements (chrome-extension://nfnpiihpcnhikmedmnlafbddjijbbifo/esgst.js:56419:9)
at createElements (chrome-extension://nfnpiihpcnhikmedmnlafbddjijbbifo/esgst.js:56364:5)
at new Popup_v2 (chrome-extension://nfnpiihpcnhikmedmnlafbddjijbbifo/esgst.js:840:37)
at ButtonSet_v2.callback1 (chrome-extension://nfnpiihpcnhikmedmnlafbddjijbbifo/esgst.js:49397:28)

5 years ago

Should be fixed.

5 years ago

Thanks, today I managed to use the old data clean without endless loop ^^

5 years ago

it suddenly stopped working...
am I the only one?

edit:
nevermind, just firefox messing up... >_>

5 years ago*

Can you add a feature to extract itstoohard and jigidi link from train with the GA extractor ?

5 years ago

Added

5 years ago

It seems to work. Thanks :)

5 years ago

It would be nice to be able to filter games depending on how many user reviews it has and not only on rating.

5 years ago

Added a "Reviews" filters for this.

5 years ago

Awesome, thanks.

5 years ago

Each synchronization I receive these notifications:
Removed packages:11762, 31292, 56692, 76710, 79867
Added apps:249650, 391720

And tag "Wishlisted" does not disappear after August 4 on every fresh win

5 years ago

Hi, sorry I never followed this issue, is it still happening?

5 years ago

Wow you updated interface. Cool!

But bugs still here

Now it

Removed packages:6346, 11762, 27375, 36904, 54001, 56692, 79867
Added apps:204880, 57690, 249650, 391720

And Wishlisted here

View attached image.
5 years ago

In the extension everything works.Thanks

5 years ago

User giveaway data stopped working. It is endlessly "calculating results", even when left there for 10 hours. Happens on Firefox and Vivaldi, Win7 and Win10.

5 years ago

Please check the console log (Ctrl + Shift + J) for errors and also check if it happens to a different user.

5 years ago

Well, it says this (picture).
Works for other users, but it does the same when I check the option to delete the cache. It just goes through the pages but does not start to load the individual giveaways.
Similarly, the extension stopped displaying my winners' names a month or so back, but the stats thing is a bit more painful. ^.^

View attached image.
5 years ago

The winners in the created page, right? They should be back. As for the User Giveaway Data issue, can you check if it happens on the latest version?

5 years ago

The winners page works now, thanks.
As for the giveaway stats, it decided to do a new error, it is endless stuck at calculating the results, even when I delete my giveaway/winners data and try to get the stats after clearing the cache.

esgst.js:1 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'public' of undefined
    at t.<anonymous> (esgst.js:1)
    at w (esgst.js:54)
    at Generator._invoke (esgst.js:54)
    at Generator.e.(anonymous function) [as next] (chrome-extension://ibedmjbicclcdfmghnkfldnplocgihna/esgst.js:54:15035)
    at n (esgst.js:1)
    at r (esgst.js:1)
    at esgst.js:1
    at new Promise (<anonymous>)
5 years ago

Edit: completely removing the entire script and re-adding it worked. Although I fear it may just have issues with several thousands of separate giveaways and winners on one account…

5 years ago

Sadly, the problem is back. If I delete the Giveaways/Main and Winners data and do a user stats calculation on myself with cache deletion enabled, it goes through all my giveaways and parses the information as it should. But after that, it refuses to look into the giveaways themselves. My winner list is not updated, and if enough of them gets missing, the stats get corrupted as well, and I need to do a data deletion and recalculation again.
It seems like it just cannot expand the existing data with new additions if there are too many winners (I have over 6000 of them).

5 years ago

See if anything changed in the latest.

5 years ago

Sadly, no. I deleted the entire extension with all data and installed the new as a fresh one, but my latest winner is yet again now showing up on the winner list and the statistic calculations are whacked. =(
Looks like I just have to be content getting these data once in a while, with total cache purges.

5 years ago

I haven't looked into the issue yet, though, I just did something in the latest update that could have been related. Someone else reported their winners not appearing as well, but since I can't reproduce the issue (not because it's not happening to me, but because I don't have anything to give away) it's harder for me to detect what's causing it.

What do you mean by the statistic calculations? I thought it was just that it didn't work on a specific profile?

5 years ago

Yeah, I meant that, my giveaway data.
Maybe it is related to having too many giveaways?

5 years ago

Is data removal supposed to remove your hidden games and blue hearts? (Data thats apart of sg not esgt)
I seem to have lost quite a few of both. (But not all cause i canciled it partway) (some 5000 hidden games and maybe 50 blue hearts :/)
When i was just trying to wipe all the saved data

5 years ago

That data is a part of ESGST, not SG, so yes, it's removed as well. Syncing should bring everything back.

5 years ago

sorry but how are hidden games and blue hearts esgst data? I get esgst parses the hidden games pages/whitelisted people pages and stores them but the underlying data is still stored in sg right?

my script started acting really funky (displaying a single game in the top right corner (from my hidden games cause mousing over the hide icon said unhide) etc and after disabling and reinableing it was the same so I decided it would be best to try and wipe all my settings to a factory state :/
its fixed that bug and I'm fine now just trying to see how it unhid a bunch of games.

5 years ago

Are you saying that ESGST actually manipulated your hidden games and blue hearts on SG? As in, it removed games from your hidden games list on SG?

5 years ago

Thats what i was asking
I havent checked it in awhile but my hidden games are down to 12k and they were close to 16-17k a few months ago.
And i had roughly 200 blue hearts a few months ago and its at 150 now (and i dont remember removing anyone?)
I was wondering if it was because of esgst because i ran then canceled data removal (and was wondering if i left it if it would have wiped everything)

Its not actually the biggest deal cause im not that active on sg anymore this is just me asking if its the culprit/low priority bug report

5 years ago

Well, that would be very strange, because ESGST isn't supposed to do that. And if I understand you correctly, you can't confirm that this happened exactly after you canceled the data removal, but that you coincidentally noticed the numbers were down after doing that, right? The blue hearts could be that some of them deleted their accounts, but I don't know if SG removes hidden games in any scenario.

5 years ago

Did the script version of ESGST (7.27.1) stop working? It's not doing anything for me today in in Tampermonkey 4.7.5788 in Firefox 62.0. It's showing as enabled in Tampermonkey, but there's no ESGST pulldown next to "Help," and none of its functions are working. (I also cleared my Firefox cache and restarted the browser. No luck).

However, it's still working for me in Firefox Android on my tablet, using the Firefox Android extension (not userscript).

5 years ago

I installed the Firefox extension and disabled the TamperMonkey script. It works now, but my configuration and data is all gone. (or at least not accessible to the extension).

Incidentally, I'm also using a script version of Social Fixer, which enhances Facebook. It's working fine, so I know the problem isn't that TamperMonkey itself stopped working.

5 years ago

Yeah, other people have reported the script stopping to work out of nowhere for some reason. I have no idea why that happens. If you didn't delete the script, try disabling it and re-enabling it again, or downgrading to a previous version and upgrading back to the current one. Maybe that makes it work again so you can get your configuration and data.

5 years ago

DragonulRed's suggestion worked - Disabling and enabling the script doesn't do anything, but disabling and re-enabling TamperMonkey seemed to make it come back alive. I think I'd rather use a native extension, so I'll save off my configuration & data and import them into the extension. Thanks!

5 years ago

Go to addons and disable Tampermonkey , reactivate Tampermonkey and go to or refresh steamgifts.com should work now. This is how I did for me and it's working now.

5 years ago

Thanks! I had tried disabling and re-enabling ESGST within TamperMonkey, but disabling and re-enabling TamperMonkey itself was the key.

5 years ago

Is there a feature to hide entered giveaways or im blind?

5 years ago

Giveaway Filters > Multiple Filters, then follow the instructions.

5 years ago

thanks

5 years ago

For some time I've been having trouble with the Comment Formatting Helper. The pop-ups and "Add" buttons don't work right and recently I wasn't able to copy&paste something into the comment field at all. I'm using the browser extension (Firefox) and everything is up to date.
Console says:

TypeError: "emojiData is undefined"
cfh_getEmojismoz-extension://e883bf9e-0160-4780-81d2-e8152b4bf757/esgst.js:27839:9
cfh_getEmojismoz-extension://e883bf9e-0160-4780-81d2-e8152b4bf757/esgst.js:27833:12

Also, all the buttons that come after the emoji button are gone. If I kick the emoji button out, the rest seems to work just fine.

5 years ago

Workaround: disable Emojis. That should work until I fix it.

5 years ago

I don't know what setting is doing it. I gave up trying to figure it out. But every time I try to sync I'm locked out of Steam with an "unauthorized access violation" on all browsers and all PCs I've tried for at least an hour after syncing before the problem goes away until I sync again. It doesn't seem to affect the Steam client but it's annoying and half of the giveaways have a red question mark instead of the tags and other info I have set with ESGST so I just uninstalled it and have had no issues since unless I reinstall ESGST and try it again. I would like to use it again because I miss many of the features. If you could tell me what setting to change to prevent this issue I would be very happy. Seems like it may be making too many requests to the servers and Steam gives me a time-out for it. This is on the current (and past) versions of Firefox using both the extension and the userscript (not simultaneously of course) and has been happening for almost a month now. I just tried the current version extension a few minutes ago and it did the same thing so it's uninstalled again and I'm once again waiting to regain access to Steam on both Firefox and Edge. I used to also have Chrome to check out this problem and Steam breaks on Chrome for about an hour too. What is causing this? Please help. Since it's uninstalled now I have no logs of course.

5 years ago

When you reinstall it, it does the same thing with all of the settings in their default (disabled) state?

5 years ago

I actually haven't checked for that. Guess I'll try it again but it's going to be a PITA to check every setting to figure out what is doing it and still use the features I want. Thanks for the suggestion.

5 years ago

No, you don't need to check any setting. When you install the script everything comes disabled. So I was asking if the issue still happens in that scenario, or if you're restoring your data after reinstalling.

5 years ago

I haven't been restoring my data but it appears that the issue had to do with the Limit requests to the Steam Store not being activated. Thanks for your help. All is good again!

5 years ago

Ah ok, I forgot to mention that. Perhaps this is something that should come enabled by default.

5 years ago

Do you have 7.2.1 Limit requests to the Steam store enabled? This setting should prevent these temporarily bans from steam. You should also make sure that you've disabled 8.22 Retrieve game names when syncing to avoid a ban from syncing your games.
As a temporarily workaround to regain access to steam without waiting for an hour you can change your IP address.

5 years ago

Aha! It was the 7.2.1 Limit requests to the Steam store one that was messing with me. I don't recall that as being a setting that I've needed to mess with before. Did Steam change something recently that required the setting to be added? Maybe it should be made a permanent thing and not something that can be toggled on/off.

Thank you for your help. My SG experience is enjoyable again. 🙂

5 years ago

It's optional because some people don't need it and of course ESGST is faster without it. I'm not sure if valve recently changed something but I always had problems without it so I'm happy revilheart/gsrafael01 implemented it.

5 years ago

I don't understand the "some people don't need it" comment. I live in the U.S., near Seattle actually so I'm practically in Valve's front yard, have almost the fastest internet speed offered in this country by any provider, and have a new PC. What is suddenly causing that issue to appear to where it was needed to add the feature and why do some need it and some do not? What ESGST feature is flooding Valve with requests that much all of a sudden? Or what has Valve changed that broke ESGST? I've been using this script since almost day 1 and I've never had this problem.

5 years ago

ESGST only sends a lot of requests to valve servers if you sync games, have a lot of new games and have the option for game names activated (8.22) or if you use some of the game categories features like categories, ratings, trading cards and so on. This can lead up to three requests per giveaway (explanation by revilheart) and if you have some pages with some giveaways open that can lead to an high amount of requests to valve.
All this wouldn't be a problem but Valve uses some kind of DDOS protection and it seems they use different settings for different regions or they didn't activate it for all regions. I'm just guessing here but as 7.2.1 got implemented some people complained that ESGST loads categories a lot slower here. They doesn't seem to get blocked by Valve. As long as I use ESGST I had the problems with the categories.

5 years ago

Thanks for your reply and that link to revilheart's comment. Makes much more sense now! So I will continue to blame Valve as usual.

5 years ago

I don't think it's regional, I just think it depends on the type of user that you are. I personally never open more than one giveaway page at the same time, I only check my wishlist page when there are open giveaways, and my group page every once in a while. And since my wishlist page is almost always a lot of giveaways for the same games, there aren't many requests to make there. I've never received the Steam ban while browsing SG with ESGST (I did receive it while testing ESGST features though).

5 years ago

Perhaps that's exactly why you need it. For someone who has slower connection, things may take a while to load, so there's no problem, but if your connection is too fast, things may load all at the same time, and that's a problem for the Steam API.

But there are many other cases where people don't need it, it depends.

5 years ago

I'm too fast for my own good? I can live with that. 😂

After having slow internet for years if this is the only problem I'm gonna have then it's all good.

5 years ago

Thank you gsrafael01 (again?) for this awesome tool! I have some suggestions to improve it

• For 2.14.4 - Only extract from the current giveaway onward. Usually I keep it disabled but sometimes I need to use this option manually so it'd be nice to see a separate button on header. For example, this is usefull when I run out of point on a train ride to bookmark last entered cart and continue later
  • Hows about automatically adding invite only giveaway to bookmarks when you press "enter" and have not enough points
  • And is there a way to highlight wishlisted giveaways with background (like in Steam script on screenshot #1) in GA extractor and maybe when wishlisted GA is opened for invite only giveaways. Also it'd be nice to load it prior to other categories and even better to have it separate cause sometimes categories don't work properly (I have Machinarium wishlisted on screenshot #2 but there is no label on it)

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago*

It was slightly different before (rafaelgs18). :P

I'll look into your suggestions later.

5 years ago

1 and 2 were added.

But as for the 3rd one, I'd rather not do that. There are already a lot of ways to highlight wishlisted giveaways (with Game Categories, filtering them with Giveaway Filters etc). Game Categories already has an option that loads it prior to others, it's called "Show categories that do not need to be fetched from Steam instantly.".

5 years ago

Thank you!
About 3rd - I have this option enabled and still can't see wishlisted tags. I mean I have never seen that tag on any page.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Thats how looking my "entered" page (almost every GA there is for wishlisted game)

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago

Did you sync your wishlisted games in the ESGST menu?

5 years ago

Yep. That was the problem. Somewhy it didn't want to sync manually (with 0 days options). Now its all fine.
Thanks a lot

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

How do I upload my ESGST settings that I downloaded from one computer to a new computer that is running the script as well?

5 years ago

There's a button with an arrow going down in the heading of the settings menu. When you hover over it, it should say "Restore data". Then toggle the Settings option, select the file from your computer and restore it.

5 years ago

Thanks a lot, don't know how I missed that myself :D

5 years ago

Bug: 7.27.3 (Dev.3) unlocked giveaway columns in gridview.

ReferenceError: giveaways_getSource is not defined
    at giveaways.forEach.giveaway (esgst.js:19114)
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at gv_setContainer (esgst.js:19066)
    at giveaways_load (esgst.js:36522)
5 years ago

I haven't finished working on issue #925 yet, the whole dragging system is being revamped.

5 years ago

The new dragging system should be fully functional in Dev.4.

If you used the data- attributes from the draggable elements in your styles, they were renamed from data-columnid to data-draggable-id and data-dragid to data-draggable-key.

5 years ago

The grid view popout needs some work. Resetting the giveaway heading places everything after the two line breaks, and can't be dragged before or between those line breaks. Also copies highlight color seems to be missing in action.

Edit: copy highlight only missing in pinned giveaways, was it never there to begin with?

5 years ago*

I always forget to test grid view...

Yes, it never worked there, because pinned giveaways always have multiple copies. This was a request of the person that suggested the feature, but if you want I can add it there.

5 years ago

Happy cake day! 🎂

5 years ago

It was delicious 😊

5 years ago

Hello, is there a translator in this script to translate into Spanish and also the other languages?

5 years ago

Not at the moment.

5 years ago

okay, but it would be good if I read in Spanish what others are saying and obviously I will speak in English.

5 years ago

It's not a priority for me. SG is in English, so you are already required to know English in order to use it.

5 years ago

Since when did I say it's a priority for you? it was only a question, and the second response was an opinion and also a good idea, have a good day.

5 years ago

Chill, dude. You were clearly requesting such feature, otherwise you wouldn't have asked and expressed your opinion. I simply responded to you explaining why I won't implement your request.

5 years ago

Are orders ordered here? I did not know anything, just enter to download this script that helps me well, and comment ... the rest I said in good faith.
chill? what? please ... I'm not hot.

5 years ago

For now the script seems to work fine on Edge, few bugs here and there with some settings but overall works well. Tamper monkey was used and installation is a bit obscure and the extension is a bit broken although it's quite easily manageable.

5 years ago

Is there a wiki or otherwise how to guide? I am looking for where extracted giveaways are cached, if at all.

5 years ago

There's no wiki. Extracted giveaways are not cached.

5 years ago

oh, bummer. i'm asking because the community train crashes my chrome browser ... would be lovely if there was some way to hide already owned items in the lists it pulls up too, since it's a list of well over 3000 now...

5 years ago

I'll see what I can do to ease that.

Hiding items is already possible with Giveaway Filters.

5 years ago

Hi, got a little problem: my pc suddenly refuses to boot.
I'll try to access my hd later to save some data in case I need to format: can you tell me in which folder esgst keeps saved giveaways? I have so many saved from the community train 3.0 I'd really like to avoid losing them, if only for all that time needed to go through them..

5 years ago

What OS and browser did you use?

5 years ago

Windows 7 and Chrome

5 years ago

See if it's somewhere around here: C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions

5 years ago

When the ESGST tries to sync it gets stuck in ''Saving your whitelist/blacklist (this may take a while)...''. I don't remember seeing this before. Could you let me know if i can do sth to fix it or if it is a script issue?

5 years ago

Check the console log for errors (Ctrl + Shift + J).

5 years ago

5 years ago

Can you see if this still happens in v8.0.1?

5 years ago

Yes i've updated to v8.0.1 and it's still there. :/
I get the first 4 lines when i load steamgifts and the last one when i try to sync ESGST and it gets stuck in 'Saving your whitelist/blacklist (this may take a while)...''.
https://imgur.com/Zk30yee

5 years ago

In update 8.0.2 everything works fine again. Thanks rafael! :)

5 years ago

1. Rating Category does not seem to work for me.
  2. Sync to Dropbox:
    An error ocurred when uploading the file. SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data Error in call to API function "files/upload": Bad HTTP "Content-Type" header: "text/plain; charset=UTF-8". Expecting one of "application/octet-stream", "text/plain; charset=dropbox-cors-hack"
5 years ago*

1. It doesn't load for any giveaway?
  2. Already aware.
5 years ago

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago

Just a small suggestion. Is it possible to implement displaying time to cap aside from mouseovering on points amount and in more convenient way?
While i was unaware that feature already implemented in ESGST i came up with something like next, except I messed timezones and some rare cases.

var points = document.getElementsByClassName("nav__points")[0].innerText
var tDate = new Date();
var xDate = new Date();
var fDay = ""
var xDate = new Date(xDate.setMinutes(xDate.getMinutes() + (Math.floor((400-points)/6)+1)*15));
xDate.getDate() == tDate.getDate() ? fDay = "today" : fDay = "tomorrow";
exPoints = document.createElement('div');
exPoints.style.marginRight = "10px";
exPoints.innerText = "Points will overflow " + fDay + " in " + xDate.getHours() + ":" + xDate.getMinutes();
document.getElementsByClassName("nav__right-container")[0].insertBefore(exPoints,document.getElementsByClassName("nav__right-container")[0].firstChild)
5 years ago

Added

5 years ago

well it suddenly disappeared and couldnt do userscript like i did last time so extention it is! im glad opera is the same as chrome for unpacking. Also thank you for this made it easier to check stuff on this site

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.