UPDATE NOVEMBER 30 2021

It's reported broken. Since a similar functionality has been integrated in ESGST and I'm lacking free time, please use ESGST and consider this script dead. Thanks to anyone who used it for the years it worked :)

UPDATE APRIL 14 2018

Version 0.3.3 has been released. It's available here: Clicky

• bug fixes on both client and server sides
  • please note that it is possible to have totally empty results if everyone in your whitelist have their games data privacy set to private or friends only

Previous update::

• now supporting Steam's new wishlist layout (no API for wishlist games !)
  • removed the 700 max items limit: now even big wishlists are imported

Please let me now if you encounter issues

Update August 27 2017:

A full rewrite of the result page on the server side: nothing to update on your side

=> now using Bootstrap CSS so your eyes should stop bleeding like before
=> page rewritten with Angular framework (you probably don't care if you are not a dev)
=> added function to auto-display (or hide) users name for all games
=> added ITAD links for each game (they are generated on the fly, so it may be a not 100% accurate process)
=> enabled for SG whitelist and for the few groups using this privately
=> new function incoming available: a search function which allows to type part of a game name and get matching games on the fly. The search is made on the server on all games, so you'll be able to find matching game #150 while only displaying top 100 games. If you don't find a game, it means that no one in your whitelist has wishlisted it (or that my search engine is broken !).

I will be very happy to read any feedback on this, including improvement suggestions, and bug reports. Also reports of proper functionning are welcome (feel free to state what browser you are using) !

SG Whitelist Tools

Main purpose: display the wishlist of your whitelist
Also with tools to easily import / export / empty your whitelist and your blacklist

Changelog for the last client-side release update:

• client script has been rewritten for (hopefully) less conflicts with other user scripts
  • the old buttons have been replaced with left menu items, using SG stylesheets
  • quick and dirty script messages and my awful modal popup have been replaced with HTML / CSS integration
  • all syncronous AJAX calls have been replaced by asyncronous ones (Chrome users should see the difference !)
  • import / export / empty functions have been made available for the blacklist management page too
  • using the whitelist wishlist function will now trigger a version check, making easy for users to keep using the future updates

Older changes:

• Now, steam wishlists are cached and refreshed by server on a daily basis. That means that, once a steam user has been used in a whitelist, his wishlist will be available for future use without the need of reading data from steam again.
  • User are kept in the refresh list as long as they are in a whitelist used in the last 30 days.
  • Private profiles are of course ignored like before (wishlists are not public for them)
  • List of user names for each wishlisted game is not displayed by default anymore. Result page is smaller, and this information is still available if you need it, just click on the right of the game picture, where the number of users wanting this game is showed.
  • Added a rank number before the name of each game (games are ranked by the amount of users having them in wishlist, with gaps in number sequence to reflect the "ex aequo")

Any feedback will be welcome, I'll do my best to fix any bug you will find. I have made some testing but I can't garantee that nothing will go wrong. Don't use the script if you can't take the risk :)

Thanks to HiroHiro for the good testing, and to Psycho345 and BarefootMonkey for the few lines of code I borrowed from them ^^ Also thanks to ESGST for the ready-to-use regular expression for ITAD links :)

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

That sounds good, what are the results displayed exactly ? Does it show which games are the most wishlisted ?

9 years ago

Actually it shows the full list, sorted from most wanted to least wanted, with number of people and user names.

9 years ago

That's really nice, I recently started to build my whitelist and I was wondering if such a tool existed, thank you very much ^^

9 years ago

Like this? http://www.steamgifts.com/group/SJ7Bu/steamgifts/wishlist
Will check it later.

Happy Cake Day!!!

8 years ago

Hey thank you :)
In fact yes and no:
yes because it shows the aggregated wishlist of a group of people
no because the people are from YOUR SG whitelist only
Now getting to a flat place in front of my TV/gaming screen, because I drunk too much Don Papa after the family meal I'm coming back from :)

8 years ago

Cool, testing now.
Edit: Works nicely :D

9 years ago*

Thanks, happy to read that :)

9 years ago

Can't be installed from website on Google Chrome Version 41.0.2272.118 m

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

9 years ago

Thanks for the info. I only tested it with firefox for now, I'll check Chrome / Tampermonkey ASAP :)

9 years ago

Installation is done simply by clicking swwf.user.js ? I get this message :applications, extensions and user scripts cannot be added from this website (I'm on Chrome 42.0.2311.82 beta-m (64-bit))

9 years ago

Ha, I suppose I must have Tampermonkey, sorry

9 years ago

Yes, it needs a script engine like Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (Chrome). Quite useful anyway in my humble opinion :)

9 years ago

Yep, works now, thanks ^^ (even if I can't really afford to give away the top games anyway :D)

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

9 years ago

Thanks for the feedback !

9 years ago

This is what I get when clicking on the downloaded file.

View attached image.
9 years ago

Oops, don't run random downloaded files to avoid trouble !! This one is not malicious, but you never know.
I guess the file got downloaded (and not installed) because you don't have Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey installed. You can check back the script page for a link to do it, if you want.
The downloaded file is pretty useless as it is supposed to run in a browser / SG whitelist page context.

9 years ago

Sweet, will grab it and try again. :)

9 years ago

I must say this is pretty sweet and I can cater for games that most of my wishlist would like to have. Great job m0l0!

9 years ago

I'm using Chrome with Tampermonkey and everything works fine. Pretty neat addon, good job!

9 years ago

I am using Firefox and Greasemonkey.
This works well.

9 years ago

Thanks, works great!

9 years ago

Takes a good while to load, but works perfectly. Thank you m0l0, very useful.

Using Firefox and Greasemonkey.

9 years ago

Cool thing! Much appreciated ^^
Works fine for me on Firefox :).

9 years ago

Thanks for letting me know about this. Very nicely done. Though the way it works (at least on my Chrome) is a bit odd. It opens up a new tab and starts processing users but stops at user #2 on that tab and opens up another new tab from which it worked on users #3 and up. Why two tabs? The first tab always launched without problem but the second tab always got caught by Chrome's pop-up filter (of course I disabled filter once I realized what was going on).

Other than that minor little thing it works great :) Thanks!

9 years ago

Indeed, had the same issue in Chrome. Had to enable pop-ups for http://autogestct.cluster011.ovh.net in Settings -> Content Settings. Now it's running ok (user 19 of 222, will be a while...)

9 years ago

This is very useful. I'm trying it right now and it works fine so far. I'm using Firefox with Greasemonkey. I only wish I had known about it yesterday :(
Thank you very much for your work.

9 years ago

Neat, I was missing that. Thank you!
At last I found a group where GTA5 is not number 1

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 days ago.

9 years ago*

Thank you all for your feedbacks. I'm looking at the tab problem with Chrome, I can reproduce it, but I have no idea why it's happening (yet, I hope). Digging :)

9 years ago

It's now working properly on my side with Chromium / Tampermonkey. I'd be happy to know if it's also fixed for people who reported the problem...
PS Fix is on the server side, nothing to upgrade on your end.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago*

Good, thanks for the info Yunie :)

9 years ago

I did not encounter any problem with the button on my side, with FF or Chromium... The way it's done, it has to wait for the complete load of the page to work properly. I do that by adding an event listener to the page, it works for me but I think it can conflict with some other modules.
What SG addons are you using, if any ? And can you reproduce this bug, or is it totally random ?

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Thanks, I installed SG++ on Chromium, activated all the options, and refreshed the WL management page a dozen times without having troubles with the button. I'll try on a Windows computer with Chrome when possible, but for now I'm unable to reproduce this error, sorry.

9 years ago

Deleted

9 years ago

Deleted

8 years ago

Thanks a lot, good to know ! I hope it doesn't make the conflicting module stop working, at worse you can enable my script only when needed... Have a nice day Yunie

8 years ago

I have no use for it but it's really a great idea, thanks :)

9 years ago

I got ---- Error: cannot work with less than 2 entries in wishlist.
But "both" in my Whitelist had a quite big wishlist, after adding a third person to my whitelist the script works.
(Ok maybe using thee script with only 2 people makes no sense, but we are testing....sooo :-) )

9 years ago

Thanks for the report. This part was untested since I have about 100 users in my WL and didn't want to remove them... Now it should work as intended: 1 user in WL => same message, 2+ users in WL => normal process. If you have a spare minute to try it and confirm it's working it would be nice :)

9 years ago

unfortunately...your script motivated me to do some giveaways again.....so I searched my old puzzle-threads and now my whitelist is much bigger

9 years ago

Well, that sounds good :)

9 years ago

i think it would be a good idea to limit it to 50-100-200 games from wishlist...if you have 10 guys like me on your wishlist you must run it few days before making the giveaway xD

9 years ago

Yeah, I thought about that and I'm still undecided, but it would be very simple to implement. I may start by hiding games that are wishlisted by only one user...

9 years ago

that's cool ;D

9 years ago

Wow, that's cool! I don't know if I'd be able to do much with it since I never have money or much of a whitelist, but the people who do those big giveaways will be able to make people even happier!

9 years ago

it works wonderfully

thank you

8 years ago

Bump for this and thanks!

8 years ago

Calling HiroHiro..he wanted this for so long...
Thanks m0l0

8 years ago

Bump and a thank you :)

8 years ago

Tested with 171 entries. Works great (slow, but great) :P

8 years ago

Works like a charm, thank you!
And no, I won't buy my whitelist GTAV :D

8 years ago