continue here >>> https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/MvEM8/to-enter-or-not-to-enter-please-bump-mistery-form

While my bundle? key supply lasts, I will add one new giveaway to last cart of this train (if you can call it a train at the beginning) every 24 hours. When one cart giveaway ends, next one will start.

Please bump once in a while

Original first giveaway in this train for historical reasons: locomotive

I started to make some music. You can check my songs below:

Vairogs - Viking Path North (tried some folk, sounds nordic)

Vairogs - Morning Dew (experimental, kinda classical with some melody)

Vairogs - Piano Beat (experimental, classical base with some beat elements)

Vairogs - Experimental Swing (experimental, tried electro swing for first time)

Vairogs - Swingless Road (still a bit experimental, but bit more electro swing)

Vairogs - Bored To The Metal (experimental, instrumental metal)

Vairogs - Rebellion (would like to think that it's martial industrial or neofolk)

Vairogs - Dead Man's Pass (kinda ambient or martial industrial)

Vairogs - Playground Doom (experimental, ambient or doom like)

Vairogs - Such A Wannabe (experimental, bit of ambient, bit of industrial metal (ndh))

Vairogs - Folkness (experimental, slow folk, maybe too slow but still learning)

Vairogs - 57.023N24.146E (experimental, bit slow upbeat ambient with some marching elements)

Vairogs - December Outrun (Upbeat outrun synthwave)

Vairogs - Fastwave (Fast beat edm song with hints of synth/retrowave)

i know i'm not supposed to ask for likes/subscribe (and by all means this is not against anyone) but all i see is great comments and so on but nobody is actually liking videos or subscribing ;(

View attached image.
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bump

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

don't do that

3 years ago

Okay, sorry. I'll delete the coment.

3 years ago

Bump!

3 years ago

Been a few hours since the last bump, so bump!

3 years ago

Have a bump :3

3 years ago

bump

3 years ago

bump ^^

3 years ago

Bumpity.

3 years ago

Hey, just wanted to let you know that the two pieces of music that I really liked the overall sound and melody of were Playground Doom and Rebellion. I unfortunately had no idea what was being said by the speaker throughout Rebellion. I liked some of the elements of Such A Wannabe. I think I might've liked Folkness if it had either been faster or if its speed fluctuated more frequently.

Overall, I think you did pretty good with them (certainly better than I could/can). My only real criticism is that if felt like most of them sounded very similar to one another. I'm not certain if you used the same "instruments" and/or whether you varied their musical outputs. (It should be obvious that creating music—with real instruments or not—is not something I know much about, so pardon any poor wording as I attempt to frame my thoughts around what I heard.) What I meant by the "musical output" bit (if it wasn't clear), is that there are many different wind and stringed instruments for instance, many types of guitars, flutes, etc., but it sounds as if you're using the same ones for each piece. Unfortunately, without a huge shift in style from one musical piece to the next, it has the side-effect of creating a feeling of sameness between the musical pieces.

I'm assuming you used software to compose these pieces. If this is correct, my suggestion/opinion would be to expand the program's library so that each "flute," "guitar," or what-have-you don't sound the same when hitting the same notes.

At any rate, just my thoughts, but I think you're off to a good start. I hope my criticism came across as I intended—constructive rather than simply negative.

Cheers Ozo2003!
c[O,..,O]p

PS: I suppose you can also consider this my bump. :P

3 years ago

thank you about the comment.
about similarities, well, I might agree to some point. as i am still learning, i tend to use stuff i already know. and my biggest problem is that most of sound creation software is meant for windows or mac systems, and since I am on Linux, i need to use what is there and in most cases it's something too broad or too packed up in one. i love Linux and open-source is the best source yet since most of it is completely free, it tend to pack up too much in one

3 years ago

I totally understand and I tend to agree with those points as well. This isn't something I tend to really search for, but aren't there various Windows emulators for Linux? I think one of them is called Wine or the like? I don't know how resource-intensive running an emulated OS may be on a computer, but it's something to consider.

I'd assumed you were in the process of teaching yourself the ins-and-outs of using the software. Hmm, I've never really had the time to invest in trying to learn such things even though I've wanted to for, well, longer than I'd care to admit. The only advice I can give you is probably what you already know and may have done: Find wikis for the process of tweaking the instruments' sounds or creating your own "instruments." I don't necessarily mean a wiki for the specific program you're using (though, if it exists to such a degree that would probably be great), but rather the intellectual aspects or approaches to doing so. I guess it may be more apt to refer to it as a form of "music theory."

Regardless, Ozo2003, I wish you well in your endeavors. I don't have a ton of time to spend online and often don't see most discussions. That said, if you specifically desire my opinions on music (or anything else), just comment on something of mine somewhere so that I see that I have a message in the future and can give you my two-cents (which may actually not even be valued that high, lol) on whatever.

Cheers!
c[O,..,O]p

3 years ago

3 years ago

Bump

3 years ago

Bump :)

3 years ago