Hi people,
I've never been too active in forums here on Steamgifts nor for creating giveaways. My comments are mostly related to thanking people who made GA's I won. You can check my stats by yourself finding the giveaways I entered, the ones I have won, the ones I sent, comments, and so on. I know many people judge a person from his stats and I don't complain about it. Feel free to blacklist me if you are able to rate a person from his profile. I'm not here to gain your favors.

Coming to us...
I want your "help" by writing down a game you would like to receive if you will be eventually picked at the end of... my degree.
I have collected 15 out of 120 ECTs so far, and I'm planning to select the winner the day after my graduation (unfortunately unknown).

The rules are simple:

• 1 entry each
  • You can write down the game (possibly Steam) you would like to receive starting from now to the day before my graduation
  • If you have already selected the game you would like to win if selected, you can change it until the day before my graduation

Updates

15/09/2020: The thread has been created (15/120 ECTs)
15/01/2021: +6 ECTs (21/120 ECTs)
18/01/2021: +6 ECTs (27/120 ECTs)
10/02/2021: +3 ECTs (30/120 ECTs)
14/06/2021: +6 ECTs (36/120 ECTs)
15/06/2021: +9 ECTs (45/120 ECTs)
29/06/2021: +9 ECTs (54/120 ECTs)
11/11/2021: +6 ECTs from internship (60/120 ECTs)
17/01/2022: +6 ECTs (66/120 ECTs)
24/05/2022: +9 ECTs (75/120 ECTs, this was a tough one)
21/06/2022: +6 ECTs (81/120 ECTs)
16/09/2022: +6 ECTs (87/120 ECTs)
15/02/2023: +9 ECTs (96/120 ECTs, the hardest one)
xx/04/2023: Everything is completed...

Important notes!

Since the studies are going quite well, I would like to add some new notes to this thread. In particular, I would inform you that the exams account for a total of 90 ECTs out of 120. The remaining 30 are split between an internship (6 ECTs) and the thesis (24 ECTs). At the end of the 90 ECTs linked to the exams, I will be able to anticipate if multiple winners will be picked (it will depend on my estimated graduation mark).

Important notes! #2

Considering some of the comments about the "picking method" I finally decided to collect all the information by myself and try to contact one of the admins of Steamgifts to let him/her run the wheel.

Last Important notes

Dear guys...my journey has come to an end...I finally did it. Now that everything is completed, I can officially say that I received the honors from the commission for my grades and the thesis. I want to thank my parents, my brothers, and my girlfriend, who helped me to stay focused and supported me through the whole academic path.
Since now, 18 May 2023, I close the entries for this event, which lasted for more than 2 years...I really want to thank everyone of you guys, for the support and for the kind words spread during my master's degree. They really helped me to achieve my results. Without being emotional, let's shift to the spicy part:

FINALLY, THE WINNER IS...

slurredprey

The selection has been made through the well-known "Wheel of Fortune", under the supervision of a SteamGifts moderator, which kindly helped me in setting everything up for a correct draw. Above you can see the video of the selection

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Is this giveaway related to your thesis? (thank you Filipi for first asking)

• Short answer: NO. This is just an idea that jumped to my mind to keep me up during the last "scholastic" months of my life.

2) Why are you doing this? (thank you PeterShepard for first asking)

• Basically graduation day is one of the most important days in our life (I guess?)...I already have a bachelor but I think that it isn't the same thing as a master's degree. In a few words, I would like to share my happiness with one of you, who followed in some way my journey

3) What kind of help do you need? (thank you Bo0Mz for first asking)

• I don't need any "material" help for my journey neither for exams nor (future) thesis. I just want you to write down the game of your dreams and have a free chance to win it

4) What are your plans? What are you majoring in? (thank Neomixer for first asking)

• I'm attending a master's degree in finance

5) When's your graduation? (thank you Filipi again for first asking)

• This is the point of the "game". My graduation date is potentially unknown (even to myself). I obviously want to graduate as soon as possible but you have to consider this is a long-term event (I would like to believe early 2022 is more than likely EDIT: Ahah, NO paolo)

6) What does ECT stand for? (thank you PossiblePsycho for first asking)

• ECTs stands for "European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System" which expresses the weight of each exam in the degree. For our purpose, you can see them as the "progress" of my journey

7) How is going your journey?

• Well, I will update this thread as soon as I increase my ECTs. The next increase is likely to be in January 2021.

8) Can I wait for a closer day to choose my pick?

• Of course, but keep in mind that, since the journey is expected to take some time, you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation

9) Do you plan on going for a doctorate? (thank you RaisinCookiesAreGood for first asking)

• Even if I enjoy helping students, I think that the journey would be too long for me...and after years of studying, I feel a bit tired. I would like to apply what I've studied and maybe find a quiet place to work

P.s: I thank everyone who helps me in formatting text or makes this thread cuter. Every suggestion is welcome.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you like to help me taking my grade writing down a game you would like to receive if you are picked?

View Results
Yeah, why not...after all it's always free
No, I really don't care about your life
Yes, do your best!
You will fail miserably

Best of luck with your degree! Currently I'm slowly working on my bachelor myself πŸ˜…

And for my entry I'd love to receive Cuphead.

2 years ago

I feel it, but do your best and keep us updated! :)
Thank you for joining :)

2 years ago

Good luck with your master's degree!
I'm not original and I would like Cyberpunk 2077 if I'm the chosen one ^^

2 years ago

Appreciate it! Thank you for joining us :)

2 years ago

Good luck with the Degree Paolo. I would like Cyberpunk 2077 if I am selected. Thnx =)

2 years ago

Thank you bigbud13 for joining :)

2 years ago

Good luck with your "journey"!
What would like now it's Forza Horizon 5 Ultimate Edition (it's Premium on this game it seems).

2 years ago

Thank you for joining us :)

2 years ago

Wish you best of luck with your master's degree!
I would like God Of War on steam if I'm lucky enough :)

2 years ago

2 years ago

Good luck for your master's degree :3
I'm kinda having a hard time deciding and the one game I'd want to name isn't out yet (and who knows when it will be there) soooo, I'll go with:
Cursed Lands

Thank you very much for this event \o/

2 years ago

You can freely change your pick if you are not sure about it! No problems and thank you for joining us :)

2 years ago

Yeah, I read that part. Well, we'll see what comes first, the game or your Masters :3

2 years ago

Let's hope my master :D

2 years ago

was gonna say that doesnt sound like you sort of game until i searched for it

2 years ago

It's a Winter Wolves! O.O

2 years ago

yep saw that straight away after releasing it was a visual novel. I mean its newish but not really, I just didn't recognise. Also wow apparently I've wishlisted their 3 most recent games, they finally realised to give me yuri and ill wishlist

2 years ago

Yeah, they had some yuri the last couple of goes :3
The next one will be back to mixed though ^^

2 years ago

I see you are exacly in the middle of the road, you will smash it! And about a game... I would say Omno.

2 years ago

Well...more or less! On the previous page, you can have a slightly better picture of how much it really takes...I would say I am more than halfway!
Anyway, thank you for joining :)

2 years ago

It is supposed to be a raffle site from which, if you win it is luck and you give because you want to exclude people sincerely you can put a level, or groups do not have to blacklists that is my opinion.

Actually in this world there are all kinds of people, who block for this is laughable.

By the way luck with your graduation.

I choose Castle of Illusion

2 years ago

I did not completely get the first part of your message... is there any suggestion you would like to propose to improve the thread? :)

2 years ago

I'm sorry, I used a translator, my English is very bad, no, but it seemed good to me, what I wanted to say is that people are evil, they blacklist judge ahead of time

2 years ago

Ohhh, then, I perfectly agree with you. I once cared about blacklisting and so on but just assuming we can't be loved by everyone, I do not care about them and try to live my life. It is quite hard because for me, but I am working on it :)

2 years ago

Hi Paolo! A lot of people have made wishes for you regarding your graduation, and I join them. I wish you perseverance,
wonderful mood, good luck and all the best! In fact, your desire to make a random person happy is really generous, cute and kind!
If I am still lucky enough to share your happiness with you, I would like to receive the Jackbox Party Pack 8 to play with my friends and family. Good luck once again!

2 years ago

Thank you for your kind words! I really appreciate them :)
However, just looking at my ratio, I would not say that I am a generous person (at least from a SG perspective, which is also the one you all just see, but this is another story). In fact, even this event will not be recorded as a giveaway and hence my ratio will not move at all. I do not need a counter to check how "generous" people are, but I judge on facts. However, as I have written in some comments, I really do not have so much faith in humanity, but this thread helped me to understand that there still is some good guy around :)

2 years ago

Thank you for answer! I'm pleased to see that you are responding so thoroughly and sincerely to every comment. It's great)
Actually, most gifters with a good ratio are here just for the sake of self-interest in free games. They maintain their "level of generosity" not because of good intentions to make somebody happy, but in a miserly pursuit of freebies, which is rather regrettable.
You, in turn, are hosting this event disinterestedly. Also as you said it will not be counted as a giveaway. This is an act of real generosity and kindness I think.

2 years ago

Well, I am a very rigid guy, pretty often obsessed with numbers and statistics too. However, I noticed that I have always been too attached to what people think of me, regarding my virtual and real "stats"...and most of the time I have been hurt by it. I guess that this thread also helps me to adjust some personal (bad) attitudes I have.
The point is that I must concentrate more on what I am instead of the thought of others.

2 years ago

You're right. I don't even have anything to add. Being yourself and not getting hung up on the words of others is a really important quality that I lack.
But I just want to thank you again for this event, for not depriving the users in this thread of answers despite your busy schedule, and once again good luck with your exams and dissertation!

2 years ago

A late answer is better than a no answer! Moreover, I really enjoy answering messages when in fact I have some spicy news about my journey...like now :P

1 year ago

Share out!

1 year ago

2 Left ;)

1 year ago

Keep it up!

1 year ago

You bet man!

1 year ago

Bad Rats - you can't go wrong with classics xD
Also congrats on being in the middle of the process :) Keep up the good work!

2 years ago

Gold never gets old :D

2 years ago

Let's be ballsy - Yakuza Like a Dragon (ideally one of the fancy editions)

Also, graduation days are not that big a deal. Your first payday, now that's one that matters.
PS. 176 wins? Boy, that seems impressive to me. Yeah, I can work out the entered/won ratio

2 years ago

Ahah feel free to pick the game you prefer!
Well, the graduation date will be just a 10-minute presentation on research work. Also, the final grade is mostly made by the average grade obtained during the master's degree. It follows that if I am "covered" enough, I can take it easy.

2 years ago

Monster Hunter World, I guess.
Good luck with your degree! I'm trying to finish mine as well.

2 years ago*

Amazing pick. I am a MH fun since the PSP edition! I played MHW on PS4 (thank you, dear and lovely girlfriend).
If you are a veteran hunter, you will find it quite enjoyable, especially because most of the mechanics regarding inventory and items have been simplified to allow newcomers to have a first good experience (no more "damn, I forgot to take potions or hot/cold drinks)" :)

2 years ago

Freedom Unite is my PSP favorite. Portable 3rd has the best LS playstyle tho.
Haven't played in a while, but I remember playing with my friends online, through emulation, on this great site, Hunsterverse. They have dedicated servers for all the PSP MH games, it's pretty cool.
P.S.: damn it I wrote "you" instead of "your" reeee

2 years ago

I am very happy to answer you right now and not at any other moment. Due to Covid hitting my family, my brother has to stay isolated for 10+ days...so, what better method to keep him up than MHFU? At the time I am writing, we have just given up on black Diablos GC6 ahah

2 years ago

Damn, hope your family gets better. Maybe a chill experience with Stardew Valley on co-op mode?

2 years ago

Well, we lack devices to play together, except for the PSP :) I see it is possible to play split-screen with a controller, isn't it?

P.s: my family fully recovered thank you! :)

1 year ago

Glad to hear that. And yes, Stardew Valley can be played on split-screen :D

1 year ago

I will take a look at it then! :)

1 year ago

Potion Craft: Alchemist Simulator

good luck getting the master degree!

2 years ago

2 years ago

Half way there! Congrats!
I'll go for Red Dead Redemption 2, if I'm lucky enough!

2 years ago

2 years ago

Sure, let us pump more positive energy into this endeavour!

I'll pick something that I will likely never get from anywhere else: Steins;Gate Elite..

2 years ago

This is the spirit! Thank you for joining :)

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

Hope you are doing well, from my side rough semester...Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to cash in a lot of ECTs in Jan/Feb

2 years ago

I thought I already written a comment a year ago, but seems to be not the case. So...
good luck with your graduation

And I want to enter with "Untitled Goose Game" "Hogwarts Legacy"

(Updated because I now already own the previously entered game)

2 years ago*

As soon as I will reach a good point in my journey, I will share with you guys a sheet so you can check if you are in or if you have not written any comments. So far, thank you for joining :)

2 years ago

Good luck πŸ˜ƒ
I guess Frostpunk is a really good game:)

2 years ago

Thank you for joining :) If you will win, you'll let us know!

2 years ago

Good luck with your examns...!!
game: cyberpunk 2077

2 years ago

Thank you and thanks for joining us :)

2 years ago

Glad to see you are half way there. Good luck! <3

Red Dead Redemption 2 is my choice.

2 years ago

Passed the turning point! Thank you for joining :)

2 years ago

Good luck and keep it up mate!!

I choose you ......... Gloomhaven

2 years ago

Thanks and thank you for joining :)

2 years ago

Enjoy the ride as much as the result. I also felt that hitch to work the last year of my master, but when I look back at my study years, these were happy simple times.
I would love to play Fallout 4.

2 years ago

I don't know...I have to be extremely honest with you, and I have to say I am having a terrible struggle at each exam. I have the feeling that Uni gave me all that it has to give. I know what the courses talk about and I am pretty sure they are not as useful as they would seem, except if you would like to work in the academic field... a thing that I would avoid with all my heart for now.
It may be arrogant to say, but I don't think I have "more" to learn from my Courses...and I am just tired of the whole scholastic system.
By the way, thank you for joining :)

2 years ago

Every effort will always pay off worthy!! Best wishes to you! Good luck <3
My pick is Sekiroβ„’: Shadows Die Twice - GOTY Edition

2 years ago

Thank you for joining my friend! Late answer, you know, but I answer to people only if I have something to add to the original post! :)

2 years ago

Well, good luck fellow student :D

I also got to say Red Dead Redemption 2 <3

2 years ago

Thank you for joining Wasari :)

2 years ago

Do your best, and good luck with your degree!

My game of choice would be Baldur's Gate 3.

2 years ago

I try! :) Thank you for joining us :)

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.