Guys, the year is almost over, so now is a good time to look back at it. Did you enjoy it? Did you have any cool stories? Major changes in your life?

Summary: To me, it was an interesting year. I stopped being single in January, and abandoned the relationship just this Friday. I flew to many cities and countries. Among others, I finally saw Rome and entered the Colosseum. I got a minor pay rise, but failed to change my job.

Resolutions: Push up challenge and "weider six"; find a new partner and/or a group to travel with; increase my income (probably by project management certifications and changing the job)

What about you?

6 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

How would you describe 2017?

View Results
Fantastic
Very good
Good
Mediocre
Bad
Very bad
Terrible

Great year of love, health and happiness!

6 years ago

mixed years as well. did you like rome? I'm italian and i've never been there yet :D

good: changed job (but still same field), found a girlfriend, bought and built my first gaming pc.

bad: new job is not in the field i want to be in, mixed the bitcoin train (twice in the last 4 years, both time because i got stopped by ex gfs). so yeah not easy to let this one go!

and, have you found any good pm certfifcation? I'm also looking to get some, but not sure on which one are actually worth the price.

6 years ago

Rome was awesome! it was my first time in Italy, later I flew to Milan, and it was bland. It felt like a German city. Btw I was shocked how traffic functions in Rome, it's a chaos :D

I'm probably getting Prince 2 (should be sponsored by the company I work at), and maybe ITIL

6 years ago

To me, it's been terrible.

My epilepsy came back, leading to my dismissal since my former employer are ignorant fucks.
I've had to break off contact with my brother.
My uncle and aunt which I actually loved decided to ditch me even though I've always been good to them.
Merkel is still chancellor.

Yeah if you ask me 2017 can go fuck itself.

6 years ago

Yeah, health issues are horrible, I have one, so I know what you're talking about.
Merkel is still there, but you live in a country where it's impossible to be poor. You will always have a place to live and food to eat no matter what you do, this can't be said about other countries.

6 years ago

Ouch. I sympathize with you on the epilepsy. I've had it all my life too. Not fun with the restrictions.

6 years ago

Not the worst year in my life, that's for sure. At least there were no deaths in the family, no endings of meaningful relationships and so on. It's basically same old for me. I'm still unemployed, single, stupid, ugly and worthless. And I also live with my parents, I guess, that's not exactly normal considering I'm over 30. My sister hates me, and both my friends are miserable (one has a heavily autistic son and, of course, is therefore divorced, another is losing her eyesight). I have a couple of depression relapses every year. And I also live in Russia, oh joy.

Resolutions: honestly, the only thing I can think of is suicide, but that's kind of a luxury, I can't do that to my mother and my tiny niece.

6 years ago

I ain't gonna say "stay strong" or such bullshit, but it's worth focusing on what can still be done. As far as I'm concerned Russia is a terrible place to live, maybe start by trying to move west? Even if you start as a cleaning lady you will probably have a much better life anyway. Ugly is easy to fix, it's a matter of money and overall happiness. Almost everyone who smiles looks nice.

6 years ago

Hmm, I can't complain about 2017, that's for sure. Good friends, good times. Picked up a new job through my old one, and because of that, I've met a lot of really cool people and seen/done things I wouldn't otherwise get to do.

Sounds like you had a pretty amazing 2017, and that's great to hear. Cheers to 2018 being even better. :D
Oh, and I totally misread "weider six" as "weirder sex." O.o

6 years ago

Lmao :D

6 years ago

Way better than last year. Esp last 3 months :33:

6 years ago

Same as every year. It sucked. And 2018 is going to suck just as bad. Maybe worse if we don't get rid of the certain imbecile in charge.

6 years ago

No complaints here... no health issues, no financial problems, no family troubles.

Being happy with my partner and being able to enjoy every moment of my daughter growing up is almost all I need to make me happy :)

Here's to a great 2018 for everyone!

6 years ago

It was quite good, could've been better, could've been worse, but I'm sure 2018 is gonna get much better :D
Happy New Year to all of you :)

6 years ago

every year the same thing

6 years ago

My salary dropped 30% and I have won 20 fewer gifts than estimated according to my Steamgifts stats. But I still consider myself lucky and life is good!

View attached image.
6 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.