Has anyone bought any of the flash deals? Wondering what kind of free games and bonus offers they are giving...

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Those prices tho

View attached image.
6 years ago

Skyrim special deal 20€ ^^

it is on steam for 7.5€ for years now

6 years ago

No, that's the Special Edition which only released last year

6 years ago

Yeah but you would have gotten it for free if you bought skyrim with all DLC before the release ;)

6 years ago

I can help a little, as far as I am aware the main bonuses (free games/coupon etc) only apply to the 6 flash deal games that day but some coupons should work on more.

I have purchased 4 flash deals so far and got:

4x 25% Off New Release Titles coupon (no used)
4x 10% Off All Titles Key coupon (10% off sale price for 1 single game)
4x Mystery Game =
SPACE RIBBON
MAINLINING
GUNSLUGS
OCEAN CITY RACING REDUX

6 years ago

Did you get two coupons and a mystery game for each flash purchase?

6 years ago

Yes a 25, a 10 and a mystery game for each purchase

6 years ago

I wonder why I didn't get any coupons. Was it sent via mail?

PS: I asked GMG support, and apparently the coupons were not given out during the Indie warm up sale.

View attached image.
6 years ago*

Gunslugs is garbage filler.
Mainlining is in a bundle right now.
Space Ribbon sounds familiar somehow. Anyone else confirm bundled status?

I picked up a flash deal game and got "Skytime".

6 years ago

dont think Space Ribbon has been bundled but i believe i have seen it like 90% off on Humble store a few times lately

6 years ago

I got this when I bought Shadow Of Mordor GOTY

http://store.steampowered.com/app/581100/Langoth/

6 years ago

Could be worse. That actually doesn't look too bad

6 years ago

I'm going to guess that's pretty much all the game will have going for it, the visuals and only at a glance.
It's one of the ways they instill false value. Another way is by using keys to games that are low in quality but that have a strangely high price on the store (the illusion of a good deal), such as my go-to example of "Spirited Hearts Deluxe" which still sells for £15 but is a pretty awful.

If you're going to buy a flash deal, do it for the flash deal game itself. Please don't let the offer of a freebie tempt you, because just like the 'random hot keys' con, it's just empty fluff.

6 years ago

I'd call that lucky then. I mean I doubt it's an amazing game by any means but it isn't crap. I've been curious about for a while tbh.

6 years ago

I bought Beat Cop, the mystery game was The Pasture. I wish it had been Mainlining, now that it sounds as if that would have been a possibility.

6 years ago

If it helps, Mainlining is one of the games in the Killer Bundle X. Got about 2 days left from the time of this message.

6 years ago

I know. Thanks for telling me though. :)
I was hoping I could save the money, since that game, and possibly Monochroma, are the only ones I'm really interested in.

6 years ago

I was looking at War for the Overworld that seemed to be a best price but it was "sold out" already. I think it was 76% + 15% off so it would have been around $6

6 years ago

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/war-for-the-overworld/
I only see 19%.

But i got the Underlord Edition for ~7,50€ in the tradesection some time ago.
Cool game but the campaign is a bit short

6 years ago

it was a flash sale so it's not at that discount anymore

6 years ago

It's GMG, a place that frequently offers 'special deals' on their 'mystery keys'. The answer is almost certainly low-tier bundle fodder, and probably dipping into their wellspring of keys for games that were previously given away for free.

6 years ago*

I bought the Life is Strange complete season and got:

a 10% off everything coupon, a 25% off new releases coupon, and a free game: Ocean City Racing Redux, which has absolutely terrible reviews. Like most things GMG related, if you find something there you really want at a good price, grab it - but don't let any bonuses sway your judgement.

I DID get a AAA game in a loot box once, but I damn well knew I was basically setting my money on fire when I bought it. The chance of something good appearing is abysmally low. Sure, the possibility might exist but its only there to tempt impulse. The percent chance is so low its like winning the lottery if it happens and should be thought of as such.

6 years ago*

I got Sweatshop and The Last Door Season one as bonus games.

6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago by NucularS.