The craziest game you could possibly try to achievement hunt is Garry's Mod. The game has some seriously hard and tedious achievements, like playing with Garry who doesn't play the game anymore, or playing for an entire year (around 8000 hours in the game). Anyone attempting 100% would be crazy and so this game is one of the reasons I will never achieve 100% achievement completion on Steam.

There are however a few achievements that would be cool to get - the workshop ones. These are the achievements you can get:

• Your uploads got 10 thumbs
  • Your uploads got 100 thumbs
  • Your uploads got 1000 thumbs
  • One upload got 1000 thumbs

And today, I will be trying to get all of these with your help! Because I have no actual talent to get the achievement in a more proper way. And I will reward you, I promise.

This is how this will work: I have a crapton of games to give away here. Every milestone I get, I will start a GA. At 1000 thumbs, I will give away Slime Rancher 2!

LIKE THIS WORKSHOP ITEM (if you own the game)

Click on the thumbs up directly below the picture. I don't need you to subscribe to this, seriously, it's just a copied item from the base game.

Game Goal Giveaway
Fun with Ragdolls: The Game 10 thumbs Until 22 Nov 16:30 CET
Evoland Legendary Edition 100 thumbs Until 23 Nov 18:00 CET
Out There: Ω Edition 200 thumbs Until 24 Jul 10:00 CET
Alekhine's Gun 225 thumbs Until 9 Aug 18:00 CET
Ballpoint Universe - Infinite 250 thumbs Until 9 Mar 10:00 CET
Gloria Victis 260 thumbs -
Castaway Paradise - Life sim with Animals 270 thumbs -
Draw Slasher 280 thumbs -
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove! 290 thumbs -
Back 4 Blood 300 thumbs -
Codex of Victory 310 thumbs -
EarthX 320 thumbs -
Yoku's Island Express 330 thumbs -
GemCraft - Chasing Shadows 340 thumbs -
Popup Dungeon 350 thumbs -
Heavy Burger 360 thumbs -
SUPERHOT 370 thumbs -
Out of Reach: Treasure Royale 380 thumbs -
Lichdom: Battlemage 390 thumbs -
Spyro™ Reignited Trilogy 400 thumbs -
Lucius 410 thumbs -
POSTAL 2 420 thumbs -
Moonlighter 430 thumbs -
Post Void 440 thumbs -
Crying Suns 450 thumbs -
POSTAL Redux 460 thumbs -
Rise of Insanity 470 thumbs -
Vagante 480 thumbs -
Broken Age 490 thumbs -
Fable Anniversary 500 thumbs -
Sir, You Are Being Hunted 510 thumbs -
CHUCHEL Cherry Edition 520 thumbs -
Radio Commander 530 thumbs -
Tooth and Tail 540 thumbs -
Wizard of Legend 550 thumbs -
Star Wolves 3: Civil War 560 thumbs -
Super 3-D Noah's Ark 570 thumbs -
Shing! 580 thumbs -
Pawnbarian 590 thumbs -
Kerbal Space Program 600 thumbs -
TRI: Of Friendship and Madness 610 thumbs -
Sigma Theory: Global Cold War 620 thumbs -
Orbital Racer 630 thumbs -
911 Operator 640 thumbs -
The Long Dark 650 thumbs -
Lust from Beyond: M Edition 660 thumbs -
The Keep 670 thumbs -
The Light Keeps Us Safe 680 thumbs -
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons 690 thumbs -
Amnesia: Rebirth 700 thumbs -
NecroWorm 710 thumbs -
West of Dead 720 thumbs -
Wandersong 730 thumbs -
Roarr! The Adventures of Rampage Rex 740 thumbs -
PGA TOUR 2K21 750 thumbs -
The Signal From Tölva 760 thumbs -
Necronator: Dead Wrong 770 thumbs -
Fury Unleashed 780 thumbs -
Neverout 790 thumbs -
ENDLESS™ Space 2 800 thumbs -
Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry 810 thumbs -
This War of Mine 820 thumbs -
Soulblight 830 thumbs -
ΔV: Rings of Saturn 840 thumbs -
World's Dawn 850 thumbs -
Ring of Pain 860 thumbs -
Wargroove 870 thumbs -
Hexologic 890 thumbs -
A Hat in Time 900 thumbs -
Pikuniku 910 thumbs -
Skullgirls 2nd Encore 920 thumbs -
Pixplode 930 thumbs -
Telefrag VR 940 thumbs -
The Amazing American Circus 950 thumbs -
Expeditions: Viking 960 thumbs -
Amnesia Collection 970 thumbs -
INMOST 980 thumbs -
112 Operator 990 thumbs -
Slime Rancher 2 1000 thumbs -
3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

The best food from Sweden is...?

View Results
Surströmming
Princess cake
Meatballs
Smörgåstårta
Knäckebröd
Kanelbulle

As a fellow achievement hunter i have tried to help, however it won't let me like it as i don't own the game but i will give you a BUMP :)

3 years ago

Haha oh no, you have to own the game? This will take some time then! :P

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Your account does not have sufficient privileges to perform this action. Please make sure that you own this game and that your account is in good standing.

I tried but.. :(

3 years ago

I've done my part, for the Wasa Knäckebrot!

3 years ago

Not an owner of the game here either, sorry, but I'm curious to know if Surströmming is a dish you personally eat regularly. There are some pretty funny videos on Youtube about it :)

3 years ago

No, I don't eat surströmming, my family is on the "how the hell could you eat that" team. :S

3 years ago

:D

3 years ago

There really are people there who eat it themselves and not just troll tourists with it?

3 years ago

Yeah, there are. I think it's mostly a holiday food and it's more popular among older folks. Everyone agrees that the smell is awful though, that's why the proper way to open it is outside, under water, and let it be there for a while. That's not what the YouTube people are doing :D

3 years ago

I was curious about it and tried it some years ago.
The worst thing was opening up the can because of the initial smell and the sight of the liquid inside starts to make bubbles and forms a skin on the surface.

If you wash it like spookypannkaka said and then eat it alongside other stuff it is actually quite good.
We did it with cooked potatos and raw onions and some vodka, after we where done eating.

3 years ago

Yeah why eat cold smoked or salt cured salmon or anything actually good when you can eat rotten fish that requires a bottle of vodka before it starts to look like a good idea?

https://satwcomic.com/nordics-like-fish

3 years ago

The vodka was there because we had a party going on and it was not necessary to cover anything.

I personaly see no diferenece to black tea, Kimchi, Sauerkraut and every other fermented stuff.

But if you want to be close minded about it be my guest.

3 years ago

Milk and veggies are meant to be fermented, meat including fish just rots. Just like there are delicious moldy cheeses but nobody thinks moldy veggies are a delicacy. There is nothing close minded about it, just common sense.

3 years ago

Because you provided a picture showing Hákarl i take this as an example.
Hákarl (fish) needs to be fermented otherwise it is poisenous.
Fischsauce is made from fermented fish as well.
Tempeh is made similiar to blue cheese (soybeans with added noble mold), tempeh is no delicacy though, it is basic food.

You deserve to have your personal perception of things and your opinion about it.
But your personal opinion does not need to be consistent with common sense.
Especially when the common sense regarding food differs by a large amount depending where you are from

3 years ago

Yeah right, just open a can of that toxic waste and ask 1000 people around the world if they think it's common sense to eat it. Common sense says to not eat poisonous sharks at all. Fish sauce just tastes bad compared to stock made from fresh fish. Tofu is a kind of cheese so makes sense it could be moldy as well. Do you eat moldy bread and veggies you find in your own kitchen and if not, why? What about rotten eggs, shouldn't you consider them a delicacy even if they smell like the sulphury pits of hell?

Nobody, I mean literally nobody, thought it's the greatest thing ever in the earlier centuries where the horror was born. They just lacked adequate refridgeration to stop the rotting so that was all they could eat at certain times. It wasn't never meant to improve the food in any way and they would gladly have stopped eating it if they had the chance. But now people are richer and can choose so they try to feel nostalgic about those famine years by eating the same things.

You eat toxic waste all you want because you got trolled by the Swedes and vodka, doesn't mean it makes any kind of sense to anyone else.

3 years ago*

I´am speaking of fermentet and not rotten stuff.
If you do not know the difference thats on you.

I am actually eating self fermentet stuff. Grain, beans, vegetables on a regular basis.

And even today people decide to eat fermented produchts on a regular basis.
Be it a drink like kombucha, be it vegetables like kimchi and sauerkraut, be it as sauce Sojasauce, Fish sauce etc.
Again i speak about fermented stuff not rotten!

I get it you do not like it but why are you getting so mad about it?

Just so you know with whom you are talking too.
I am a vegan for almost 20 years now, the only exceptions i make is to try stuff i have never eaten in my life before. Surströmming was one of those exceptions.
From my viewpoint everything related to meat and fish is rotten and dead when you eat it. And it continous to do so in your stomach but i do not start and try to force my opinion about it on you.

3 years ago*

Like I said, all of the stuff you eat as a part of your regular diet is meant to be fermented. I love yoghurts, sauerkraut with bratwurst, kimchi with korean bbq, kombucha because it's healthy etc. None of that smells like death and most are quite good for your health.

Milk and veggies ferment, meat rots. That's the main difference no matter how you try to twist it. And sour herring is rotten fish just like illustrated in the comic. Would you eat any rotten meat if some people long ago had to eat it because they had nothing else? Or random roadkill you find so the animal life doesn't go to waste? In your stomach the rotting process of meat to shit gives you nutrients, rotting in a barrel for ages before eaten does not.

That it comes from Sweden and is used mainly to troll tourists with is reason enough to hate anything. And no, I will never even go near that waste. Here's another fine example of what hipsters today eat and pay a premium price for as "health food", bark powder

3 years ago*

Salami or a dry aged steak is also a fermented product just to name you examples for fermented meat products.

3 years ago

Dry aging or air curing are still completely different from wet rotting as we can clearly see from the smell alone. They make the meat more delicious and not smell like death.

3 years ago

To quote your accusation from two comments ago partially.
"No matter how you try to twist it".
What your interpretion of fermeting is does not matter a fermented product is a fermented product.

3 years ago*

Sure it is as we can see by comparing the smells of a delicious salami and a rotten herring. They sure do smell the same indicating they are equally edible. My interpretation or even yours has very little to do with facts.

3 years ago

"That it comes from Sweden and is used mainly to troll tourists"

Haha not trying to get into this argument (and not touching on the "from Sweden" part lmao), surströmming is seriously a thing that people eat. It's traditional food. I don't know any tourists who come here to smell some surströmming as part of their tourism experience, and the food we do recommend are mostly the desserts ("fika") and potatoes and meatballs with lingonberry jam and brownsauce.

3 years ago

That's exactly what a Swede trolling a tourist would say!

3 years ago

Thank you for bringing us back right to the beginning of this argument.
I welcomed you to be closed minded about this topic.
It was merly a statement that you are welcome to have your own taste.
This invitation still stands.

But please excuse me if i do not want to participate on your assumptions and own interpretions anymore.

There are so much different food on earth and what you deem to be disgestible is mainly based on where you are raised and your personal taste.

3 years ago

If you don't want to participate with your illusions and own interpretations anymore then the thing to do is to stop, not continue.

What is edible is defined by the access to real food. Nobody would eat something disgusting if they had the choice. Just because some places on Earth are overpopulated so heavily that they don't all have access to food means that they will eat anything even closely resembling food to survive. Doesn't still mean others have to.

3 years ago*

A Swede three comments above yours:

Surströmming is seriously a thing that people eat. It's traditional food.

You:

Nobody would eat something disgusting if they had the choice.

[...] illusions and own interpretations [...]

To me it looks like you are arguing just for the sake of it, aren't you?

3 years ago

That's exactly what a Swede trolling a tourist would say!

I don't care what it looks to you, but go smell that deathly toxic waste and come tell us then how common the sense of eating it is.

I also already talked about the rich hipsters who pretend to be so open minded by eating all the stuff people suffering from actual famine were forced to. Then they can feel superior because they too have suffered so much.

3 years ago

If you speak with a person whos only goal is to get his argument through then the thing to do is to stop.
It is not my job to educate strangers on the internet.

If you read through my arguments it is a straight line.
My basic argument is surströmming is a fermented product which is true.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surstr%C3%B6mming
https://visitsweden.com/what-to-do/food-drink/food/swedish-kitchen/fermented-herring/
https://www.surstromming.com/how-many-fermented-herrings-do-i-need.html
https://www.routesnorth.com/things-to-do-in-sweden/surstromming-trying-swedens-stinkiest-food/
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20120605-swedens-stinky-tradition
https://www.chronic-wanderlust.com/curious-dishes-surstromming-why-do-people-eat-rotten-herring/

Your arguments if you have arguments at all are.
Nobody who has a choice eats it which is false.
Surströmming is not fermeted which is also false.

Still here we are with you denying reality and accuse me to be falling to my own illusions.
Regardless you will come with another answer and proof again that your are not willing to accept what does not fit your view of things.

3 years ago

You say stop, then you say a wall of text. That's a false statement if any. See how you make your arguments untrustworthy right at the beginning?

You eat rotten fish all you want, nobody is trying to take that away from you. You're the one trying to deny the reality that very few want to, unless they get trolled by Swedes and lots of vodka. How about you try to accept that reality and your view of things can match reality like mine? What you are currently suffering is a form of the sunk cost fallacy. You got trolled, you ate the rotten fish and now you're desperately trying to justify it by making up reasons to not feel so stupid about it.

3 years ago

All your arguments are just roundabout and as the discussions continoue you start to lash out because you can´t provide valid arguments for what you try to say.

3 years ago*

Sure since I trolled you to eat rotten fish, not. I troll people to eat hot stuff, not rotten, so you are wrong once again. Come back when you want to wash the rotten taste out of your mouth with couple million scovilles. <-- was a response to your getting trolled by me argument that you edited

I'm not lashing out on anyone, just rotten food. You're the one who is desperately trying to come up with a valid argument for how foolish you were instead of just admitting to having gotten trolled and falling for it. I have no need to come up with anything since not eating rotten food really is valid common sense unless you're suffering from famine.

3 years ago*

Ok then i write it again. This time i let it be.

The only Troll here is you. Trying to get more and more attention without being able to say something worthwile.

Take care of yourself bye

3 years ago

Only thing you have been saying over and over is that people should eat rotten fish and I'm the troll here, sure yeah right.

You didn't have anything worthwhile to say so you just kept going on how rotten fish is the best thing ever even when almost everyone can figure out to not eat it. You got trolled by Swedes to eat it and are now trying to make yourself feel better about being so foolish by trolling others to eat it. I'd rather stop that cycle of vomiting.

Take care of yourself and stop eating or at least promoting rotten fish.

3 years ago

Knäckebrot!

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

3 years ago

I hadn't planned on it, but I guess I have to for the achievement! D:

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Haha omg how is knäckebröd so popular. I didn't think it would be recognized but I added it because PewDiePie made it a thing. I miss my Polarbröd Vetekaka!

3 years ago

I got 10 thumbs, so the first GA is up! I didn't know you could only like this if you own the game, so if you want to help me reach the higher goals, maybe you could spread this to someone you know? :)

Also please note that dislikes don't count towards the achievement. I know this is worthy of a dislike, but it isn't going to help us reach the goal.

3 years ago

Done, and Knäckebröd got my vote.

3 years ago

Bump

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

3 years ago

Isn't it easier to "cheese" it by asking someone that already has the likes on a workshop item to add you as a contributor?

3 years ago

Maybe, but where's the fun in that?

3 years ago

Good luck with your challenge then :)
I would thumbs up, but I don't own the game. :(

3 years ago

it's also easier to just use SAM then

3 years ago*

The difference being that what I suggested is approved by achievement hunters while SAM isn't.

3 years ago

why not? have my thumb!

3 years ago

I know there is also a Steam achievements hunters group that used to help each other out. :)

3 years ago

I did put this in 100% Achievements Group too :)

3 years ago

Good job. :)

3 years ago

Don't own the game, but you get a bump. lol.

Perfect Gamer Group is active and help each other to get 100% as well, so you might want to try that one.

3 years ago

You should try to email him, there were people who could convince him to run a community event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vCjfj1JTKM Join this group and try to organize the event with them: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/100Pals/discussions/0/1776010325104758260/

You got my upvote, happy hunting. :)

3 years ago

sadly i don't have the game but bump

3 years ago

I think calling köttbullar meatballs is unfair to the voting results :p

3 years ago

Haha I used the translation for those that I knew had a translation, which ended up barely being any of them

3 years ago

Maybe cinnamon buns for kanelbullar, though it probably is only close to the truth... I love them either way ;D
(Don't own the game, but had to read through food discussions^^)

2 years ago

"Cinnamon buns" outside Sweden is this weird thing with glaze on them while Swedish cinnamon buns ("kanelbullar") have pearl sugar on top. I didn't really want to confuse people when we clearly use a different recipe than the rest of the world :p

2 years ago

Liked, favorited and subscribed but evil Steam wont let me award it :(

3 years ago

Oh god it doesn't need to be rewarded... like it's the same poop container from the game LOL

3 years ago

It's not like I play the game or have any other use for those silly points so I thought it would be funny, but Steam is all "No fun allowed!"

3 years ago

Well it is appreciated anyway! :O

3 years ago

I know how much of a pain it is to get the thumbs up, so I left you one. Good luck!

3 years ago

You made me actually sign into steam in my web browser just to give you a thumbs up. I dont care about the giveaways surprisingly, I just wanted to help someone with that achievement. Hope you reach the mega one.

3 years ago

I've given it a thumbs up, best of luck!

3 years ago

Have a 👍

3 years ago

Definitively Köttbullar!

I had to google all other foods except Knäckebröd. Surströmming sounds horrible.

Also gave you a thumb.

3 years ago

Cant help as I don't have the game so here's a bump instead

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.