This thread will no longer be updated.

This used to be a thread called "Limited time, 100% Free-to-keep PC games right now", where I, together with many helpful members of the community, documented which PC games were free to claim at any given moment. I started it when the COVID-19 pandemic started in the whole world and developers/publishers were doing promotions faster than one could keep track of everything. Since the situation is calmer now, keeping track of things to that level isn't needed.

The thread is now a free games news thread which relies on comments to function - if you find an interesting offer for a free game, feel free to comment and let others know! Here I have also put links to useful places where you can find out about and/or collect free games as they appear.

Comment Formatting Guide

When commenting, please put the full name of the game/promotion, which platform it is on, and a link to the promotion/the relevant SG thread.
For example "Bad Rats: the Rats' Revenge free on Steam [link to Steam page]"

Useful Links

Steam

SteamDB page for free Steam promotions - follow this page to know every upcoming or ongoing free-to-keep or free weekend Steam game.

SG thread for free Steam soundtracks - a thread that collects free soundtracks you can claim on Steam.

SG thread for paid-now-free Steam games of 2020 - thread that collects Steam games that are now free to get (as FreeOnDemand)
Paid-now-free Steam games of 2019

Epic Games

Free games page on Epic Games Store - Epic Games Store's own page for their free game promotions.

SG thread for free Epic Games promotions - follow this thread to find out about and discuss new free games on Epic.

A Total War Saga: TROY Epic Games promo - the game will be free-to-keep on Epic Games on August 13th.

GOG

GOG Free Games Collection - a collection of free games to claim on GOG.
Higurashi 1 free game promotion - another game GOG is offering for free during the COVID-19 pandemic.

IndieGala

galaFreebies - IndieGala's own page for freebies from their website

IndieGala showcase - IndieGala's own page where they collect games you can claim for free on their website.

SG thread for free IndieGala games - follow this thread to find out about new, free games on IndieGala.

itch.io

Self-isolation on a budget - an itch.io collection that collected games one could claim for free during the COVID-19 pandemic. No longer updated, but contains a few games that are still free.

SG thread for free itch.io games - thread collecting games to claim for free on itch.io for a limited time.

Microsoft

Top free games on Microsoft Store - not a page but a search filter, this will show some free games able to be claimed on the Microsoft Store. (May not be all of them)

Uplay

Ubisoft Free Events page - Ubisoft's page for their own free game promotions.

Other links

Big Fish free games page - a collection of free games Big Fish are offering during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Crusader Kings II free DLC promotion - sign up to the newsletter to receive a Steam key for The Old Gods DLC, or refer people to get the Pagan Fury music pack.
Endless Space Collection free promotion - link your Games2Gether account to your Steam account to receive Endless Space Collection on Steam for free.

Currently free games on Steam (no new games will be added, these will be removed as they end)

Game Start End ASF command Info
Wide Cross ? ? !addlicense ASF 345425 Works using SteamDB
The Scream ? ? !addlicense ASF 369917 Works using SteamDB
Tennis World Tour - Denis Shapovalov 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454711 -
Tennis World Tour - Alex De Minaur 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454715 -
Tennis World Tour - Caroline Garcia 2020-04-23 16:00 UTC 2020-12-01 18:00 UTC !addlicense ASF 454706 -
4 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

https://www.gog.com/game/symmetry

Symmetry is free for limited time in 48 hours

4 years ago

You can still get "The Old Gods" expansion and "Pagan Fury - Warrior Queen" music pack for Crusader Kings II if you don't have it: https://www.crusaderkings.com/
Lux Delux is also free: https://sillysoft.net/contact/luxdown.php

Edit: No need to download the demo for Lux Delux, after you got your game key (check your email), just type your key after "regkey="
https://sillysoft.net/contact/steamkey.php?regkey=
The key looks like this: LD-JWQH46-FFCY-R3NA-ADB8-6FVQ-TWPP

4 years ago*

Lux Delux seems to be over

4 years ago

I guess they restocked. Check again!

4 years ago

All the Lux-down the Lockdown copies have been given away already. Thanks for your interest.

Maybe it's a region thing but the message didn't change for me.

4 years ago

Yeah, I get the same...

4 years ago

Lux Delux is just a demo

4 years ago

after upate from LaVolpe99, it worked!
it activated for me this sub

4 years ago

how can i get the pagan fury music pack?

4 years ago

Refer four people that complete the sign-up process and receive the Pagan Music pack for free

4 years ago

Thank you, worked like a charm!

4 years ago

Some keys have been revoked , same say it's because dev had the hump due to people not using the downloaded file launcher thingy to get the steam key.
So if you haven't done it yet ,probably best to not get the key from that REGKEY= thing.

4 years ago

4 years ago

Thanx!

!addlicense ASF 447968

4 years ago

Pinball FX3 Care Package:
!addlicense ASF 447069

(Added OK)

4 years ago

Add Caelus Trident on Steam

4 years ago

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1052920/Caelus_Trident/

Expire 6 April 2020 – 19:00:00 UTC

4 years ago

Add this:
Caelus Trident

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1052920/Caelus_Trident/
Start Time: 3 April 2020 – 19:00:00 UTC
ExpiryTime: 6 April 2020 – 19:00:00 UTC
Source: https://steamdb.info/sub/447968
!addlicense asf 447968

4 years ago

Add Lost Daughter

4 years ago

For anyone wondering: 16 April - 20 April
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1008690/Lost_Daughter/

4 years ago

Already had it.....
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods

LVNRx-MHGMG-A0MQy

x=10-2
y=10-7

4 years ago

Used by a silent one. Thank you, anyway. :)

4 years ago

Regions Of Ruin
https://store.steampowered.com/app/680360/Regions_Of_Ruin/
ASF User: !addlicense ASF s/448125

7 April 2020 – 06:00:00 UTC
4 April 2020 – 08:00:00 UTC

4 years ago

4 years ago

ASF: !addlicense ASF 448125, 263696 (Game+DLC)

4 years ago

ty

4 years ago

For Pinball FX3 Care Package

If you already have some DLCs and you can't activate the package try it here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/646670/Pinball_FX3__Aliens_vs_Pinball/ click on download

4 years ago

!addlicense ASF 447069

4 years ago

One fairly high quality title that I noticed was not in this list was KeeperRL
https://store.steampowered.com/app/329970/KeeperRL/

The developer posted a DRMfree build of Alpha 29 back in mid March. While the "Event" has ended, the download is still available and may interest some people.
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/329970/view/2836644651902355969

4 years ago

Checking this thread daily. Thank you!

+1

4 years ago

regions of ruin + dlc

4 years ago

Thank you for the info!

4 years ago

Great Thread! Thank you!

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

1. thanks for this topic and an extra thank you to you for continuously updating it
  2. You mistyped the end datum for Regions of Ruin, it is on the 7th April. According to your table, it is ended 2 hours before it started.
4 years ago

I believe in time travel. I'm also human. Thank you for pointing it out!

4 years ago

https://register.ubisoft.com/might_and_magic_chess_royale/
don't know start date or end date

f2p

4 years ago*

I thought I saw it before when I added the other Uplay freebies but thought it was FTP or permanently free so I didn't add it then, is this a limited free-to-keep promotion?

4 years ago*

Dammit, you are right, this is f2p with microtransactions... The way you add to account fooled me

4 years ago

Yeah, I saw it too with Rabbids Coding, that is also a permanently free game you add to your account :/

4 years ago

Ticket to Ride: First Journey isnt free at this time :(

4 years ago

Is today 9th April? Dammit I sleept too much again :/

4 years ago

Starts at the 9th, I put future start dates in bold text so it's easier to see.

Sorry for having it in a confusing way, there are probably ways to have future start dates in an easier way to keep track of but right now this list takes a lot of maintenance as it is (and I'm temporarily writing this on a laptop with a terrible touchpad). For now I need to keep things as low-maintenance as I can.

4 years ago

Thanks for the clarification. Now we understand better :)

4 years ago

This is also a good thread to keep up with free itch.io games, so you may want to add that too https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/kGstL/free-itchio-games-and-everything-on-100-sale/search?page=20#WeYNYA1

4 years ago

Sorry but I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to, do you want me to add the link to that thread? I can do that.

4 years ago

Yes that's what I'm saying, to add it to your thread.

4 years ago

Alright guys, I am once again asking for your support.

I'm hearing that people find the structure here confusing, and I have agreed from the start. When I started this I didn't really expect there to be 100 games at once and I need to keep track of new games to be added, promotions starting and games that need to be removed in large quantities every single day. People aren't really telling me either when a promotion actually starts or when I should remove a game, so I have been trying to keep track of it on my own which is pretty hard to maintain. So it ended up being sorted by end times so I could see when a game should be removed, so at the very least games that don't belong here aren't here, at the cost of being easy for others to use this.

This thread started with like 5 games at one time and just look at what it has become. So I'm looking to restructure the whole thing to 1. be easier for you guys to use while also 2. being possible for me to handle. Does anyone have any ideas how I should go about this?

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

4 years ago

First of all, thank you for doing all this work for us!

If it's not too much extra work, I would separate at least the Steam table into two: Currently free, and upcoming.

As it is now, sorted by end date, I've found it a tiny bit confusing to see at a glance which ones are actually free right now and which of those I might still be missing :)

4 years ago

I've been thinking of separating them into two. I'd also want to kind of highlight when a promotion actually starts in a way so people can actually see it.

The easiest thing to do for visibility would probably be to use addition-date order instead of end-times, but if I switch the order and cutting the games into two charts I will need people to tell me when a game should be moved from the "upcoming" chart to the "currently free" chart and when a game needs to be removed from the thread completely because it will be harder for me to see that.

Also if I'm going to have a chart for upcoming games, it would be confusing if other platforms/providers aren't included in that chart so that's going to be a mix of everything.

4 years ago

I can write userscript for your thread like I did in my (udemy), where I can color them in categories: upcoming, later today, launched, wiill end today, ended; but it will require instaling greasemonkey/tampermonkey and this future script :)

4 years ago

Is your script automatically updated or are you so awesome that you're actually keeping track of it all with all those details? I think I prefer to do my own charts but if you have some sort of trick to make it easier I would love to hear it.

I'm not actually sure so many details need to be here though. I get the impression that people come here to just grab whatever is new.

I'm thinking of doing things the way I described above at least. I'd like to have it in a way where I would only need to update this once a day at most.

4 years ago

AFAIR his script parses the end date cell of each row and colors it based on the actual date. It also replaces the content of the cell with a more informative "time until it happens" text. For example, in this thread you could "dynamically" alter the contents in the table by coloring the rows but also changing the "Start" and "End" cells with "Starts in xxd xxh xxm"/"Active"/"Ended" and full date/"Ends in xxd xxh xxm" or "Ended".

4 years ago

this^

I'll do for test this script tommorow (today I'm too sleepy)

4 years ago

I put manually rows into chart, but I "generate" that row with bookmarklet (I enter promotional site, clicking a bookmark and it generate final row for me) if you want I can write something similar for you for steamdb too :)
Thing about userscript were explained very well by @@devotee (I couldn't do explain this better)

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

4 years ago

THIS

4 years ago

4 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.