Hi people,
I've never been too active in forums here on Steamgifts nor for creating giveaways. My comments are mostly related to thanking people who made GA's I won. You can check my stats by yourself finding the giveaways I entered, the ones I have won, the ones I sent, comments, and so on. I know many people judge a person from his stats and I don't complain about it. Feel free to blacklist me if you are able to rate a person from his profile. I'm not here to gain your favors.

Coming to us...
I want your "help" by writing down a game you would like to receive if you will be eventually picked at the end of... my degree.
I have collected 15 out of 120 ECTs so far, and I'm planning to select the winner the day after my graduation (unfortunately unknown).

The rules are simple:

• 1 entry each
  • You can write down the game (possibly Steam) you would like to receive starting from now to the day before my graduation
  • If you have already selected the game you would like to win if selected, you can change it until the day before my graduation

Updates

15/09/2020: The thread has been created (15/120 ECTs)
15/01/2021: +6 ECTs (21/120 ECTs)
18/01/2021: +6 ECTs (27/120 ECTs)
10/02/2021: +3 ECTs (30/120 ECTs)
14/06/2021: +6 ECTs (36/120 ECTs)
15/06/2021: +9 ECTs (45/120 ECTs)
29/06/2021: +9 ECTs (54/120 ECTs)
11/11/2021: +6 ECTs from internship (60/120 ECTs)
17/01/2022: +6 ECTs (66/120 ECTs)
24/05/2022: +9 ECTs (75/120 ECTs, this was a tough one)
21/06/2022: +6 ECTs (81/120 ECTs)
16/09/2022: +6 ECTs (87/120 ECTs)
15/02/2023: +9 ECTs (96/120 ECTs, the hardest one)
xx/04/2023: Everything is completed...

Important notes!

Since the studies are going quite well, I would like to add some new notes to this thread. In particular, I would inform you that the exams account for a total of 90 ECTs out of 120. The remaining 30 are split between an internship (6 ECTs) and the thesis (24 ECTs). At the end of the 90 ECTs linked to the exams, I will be able to anticipate if multiple winners will be picked (it will depend on my estimated graduation mark).

Important notes! #2

Considering some of the comments about the "picking method" I finally decided to collect all the information by myself and try to contact one of the admins of Steamgifts to let him/her run the wheel.

Last Important notes

Dear guys...my journey has come to an end...I finally did it. Now that everything is completed, I can officially say that I received the honors from the commission for my grades and the thesis. I want to thank my parents, my brothers, and my girlfriend, who helped me to stay focused and supported me through the whole academic path.
Since now, 18 May 2023, I close the entries for this event, which lasted for more than 2 years...I really want to thank everyone of you guys, for the support and for the kind words spread during my master's degree. They really helped me to achieve my results. Without being emotional, let's shift to the spicy part:

FINALLY, THE WINNER IS...

slurredprey

The selection has been made through the well-known "Wheel of Fortune", under the supervision of a SteamGifts moderator, which kindly helped me in setting everything up for a correct draw. Above you can see the video of the selection

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Is this giveaway related to your thesis? (thank you Filipi for first asking)

• Short answer: NO. This is just an idea that jumped to my mind to keep me up during the last "scholastic" months of my life.

2) Why are you doing this? (thank you PeterShepard for first asking)

• Basically graduation day is one of the most important days in our life (I guess?)...I already have a bachelor but I think that it isn't the same thing as a master's degree. In a few words, I would like to share my happiness with one of you, who followed in some way my journey

3) What kind of help do you need? (thank you Bo0Mz for first asking)

• I don't need any "material" help for my journey neither for exams nor (future) thesis. I just want you to write down the game of your dreams and have a free chance to win it

4) What are your plans? What are you majoring in? (thank Neomixer for first asking)

• I'm attending a master's degree in finance

5) When's your graduation? (thank you Filipi again for first asking)

• This is the point of the "game". My graduation date is potentially unknown (even to myself). I obviously want to graduate as soon as possible but you have to consider this is a long-term event (I would like to believe early 2022 is more than likely EDIT: Ahah, NO paolo)

6) What does ECT stand for? (thank you PossiblePsycho for first asking)

• ECTs stands for "European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System" which expresses the weight of each exam in the degree. For our purpose, you can see them as the "progress" of my journey

7) How is going your journey?

• Well, I will update this thread as soon as I increase my ECTs. The next increase is likely to be in January 2021.

8) Can I wait for a closer day to choose my pick?

• Of course, but keep in mind that, since the journey is expected to take some time, you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation

9) Do you plan on going for a doctorate? (thank you RaisinCookiesAreGood for first asking)

• Even if I enjoy helping students, I think that the journey would be too long for me...and after years of studying, I feel a bit tired. I would like to apply what I've studied and maybe find a quiet place to work

P.s: I thank everyone who helps me in formatting text or makes this thread cuter. Every suggestion is welcome.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you like to help me taking my grade writing down a game you would like to receive if you are picked?

View Results
Yeah, why not...after all it's always free
No, I really don't care about your life
Yes, do your best!
You will fail miserably

Huh, funny topic, never noticed it before... Best of luck!
Personally my graduation (and the journey towards it) was rather uneventful and random... I spent a very long time at university cause I never really went there with the explicit goal of graduating, it always was more a case of "I like learning". That combined with really disliking exams, esp. oral exams, I visited like 3 times the needed amount of courses but never took the exams. I should mention that I studied under a system where technically the (oral) exams were their own thing you just requested and not something that just happened at the end of the course.
Then after roughly 10 years my parents convinced me to finally finish up cause they were still subsidizing my living expenses. So I had all the required exams over a shortish time and then there was a 6 month thesis to write. I wrote that rather sloppily AND my main advisor changed university so that it was all rather weird. I finally turned it in and was never really told a result, one day I just noticed that the digital course list contained a thesis grade and a final grade. Then I clicked on "I want to get my certificate" and a few days later I went to pick it up at some secretary.

TL;DR: My graduation kind of just happened due to me being weird with it so I never really celebrated it or counted down to it.

Now to thinking about a random game I'd like... Hm, Psychonauts 2? Yeah, I enjoyed the first one :)

2 years ago

Thank you for sharing your experience! I can relate to the first part, I have also taken again the lectures like 2 times (3 for this last exam)... mostly because some of them require a full-time effort, but when you have to take also other exams, it starts to become hard to follow.
I also had a sort of breakdown (had or have? :D) and this is why I am trying to push myself toward graduation as soon as possible.
Moreover, I just feel really bad when parents or maybe the working tutor ask about your graduation and you are not able to give a satisfactory answer because you have to retake exams...However, I am still quite lucky because here public university expenses are related to the income of the family and do not cost anyway as much as in the US.

About the "celebration day", of course, anyone can take it as he wishes, but since I am a quite quiet person (the one who enjoys other parties, but who doesn't like to be celebrated), I don't think I will do anything particular. You know, maybe take out for dinner with the family and some friends/colleagues, but nothing strange :)

1 year ago

Congrats on your progess so far!
Best of luck on getting the reaming ECTs.

My choice would be Wildermyth

2 years ago

Thank you so much Igel for joining us :)

1 year ago

Congrats on closing in on 90 ECTs!
I bought Wildermyth this week, and wanted to inquire if I can name a new choice. If not, that's totally alright... but if it is ok my new choice would be: Expedition: ROME.

Have a nice weekend! :-)

1 year ago

"you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation"
Feel free to change it anytime you want :) I will collect all the picks and the entries as soon as I finish the exams, so you guys can check what you are running for!

1 year ago

It seems I have somehow read right past that sentence.

1 year ago

Don't worry Igel :)

1 year ago

GL
My game would be The Day Before

2 years ago

Thank you for joining :)

1 year ago

Hey, cool that you're doing it. I remember this topic back from June, but seem to not have written anything, so what I'd like to ask for is Age of Darkness Final Stand

2 years ago

Yeah it is getting old I see :D Almost 2 years sigh
Anyway, thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

Congrats in advance!

My choice is Persona 4 Golden

2 years ago

Thank you and thanks for joining :)

1 year ago

Good luck with your graduation!

I'd like to go for Cyberpunk 2077.

2 years ago

Let's see how it goes!
Thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

For some reason I thought I had seen and posted in your thread before, but I don't see any comments from me. Please correct me if I already selected something and missed in the last 12 pages.

Regarding game selection, is it possible to list a few ranked options? I have a couple games I want that have not been release yet, but if they are released by the time you graduate those would 100% be my top picks (assuming I haven't bought them myself yet). If I have to pick one, let me know and I'll narrow it down to the one already released.

Ranked picks:

1. Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown (release date 2023)
  2. Victoria 3 (release date TBD) Edit 9/22 - I already bought this one too lol
  3. Hyperbolica (release date early 2022) Already bought it :D
  4. Superliminal (already released)

Final pick: The Entropy Centre. This is the top wishlist item of mine that is already released.

On a separate note, how is your degree coming along? I see you are just over halfway done, so congratulations on that point! I've seen previous comments that you were supposed to finish early this year. How close are you to done? Have there been delays? Regardless, keep up the great work!

2 years ago*

Hey there, don't worry about your pick, I will create a sheet in which you can check the game you have currently selected. Moreover, you can change the pick anytime you want, so really, nothing to worry about :)

Yeah, I had a little delay for a few reasons...these can be summarized as:

• I have had the luck to do an internship
  • I struggled to give some tough exam (the one just added, but still one hard incoming)
1 year ago

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it! I made a small edit to my preference since I bought one of the games on my own lol.

Congrats on passing the next exam! Does the internship count for ECTs, or is it just for experience?

1 year ago

It was not mandatory, but I preferred to add it to my UNI and personal CV to gain some experience. Luckily, even if it is a way heavier than a 6 ECTs exam, it can be exchanged with one of them :)

1 year ago

Made a final edit to my selection. Congratulations on your graduation and for submitting your thesis!

1 year ago

Thank you so much! I finally graduated in April, so I am a uni-free guy :D

10 months ago

Already saying my congrats dude!

Choice would be : Elden Ring Deluxe Edition

EDIT : I bought it myself and its the game of my life probably lol! Thank you and good luck again <3

new choice : Dying Light 2 !

2 years ago*

Wow, nice pick! :)

1 year ago

Well done on your progress so far. Keep going!

My choice: Rise of the Third Power.

2 years ago

Thank you so much, thanks for joining us :)

1 year ago

Oh man, see that you're still plugging along on this. Congrats and best wishes. ^_^

Game: Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade

2 years ago*

I am a man of word :D

1 year ago

I wish you all the best for your graduation :o)

And i would be happy about NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Sphere of Influence

2 years ago

I will keep you updated :)
Thank you and thanks for joining us :)

1 year ago

You gonna graduate soon at this rate xD

My choice: Insurgency: Sandstorm edited because i already bought it myself xD
CoD Modern Warfare 2019, but if its only steam then Dying Light 2

2 years ago*

This is the goal ahah :D

1 year ago

Stay healthy and keep going :)

RimWorld

2 years ago

Staying healthy is the hardest part here :')
Thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

Good luck with your graduation.

My choice is Elden Ring

2 years ago

Why not the deluxe edition if you would be picked? :P

1 year ago

Good luck with your degree!

I'll enter for Valheim

2 years ago

On the way! :)

1 year ago

Well, have a VERY BEST LUCK from me! I know u'll make it soon!

My pick will be "God of War" :)

2 years ago

I hope so man! :)

1 year ago

No. Thank you for the chance, my man :)
I wish u the very best of Luck!

1 year ago

Much appreciated :)

1 year ago

Glad to see a fellow math enthusiast!! (Finance isn't my strong suit tho xD) I've only heard of this ECT-credit-system whatnot now, that's so interesting... It's very brave and persistent of you to take a masters, that takes a lot of dedication and hardwork!! You're more than halfway through so I hope you keep having that motivation to finish ^-^ I'd like to get Lost In Random if I do get lucky (hehe). Hoping for the best for you!!

2 years ago*

Thank you! Yeah here is called "master" but in reality, it is like a major...the step above the bachelor just to be clear :D
Welcome to the giveaway then :)

1 year ago

The funny thing is I just finally finished my undergraduate thesis, and will graduate around next month. I saw you are half way there from your last post. keep up the good job, I hope you can quickly finish and graduate!!

I'd pick Dying Light 2, and thanks for making these GA.

2 years ago

I am waiting for news about your journey! Are you done? :)

1 year ago

Yes, my thesis is done. I've not yet graduate tho, because of all the things happening in the world (mostly because of pandemic) the graduation ceremony is postponed to august this year. In the mean time i got a LOT of free time now.

1 year ago

Time is running and the great date is coming! :) Keep us updated!

1 year ago

Good luck with your degree

My choice is God of War
edit: The Last of Us Part I

2 years ago*

1 year ago

Good luck with your graduation.

Will you wear some special clothes at the event ?

My choice is: Full Metal Furies

2 years ago

Well, even if the spartan could be a good choice, I am not that kind of person :D I am too shy and I am sure I would feel uncomfortable ahah

1 year ago

Hello! I'll get my Master of Science degree in system analysis in about 2 years. It's a hard but interesting process. The most I like is to discuss with professors about some problems.
I wish you good luck with your graduation. Hope it will be neat and clear for both of us. ^_^
I'd want Elden Ring, cause it's my favorite game series.

1 year ago

I hope it man, keep us updated :) Thank you for joining!

1 year ago

Good luck earning those credits!

My choice is Gloomhaven.

1 year ago

Thank you so much :) Thanks for joining :)

1 year ago

I'm also currently working to get bachelor's degree, 133/180 credits so far^^ Though I'm really thinking about dropping it, exams are getting weirder and I found out that I'm really not enjoying studing this specialization. I'm learning at home a way different stuff for my dream job, its my mistake not realizing what I want to do with my life a way sooner. Well, I'm still planning to give it a shot and graduate since I'm pretty far with these studies. Just those exams where you need to memorize each sentence from three books and each word from it too and you're not allowed to write it with your own words.. its killing me :D And the hardest exams are the upcoming ones, well I'll see if I'll make it. Its a nice idea gifting someone a game after your studies, if I'll make it through I'll think about celebrating it on SG too^^ My choice would be Ender Lilies.

1 year ago

Oh man, I feel you...I was unsure too about continuing this journey or not. I am getting tired of those exams in which you just need to memorize a ton crap of stuff while we are losing our best age to learn proper skills. Don't get me wrong, some courses make it suitable and some Professors (ok not many) are worth it.
How is it going now?

1 year ago

75 Out of 120 ECTs, you're getting closer, congrats!
(I think I already made my pick)

1 year ago

Don't miss the June update :) Thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

Good luck!

My choice is Elden Ring

1 year ago

Thank you for joining :)

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.