August 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ August 28th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† September 4th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Vampyr:

• Everyone (exceptSaudi Arabia) receives a key that can be activated anywhere apart from Saudi Arabia. {182686}
  • Saudi Arabia receives as a replacement a 5$ coupon expiring on October 2nd.

Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition

Automachef

Notes:

• Hello Neighbor and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek count as 1 choice (you will get two separate keys)
  • American Fugitive was given for free with Twitch Prime (February 2020)
  • Automachef was given for free with Twitch Prime (August 2019)
  • Hello Neighbor was given for free by Epic (December 2019)
  • Vampyr is included in Origin Access Basic.

There are reports of "A Case of Distrust" keys being duplicates, even if they are unrevealed. Some still work.

๐ŸŒŸ NEW 2023-01-20: Hello Neighbor and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek restocked. (source)

๐ŸŽŠ Classic & Premium subscribers get all 12 (actually 13) games for this month only. ๐ŸŽŠ

Light or Basic subscribers who upgrade to Premium are also eligible.

NEW SUBSCRIBERS JOIN FOR ONLY $12

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Vampyr 74% of 8381 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/427290 W 0 $39.99
Hello Neighbor 80% of 3366 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/521890 W 1 $29.99
Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek 90% of 61 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/960420 W 0 $29.99
Wargroove 85% of 2734 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/607050 W 0 $19.99
Call of Cthulhu 74% of 3898 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/399810 W 0 $29.99
Little Big Workshop 88% of 1328 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/574720 W M 0 $19.99
Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition 72% of 603 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/712190 W 0 $29.99
Automachef 76% of 269 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/984800 W 0 $14.99
Through The Darkest of Times 88% of 319 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1003090 W M 0 $14.99
American Fugitive 75% of 913 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/934780 W 1 $19.99
The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters 98% of 842 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1045720 W M L 0 $14.99
We Were Here Together 88% of 2870 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.95 CV app/865360 W M 0 $12.99
A Case of Distrust 87% of 141 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/717610 W M 0 $14.99

Retail:

• $292.87

CV:

Humble Original / Extras:

• BOOTH (DRM-Free)
  • WILDFIRE SNEAK PEEK (DRM-Free)
  • ZODIAC XX (DRM-Free)

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

How much do you enjoy this bundle?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] After I survived Through The Darkest of Times, Humble has a decent month again. I regret nothing.
[New subscription] I see some amazing titles in here and if I use one of those T3 promotional coupons / discount emails they have been pumping out the past weeks, Iโ€™ll get it even cheaper.
[Maybe subscribe] My lockdown budget and I are going to have a long hard talk about whether We can afford some Little Big splurging.
[Pause] In this particular selection, the bad / not interesting games outweigh the good ones for me. I donโ€™t see why I should waste a paid-for month.
[Cancelling] Too much hassle to pause every single month. Once I complete the cancellation minigame, I'll have some fresh peace of mind.
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] This time you don't need to Distrust the quality of the games; sadly they're not particularly my thing.
[Potato] My Humble account was banned/disabled because of gift links, so even if I wanted to buy it, I couldnโ€™t.

I just used the "free first month" coupon a few days ago. Oh well!

3 years ago

View attached image.
3 years ago

i dont like this Bundle!

3 years ago

I might be one of the few actually depressed by this bundle.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

It's all a matter of preference.
But, this may be the first choice that I actually pause. We can't like them all. =)

3 years ago

So, some of the games in the bundle don't interest me, but what should I do, since gifting seems out of option and they may track if my account really activated the keys if I reveal them?

3 years ago

Actually, is it still needed to have your Steam account connected to your HB account?

3 years ago

Not unless HB has a giveaway, you need to connect Steam account to claim those.

3 years ago

I see. Thank you

3 years ago

IMO: reveal keys and do whatever with them

3 years ago

Humble Choice became a "pausing my subscription" simulator for me

3 years ago

Got $4 off after trying to pause, nice. I think I'll get this one. Vampyr is on my WL. Little Big Workshop, Automachef, and The Coma 2 are in my watchlist. The others also actually look like I'd play them, except American Fugitive, Genesis Alpha One, and maybe Call of Cthulhu, so I think this is a solid bundle for me.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago*

There is also a delete button ;)

3 years ago

yeah, better than the two last months

3 years ago

Better than last 9 months

3 years ago

why? can you give me a brief synopsis on why each game is great?

3 years ago

another pause for me

3 years ago

how do you pause?

3 years ago

Manage your sub and click on pause.

3 years ago

thanks!

3 years ago

Be cautious when pausing, you have to โ€œpauseโ€ through a few options before youโ€™re actually paused.

You should get an email saying that youโ€™ve successfully paused (and it shows on your sub page that itโ€™s paused) if itโ€™s successful.

3 years ago

thanks, yeah I noticed that they really don't want you to pause. they even offered me a free $2 credit if I changed my mind!

3 years ago

3 wishlisted games? One of the best Humble choices for my taste :)

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Also had 3 wishlisted - Wargroove, Automachef - I don't mind the building/crafting games either, Vampyr is ok, don't care about Cthulhu and I just traded for American Fugitive but oh well - didn't expect HB to give all 12 games. I'll take it handily.

3 years ago*

Meh, seems like I can't get use the $4 again after buying the June bundle.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

This has got to be the worst monthly selection yet!

3 years ago

Are you looking at the July bundle? :p

3 years ago

no, the new August bundle. For me, it sucks.

3 years ago

A few on the wishlist. but nothing I am aching to play.
If I hadn't played Vampyr on free month of origin access would deffo get it.

3 years ago

Went from a maybe to a sub because of how man giveaways I was wanting to enter.

3 years ago

I would have wanted Vampyr, Call of Cthulhu and A Case of Distrust had I not bought them before.

3 years ago

Shouldn't be a surprise, yet it's still often weird how much tastes differ. I loved most of the recent months, had multiple wishlisted in each. This time it's just Vampyr and Wargroove. Might also keep one or two others, but not more.
But hey, good that other people enjoy it and for me it's still a good enough deal.

3 years ago

Well, since most other people seem to be interested in all the games except for The Coma 2, I guess that means more giveaways for me to enter. :D

Seriously though, apart from a slightly clunky and annoying mechanic here and there, The Coma is a pretty decent game. Has a really nice and interesting horror atmosphere. I read that they improved some mechanics in the sequel, so if they kept the atmosphere intact it should be very good. I'd suggest at least giving it a look instead of just discarding it immediately.

3 years ago

Is Genesis Alpha One like Sanctum with spaceship building and roguelite? If so, that sounds great.

Might I like Through the Darkest of Times if I liked Beholder 1 but not Beholder 2? Those were the last dystopian-type games I've played.

How's We Were Here Together with public matching, and how long do those sessions tend to last? Not sure if I'd enjoy this game with public matching, but I don't have friends with this game.

I'm getting this for Little Big Workshop on my wishlist, Automachef on my wishlist, Hello Neighbor + DLC, Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition, and A Case of Distrust.

3 years ago

There seem to be lots of people that dislike every Humble Choice bundle, no matter what games are included.

Sometimes I wonder, what would a good bundle look like to those people?!

Lilly, thanks for another detailed chart!

3 years ago

The perfect bundle will be when IGN will pay us just for opening their page \s

3 years ago

Cyberpunk 2077+11 AAA games to choice xD

3 years ago

Only AAA games? I demand at least AAAAA games!

3 years ago

what about some XXX games :D?

3 years ago

If they are of certain qualities sure.

3 years ago

My favorites are those types who don't get the concept of an opinion, and try to convince you otherwise when you say it's a good bundle. It's almost as if it physically pains them when others are pleased.

3 years ago

I go for more story based games or something like Stardew Valley, so lately the monthly's have been pretty disappointing. Last monthly I bought was the December 2019 bundle.

3 years ago

This bundle has no less than five games with the "story-rich" tag! I realize tags are not 100% accurate, but I looked at them and they do seem to be pretty heavy on story.

3 years ago

Just because it's story rich doesn't mean it's any good.

Vampyr: Most of the complains are about bad combat mechanics and lack of fast travel. This has apparently been an ongoing issue and there are no updates in the foreseeable feature.
Hello Neighbor: Not my type of game and i've already seen playthroughs.
Hello Neighbor: Hide and seek: No, same reasons as above.
Wargroove: Looks fun, but it's mostly combat oriented and i'm not seeing any sort of story going on, other than winning.
Call of Cthulhu: I'm a bit of a coward so I'll take a pass here for the horror.
Little Big Workshop: It's a tycoon game.
Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition: Looks interesting, but some of the reviews say otherwise and make valid points. Has Horror but not the main aspect. Supposedly it feels unfinished with a lot of things unexplained and there is a limit to what you can do and explore.
Automachef: No.
Through the Darkest of Times: Not my type of game.
American Fugitive: No.
The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters: Another Horror, no thanks.
We Were Here Together: Genuinely interesting, but it's co-op only, so I'm gonna give it a hard pass.
A Case of Distrust: Looks interesting and I would play it, I'm not buying an entire bundle for one game though.

Would rather work on my backlog, and yeah i'm picky. sue me.

3 years ago

Indeed. lol.

Also, if you don't like a bundle with a game or two that everyone seems to like, they're like "are you mad?"
Taste is subjective. None of the bundles have been bad to date, it all comes down to what you like.

3 years ago

Seriously. I also feel like people's expectations are often disproportionate to the cost. On the classic plan I'm paying $1.20 per game each month. One dollar and twenty cents! I'm not expecting every game -- or even most -- to be huge titles when the unit price on these is so low.

3 years ago

they offered me 4$ jsut to stay subscribed when i wanted to pause...when i press 'ok gimme this' they said 'You have already received this offer! Check your coupon library.'. But there is no coupon. Anyone got same problem?

3 years ago*

I got the same $4 offer and the same message; but I do have a coupon. When I check my subscription, it says my next payment is $31 for 3 months (normal price is $35), so I guess it will apply the coupon if I renew before Novemeber 6th.

Maybe you have already used the coupon when you last renewed your subscription?

3 years ago

i used once 2-3 months ago. But they offered it for me now.

It's stupid move from them, ofering a discount while not supplying it cause 'u already used it'

When im going to shop and there is promo, they dont ask me if i bought already, i can buy as many trimes i can on promo price xD

3 years ago

Try if you can coax one out via a support ticket? Curious how they react.
Sadly my (yearly) billing date is far away, so a coupon is useless to me now.

3 years ago

ye i already write to them, hope they will respond before this monthly expire :D

3 years ago

This might sound like a noob question but I barely subbed to humble my first time about 2 weeks ago. How can I claim the 12 games? When I try to claim, it tells me I can pay to unlock early. Do I have to wait until my credit card gets charged?

3 years ago

nah, u can pay now and claim :)

3 years ago

Ok cool. Will this mess with my current subscription at all or change me again for august? I subbed 2 weeks ago when humble had 12 months for $12 per month promo. Here is a screenshot of what I see

https://gyazo.com/f67f4ecd714901822125fbacc1f51525

3 years ago

Will this mess with my current subscription at all or change me again for august?

No, and no.

3 years ago

Thank you, I paid and got the games. Appreciate the guidance!

3 years ago

Once again, i'm not really impressed.

3 years ago

So I can't claim Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition and Automachef even though I use the Canadian Steam store..? What's up with that..... They worked on my boyfriend's account for the Japanese store.

3 years ago*

I'm confused on what you mean, JP might have Asia region lock - see OP's region lock warnings at the top - Canada gets ROW keys so most times those work everywhere. If you got the bundle in JP(Asia?), it might not activate in Canada but if you got it in Canada(ROW) it can possibly activate in Japan with the exception of some JP games.

3 years ago

Ohhh, okay that makes sense. They must have given me an Asian region locked one, that makes sense. I live in Japan.

3 years ago

You get a key corresponding to the country set on the Humble Bundle settings page. If you didn't manually select it, then it's automatically decided based on the purchase IP (namely Japan).
Considering that Asia usually receives region locked keys and your Steam store is on Canada, you should probably switch your Humble Bundle country to Canada (possible only using a VPN or maybe with a support ticket - not sure if they will accept your request), otherwise you will never be able to redeem the region locked keys that you will get in the bundle because of your current IP.

On the other hand, Canada keys sometimes don't activate in Japan (example Bandai Namco keys), but those cases are much rarer than what you get if you leave your country in Humble Bundle as JP.

3 years ago

Oh wow, thank you so much! I will see if I can switch it, I wasn't aware you could. I greatly appreciate the help and information :)

3 years ago

If you send HB a support ticket about the affected games, they might be able to switch out the keys for this month.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.