Hi people,
I've never been too active in forums here on Steamgifts nor for creating giveaways. My comments are mostly related to thanking people who made GA's I won. You can check my stats by yourself finding the giveaways I entered, the ones I have won, the ones I sent, comments, and so on. I know many people judge a person from his stats and I don't complain about it. Feel free to blacklist me if you are able to rate a person from his profile. I'm not here to gain your favors.

Coming to us...
I want your "help" by writing down a game you would like to receive if you will be eventually picked at the end of... my degree.
I have collected 15 out of 120 ECTs so far, and I'm planning to select the winner the day after my graduation (unfortunately unknown).

The rules are simple:

• 1 entry each
  • You can write down the game (possibly Steam) you would like to receive starting from now to the day before my graduation
  • If you have already selected the game you would like to win if selected, you can change it until the day before my graduation

Updates

15/09/2020: The thread has been created (15/120 ECTs)
15/01/2021: +6 ECTs (21/120 ECTs)
18/01/2021: +6 ECTs (27/120 ECTs)
10/02/2021: +3 ECTs (30/120 ECTs)
14/06/2021: +6 ECTs (36/120 ECTs)
15/06/2021: +9 ECTs (45/120 ECTs)
29/06/2021: +9 ECTs (54/120 ECTs)
11/11/2021: +6 ECTs from internship (60/120 ECTs)
17/01/2022: +6 ECTs (66/120 ECTs)
24/05/2022: +9 ECTs (75/120 ECTs, this was a tough one)
21/06/2022: +6 ECTs (81/120 ECTs)
16/09/2022: +6 ECTs (87/120 ECTs)
15/02/2023: +9 ECTs (96/120 ECTs, the hardest one)
xx/04/2023: Everything is completed...

Important notes!

Since the studies are going quite well, I would like to add some new notes to this thread. In particular, I would inform you that the exams account for a total of 90 ECTs out of 120. The remaining 30 are split between an internship (6 ECTs) and the thesis (24 ECTs). At the end of the 90 ECTs linked to the exams, I will be able to anticipate if multiple winners will be picked (it will depend on my estimated graduation mark).

Important notes! #2

Considering some of the comments about the "picking method" I finally decided to collect all the information by myself and try to contact one of the admins of Steamgifts to let him/her run the wheel.

Last Important notes

Dear guys...my journey has come to an end...I finally did it. Now that everything is completed, I can officially say that I received the honors from the commission for my grades and the thesis. I want to thank my parents, my brothers, and my girlfriend, who helped me to stay focused and supported me through the whole academic path.
Since now, 18 May 2023, I close the entries for this event, which lasted for more than 2 years...I really want to thank everyone of you guys, for the support and for the kind words spread during my master's degree. They really helped me to achieve my results. Without being emotional, let's shift to the spicy part:

FINALLY, THE WINNER IS...

slurredprey

The selection has been made through the well-known "Wheel of Fortune", under the supervision of a SteamGifts moderator, which kindly helped me in setting everything up for a correct draw. Above you can see the video of the selection

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Is this giveaway related to your thesis? (thank you Filipi for first asking)

• Short answer: NO. This is just an idea that jumped to my mind to keep me up during the last "scholastic" months of my life.

2) Why are you doing this? (thank you PeterShepard for first asking)

• Basically graduation day is one of the most important days in our life (I guess?)...I already have a bachelor but I think that it isn't the same thing as a master's degree. In a few words, I would like to share my happiness with one of you, who followed in some way my journey

3) What kind of help do you need? (thank you Bo0Mz for first asking)

• I don't need any "material" help for my journey neither for exams nor (future) thesis. I just want you to write down the game of your dreams and have a free chance to win it

4) What are your plans? What are you majoring in? (thank Neomixer for first asking)

• I'm attending a master's degree in finance

5) When's your graduation? (thank you Filipi again for first asking)

• This is the point of the "game". My graduation date is potentially unknown (even to myself). I obviously want to graduate as soon as possible but you have to consider this is a long-term event (I would like to believe early 2022 is more than likely EDIT: Ahah, NO paolo)

6) What does ECT stand for? (thank you PossiblePsycho for first asking)

• ECTs stands for "European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System" which expresses the weight of each exam in the degree. For our purpose, you can see them as the "progress" of my journey

7) How is going your journey?

• Well, I will update this thread as soon as I increase my ECTs. The next increase is likely to be in January 2021.

8) Can I wait for a closer day to choose my pick?

• Of course, but keep in mind that, since the journey is expected to take some time, you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation

9) Do you plan on going for a doctorate? (thank you RaisinCookiesAreGood for first asking)

• Even if I enjoy helping students, I think that the journey would be too long for me...and after years of studying, I feel a bit tired. I would like to apply what I've studied and maybe find a quiet place to work

P.s: I thank everyone who helps me in formatting text or makes this thread cuter. Every suggestion is welcome.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you like to help me taking my grade writing down a game you would like to receive if you are picked?

View Results
Yeah, why not...after all it's always free
No, I really don't care about your life
Yes, do your best!
You will fail miserably

I wish you the very best of luck with your degree. =)

3 years ago

Thank you mate, feel free to choose the game you would like to recive if you will be extracted!

3 years ago

Is this "help" you're asking for a part of what you're doing for your degree, like a study or thesis, or are you simply doing this just for a fun event/giveaway?

When's your graduation by the way? September/October seems like a weird time to graduate so I can only assume you're doing this way ahead of time. Good luck with your degree though!

As for my entry, Dwarf Fortress.

3 years ago*

No, to be honest It is just an idea jumped in my mind, nothing related to my thesis. Since I'm 15/120 it will take some time and unfortunately it is a bit hard to have a forecast for the date...I guess probably Jannuary 2022.
Long term GA :)
Thank you anyway!

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

3 years ago

Just the one you already gave writing down your comment was enough mate :) thank you for participating!

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

3 years ago

I'm also not sure what help you need, so I'll just assume your graduate thesis involves conducting a survey to see what games people want the most.

As for me...I think I'll go for Mega Man 11.

3 years ago

Ahah not properly, nothing related to my thesis (I don't even know its topic at this early stage)!

3 years ago

I pick Persona 4 Golden. NieR Replicant has been announced on Steam ^.^ (dreams are free)

I am honestly curious about this, good luck! What major are your pursuing?

3 years ago*

Thank you for participatin :) I'm attending a master degree in finance

3 years ago

Seeing this discussion again was a very pleasant surprise, I'm genuinely happy for you!
Congratulations on passing your exams and good luck with your thesis!

1 year ago

Much appreciated. Thank you so much :) Now everything is just a far memory, I will pick the winner within few days :)

11 months ago

Good luck on your degree! Originally I wasn't going to request a game, but I reread your original post and it seems like the game we put is important to your degree? I'm guessing it's your thesis.

I'll enter for One Step From Eden if that's the case. If that's not the case and you're just doing the giveaway for funsies, you can disregard my entry then.

3 years ago

Thank you! However, nothing related to my thesis :) anyway I wish you would join anyway!

3 years ago

I choose FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE INTERGRADE. I'm also (like others) curious about the connection between your degree and this giveaway. Or maybe there is none and it's just for fun? 🤔

3 years ago*

Thank you for joining,
Basically the graduation day is one of the most important days in our life (I guess?)...I already have a bachelor but I think that it isn't the same thing as a master degree. In few words I would like to share my happines with someone of you, who followed in some way my journey

3 years ago

I would pick BLUE REFLECTION / BLUE REFLECTION 幻に舞う少女の剣

And I wish your very best with your degree!

3 years ago

Thank you for joining!

3 years ago

Good luck! I hope you can pass them ^_^
My entry... maybe for Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom on Steam

3 years ago

Thank you! If you are not sure about your pick you can always change it till my (unknown) graduation day!

3 years ago

Need for Speed™ Heat, good luck on your degree! whatare you going into?

3 years ago

Thank you! A master degree in finance :)

3 years ago

Sure: Disco Elysium

Good luck with graduation!

3 years ago

Thank you for joining!

3 years ago

Control

but... I don't understand, how are we helping? wish you the best tho!

3 years ago

Just selecting a possible game you would like to recive if you wll be selected, like you already did :) Thank you!

3 years ago

Honestly i dont know if i understood this correctly, if I need to do something else ill edit my comment.

I would like to get borderlands 3 if that's possible

3 years ago

You already did everything "requested" :)

3 years ago

If you're graduating, aren't you the one that is supposed to get gifts?

Forager

3 years ago*

Ahah nah..it's still far :D

3 years ago

Good luck!
I don't need reward.

3 years ago

Thank you but feel free to join this custom giveaway :)

3 years ago

I'm as confused as everyone else; anyway, good luck! As for the game, I'll go with Beyond A Steel Sky.

Also, what does ECT stand for? Various dictionaries only tell me that it's an acronym for electroconvulsive therapy.

Edit: changed my choice to Baldur's Gate 3.

3 years ago*

I was hoping to create confusion ahah especially creating something of "uncommon". So far ECTs stands for "European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System" which express the weight of each exam in the degree. For our purpose you can see them as the "progress" of my journey :)

3 years ago

Aha, I see my mistake now, I should have searched for ECTs (plural), not for ECT! Thanks for the explanation.

3 years ago

Wishing you the best!

My pick is Cyberpunk 2077. Thx for your generosity!

3 years ago

Thank you for participating :)

3 years ago

Wow, one brutal person picked "you will fail miserably" . Wasn't me. Best of luck!

Now's not the time to put you in debt buying triple A games so I'll choose something on the lower price end: Cuphead.

3 years ago

It's part of the game, I put by myself all poll's options :D not a problem selecting the game you would like to recive if picked, no matter if it is a AAA or whatever...Since the probability to be selected decreases as people join... don't waste your chance by choosing something you would't properly like to recive!

3 years ago

Good luck, it will be a great achievement!

I'll go with Cyberpunk 2077, even though I don't understand how it might help you! It might actually hurt you because it's expensive...

3 years ago

Well, you have to take in consideration two things:
1) Even if everyone choose an expensive title, only one will recive it (spoiler: maybe two? further information later)
2) You have to keep in mind that after 1.5 years its price will decrease (maybe?). However you can still have the chance to win a AAA game changing your choice till the day before my (unknown) graduation date

Thank you so far :)

3 years ago

Vampire Masquarade Bloodlines 2 I would say.

Good luck on your degree, you will do best :)

3 years ago

Thank you for joining :)

3 years ago

That seems as really old thread bumped, at least I already got my degree. Hope you are getting close to bossfight sucessfully.

2 years ago

Closer and closer! Glad to see you again after 1 year. :) Unfortunately, it is going how it was supposed to be, a long and painful journey :D

2 years ago

Alright then, I'm going to try for RimWorld then.

Not sure how it's going to help, but I wish you the best of luck with your degree! :)

3 years ago

Just your comment is a sort of support :)

3 years ago

recommend Persona 4G
best of luck :)

3 years ago

Thank you for joining!

3 years ago

Good luck with your degree!
Edit: Glad to see you are doing well.
I'll enter for System Shock (2023)

3 years ago*

Thank you, feel free to join us :)

3 years ago

Death Stranding

All the best for your graduation.

3 years ago*

Thank you for joining :)

3 years ago

I hope you're gonna graduate ASAP!
Good luck!

My pick is Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition

3 years ago

We all hope :D But I guess it will take some time anyway ahah you all have to be patient :)

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.