August 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ August 28th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† September 4th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Vampyr:

• Everyone (exceptSaudi Arabia) receives a key that can be activated anywhere apart from Saudi Arabia. {182686}
  • Saudi Arabia receives as a replacement a 5$ coupon expiring on October 2nd.

Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition

Automachef

Notes:

• Hello Neighbor and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek count as 1 choice (you will get two separate keys)
  • American Fugitive was given for free with Twitch Prime (February 2020)
  • Automachef was given for free with Twitch Prime (August 2019)
  • Hello Neighbor was given for free by Epic (December 2019)
  • Vampyr is included in Origin Access Basic.

There are reports of "A Case of Distrust" keys being duplicates, even if they are unrevealed. Some still work.

๐ŸŒŸ NEW 2023-01-20: Hello Neighbor and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek restocked. (source)

๐ŸŽŠ Classic & Premium subscribers get all 12 (actually 13) games for this month only. ๐ŸŽŠ

Light or Basic subscribers who upgrade to Premium are also eligible.

NEW SUBSCRIBERS JOIN FOR ONLY $12

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Vampyr 74% of 8381 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/427290 W 0 $39.99
Hello Neighbor 80% of 3366 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/521890 W 1 $29.99
Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek 90% of 61 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/960420 W 0 $29.99
Wargroove 85% of 2734 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/607050 W 0 $19.99
Call of Cthulhu 74% of 3898 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/399810 W 0 $29.99
Little Big Workshop 88% of 1328 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/574720 W M 0 $19.99
Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition 72% of 603 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/712190 W 0 $29.99
Automachef 76% of 269 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/984800 W 0 $14.99
Through The Darkest of Times 88% of 319 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1003090 W M 0 $14.99
American Fugitive 75% of 913 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/934780 W 1 $19.99
The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters 98% of 842 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1045720 W M L 0 $14.99
We Were Here Together 88% of 2870 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.95 CV app/865360 W M 0 $12.99
A Case of Distrust 87% of 141 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/717610 W M 0 $14.99

Retail:

• $292.87

CV:

Humble Original / Extras:

• BOOTH (DRM-Free)
  • WILDFIRE SNEAK PEEK (DRM-Free)
  • ZODIAC XX (DRM-Free)

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

How much do you enjoy this bundle?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] After I survived Through The Darkest of Times, Humble has a decent month again. I regret nothing.
[New subscription] I see some amazing titles in here and if I use one of those T3 promotional coupons / discount emails they have been pumping out the past weeks, Iโ€™ll get it even cheaper.
[Maybe subscribe] My lockdown budget and I are going to have a long hard talk about whether We can afford some Little Big splurging.
[Pause] In this particular selection, the bad / not interesting games outweigh the good ones for me. I donโ€™t see why I should waste a paid-for month.
[Cancelling] Too much hassle to pause every single month. Once I complete the cancellation minigame, I'll have some fresh peace of mind.
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] This time you don't need to Distrust the quality of the games; sadly they're not particularly my thing.
[Potato] My Humble account was banned/disabled because of gift links, so even if I wanted to buy it, I couldnโ€™t.

Wow, first month not a single game I'm interested in. Another pause for me.

3 years ago

Kind of interested in Vampyr and We Were Here Together, but not enough to keep the bundle. Looks like another pause for me. At this rate my year of Humble Classic is gonna last my whole lifetime :-/

3 years ago

Four games wishlisted on there, instant unlock for me.

3 years ago

Does anyone knows how does changing the billing cycle work?
I currently have 12-month cycle, ending in december, but there is the option to change to monthly one.
Will I keep my currently paid months? I would like to switch, so I could get and use those coupons for pausing.

3 years ago

You can change from annual to monthly now, and you will next be charged in December for that month. You won't lose any months.

3 years ago

Bear in mind that you can only use the pause coupon once. People have gotten them more than once for pausing at different times, but couldn't use the coupons since they'd already taken advantage of a similar deal previously.

3 years ago

Glad that I totally dodged vampyr and call of cthulhu on the last sales

3 years ago

Since HB forbids to giveaway the leftovers, I've no interest in this month (only 2 games I'd like and don't already own).
Pro tip => if you try to pause your sub and are lucky, you can be offered a 4 USD coupon to stay subscribed. Take it, then go back to settings page and try again to pause. This time ignore the coupon offer and pause your sub. You keep the coupon, it is valid until november 6th.

3 years ago

Thanks for the PRO

3 years ago

Thanks for the tip! I only got $2 off coupon though. Well, better than nothing.

3 years ago

Sadly, this doesn't work if you claimed August games already..

3 years ago

Buy!

3 years ago

Will do so!

3 years ago

\o/

3 years ago

That's a prettt effing strong bundle for me. I instantly got it. Vampyr, Cthulhu, Wargroove, Automachef, Little Big Workshop, We Were Here Together, and I might even keep one or two of the other titles. I mean, I can't ask for more value then that.

3 years ago

Care to give me a quick synopsis on each and why Iโ€™d want to play them? My first impression was not good, but most of the games I never heard of

Thank you

3 years ago

Uff, I'm not sure I'm the right guy to ask. Automachef and Little Big Workshop are sort of in the same ballpark. I like games like Factorio or Big Pharma for instance where you in the simplest sense has to make products with the resources you're given. Slowly making bigger and bigger production lines and making them more and more effecient.
Wargroove is purely for the tactics aspect of it.
Vampyr isn't something I'm super excited about, but it still looks like a decent adventure game.I think it's sort of have the same mechanics like Thief or Styx where as it's not completely free roam like Skyrim, but a lot of freedom do explore and do missions in different ways.
Cthulhu is also an adventure game, but more focused on being a detective.
We Were Here Together is the 3rd game in the series. They're usually fairly short games. You join up with a random person (Or a friend) and you have to navigate yourself through random puzzles. One person will be having the answers to the other persons puzzles, and you have to talk and work together to solve the puzzles.

I'm not really sure this is what you were looking for.

3 years ago

I kinda got that a lot - people who are enthusiastic about this bundle but can't tell me why.
Usually there are one or two games I know to be standout, and maybe a few more I've heard of and am mildly interested in. this time, there are two I'm mildly intersted in and the rest are unknown

3 years ago

Games are so subjective -- you might be better off researching them yourself and seeing if they appeal to you.

3 years ago

people who are enthusiastic about this bundle but can't tell me why.

It's twelve great games for $1 each. People like good deals, so they're understandably enthusiastic.

3 years ago

I sort of get what you mean, I think. I've bought these bundles in the past, and usually it's been because there were 1 or 2 great games that I was really interested in. For this one, it's more like there's a lot of games that I think sounds pretty OK.
But as ExpiredWaffle also pointed out, since I have so many games in this bundle that I'm at least mildly interested in, it's just a great deal. I considered Cthulhu in the latest summer sale, but I'm glad I skipped it.

3 years ago

thing is, my backlog is so big, adding a bunch of games I'm mildly interested in is a complete waste.... the odds of my ever playing half of these is pretty small

3 years ago

I think most of us in the same boat :3

3 years ago

In my book it's a lot of games that would by themselves qualify as the standout games in a Monthly/Choice. Normally this level of 'known names' would be used for 2.5 bundles, with some filler games.
You are right in that they're not 95% positive must-play titles, and in a big library they might disappear out of sight and never be found again. As I tend to approach from a "what would this usually cost me?", or "how long will it take for these to become cheap?" POV to judge bundle quality, perhaps I easily overlook the "will I have regrets if I never play these in my life?" view.

3 years ago

The scary thing is, most of these games Iโ€™d be happy to buy on the cheap, but Iโ€™ll probably never play. I might start up one or two, but the rest are going to disappear in my backlog

3 years ago

Still no option to just do a 1 time gift option to yourself.

3 years ago

A one month coupon is just $9 via the Double Fine bundle, but you do have to provide some payment methods, sure?

3 years ago

Meant in the poll. :)

And yes that big discount only applies if you attach a credit card or something (which i don't have), i still get 1 euro off or something, as long i have enough on my paypal, it's the only way for me to get the bundles like that, but the coupon each month saves some.

3 years ago

Just subscribe and pause inmediatly afterwards or cancel if you dont want to pause every month.

3 years ago

Wargroove, Vampyr, A Case of Distrust I actually considered buying before? To the backlog, then!

3 years ago

Best bundle ever. I've waited so long for Call of Cthulhu & Vampyr to be in it :D never thought they will be in one bundle though

3 years ago

I have the same.. have been tempted to buy both in the past months because they went quite a lot of times on sale, but always didn't buy to hoping it will end up in the humble monthly, but never expected them to be in the same one :D

3 years ago

10.60 โ‚ฌ for 10 games for myself and Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu for the wifey? Don't mind me if I do :)

3 years ago

Try to pause it. Thay might offer $2 or $4 off coupon.

3 years ago

It's funny how they try to make Choice interesting for people evey month and fail... They just had to break the good method that Monthly was...

3 years ago

I wanted to play Vampyr, Wargroove, Hello Neighbor, Call of Cthulhu, The Coma 2 and We Were Here Together so it's a very good month for me.

Good thing I resisted last Vampyr sale :D

3 years ago

Eh, actually not that great of a week for me. Vampyr and Call of Cthulhu are the only ones I wanted.

3 years ago

Maybe you'll get lucky in the GAs then.

3 years ago

I stayed subbed anyway :P

3 years ago

Tried to pause and got 4$ of my classic... Not a horrid deal.

3 years ago

Insta-unlock for me. Was waiting for Vampyr to be in there, and then there are several others from my wishlist and lots of nice things I've never heard of and am curious to check out on top of it. And we even get all twelve. Wow, Humble. This feels desperate.

3 years ago

I doubt Choice is going to survive 2020. But hey if we get a few more good ones and extra games from it, it'll have been worth it.

Happy Cake btw :)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

It's starting to look like if you're not into strategy games, you won't really care about half the games in every bundle but I'm getting this one for Vampyr, Call of Cthulhu and American Fugitive (which I just bought off Steam but thankfully can still refund).
Still, more rebundled games, way too many management games and the obligatory FPS. Meh.

I never really felt like I was getting 10 games since they started Choice but at least this time the biggest games are worth the price tag for me.

3 years ago

I sleep

3 years ago

Well sorry to say but I don't think that's a very amazing bundle...
Hello neighbor was bundled (twice).
Vampyr is two years old so most people who wanted it already bought it,
Automachef was in twitch prime.
American Fugitive is currently in an other bundle,
The coma 1 was so much bundled by fanatical that I feel like I will see the 2 in a few month in a bundle too.
We were here together seems to be the sequel of a game humble bundled maybe a year ago ("we were here too" that I don't have (damm'))
So they are doing sequels now.

It's nice to be able to keep them all. I am mostly interested in Wargrove and A Case of Distrust so I may bite but not for now. I'll wait to see how much humble wants to sell it to me.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

And Hello Neighbour was free on Epic as well, if I'm not wrong.

3 years ago

Quick question. So I was offered $4.00 off this month. Is it possible to take the coupon and still pause the month without penalty?

3 years ago

3 years ago

Yup, I did this many times and nothing bad ever happened.

3 years ago

Yes, the coupon has an expiration date so you can use it either for this month or any other month before then.

3 years ago

Nothing much of interest for me, pausing.

3 years ago

Just noticed that you can keep all 12 games if you're a classic or a premium subscriber. Nice, even if i found two games that i couldn't be less interested. Amazing bundle for my taste though, except those two games.

3 years ago

For the first time ever I am putting my sub on hold, very bad bundle :\

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.