*Exploded Scallop

4 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

4 years ago

I don't think they are egg rolls, more like fried spring rolls.

4 years ago

I actually didn't realize they were different >_>

4 years ago

For Chinese people, they refer egg rolls to egg roll cookies. Sometimes stuffed with meat floss, egg as main ingredient of the wrapper, is a sweet (not stuffed)/ salty snack (w/meat floss), often prepackaged.
While spring rolls are often stuffed with sliced veggies (both fried and not fried), sometimes with sliced meat or shrimp inside which is considered dim sum (fried). flour as main ingredient of the wrapper.

4 years ago

But spring rolls can also refer to the clear rice wrapper rolls.

4 years ago

Yes, always non-fried with rice wrapper.

4 years ago

salivating like there's no tomorrow, here.

- in Italy Involtino (roll) Primavera (spring) is the most iconic Chinese food -

also beware: do never google fo' spring rolls!

View attached image.
4 years ago

What do scallops taste like? I imagine it would taste like a clam.

4 years ago

Too hard to describe... You need to try it yourself :P

4 years ago

They're a lot sweeter than clams and have a more intense seafood flavor, with a bit of an almond/hazelnut finish that lends itself beautifully to pairing with brown butter. I wouldn't say they are extremely far from clams but they are a lot more delicate overall, in flavor and texture.
One of my earlier chefs called it the coconut of the sea lol. Might be a little exaggerated but it definitely has a suble sweet flavor, and a nutty element.

4 years ago

I'll try it someday, who knows :)

4 years ago

1408? hmmm.....

View attached image.
4 years ago

Is there really a scallop there? xD Apparently someone in the world somewhere started interchanging egg rolls and spring rolls so now I see lots images and posts on google saying since egg is used in the wrapper, they are now egg rolls. Anything with meat/veggies wrapped in wrapper I call it spring roll, just different types of them, like how burgers can have different bread on top but is still a burger.

I believe what they now call egg roll cookies / biscuit rolls is what originally was the true egg rolls. It's what I used to snack on as a kid.

View attached image.
4 years ago

Apparently someone in the world somewhere started interchanging egg rolls and spring rolls
It's a US issue that spread a little all over instagram and social media, yeah.

4 years ago

throw some Italian in there and have Fried spring roll bread sticks dipped in balsamic vinegar olive oil.

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.