Hades - Defy the god of the dead as you hack and slash out of the Underworld in this rogue-like dungeon crawler from the creators of Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre.

Pyre - Pyre is a party-based RPG from the creators of Bastion and Transistor. Lead your band of exiles to freedom through a series of mystical competitions in the Campaign, or challenge a friend to a fast-paced ritual showdown in the head-to-head Versus Mode

Hades is in early access right now, but it seems to have a lot of positive reviews but according to developer that discount will be continued during the winter sale. I'll probably wait, but I thought I'd let all the rogue-like, hack-n-slash, RPG lovers know. Edited out my opinion

Thanks to RATT78 for extended 20% discount info.
Thanks InSpec for clarifying that the bug is fixed.

Finally decided to pop my Discussions cherry with my first post :D

4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Initially was an issue with the FREE copy of Pyre, people reported they recived the giftable (in the inventory) and the game redeemed on their library (license), i dont know if this issue was finally fixed, but just in case, the game activated on the library cant be installed and is revoked after you restart steam (as some user reported too), so if you want a copy of Pyre for yourself do not rush to gift the copy you get on your inventory.

I asking about this in Hades community forums but cant find the thread, also while i search for it i found this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1145360/discussions/0/3124866963982075668/

Sort version:

User : Is there gonna be a bigger discount on Winter Sale?
Devs : The current offer of 20% off plus a free, giftable copy of Pyre will extend through the Winter Sale.

So the 20% OFF (plus the Pyre Gift) will be extended over the winter sales too.

4 years ago

Wow, thanks for the deep info :D

4 years ago

Issue with extra copy of Pyre was fixed - all extra copies in Library were revoked as far as I know.
After Hades purchase you only get giftable copy of Pyre (I bought Hades couple days ago and activated Pyre on my account, so everything was fixed and you can buy Hades to get Pyre for yourself).

4 years ago

Thanks for the update.
=)

4 years ago

Thanks for letting me know. I didn't see that discussion. Do you think I should take mine down, then? Don't want to make duplicate posts.

4 years ago

Don't delete it, this was very helpful.
That topic isn't updated with new info by OP, and not everyone checks that for other deals. It's nice to have a separate one with the actual title of the game.

4 years ago

Alright, sounds good :)

4 years ago

Yeah, keep this. That other is a general thread, but I wouldn't think to look there ever.

You made a really helpful post which brought it to our attention. This is a good deal for those interested in Hades, particularly if they don't already own Pyre.

4 years ago

Great. I'll keep it.

4 years ago

if something, gift applies to the region, where u buy the game.

4 years ago

Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding your question. It sounds like you're asking if there is a gift restriction by region. I don't know the answer to that.

4 years ago

its confirmation, that you get region locked gifts, depending in what region u buy game.

4 years ago

I wouldn't know that. Sorry :(

4 years ago

Yeah, that applies every time as far as I know. Mine was locked to LATAM.

4 years ago

Pyre bump

View attached image.
4 years ago

it's not free if you have to pay. it's a reduction on a bundle

4 years ago

Where in the post does it say it's free though? It says deals, not free.

4 years ago

from OP : "I always love these buy one get one free types of deals"

from RATT78 : "Devs : The current offer of 20% off plus a free, giftable copy of Pyre will extend through the Winter Sale" and "Initially was an issue with the FREE copy of Pyre"

and from CristianElite's link

and on the store page of both games

and as a general statement

4 years ago

'Buy one get one free type DEALS'

But sure I guess if you want to truly get technical.

4 years ago

Alright, edited out my choice of words. It does use the word "free" on the store page.

4 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by AlvinCanCabbage.