Hi people,
I've never been too active in forums here on Steamgifts nor for creating giveaways. My comments are mostly related to thanking people who made GA's I won. You can check my stats by yourself finding the giveaways I entered, the ones I have won, the ones I sent, comments, and so on. I know many people judge a person from his stats and I don't complain about it. Feel free to blacklist me if you are able to rate a person from his profile. I'm not here to gain your favors.

Coming to us...
I want your "help" by writing down a game you would like to receive if you will be eventually picked at the end of... my degree.
I have collected 15 out of 120 ECTs so far, and I'm planning to select the winner the day after my graduation (unfortunately unknown).

The rules are simple:

• 1 entry each
  • You can write down the game (possibly Steam) you would like to receive starting from now to the day before my graduation
  • If you have already selected the game you would like to win if selected, you can change it until the day before my graduation

Updates

15/09/2020: The thread has been created (15/120 ECTs)
15/01/2021: +6 ECTs (21/120 ECTs)
18/01/2021: +6 ECTs (27/120 ECTs)
10/02/2021: +3 ECTs (30/120 ECTs)
14/06/2021: +6 ECTs (36/120 ECTs)
15/06/2021: +9 ECTs (45/120 ECTs)
29/06/2021: +9 ECTs (54/120 ECTs)
11/11/2021: +6 ECTs from internship (60/120 ECTs)
17/01/2022: +6 ECTs (66/120 ECTs)
24/05/2022: +9 ECTs (75/120 ECTs, this was a tough one)
21/06/2022: +6 ECTs (81/120 ECTs)
16/09/2022: +6 ECTs (87/120 ECTs)
15/02/2023: +9 ECTs (96/120 ECTs, the hardest one)
xx/04/2023: Everything is completed...

Important notes!

Since the studies are going quite well, I would like to add some new notes to this thread. In particular, I would inform you that the exams account for a total of 90 ECTs out of 120. The remaining 30 are split between an internship (6 ECTs) and the thesis (24 ECTs). At the end of the 90 ECTs linked to the exams, I will be able to anticipate if multiple winners will be picked (it will depend on my estimated graduation mark).

Important notes! #2

Considering some of the comments about the "picking method" I finally decided to collect all the information by myself and try to contact one of the admins of Steamgifts to let him/her run the wheel.

Last Important notes

Dear guys...my journey has come to an end...I finally did it. Now that everything is completed, I can officially say that I received the honors from the commission for my grades and the thesis. I want to thank my parents, my brothers, and my girlfriend, who helped me to stay focused and supported me through the whole academic path.
Since now, 18 May 2023, I close the entries for this event, which lasted for more than 2 years...I really want to thank everyone of you guys, for the support and for the kind words spread during my master's degree. They really helped me to achieve my results. Without being emotional, let's shift to the spicy part:

FINALLY, THE WINNER IS...

slurredprey

The selection has been made through the well-known "Wheel of Fortune", under the supervision of a SteamGifts moderator, which kindly helped me in setting everything up for a correct draw. Above you can see the video of the selection

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Is this giveaway related to your thesis? (thank you Filipi for first asking)

• Short answer: NO. This is just an idea that jumped to my mind to keep me up during the last "scholastic" months of my life.

2) Why are you doing this? (thank you PeterShepard for first asking)

• Basically graduation day is one of the most important days in our life (I guess?)...I already have a bachelor but I think that it isn't the same thing as a master's degree. In a few words, I would like to share my happiness with one of you, who followed in some way my journey

3) What kind of help do you need? (thank you Bo0Mz for first asking)

• I don't need any "material" help for my journey neither for exams nor (future) thesis. I just want you to write down the game of your dreams and have a free chance to win it

4) What are your plans? What are you majoring in? (thank Neomixer for first asking)

• I'm attending a master's degree in finance

5) When's your graduation? (thank you Filipi again for first asking)

• This is the point of the "game". My graduation date is potentially unknown (even to myself). I obviously want to graduate as soon as possible but you have to consider this is a long-term event (I would like to believe early 2022 is more than likely EDIT: Ahah, NO paolo)

6) What does ECT stand for? (thank you PossiblePsycho for first asking)

• ECTs stands for "European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System" which expresses the weight of each exam in the degree. For our purpose, you can see them as the "progress" of my journey

7) How is going your journey?

• Well, I will update this thread as soon as I increase my ECTs. The next increase is likely to be in January 2021.

8) Can I wait for a closer day to choose my pick?

• Of course, but keep in mind that, since the journey is expected to take some time, you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation

9) Do you plan on going for a doctorate? (thank you RaisinCookiesAreGood for first asking)

• Even if I enjoy helping students, I think that the journey would be too long for me...and after years of studying, I feel a bit tired. I would like to apply what I've studied and maybe find a quiet place to work

P.s: I thank everyone who helps me in formatting text or makes this thread cuter. Every suggestion is welcome.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you like to help me taking my grade writing down a game you would like to receive if you are picked?

View Results
Yeah, why not...after all it's always free
No, I really don't care about your life
Yes, do your best!
You will fail miserably

Hey, first of all good luck with your thesis and congratulations on your graduation!

About the game, I'd say Elden Ring. And thanks for doing this!

1 year ago

Thank you so much, and thanks for joining :)

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

1 year ago

This is just because I love statistics (not only numbers but also the subject). Thank you for joining :)

1 year ago

Congratulations for reaching 75 ECT.

My Choice will be 'UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection'
Thank you for the opportunity and good luck reaching your goals ☺️

Edit 24/03/23:

I change my choice to 'Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered' just bought Uncharted in the steam spring sale 😜
Congrats on finally reaching (almost) graduation ❤️

1 year ago*

Uh nice pick! Thanks for joining :)

Edit: 81 now ;)

1 year ago

Congratulations on your success so far, and best of luck with the rest. I just know you'll hit this out of the park!
And thank you for your unique giveaway.

As for the game I'd like to have? Ghostbusters: The Game Remastered. I've played the original so much, and loved every minute of it. And this one has achievements! ACHIEVEMENTS! I adore getting those things.

Edit: I change my pick to Dwarf Fortress, because it sounds incredibly interesting, and I already have Ghostbusters.

1 year ago*

I am a true achievement hunter too...but on console :D
Thank you for your kind words and for joining us :)

1 year ago

Good luck, good to hear that you're doing well at school!
For the game, may I ask for Elden Ring?

1 year ago

Yeah, I am quite "long" speaking in terms of time... I know...But I hope at least the final mark will be worth the time spent :)
Sure, you can ask any game you find on Steam :)

1 year ago

All the best! Studying for this long and getting a masters is not easy, so hang in there.

I don't know if I'll still be playing games when you graduate, or when will that be, so I'll not be entering. Thanks though!

1 year ago

Feel free to enter with any game...People pick sometimes games to remember their childhood. I don't expect they will play it for 100h, but even gifting you a smile while playing old memories, would be enough!

1 year ago

Ok. I guess Desperados III is something I want but will probably not be able to buy anytime soon.

1 year ago

I will take it into consideration! :)

1 year ago

Thanks!

1 year ago

You are welcome :)

1 year ago

Congrats on the steady progress!

1 year ago

Thank you! Slow but persistent :) Feel free to try to win choosing a game :)

1 year ago

Yep, it's a marathon, not a sprint! 😉
And you are very kind. If I were to be picked, I would like Death Stranding please. 😊

1 year ago

Thank you for joining, I will write it down :)

1 year ago

Good luck with your degree (but I still want to know what the degree is in).
Probably No Man's Sky, but I wouldn't say no to Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

1 year ago

Every info is in the above box, I am pretty sure that over these 2 years I answered almost every possible question :D
Thank you for joining :)

1 year ago

Hey, good luck with the degree and congratulations on your hard work.
My entry is for Disco Elysium as I like RPGs quite a lot :)

1 year ago

Thank you and thanks for joining us :)

1 year ago

Hi, good luck with your degree. I'd like to choose one of these:

• Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Forza Horizon 5 Premium
  • God Of War
1 year ago

Any preference among them? :)

1 year ago

I'd probably chose RDR2 in the end :)

1 year ago

I don't know about the others, but RDR2 allows you to spend a ton of hours in-game. I really enjoyed it so far, but still unfinished because of lack of time :)

1 year ago

I've gotta say, I'm quite impressed with your momentum and determination. You've kept this up for over 1.5 years now.

1 year ago

I am pretty sure I have pushed myself as hard as I can during these years, schooling speaking. Sometimes I have really had the idea to give up and quit. But after all these grey days, here we are, almost at the finish line. Now I would like to push myself hard as well in work as soon as possible.
Anyway, feel free to pick a game and try to win :)

1 year ago

Keep it up and good luck - and always, remember to have perspective. Even if things don't turn out the way you expect, they happen for a reason (that only becomes clear later on) :)

As for my pick - Hollow Knight (I'm surprised no one asked yet)

1 year ago

I have to repeat your quote at least 10 times per day...you know, failed expectations are the ones that hurt most, not the actual result.

About Hollow Knight, I admit I am curious too, I claimed it on PS4 months ago but I did not have the chance to try it yet. Maybe because I was too tired after Bloodborne platinum :D

1 year ago

Wow, your answer came back in time - I just got fired from my job two days ago and I was almost starting to despair. It's good that I even have to remind myself to have perspective - probably better things are on the way, maybe a better job that I would not have applied to if I didn't get fired. Things will get better 💪

1 year ago

I'm impressed with your progress! Keep it up!
I'd like
HARVESTELLA for Steam

View attached image.
1 year ago*

Thank you so much for your kind words :)
I'll do my best, and thanks for joining :)

1 year ago

Hello! I hope for the best in your future and present endeavors. It's really insane how people could keep this up for years.

My choice is OMORI.

1 year ago

Well, to be honest, I would have preferred to close it months ago :D Saving some mental sanity in the process :D

Thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

I would like elden ring.
Good luck hopefully u pass.

1 year ago

1 year ago

Good luck and enjoy the studies!
Game: Merchants of Kaidan on Steam

1 year ago*

Really uncommon pick if I could say... but if this is your wish, if you will win you will get this game :)
Thank you for joining us :)

1 year ago

I played Merchants of Kaidan on tablet and liked it a lot. However, it was buggy on tablet as there would be endless loop at later stages of game, so I could never finish it on tablet. I used the current summer sale and bought it on sale on Steam, hope it is not buggy on pc.

If you do not mind I would like to change the game to: "Old World".

I see your studies are going on pretty well. Congrats and keep up the good work!

1 year ago

No worries in changing your pick, if you would like to change it also in future, feel free to edit your comment or write another one under our conversation :)

1 year ago

I am really glad that you are doing so well!
May ask in which study field your Bachelor and Master are?
I am just really interested what your Bachelor was about and how your interests evolved in your Master ^^
If I were to wish for a game, I would probably wish for Riftbreaker or Earth Defense Force 5.

1 year ago

I obtained a bachelor's in economics right the week before COVID hit Italy bringing us into lockdown. Right now, I am running to obtain a specialization in finance :)
Feel free to choose the one which best suits your gaming needs :)

1 year ago

good luck man.

Elden ring would be nice.

1 year ago

1 year ago

Good luck with your degree!!
My game of choice would be God of War.

1 year ago

Thanks for joining us :)

1 year ago

Good luck and hope you enjoy.

God of War is a good choice.

1 year ago

1 year ago

'Best of luck in your studies.

I wish for Assassin's Creed [the most recent one when you graduate].
I'm confident you'll graduate before I get through my AC backlog.

1 year ago

Well, when is its release? :D

1 year ago

good luck with your final exams! you're a just one step!! great work.

game choise: dying light 2. Time flyes, dindt remeber this coment: updata: Dead Space Remake
or maybe if its ok steam for that date: the new Spiderman coming to steam

CONGRATS on finally reching your studies! best of luck in everything

1 year ago*

I will create a sheet as soon as I finish exams and let you guys check your choice, so you can eventually change it before the end of the GA :)

1 year ago

No need of any game.
Instead, good luck with your graduation, keep up the good job :-)

1 year ago

Thank you, but I insist, join us, please :)

1 year ago

Ah ah, thanks for your generosity, really, but no :-) Wish you the very best, mate!

PS: btw, we are both Italian :-)

1 year ago

Su su allora, unisciti al gruppo come rappresentanza italiana :)

1 year ago

Ah ah, grazie mille per l'invito, ma ho un backlog imponente, grazie comunque.
Ancora in bocca al lupo per la tesi + laurea!

1 year ago

Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch™ Remastered

My university time was fun and all, but graduation was the single most important point of my life, I guess. It was 14 years ago (jeez, how fast it flies!). Only after graduating I started to really feel like an adult. Good luck!

1 year ago

Well, I have not particularly enjoyed my uni years, except for the first ones maybe, in which I had some close friends.
It has been passed a lot of time since that! Do you miss uni years?

1 year ago

I have met some good friends in the uni and a few are still among my closest friends. But I was led to believe that uni years will be the best time of my life. Well, they weren't. They were ok, but adult freedom afterwards was much better. So, to sum up: I don't miss uni years.

1 year ago

"They were ok, but adult freedom afterwards was much better" I feel I can relate, even if I am not so expert of what is after :D

1 year ago

You are getting closer and closer. Keep up the good work!

Game: My Time at Sandrock
Still in early access and, full disclosure, this would be for my oldest daughter. She plays some of the Steam games I own. My Time at Portia has the honor of being the most played game on my account because of her. :)

1 year ago*

I have no problem in adding that game for your daughter :) It is nice to see a father which passes the "game culture" through generations :) I bet you have such a good bond!

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.