Hi people,
I've never been too active in forums here on Steamgifts nor for creating giveaways. My comments are mostly related to thanking people who made GA's I won. You can check my stats by yourself finding the giveaways I entered, the ones I have won, the ones I sent, comments, and so on. I know many people judge a person from his stats and I don't complain about it. Feel free to blacklist me if you are able to rate a person from his profile. I'm not here to gain your favors.

Coming to us...
I want your "help" by writing down a game you would like to receive if you will be eventually picked at the end of... my degree.
I have collected 15 out of 120 ECTs so far, and I'm planning to select the winner the day after my graduation (unfortunately unknown).

The rules are simple:

• 1 entry each
  • You can write down the game (possibly Steam) you would like to receive starting from now to the day before my graduation
  • If you have already selected the game you would like to win if selected, you can change it until the day before my graduation

Updates

15/09/2020: The thread has been created (15/120 ECTs)
15/01/2021: +6 ECTs (21/120 ECTs)
18/01/2021: +6 ECTs (27/120 ECTs)
10/02/2021: +3 ECTs (30/120 ECTs)
14/06/2021: +6 ECTs (36/120 ECTs)
15/06/2021: +9 ECTs (45/120 ECTs)
29/06/2021: +9 ECTs (54/120 ECTs)
11/11/2021: +6 ECTs from internship (60/120 ECTs)
17/01/2022: +6 ECTs (66/120 ECTs)
24/05/2022: +9 ECTs (75/120 ECTs, this was a tough one)
21/06/2022: +6 ECTs (81/120 ECTs)
16/09/2022: +6 ECTs (87/120 ECTs)
15/02/2023: +9 ECTs (96/120 ECTs, the hardest one)
xx/04/2023: Everything is completed...

Important notes!

Since the studies are going quite well, I would like to add some new notes to this thread. In particular, I would inform you that the exams account for a total of 90 ECTs out of 120. The remaining 30 are split between an internship (6 ECTs) and the thesis (24 ECTs). At the end of the 90 ECTs linked to the exams, I will be able to anticipate if multiple winners will be picked (it will depend on my estimated graduation mark).

Important notes! #2

Considering some of the comments about the "picking method" I finally decided to collect all the information by myself and try to contact one of the admins of Steamgifts to let him/her run the wheel.

Last Important notes

Dear guys...my journey has come to an end...I finally did it. Now that everything is completed, I can officially say that I received the honors from the commission for my grades and the thesis. I want to thank my parents, my brothers, and my girlfriend, who helped me to stay focused and supported me through the whole academic path.
Since now, 18 May 2023, I close the entries for this event, which lasted for more than 2 years...I really want to thank everyone of you guys, for the support and for the kind words spread during my master's degree. They really helped me to achieve my results. Without being emotional, let's shift to the spicy part:

FINALLY, THE WINNER IS...

slurredprey

The selection has been made through the well-known "Wheel of Fortune", under the supervision of a SteamGifts moderator, which kindly helped me in setting everything up for a correct draw. Above you can see the video of the selection

Frequently Asked Questions

1) Is this giveaway related to your thesis? (thank you Filipi for first asking)

• Short answer: NO. This is just an idea that jumped to my mind to keep me up during the last "scholastic" months of my life.

2) Why are you doing this? (thank you PeterShepard for first asking)

• Basically graduation day is one of the most important days in our life (I guess?)...I already have a bachelor but I think that it isn't the same thing as a master's degree. In a few words, I would like to share my happiness with one of you, who followed in some way my journey

3) What kind of help do you need? (thank you Bo0Mz for first asking)

• I don't need any "material" help for my journey neither for exams nor (future) thesis. I just want you to write down the game of your dreams and have a free chance to win it

4) What are your plans? What are you majoring in? (thank Neomixer for first asking)

• I'm attending a master's degree in finance

5) When's your graduation? (thank you Filipi again for first asking)

• This is the point of the "game". My graduation date is potentially unknown (even to myself). I obviously want to graduate as soon as possible but you have to consider this is a long-term event (I would like to believe early 2022 is more than likely EDIT: Ahah, NO paolo)

6) What does ECT stand for? (thank you PossiblePsycho for first asking)

• ECTs stands for "European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System" which expresses the weight of each exam in the degree. For our purpose, you can see them as the "progress" of my journey

7) How is going your journey?

• Well, I will update this thread as soon as I increase my ECTs. The next increase is likely to be in January 2021.

8) Can I wait for a closer day to choose my pick?

• Of course, but keep in mind that, since the journey is expected to take some time, you can also change your choice till the day before my graduation

9) Do you plan on going for a doctorate? (thank you RaisinCookiesAreGood for first asking)

• Even if I enjoy helping students, I think that the journey would be too long for me...and after years of studying, I feel a bit tired. I would like to apply what I've studied and maybe find a quiet place to work

P.s: I thank everyone who helps me in formatting text or makes this thread cuter. Every suggestion is welcome.

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Would you like to help me taking my grade writing down a game you would like to receive if you are picked?

View Results
Yeah, why not...after all it's always free
No, I really don't care about your life
Yes, do your best!
You will fail miserably

Red Dead Redemption 2

Good luck.

3 years ago

Thank you for joining us! :)

3 years ago

Good luck on you journey!

Alternate Jake Hunter: DAEDALUS

3 years ago

Thank you for joining! :)

3 years ago

Graduation is one of a milestone in our life. After that, there is a huge multiple path of life that had to be wisely chosen.
But, this COVID-19 pandemic situation made something became hard than a normal situation.

Anyway, good luck dude. I'll believe you can finish your master degree in time.
And I've pick : NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139...

3 years ago

You are completly right! For sure this situation doesn't help at all...however I have been lucky so far...time can be recovered somehow but once you lose health...it's gone
Thank you so far for joining :)

3 years ago

wow, mate, good luck on getting your degree! :)
The game I would love to have is "Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice"

3 years ago

3 years ago

May I pick my game on January 2022 :)

3 years ago

By the way what you do is a great way to boost best wishes.
Even that sounds silly to so many people I red research papers about prayers, energy work etc and it works.

I send you my best wishes :)

3 years ago

Sure! Feel free to choose your pick when you would! I will make a sheet to collect all the entries as soon as I have (more) time :)

3 years ago

Do you think it will take a year because it is what it is or because you are procastinating?
I have a book for that if you need.
I have been procastinating myself but I heard it is agreat one :D

The-Path-of-Least-Resistance

3 years ago

Well. until April 2022 I'm still "in course" so it's the correct time. Of course I would like to end it as soon as possible! In general 2 years are enough (from Sept 2019 tp Sept 2021). However I started (formally) in Feb 2020 (even if the course has started in Sept 2019)...and this is one of the reasons I'm "late"...Of course there are other variables which must be considered :D

Anyway if you would kindly shoot the title of the book, I will be glad to take a look (I ask for a friend :D)!

3 years ago

"The Path of Least Resistance" is the book's title by the way :D

3 years ago

Thank you, I will suggest it to my gf ;)

3 years ago

Good luck with your degree!

My pick is Death Stranding

Edit after a year: I already bought Death Stranding haha. If i could change my choice, it would be Red Dead Redemption 2.

As another graduate student, good luck and congratulation in advance again!

3 years ago*

3 years ago

This sounds to me like to concept of doing something good to others so you can have your karma cleansed and then get a better luck...

Anyway, my game of wish is "Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition".

3 years ago

Well, it's not properly correct. I don't belive in "karma" or whatever...I mean, I belive in some sort of destiny (call it God, fate..as you wish). I'm deeply religious yes but not in that way..I belive it doesn't work like a boomerang :D

3 years ago

I understand, but still, it doesn't hurt to be kind to others, regardless whether you believe in karma or not. :)

3 years ago

At all! You are completly right! :)

3 years ago

Fallout 4 GOTY :)

Good luck.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Mafia: Definitive Edition

I was among the lucky ones not having to write a thesis for my graduation. I can only imagine how stressful it must be.

Good luck with your studies.

3 years ago

Well the thesis itself isn't so much stressful (unless you are short of time and deadlines are behind the corner). The hard work is collecting high grades and ECTS!
So far, thank you for joining :)

3 years ago

I wish you best of luck with your degree, I am sure your graduation will be a day to be remembered.
Now if only i could graduate from my university that would be great. (It's been 6 years since i started, and still no degree :( damnit).
Anyway the game i would like to have is medieval dynasty.

3 years ago

Ow, I'm really sorry about that...more time you spend on uni and more tired you get...This is why I would like to boost my efforts and finish it as soon as possible with the best grades...Come on man, don't give up! :)

3 years ago

good luck gan

my pick is Cyberpunk 2077

3 years ago

3 years ago

Good luck on your master degree! :)

I would like to pick Horizon Zero Dawn™ Complete Edition.

3 years ago

3 years ago

Hope u gonna graduate soon with good score
I am doing master too but in marketing, but I think probably not gonna finish it, because I found the researching thing so dull and tiring
My pick is Mafia 1 Definitive edition

3 years ago

Man, you have to do it! Many subjects are out of our interests but it doesn't mean that the whole path isn't worth itself! :)

3 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement, gonna rethink about that

3 years ago

You have to man! :D Keep me updated ;)

3 years ago

I wish you good luck in your studies and in everything you do!
If by any chance I win, I would like to pick Cyberpunk 2077 :D

3 years ago

Thank you for joining :)

3 years ago

I wish you all the best for your studies !
If you pick this comment in the end, my choice would be Mafia Definitive Edition (the remake) because I finished it this weekend and found it really awesome : of course I don't need a second copy, I would be happy to see a GA made by you in my name for the nice SG people :) Or you can just pick someone else, of course !

3 years ago

Great, so if your comment will be picked, I should create a GA in your name with Mafia Definitive Edition correct? :D

EDIT: Feel free to have a pick anyway man!

3 years ago

My choice of game is Cyberpunk 2077!!!

Wish you the best in your studies!!!

3 years ago

Thank you for joining us :)

3 years ago

I would like to pick Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition.

Good luck on your master degree!

Cheers!:)

3 years ago

3 years ago

I wish you all the best with your study

I would like to pick Ittle Dew 2+

3 years ago

Thank you for joining us :)

3 years ago

Good luck !

I pick Microsoft Flight Simulator

3 years ago*

3 years ago

Best of luck on the degree! Working on my Master's in Electrical & Computer Engineering and having a rough go of it this semester :/ That's what I get for taking a tough elective... Hope your journey is a bit less bumpy!

If I had to pick a game, I would say... Outward.

3 years ago

I perfectly understeand your situation :D My one is kinda the same...Anyway good pick, I've played it with my brother and it's quite challanging but also funny...I don't know if played alone is the same.
Anyway thank you for joining us :)

3 years ago

Well, if it helps: I wish for The Last Of Us.

Best of luck with your masters!

3 years ago*

3 years ago

Work hard, you can get it done! Hope you do well!

I will go for Resident Evil 2 Remake. Thank you for the chance

3 years ago*

Thank you man for joining us :)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Thank you for the beautiful words! But please, feel free to choose a possible pick...there is always something in our hidden drawer :)

3 years ago

Good luck with it !
I'd go as a choice with Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition (if I won't buy it in meantime).

3 years ago

Happy cake day meanwhile! Don't worry if you get it before my graduation, you can just change your pick ;)

3 years ago

Thanks!
The game doesn't really matter, just graduate and all will be awesome!

3 years ago

Thank you man, I will keep you updated :)

3 years ago

I just submitted my thesis a month ago so I feel your pain. Hope all goes well for you! I don't know how you will be able to afford to give away a game just after being a student for so long but good luck!

I am a big fan of Baldur's Gate and wouldn't mind getting the complete saga, but I think a more normal choice would be Kerbal Space Program 2 (if it ever comes out, haha).

3 years ago

Nah it's not a problem at all don't worry! I work here and there to afford my everyday expenses (like go out with friends and so on) + I get paid annually by University for tutoring. The point is that you don't need to feel guilty if your choice is "too expensive"..the average costs of a AAA game is what? 60€? 70? maybe 80? Well I have all the time to get such amount of money..and trust me, just for the insane amount of good messages I got here on Steamgifts, it's really worth the "economic effort"! :D

3 years ago

Ah that's a much nicer way of looking at it than what I was thinking. Good to hear that you seem to be on top of your work and still able to enjoy yourself! It's a tough balance to strike which I've failed at many times. Good luck again!

3 years ago

Yeah but it's all apparence :D I would be more balanced than I am in reality...Don't give up mate, the success is just the right attempt after many failures, keep running to catch your dreams! :D

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.