Hi people,
I've never been too active in forums here on Steamgifts nor for creating giveaways. My comments are mostly related to thanking people who made GA's I won. You can check my stats by yourself finding the giveaways I entered, the ones I have won, the ones I sent, comments, and so on. I know many people judge a person from his stats and I don't complain about it. Feel free to blacklist me if you are able to rate a person from his profile. I'm not here to gain your favors.

Coming to us...
I want your "help" by writing down a game you would like to receive if you will be eventually picked at the end of... my degree.
I have collected 15 out of 120 ECTs so far, and I'm planning to select the winner the day after my graduation (unfortunately unknown).

The rules are simple:

• 1 entry each
  • You can write down the game (possibly Steam) you would like to receive starting from now to the day before my graduation
  • If you have already selected the game you would like to win if selected, you can change it until the day before my graduation

Updates

15/09/2020: The thread has been created (15/120 ECTs)
15/01/2021: +6 ECTs (21/120 ECTs)
18/01/2021: +6 ECTs (27/120 ECTs)
10/02/2021: +3 ECTs (30/120 ECTs)
14/06/2021: +6 ECTs (36/120 ECTs)
15/06/2021: +9 ECTs (45/120 ECTs)
29/06/2021: +9 ECTs (54/120 ECTs)
11/11/2021: +6 ECTs from internship (60/120 ECTs)
17/01/2022: +6 ECTs (66/120 ECTs)
24/05/2022: +9 ECTs (75/120 ECTs, this was a tough one)
21/06/2022: +6 ECTs (81/120 ECTs)
16/09/2022: +6 ECTs (87/120 ECTs)
15/02/2023: +9 ECTs (96/120 ECTs, the hardest one)
xx/04/2023: Everything is completed...

Important notes!

Since the studies are going quite well, I would like to add some new notes to this thread. In particular, I would inform you that the exams account for a total of 90 ECTs out of 120. The remaining 30 are split between an internship (6 ECTs) and the thesis (24 ECTs). At the end of the 90 ECTs linked to the exams, I will be able to anticipate if multiple winners will be picked (it will depend on my estimated graduation mark).

Important notes! #2

Considering some of the comments about the "picking method" I finally decided to collect all the information by myself and try to contact one of the admins of Steamgifts to let him/her run the wheel.

Last Important notes

Dear guys...my journey has come to an end...I finally did it. Now that everything is completed, I can officially say that I received the honors from the commission for my grades and the thesis. I want to thank my parents, my brothers, and my girlfriend, who helped me to stay focused and supported me through the whole academic path.
Since now, 18 May 2023, I close the entries for this event, which lasted for more than 2 years...I really want to thank everyone of you guys, for the support and for the kind words spread during my master's degree. They really helped me to achieve my results. Without being emotional, let's shift to the spicy part:

FINALLY, THE WINNER IS...

slurredprey

The selection has been made through the well-known "Wheel of Fortune", under the supervision of a SteamGifts moderator, which kindly helped me in setting everything up for a correct draw. Above you can see the video of the selection

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Is this giveaway related to your thesis? (thank you Filipi for first asking)

• Short answer: NO. This is just an idea that jumped to my mind to keep me up during the last "scholastic" months of my life.

2) Why are you doing this? (thank you PeterShepard for first asking)

• Basically graduation day is one of the most important days in our life (I guess?)...I already have a bachelor but I think that it isn't the same thing as a master's degree. In a few words, I would like to share my happiness with one of you, who followed in some way my journey

3) What kind of help do you need? (thank you Bo0Mz for first asking)

• I don't need any "material" help for my journey neither for exams nor (future) thesis. I just want you to write down the game of your dreams and have a free chance to win it

4) What are your plans? What are you majoring in? (thank Neomixer for first asking)

• I'm attending a master's degree in finance

5) When's your graduation? (thank you Filipi again for first asking)

• This is the point of the "game". My graduation date is potentially unknown (even to myself). I obviously want to graduate as soon as possible but you have to consider this is a long-term event (I would like to believe early 2022 is more than likely EDIT: Ahah, NO paolo)

6) What does ECT stand for? (thank you PossiblePsycho for first asking)

• ECTs stands for "European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System" which expresses the weight of each exam in the degree. For our purpose, you can see them as the "progress" of my journey

7) How is going your journey?

• Well, I will update this thread as soon as I increase my ECTs. The next increase is likely to be in January 2021.

8) Can I wait for a closer day to choose my pick?

• Of course, but keep in mind that, since the journey is expected to take some time, you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation

9) Do you plan on going for a doctorate? (thank you RaisinCookiesAreGood for first asking)

• Even if I enjoy helping students, I think that the journey would be too long for me...and after years of studying, I feel a bit tired. I would like to apply what I've studied and maybe find a quiet place to work

P.s: I thank everyone who helps me in formatting text or makes this thread cuter. Every suggestion is welcome.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you like to help me taking my grade writing down a game you would like to receive if you are picked?

View Results
Yeah, why not...after all it's always free
No, I really don't care about your life
Yes, do your best!
You will fail miserably

All the very best mate.

I'm a philosopher in my own heart. I frequently meditate and ponder over things. I like to relate to my chakra and am a firm believer of universal Vibrations and that your desires manifest depending on the kind of vibrations you send out to the universe.

As an example,
When you say “I want this to happen,” you emit an unspoken vibration within you that holds on to the absence of your desire. The strong, demanding language is resisting your manifestations from happening.

Instead of framing your desires with an “I want” or an “I need” statement, I like to reframe them with “Wouldn’t it be nice if…?”.

This reframing of your desires softens your request to the Universe and puts you in a better vibration. A vibration that is a closer match with your desires.

So mate Wouldn't it be nice if i won a copy of Death Stranding for a experiencing a truly master piece story

1 year ago

I really like such a positive attitude, probably because I lack it... I am that kind of person who sets himself in the "worst-case-scenario" and do not expect anything from events

1 year ago

I think it's better not to set the bar too high for yourself. Otherwise you will disappoint yourself if you did not reach it, despite making progress towards your end goal.

If you set the bar to an achievable level, then you can be happy with the steps you've taken, and even better if you exceed it. 😊

1 year ago

The real problem with me is my extreme and hidden ambition. However, I perfectly know I am not a genius, but most likely an average guy with a hard-working approach to life. I perfectly know I will not reach the moon, it is clear, but I have the tendency to push myself and try to reach my limits. The master's degree has already been difficult from my point of view, many variables came in, but now it's almost completed and I am looking for the next challenge...
Even if I reach a result, I am happy for like a few hours, maximum 1 day. I know I am not truly enjoying it but I just look forward to the next challenge.
Taking an example, I did not celebrate my bachelor's degree...just because I thought that I had to take the master's one before taking a breath.

1 year ago

Keep in mind that you have to learn to walk before running, when a kid begins to walk, it's not "hey now I'm walking yay", it takes steps and missteps and that's the important part to remember about walking.
There will be moment when you'll trip, those moments will uncover area you need to work on for eventually walking then running. Trust in yourself and don't forget that it takes time and it's ok if you trip.

1 year ago

I can write a lot about developing positive attitude. Took me many years to reach my zen mode.

But if somebody asks me for a single point of advise as to how to begin the journey, i do have that one advise.

Practising Gratitude
Being thankful for all the little things in our lives, around us, in form of nature, or materialistic needs. This single habit spirals you towards the greater learnings.

1 year ago

I think I am stuck at this level...fortunately I developed this kind of sensibility some years ago and I never let it go. Unfortunately being too sensible changes also your nature...and in this worlds of lions, you may be exchanged for a prey

1 year ago

Wherever you are man, just look around you, try to identify 3 things you are thankful about. nobody is stuck anywhere, neither in the ups nor in the downs.
It's all sine wave, equal ups, equal downs.

But alas, you aren't graduating in philosophy so i am no help to you at all hahaha

1 year ago

hahaha yeah :D Jokes aside, I can definitely identify more than 3 things ;)

1 year ago

It's great. Just think about those things. Imagine how they change your life and have gratitude for them.
How's your thesis going on?

1 year ago

I can finally confirm I ended it :)

1 year ago

That's nice to hear. Congratulation :D

1 year ago

And Graduated in April ;)

11 months ago

Hearty Congratulations once again!
That's a leap in the future! :)

11 months ago

Thank you so much bud! :) Wish you the best too! :)

11 months ago

The graduation itself is not the "real" goal. What is important is what you are going to do with the knowledge you accumulate.
The effort you put into getting your degree is just a way for your to demonstrate to the world that you can achieve something if you put your heart into it, without giving up along the way.

Keep it up!

Fallout 4 would be plenty.

1 year ago

"The effort you put into getting your degree is just a way for your to demonstrate to the world that you can achieve something if you put your heart into it, without giving up along the way."

This is for me the true meaning of the uni, after my years passed taking exams on exams. Most of the time knowledge gained during the courses is useless, dated, minimal, or incomplete. It is only upon us to dig into the details and transform an insight into an idea, which can be really useful in real life.

1 year ago

Congratulations! 2 more exams to go, you are nearly there at the finishing line!
I wish you all the best with the rest of your studies and know all your hard work will pay off :D

Would love to try out The Last of Us™ Part I if I got the chance!

1 year ago*

I don't want to illude myself about the post-graduation journey...but you bet guys I will keep you updated :)

1 year ago

Congrats and good luck ! Do what makes u happy.
And for the game Dying Light 2 Stay Human i would choose

1 year ago

Thank you so much for joining :)

1 year ago

so nice to reply everyone. So kind of u ^^

1 year ago

I just hate when somebody doesn't :D

1 year ago

ofc u do :D

1 year ago

The upcoming COD game would be nice, but sadly that isn't coming out till October 28, so I'll go with Horizon Zero Dawn.

1 year ago

Well, from your sentence, you assume I will be done before 28 October...I'll tell you a secret then, if everything goes well and as planned, you may be right ;)

1 year ago

Fun fact: October 28 is my birthday, so it'll be a gift I can't afford. Let's just pray it wouldn't be as bad as BF2042.

1 year ago

Maybe luck will bless you :)

1 year ago

I hope you have some successful exams! I've just started university and it's been a bit hard adjusting, so I can only imagine how difficult these exams are, haha.
I guess if I was to choose a game, it would Cardfight Vanguard Dear Days

View attached image.
1 year ago*

Thank you for joining us! Well, to be honest with you, I don't think I have never ever really "adjusted" myself to Uni schedules and times...I just think I found out one of my hard-to-admit limits...I am a (hopefully) powerful but slow machine...

Edit: Don't let anyone judge your journey. Move on following your path and your dreams...It is hard to swallow and to deal with everyday life, looking at successful people with zero problems mushrooming from everywhere...be strong and resilient

1 year ago*

Hope You Graduate with Metal and Medals(see what I did there?).I wish you good luck for your Future.Hmm, since we are just guessing that I can be picked as a winner and that we are guessing when you'll graduate,I would like to make a Blind Shot(regarding the game to ask for depending if it might be given by Epic for Free before your grad or might release after your grad,both have same probability).I'll choose RedFall by Arkane Studios(Deathloop/Dishonored Guys).A Graduation Gift(Free Game) is a gift/game,so you can give any if I win but my Blindshot is Redfall(hoping it releases same time as your grad,i.e believing it releases and you graduate soon :) ).Thanks for this Activity/Event.God Bless Ya.

1 year ago

You are more than welcome :) you can adjust your pick depending on the promotions released by Epic meanwhile :D

1 year ago

87/120,only Thesis and internship remain....You are so close man,good job.You've made quite a progress and very well too.so,Congrats for making such great progress and...I need your prayers too regarding my studies which are going Bumpy due to no fault of mine(fate).Anyway,lets see when you graduate,and here's to hoping that you graduate with Medals and Metal! (had to do it again).

1 year ago

Now just waiting time :D

1 year ago

I wish you the best of luck for your future endeavours and life.
(Not changing my pick,Redfall it is)

1 year ago

Noted :)

11 months ago

Congrats on having more exams done! You're getting close now, mate!

Your work ethic is going to carry you further than you yet realize.

1 year ago

I hope it will be as you mention...skills and competencies aside (which I am not even sure of), I hope that employers will look at my work ethic too and will be able to evaluate also this aspect

Feel free to choose a game and enter the GA :)

1 year ago

Wow, thanks! And let me know if I can be of any help with career advice, etc. I'm...kinda old for a gamer. But that also means I have a nearly 30-year career in IT. Happy to help with direction if I can. :)

For a game, I'd like either:

Stray
The Missing: JJ Macfield and the Island of Memories
Endling: Extinction is Forever, or
Prehistoric Kingdom

Choices are there in case I'm selected, and if any of them are on sale, please choose the most affordable one. I know what expenses look like when you're first starting out after school. 😎👍

1 year ago

Thank you for your kind words and for your help! :)

1 year ago

Good luck man. Hope you can pull through and get an honorary degree!
My choice: elden ring

1 year ago

Well if I am going to, (spoiler) I think I will pick more than one winner...but I would like to say nothing more before the end of the exams :D

1 year ago

Congrats and good luck! If I'm chosen, I'd love the Halo Infinite campaign.

1 year ago

Thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

Happy to! Best of luck for your last exam!!

1 year ago

Noone left now :)

1 year ago

I graduated 3 times. Did M.A. degree in 4 years (exceeded ECTs as I just liked it and it was an interesting studies). Wish you good luck and have fun. Studying and science are a lot of fun!

If I win, please give some money to sick children charity. When I was a kid I spent a year at hospitals, so I know how sad kids can be when they are sick.
Good luck on your studies! I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)

1 year ago

Well, honestly I did not expect an answer like your one... I am quite impressed and I have no words.

Do you have a particular foundation in mind?

1 year ago

Yes I do. A foundation providing gaming consoles for sick children in hospitals. It's very good idea to help children cope with hospital's treatment difficulties.
https://fullyloadedelectronics.com/pages/what-we-do

1 year ago

You can bet I'll keep it in mind.

1 year ago

I really hope that you'll manage to achieve your dreams, it's always nice to see people sharing those moments with us, strangers. In France we don't wish good luck because we believe that it can bring bad luck, so instead we say "SHIT", I wish you the biggest shit possible, like an elephant one plus a whole zoo as bonus.
As for the game, I'm following Stray since the day it's been announced, it's getting released this month and my excitement is as high as my wallet is empty.

1 year ago

As a true cat lover, I can't be more in line with your pick! :)
Fun fact about your uses in France :D

1 year ago

hope you the best, so far you have 81 ECT only 39 to go, and good luck you got it

and for the game if I win I want you to choose the game for me

1 year ago

I will pick from your wishlist then :)
only 33 now, and 24 are from the thesis!

1 year ago

Finding a job you love after graduating is the best.
My choice:The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition

1 year ago

I hope I will find it :) Thank you for joining us!

1 year ago

Good luck. Almost there. Also prepare to have a job line up too. That is equally as important as graduating.

I would say Sekiro just so I can play it again.

1 year ago

Yeah, actually I am spending some time looking around to (maybe) start as soon as possible and getting introduced in the industry..let's see how it goes, I may launch a "first payday giveaway" in the future, who knows! :D

1 year ago

That is really good. Never too early to start looking. Never know what you could find or who you can come into contact with that might possibly open up doors into the industry. Keep at it and good luck.

1 year ago

Wise words man :)

1 year ago

GOOD LUCK !!
Wish you the best !
And I wanna go with Cyberprank 2077

1 year ago

1 year ago

I usually use non-Eng language, so I couldn't know all about yours.
Anyway you left only 15 ECTs excluding the thesis, I hope you get good results.

My one is "Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition" that 3 in one.

1 year ago

"So far so good"...only 9 left now! :)

1 year ago

Good luck on tackling those ECT! It's always nice to hear people exciting moment of life! Embrace yourself, Job life awaits after this study phase haha.
I think I'm gonna pick "Forza Horizon 5 Premium Ed." as my games

1 year ago

I am too tired of studying...don't get me wrong, I sponsor the continuous formation but for now I am full. I don't want to stop studying, I just want to stop studying following uni rules and schedules
Thank you for joining! :)

1 year ago

You're almost there! Best of luck for the last spurt!

I'll go with The Pathless!

1 year ago

1 year ago

I've been looking at the thread occasionally since its creation, don't want anything but thought to say best of luck! Seems you're close :D

1 year ago

Yes, I am very close at this point! Just the last things to figure out and I should be done! Anyway, feel free to join if you rethink about it :)

1 year ago

Hey Paolo,
I hope you're doing okay, I'm about to graduate myself next week from my chemistry masters, the sense of relief once it's all tidied up is all worth it. Regarding the games, I would say SnowRunner for some questionably peaceful trucking :)

1 year ago

Hey there! I am definitely looking for updates from you! How the graduation date is gone? Are you working right now?

1 year ago

Graduation is all wrapped up now, it was a lovely day indeed, although an expensive one haha. I'm currently taking a break and doing a little bit of travelling over the autumn, with me planning on starting the employment process next year. Wish me luck! Speaking of which when do you finish your masters, I hope everything is going splendidly!

1 year ago

How is it going right now? :)

1 year ago

hope u do excellent on ur exams, the game I wish for would be Red Dead Redemption 2 Cyberpunk 2077. Thanks and the bestest wishes :)

1 year ago*

1 year ago

🤗

1 year ago

Hi paolo! Wish you the best ^^
My pick is Persona 5 Royal (or Strikers if Royal isn't released yet when you graduate xD)
I'll change my pick to Octopath Traveler II.

1 year ago*

Let me know if it is released or not! :) And thank you for joining :)

1 year ago

I haven't been as active as I used to on SG, but I still check the forums every now and then (mostly for gaming news et similar). When I saw this thread up on top I remembered about your Master's degree journey, and I am very happy to see you are almost at the end of the tunnel, so to speak :)

Keep up the amazing work, and for the love of all that is holy this time do a proper celebration unlike what you did on your Bachelor's degree, like you mentioned above XD You deserve to treat yourself with some fun!

1 year ago

Thank you for the kind words :) Regarding the celebration, I am the kind of guy who likes to party and knows how to, but doesn't like to be at the center of it :D I will for sure enjoy the time with my family and relatives, maybe some close friends...But over that, I don't know if I am ready for something else :D

1 year ago

Just saw that you are nearly done with your exams, so a massive congratulations! I updated my wanted game (page 12) so that it's easier to track. I'm excited to see what new updates you have. How is your last exam looking? Are are expecting it to be harder or easier than some of your previous ones?

1 year ago

Well, being utterly honest with you guys, I am in my third year of this 2-years degree...so, even if I am doing really well on my exams, I am "out" considering the uni schedules. For this reason, I know the topics of the exam and they are not so easy to handle...Anyway, looking back at what I have achieved, I must convince myself I can master it as I did with the other difficult ones...in the worst-case scenario, I can take any grade I receive from this exam, without changing my graduation mark that much :)

1 year ago

Lol, that's always a nice position to being. Having such high marks that one low mark doesn't make much of a difference. Glad you are almost at the home stretch. Keep up with the last leg. That's always the toughest in terms of motivation.

1 year ago

You bet it was! Luckily I was able to finish my last exam with a mid-tier grade, so not that bad after all :)

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.