THIRD TRAIN IS OUT! I apologize for being away for a LONG while. Even delayed the last train. Really sorry

As some of you may know from my last Halloween event, it is absolutely my favorite holiday! So once more, I could not let it go by without some shenanigans! My last Halloween event was almost too late, but I want this one to be a bit different, so I planned it to last for the whole month.

So, this is how it's going to work:

• There will be 3 different community trains, each with their own themes. The games on each train and the theme of them will be only revealed when the train releases.
  • There will be one new train released every 10 days (almost :P), on the planned dates of 10/01, 10/10 (oopsie) and 10/20. Despite their different beginning dates, they will all finish on 10/31 at the time specified on the title.
  • I will also make a train exclusively for my whitelist, which will run for the whole month. I will be adding games to it as I see fit. Will explain to WL how to join the train later on the discussion.

Despite of knowing about the, aham, scripts and cheaters workarounds available to use on Jigidi, I still think it is one of the most fun ways to lock a giveaway behind. I do enjoy solving some other styles of puzzles present here on SG, but I don't really feel like making them myself. I would like them to be themed appropriately, and as I said on my last Halloween event, I had a pretty hard time trying to do that already.
Because of those unfortunate circunstances. I will be requiring proof of completion of the puzzle in the form of a screenshot before sending the game to the winner. Even if the person happens to be cheating, they will have at least wasted time to make their timebank seem reasonable I guess. Very sad that people go to that level, but I hope the winners aren't like that.

The Jigidis will be themed according to the train's thematic or to the games contained inside. As a little tease, I will be revealing the pictures for each train, but not anything else!

Here they are!

A friend of mine, Neomixer (yep same from other events lol) gave me some help both with deciding the games being given away and suggestions for the Jigidis. Give him some love too :D

Enough chit-chat, let's talk about the reason y'all are here.

You need to be at least level 3 to join the giveaways inside

The 1st train is...

Let's Kick Some Ass

You can enter here

The 2nd train is...

Cherry Blossom Weebs (one day early, due to an unexpected trip)

You can enter here

The 3rd train is... (decided to use a new image)

Vibin' to a new brain level (one day late, to balance it out :P)

You can enter here

I hope y'all enjoy the trains!

This is how it's going to work to my ๐Ÿ’™. You will have to complete at least one of the trains to be able to access the whitelist train. I will add the first two characters of the GA code at the end of each train. The last three characters are on this past whitelist GA. Put them together and you will have access to the WL train!

Currently, the ๐Ÿ’™ train consists of:

I asked for anime and manga recommendations last time and found a bunch of stuff I really enjoyed. This time tho, I will be a bit more specific on my request. Don't feel obligated to do it, but I would appreciate it!

If you can leave some recommendations to stuff similar to Quintessential Quintuplets, Kaguya-sama, Spy x Family, Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai or Nagatoro, it would be nice, please. Preferable if they are available on Crunchyroll, Mangadex and/or Viz/Shonen Jump. Also, would love if you could share wallpapers of the aforementioned (by me) anime. Overwatch and Borussia Dortmund's wallpapers will also be appreciated.

If you are blacklisted for whatever reason, leave a comment and I can give it a 2nd thought :)

There are some people asking me how to join my whitelist, so this is the clearest answer, I think:
"It is pretty subjective. Some people are there because they have good ratios or 'cause they do a lot for SG community, also have some SG staff, my friends (all met here or gaming) or just because they are nice people that I met through SG and I like to appreciate them with some nice exclusive GAs! There isn't really a "definite way" to join my whitelist. Just be yourself and you might end up there!" I have 109 people on my whitelist currently.

If something doesn't work properly on any trains/Jigidis, please reach me so we can sort it out.

I wish you a great October!

Small list of my fave Halloween/Horror movies and songs (will get updated throughout the month):

Movies (not ranked accordingly)

Songs (not ranked accordingly)

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Thank you for this event :)

You are the best cyberpunk bartender!

Now shot of tequila and shot of brandy all mixed with pumpkin spice please!

2 years ago

Bump!^^

2 years ago

Bump.

2 years ago

Bump

2 years ago

Bump :3

2 years ago

Thanks for the train.i solved 46 minute for 2nd puzzle. Have a good day :)

2 years ago

Bump!

2 years ago

what will happen after we solved the puzzles?

2 years ago

There will be a link to the giveaways, just copy/paste it into the browser then.

2 years ago

bump

2 years ago

bump!

2 years ago

That reminds me that I haven't read the latest book of Interspecies Reviewers, thanks!

2 years ago

Always love a good jigig.
I used to make these more - but found out that there's people using auto solvers,. kind of ruins the idea.

Still good fun to run this one ^^ been a while.
Nowhere near the leaderboard with 39 minutes though.

2 years ago

Boo bump! :)

2 years ago

Thanks for the event! I'm slow for puzzles, but Halloween is my favorite season haha.
I want to recommend something, for the effort in the event. It sure doesn't have much to do with what you asked for, but Dororo seems like a great anime to watch, and for some reason it's on YouTube.
Cheers and a big bump for resolved!

2 years ago

2nd bump!

2 years ago

Bump! =)

2 years ago

I'm apparently not whitelisted so I can't enter the bonus train. (shrug) Still, nice trains, and I like how they're each more or less themed.

Oh, and obviously bump.

2 years ago

Bump for 1st puzzle solved.

Is it possible to add me to your whistelist ?

Thanks for the event !

2 years ago

Sakamoto Days always needs more recognition.
Since the anime has just started, Blue Period, if you are interested in art/artists

2 years ago

bump for weeaboos

2 years ago

Bump and thanks for the trains

View attached image.
2 years ago

Aw dammit I thought I could avoid the 2nd train as I own pretty much every sakura game, except forest, but nope 1 on wishlist and that unreal looks interesting. Oh that picture how did you know I was playing it

2 years ago

Oh man, loved the first image but it was so difficult. There were just too many similar looking areas, but solved it ultimately, just for that one game I was interested in. Thanks a lot these awesome GAs! Also appreciate you letting us know the games beforehand (saved me the trouble of solving the second one).

Try "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". I haven't seen any of the stuff you listed (though three of them are in my watch list), so probably I can't recommend more rn, but just hit me up whenever you need anime recommendation. I used to watch a lot of anime, and believe I should be able to help you. Though I might need a bigger list of stuff you liked in the past or better recommend more stuff.

2 years ago

Oh I own the disappearance movie, it was weird but also interesting. made me want to give the actual series ago but still yet to bother with that and sadly probably wont. Maybe if I rewatch it ill be like yes lets watch the anime

2 years ago

Oh, disappearance is the sequel, and not as fun as the first series imo. If you liked the movie, you should definitely fist the first series a go.
Also, there are kind of 2 first series, the first was released in 2006 and the next, which is something like a more complete remake, was released in 2009. However the "remake" is infamous for the "Endless 8" arc, which is a little annoying, intentionally, so just remember that it can be skipped, or watched at 4x speed, if you want.
Also, there are some fan recommended viewing order for the first "first" series, though I liked it even in the normal order. Just in case you are interested.

2 years ago

Considering I went into the movie without any idea who these people were, I didn't feel like it really put me off. It was kinda like huh this is a bit weird but it also seems to be a daily occurrence so nothing to worry about I guess

2 years ago*

lol... that's weird but if you were able to enjoy the sequel without any prior knowledge of the series, idk, maybe you might like the rest too.
Note that the movie is quite different from the series. The first series is a lot more light hearted, and um, different in more ways.
You can refer this if you wish to watch more in this series: https://anidb.net/anime/6367/relation/graph

2 years ago

yeah normally I refuse to watch things without seeing it what it was, but at the time I had no internet or anything and it was something that was selling very cheap in cex. It gave me some entertainment when I didn't have chance to play games or anything. If it had the dvd for the series itself I probably would've brought it as well but you just rely on what everyone else has passed on. There was a good amount of ghibli movies there also so I got a nice little collection of those also

2 years ago

I see, guess you couldn't help it.
Oh, I love Ghibli. Though somehow I am no longer able to make me start any of their movies any more, but I still find them entertaining. I guess I have just moved on to different from those type of movies or something, but I still love them.
If you like Ghibli like moves, I'd also recommend pretty much anything by anything Mamoru Hosoda, or at least anything since "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time".

2 years ago

Guess what I actually own that movie XD

2 years ago

Oh, that's nice. Did you like it?

2 years ago

I think it was another weird one but yeah I enjoyed pretty much all the dvds I brought. Summer wars also gets a bit weird, but when I saw that koi koi game on steam it just reminded me of that. Unlike Mahjong its something I can play and enjoy and not question who felt this was a good idea

2 years ago

Really? I felt that both these movies were great. I don't remember TGWLTT that well anymore, but I remember Summer Wars quite well. It has some really far fetched sci-fi elements, but otherwise it had nothing I would call weird.
Anyway, to each to his own.

2 years ago

Well for me it was weird, anime wasn't really something I watched so you know I wasn't used to everything that happens. Anyone who watches anime would be like yeah thats totally normal, but you stick folks who don't watch it and its like huh why is that happening. I'm not saying its a bad weird, again I liked all the things I had but my only experience was visual novels and yugioh which I didn't even know was an anime until I was an adult

2 years ago

No worries, I understand. I didn't take it in a negative way, and understood you liked it despite finding it weird :D
Well, anime can be a bit really weird at times. I have watched a lot of anime and even I get weirded out by some of them. There were a few anime tha were just so weird that it felt like a case PTSD after watching them. Though mainstream stuff is almost always fine.

2 years ago

Yeah I feel like I watched them now it would be a case of yep that's totally normal nothing crazy there. It has been like 5ish years since I've seen certain movies. It's like with my visual novels, I feel like you could throw anything my way now and I'd be totally fine with it. But give it to 15/16 year old me who only did princess evangile and fruit of grisaia it probably wouldn't turn out so well

2 years ago

Yup, agreed.

2 years ago

Bump :)

2 years ago

Bump

2 years ago

Closed 2 years ago by Escruidin.