August 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

📅 Important dates

• 💳 August 28th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 September 4th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Vampyr:

• Everyone (exceptSaudi Arabia) receives a key that can be activated anywhere apart from Saudi Arabia. {182686}
  • Saudi Arabia receives as a replacement a 5$ coupon expiring on October 2nd.

Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition

Automachef

Notes:

• Hello Neighbor and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek count as 1 choice (you will get two separate keys)
  • American Fugitive was given for free with Twitch Prime (February 2020)
  • Automachef was given for free with Twitch Prime (August 2019)
  • Hello Neighbor was given for free by Epic (December 2019)
  • Vampyr is included in Origin Access Basic.

There are reports of "A Case of Distrust" keys being duplicates, even if they are unrevealed. Some still work.

🌟 NEW 2023-01-20: Hello Neighbor and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek restocked. (source)

🎊 Classic & Premium subscribers get all 12 (actually 13) games for this month only. 🎊

Light or Basic subscribers who upgrade to Premium are also eligible.

NEW SUBSCRIBERS JOIN FOR ONLY $12

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Vampyr 74% of 8381 🏆 6.00 CV app/427290 W 0 $39.99
Hello Neighbor 80% of 3366 🏆 4.50 CV app/521890 W 1 $29.99
Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek 90% of 61 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/960420 W 0 $29.99
Wargroove 85% of 2734 🏆 3.00 CV app/607050 W 0 $19.99
Call of Cthulhu 74% of 3898 🏆 4.50 CV app/399810 W 0 $29.99
Little Big Workshop 88% of 1328 🏆 3.00 CV app/574720 W M 0 $19.99
Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition 72% of 603 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/712190 W 0 $29.99
Automachef 76% of 269 🏆 2.25 CV app/984800 W 0 $14.99
Through The Darkest of Times 88% of 319 - 🏆 2.25 CV app/1003090 W M 0 $14.99
American Fugitive 75% of 913 🏆 3.00 CV app/934780 W 1 $19.99
The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters 98% of 842 🏆 2.25 CV app/1045720 W M L 0 $14.99
We Were Here Together 88% of 2870 🏆 1.95 CV app/865360 W M 0 $12.99
A Case of Distrust 87% of 141 🏆 2.25 CV app/717610 W M 0 $14.99

Retail:

• $292.87

CV:

Humble Original / Extras:

• BOOTH (DRM-Free)
  • WILDFIRE SNEAK PEEK (DRM-Free)
  • ZODIAC XX (DRM-Free)

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

How much do you enjoy this bundle?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] After I survived Through The Darkest of Times, Humble has a decent month again. I regret nothing.
[New subscription] I see some amazing titles in here and if I use one of those T3 promotional coupons / discount emails they have been pumping out the past weeks, I’ll get it even cheaper.
[Maybe subscribe] My lockdown budget and I are going to have a long hard talk about whether We can afford some Little Big splurging.
[Pause] In this particular selection, the bad / not interesting games outweigh the good ones for me. I don’t see why I should waste a paid-for month.
[Cancelling] Too much hassle to pause every single month. Once I complete the cancellation minigame, I'll have some fresh peace of mind.
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] This time you don't need to Distrust the quality of the games; sadly they're not particularly my thing.
[Potato] My Humble account was banned/disabled because of gift links, so even if I wanted to buy it, I couldn’t.

finally got Call of Cthulhu, been eyeing that for a while. Finished it already. Loved it, not sure how they could screw up lip sync that bad though!

3 years ago

Ah well, what matters is that you enjoyed it! Congrats on finishing the game! It's an increasingly admirable thing when it's so easy to build backlog instead.

Have to check the game out myself, hope it's not too scary, my little heart can't take jump scares and the like.

3 years ago

I used a coupon last week to get a free subscription for July, but they say to cancel by the end of August to avoid the subscription continuing. I'm assuming I can't claim any of the games for August or I'd be charged for the additional month. Is that correct?

3 years ago

Correct. You will need to press "unlock 12 choices" button which will cost €17.99

3 years ago

Skip! Glad I cancelled my subs last month

3 years ago

In the region locks section of the first post, the ROW link for Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition is broken, it should be sub instead of app

Thanks for this thread!

3 years ago

Thanks, link fixed.

3 years ago

Ok i got reply from HB after offering me 4$ but giving error when pressing gimme option:

"Hi Paul,
Thanks for reaching out to Humble Bundle Customer Support. We had a temporary technical issue that caused the coupons to not apply properly to some orders. I'm sorry about that!
I've readded the coupon to your account, so you should be good to go now! If you're still having trouble, please let me know.
-Ashe
Humble Bundle"

So now im gonna buy with 4$ discount :)

3 years ago

У кого денег нет жалко пропускать такое, с сохранением игр есть выгода

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

It's two keys. The second one is to be revealed on your purchase page of August Choice.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

No need to feel that way, I found it to be unusal as well. I remember the DLC for Frostpunk to be found on the reveal page. Not sure about how other DLCs were handled. Anyhow, you're welcome. Glad to be of service :)

3 years ago

Sorry to borrow this thread but im confused regarding the Choice subscription and the auto billing date.
So i just started a subscription, payed the $12 for August 2020 Humble Choice and got the full 12 choices for this month.

Now it state that my next billing date is September 25 but the next Choice Bundle is being released September 4.
So i will get the September 2020 Humble Choice on the 4th and pay for it on the 25th?

3 years ago

On 4th September you will have a button named "Unlock my choices", then you will be charged immediately, on 4th September. If you don't press that button, you get September games on 25 September.

Also remember that if you got Classic Subscription, you will be charged $12 next month and get only 3 games. If you got Premium Subcription for $12 on August, you will get charged $18 for September and get 9 games.

Also you can unlock choices at any date in the future, you are not forced to unlock all choices in current month.

3 years ago*

Thanks for the answer, appreciate it!

3 years ago

As Luc1aNo explained 25th is the auto charge date. Which is usually the last friday of the month, no idea why yours is 25 but on top of thread, its stated.

Important dates
💳 August 28th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

Also as CheeseTuber mentioned, Classic gives you 10 choices but since you just sub, you are not.

At any point of time before the auto charge dates, you can pause or unsub. You will lose access to Humble Trove which is an array of games you can download to your system to play. I dont believe they are DRM Free but you can download them as long as you are a Humble Choice/monthly sub.

You will also lose up to 20% store discount when you remove your sub status. However, after the autocharge date if you forgot to unsub and do not want the games in the current month, there is usually no refunds so do take note.
Cheers~

3 years ago

Thanks for answer.
I do, however, believe that classic is only for those who subscribed before as i only saw
Lite - 0 choices
Basic - 3 choices
Premium - 9 choices
(Premium being the one i took with the $12/month offer).

It says like this:
PLAN TYPE
PREMIUM
BILLING CYCLE
MONTH-TO-MONTH

PAYMENT INFORMATION
Your next bill is for US$12 on September 25, 2020

3 years ago

Yes, Classic plans are for those whom are subbed before Choice started which I am still valid for. Which in between I had paused and thinking of getting this month's choice.

Just realised my billing is 25th too. It seems to be before the last week of the month. So you're billed $12 for next month, Premium is 19.90 as far as i know. So i think if you pause you get to keep that price even if you do not want any month's games. :)

3 years ago

Classic gives you 10 games. Lite is the one that gives you 3 games.

3 years ago

Lite gives 0 games (ZERO games).

And premium gives 9 games, not 10.

Only this month classic and premium gets all 12 games.

3 years ago

Yes you are correct. I forgot about the trove access only tier. I was thinking of Basic when I said Lite. Thanks for catching that!

3 years ago

AKAXJ-DY5F8-R2V74 Hello Neighbor

3 years ago

Already claimed. Thanks on behalf of whoever nabbed it.

3 years ago

Do you still get a coupon for going to pause? I just tried and didn't see one.. Went through 2 steps before getting message you lose access to trove, discount... etc Subscription will resume on....

3 years ago

I think it's account related, sometimes I get a coupon sometimes I don't. Regardless what others got.
I read here somewhereid it's related to how many times you paused recently

3 years ago

It was my first time pausing in a long time and they offered me 2 euro off. I still paused though. None of the games in this particular bundle interested me enough. =)

3 years ago

I've have never been offered any coupon since I started my subscription in 2016. I have paused single months, back-to-back months and once 3 months in succession at various points over the years. I never canceld my sub and still have no idea why seemingly everyone else BUT me has been offered coupon(s). shrug

3 years ago

i subscribe almost every month and sometimes i pause just to see if they give a coupon but nope last one i got was probably 2 years ago

3 years ago

I have skipped every choice bundle up to this point as I wasn't interested at all in the games previously
Anyway - thought I might skip this one as well, but I got 4 $ off coupon .. So I'd say it's pretty random who gets it..

for 8 $ I had second thought about skipping and noticed that this bundle actually has some cool games after all (That I would enjoy at least). So I'm getting this one

3 years ago

I got the coupon (first time) so i'll definitely buy the bundle, its a steal at that price :) and is a good bundle (wargroove+call of cthulhu+vampyr+the coma2 are nice games)

3 years ago*

Can someone explain this to me?

View attached image.
3 years ago

Seems like it will expire before the next Choice comes out. This means that this coupon is only good to be used to buy the current Choice Bundle.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

I think what confused me was that in terms and conditions it says that the coupon expires on September 4 and where I pointed out says it is valid until January

3 years ago

Oh wow I didn't pay attention to the red arrow! Better ask their support. This is lazy work from Humble's side.

3 years ago

Thank you. I did it. I thought it could be some misinterpretation of mine because English is not my primary language

3 years ago

Is there any way to get that 9.99$ coupon now?
I am currently subscribed and didn't cancel last month like many have so not getting that coupon.

I am not getting a new sub coupon on my other account.

When I go to pause I am not getting the coupon either as far as I can tell. I get if you pause now you lose blah blah message and then stay subbed or pause on last screen. Should the 4% coupon have come before that if they offered it.

I missed the Double Fine bundle that offered whole bundle for 9.99 + Choice free if I remember?

Anyone knows how I could get the discount, I really want this bundle but am bummed out that I'd be paying it for 12$ instead of getting the discount as many others :(

On top of all I forgot to pause last month due to my family and me having Corona and a death case from it afterwards :(, and got autocharged for a bundle I didn't want. So I can't really even afford another 12$ at current situation, so the discount would really come in handy.

Is there any way to get that discount or a new sub discount? Or a way to get discount gifted? Someone forwarding me their email? Or is it account based?

There are 4 days until I get autocharged, any advice?

3 years ago

I'd suggest asking Humble to reverse your last month's purchase and explain your situation as long as none of the games were revealed / redeemed from that bundle. I have noticed at least a handful of people on SG who were accidentally auto-charged in the past when they had meant to pause, and were able to reverse the purchase when they realized what happened.

3 years ago

Already had a 4$ coupon expiring in september, i tried to pause and it offered me another 4$ coupon which as if overwrote the last coupon and the duration got increased to november, lol?

3 years ago

Hello it turns out that I have hello neighbor but not the expansion, so I have revealed the key but when I go to activate it it tells me that I already have it? Does anyone know what can I do?

3 years ago

I heard there are some weird places on the internet where you can give away spare game keys. They're prolly all scams, but it's one option you could try...

3 years ago

I think you need to go on Keys & Entitlements and look for the other key, there are key for Hello Neighbor and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek

3 years ago

if it was this, it turns out that I revealed the password believing it was only one and when I went to the area of keys I saw the other, I did not put it because I missed it, thank you anyway.

3 years ago

Seems that the visual novel Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York will be part of next month's Choice selection.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Not for me either. Hopefully the rest is more up my street.

3 years ago

Haha just got it as a gift for my birthday in June. I only played the quick death route (I call it that way as I died as soon as possible) probably not my kind of visual novel (althought very nice illustrations) but the person who gifted it to me loves the story because of the game which inspired it (Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines).

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

I never played bloodlines and I understood the story well, so it's probably not required but I think the universe is the same (vampire clans fighting etc).

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

No, they're set in the same world and use mechanics from the same paper RPG but the stories are not linked.

3 years ago

Both, Bloodlines and this game are based on the tabletop RPG Vampire: The Masquerade, but they're completely unrelated between them.

3 years ago

In around 24h the autocharge process will start.

This is your last chance to pause for this month.

3 years ago

Thank you for the reminder Lilly, and happy cake day!

3 years ago

Thank you for the wishes! 🍰

3 years ago

Happy Cakeday!

3 years ago

Thank you for the wishes! 🎂

3 years ago

Thanks for the reminder, but I'm still unsure if I should pause or not.

3 years ago

There's still a bit of time left to flip a coin... 🙃

3 years ago

That's true. :)

3 years ago

little hint: if you pause, you have more time to decide, as you can stil unpause and buy this monthly choice. also if you try to pause, you might get a coupon, that will make your decission easier^^

3 years ago

Thank you very much for your hint. I tried pausing it a few days ago to see if I get a coupon, but that wasn't the case. But I bought it now anyways. :)

3 years ago

Thanks and happy cake day!

3 years ago

Thank you for the wishes! 🧁

3 years ago

Very happy cakeday to you, Lilly! =)

3 years ago

Thank you for the wishes! 🎀

3 years ago

Happy Cake Day!

3 years ago

I appreciate the wishes! 🎂

3 years ago

happy cake day :)

View attached image.
3 years ago

OMG... 🎂🎂🎂

3 years ago

Happy cake day Lilly!

View attached image.
3 years ago

Literally me right now! 😳
Thanks for the wishes!

3 years ago

Happy Cake Day Lilly! 🎉🎈
Thanks for all the helpful threads!

3 years ago

It's my pleasure, thank you for the wishes as well!

3 years ago

Hi, I have a "$2 off Humble Choice" coupon, last month I tried to use it for the current Choice month but I saw no option to apply it, also it was not applied automatically when autocharging. How do these coupons work?

EDIT - I got an answer from HC support directly. It seems this kind of coupon is not cumulative with discounted HC plans (it's my case), that's why it has not been applied when autocharging last month. For the same reason, I cannot manually apply it as long as I have a discounted subscription.

3 years ago*

happy cakeday! 🍰

View attached image.
3 years ago

Sooooo yummy!!! Thank you for the wishes! 🎂

3 years ago

Happy 🏭🏭🏭🏭🏭🏭🏭 day Lilly! 😃
Thanks for posting all these bundle threads! 😊

3 years ago

Thanks for the wishes! 🎂

3 years ago

Happy Cake Day!
Thanks for all the bundle threads! Fantastic work!

3 years ago

Thank you for the wishes, I appreciate it! 🎂

3 years ago

Have a very happy cakeday, sensualshakti! :)

3 years ago

Thanks for the wishes! 🎂

3 years ago

PSA: HB did not change to a model where your subscription stays paused until you un-pause it. I had checked several times this month to try to pause and only got the "Cancel" option (which I didn't want). Today I checked one last time, and it finally displays a "Pause" option next to the "Cancel" button for me. Wondering whether this is the case for others, and if so - remember to check again today!

3 years ago

I paused mine as soon as this bundle was revealed, so it might be something relating to your account only.

3 years ago

Aha! I have a suspicion I know what happened.

Thanks! :)

3 years ago

=)

3 years ago

does anyone know what happens to the coupon you get if you have an anual subscription and have still plenty of months left? does it just expire before you can even buy anything?

3 years ago

I got a coupon (2$ off a yearly subscription, yay! I guess?) and it expires October 2021, so there's enough time to use it even if you have 11 months left (as long as you don't pause, of course).

3 years ago

you mean pause for that month i get the coupon right?

3 years ago

Yes, I got the coupon when pausing.

3 years ago

ok, thanks!

3 years ago

Well, for the first time ever...forgot to pause xD at least its a great month with quality games for GAs.

3 years ago

If is the first time, and you don't touch any game of the bundle, you can ask for a refund =).

3 years ago

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep it as it is a good bundle and can make good GAs^^ have a good weekend!

3 years ago

Welp, I'm in Europe and got 2 region locked keys (those games in OP), sent an email about it and hopefully it will be positive response, no idea why they bundled(ha) me with any of those locked regions since I'm nowhere close to them.

3 years ago

Are you sure that you received region locked keys or are you basing your assumption on the fact that you see a long list of countries when you create a gift link? If it's the latter, you can ignore it. These notifications are often misleading and are shown even when the customer receives ROW keys.
If your Humble Bundle region is set to Europe (you can check it in the settings), then you should receive ROW keys. Packages locked to EU for those 2 games don't exist.

3 years ago

I'm trying to redeem it and getting: Sorry, but this product is not available for purchase in this country. Your product key has not been redeemed.
My region in Humble Bundle is set to Serbia (Europe), never had issue like this before.

3 years ago

Serbia is a special case: sometimes it is considered as part of Europe in regards to region locks, other times it belongs to RU/CIS.
If you can't activate these keys, it means that for this specific bundle you get the RU / CIS version; if your Steam account isn't in Albania, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Macedonia, Serbia, Russian Federation, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan then indeed you won't be able to activate this key.

You should insist until Humble Bundle support gives you a ROW key instead.
But for the future, maybe consider setting your Humble Bundle country to something other than Serbia that is still in EU (so that you receive EU-locked keys for the games that consider Serbia as part of RU/CIS). Avoid setting Germany as your country, unless you want to get low violence versions.

3 years ago

We never get RU prices so idk why they'd bundle us there lol, never had issues. On the other hand I don't even live in Serbia atm but it was set on Serbia in the hb settings, not on steam tho, fixed that. Regardless hopefully they'll provide RoW keys.

3 years ago

ALERT! ALERT! LESS THAN ONE HOUR UNTIL THE NEW HB CHOICE! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! ALERT! ALERT!

3 years ago

Hi everyone, was wondering if someone might know what's going on.

This week I received multiple emails from Humble Bundle that I need to update my payment method because they can't charge me. Today I received the email containing:

'Your payment failed because we haven't been able to charge your card. We are sorry, but we couldn't send you 10 games from Humble Choice. Please update your default payment method so you don't miss out on future Humble Choice games (and those sweet subscriber perks).'

I checked my account since I know I have an active subscription and the next date they will charge me is end of May 2021 and it says 'your next 8 months have already been paid'.
I didn't do anything and didn't bother to ask their support because the few times I used their support I was left with more questions than answers.

But was wondering if someone might know what's going on, for some reason the email has a fishy smell to it because things don't add up. I expect I'll still be able to claim the September rewards (and upcoming months), but it still feels odd.

Thanks in advance for your time!

3 years ago

I didnt need to pause last month and it doesnt say anything about august on my billing, but september was skipped. I never received any emails but it says I need to update payment for me on my sub. I havent payed since mars so dont know how it could have failed when I havent even tried to pay for a new month :D

3 years ago

Now it says

Your next bill is for US$12 on September 25, 2020.

And I didnt do anything so it must have solved itself.. :)

3 years ago

September rewards are out, nothing really happened. Was just able to unlock the games from September.

3 years ago

september is sooo baaad

3 years ago

I've read comments like this every month, but this is the first time I agree with them.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Yeah that’s gonna be a pause from me dawg

3 years ago

same here Randy.

3 years ago

Deleted