hey guys, is it true it is uncut on steam in germany? thx

5 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I was wondering if germans have tried to reformulate this type of legislation or they're OK with it? I mean, I believe it's because what happened 50 years ago and maybe some laws were imposed to them after the war ended. If a german or someone that knows about this subject could shed some light I would be glad to hear it.

5 years ago

Such modifications are made to pass the youth protection laws that are enforced by the Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons or to receive a lower age-rating from the USK.

Most of us are younger than these laws and as such we are used to them.
I believe most people disagree with the censorship of violence and nazi symbols, luckily those rarely happen nowadays and if they do, there is a slightly modified version that is legal in Germany.

The number of titles that would be illegal to publicly advertise/sell/show is constantly decreasing, in 2018 this only applied to two games (both for displaying underage girls in questionable ways).
Here and here are two lists with all games or versions thereof that are in some way illegal to distribute.

It's an interesting topic, but was mainly relevant in the 90s and early 2000s, with things like people in games being replaced by robots or sitting down and shaking their head instead of dying and removed blood/gore.

5 years ago*

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

5 years ago

Yes, I remember the cencored Version of Half-Life, it was better than the uncencored one. But it is the only game where the cencorship was fun

5 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.