August 2020 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg - Lestrades

๐Ÿ“… Important dates

• ๐Ÿ’ณ August 28th, 2020: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• ๐Ÿ“† September 4th 2020: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Friday of every month)

โš ๏ธ Region lock โš ๏ธ

Vampyr:

• Everyone (exceptSaudi Arabia) receives a key that can be activated anywhere apart from Saudi Arabia. {182686}
  • Saudi Arabia receives as a replacement a 5$ coupon expiring on October 2nd.

Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition

Automachef

Notes:

• Hello Neighbor and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek count as 1 choice (you will get two separate keys)
  • American Fugitive was given for free with Twitch Prime (February 2020)
  • Automachef was given for free with Twitch Prime (August 2019)
  • Hello Neighbor was given for free by Epic (December 2019)
  • Vampyr is included in Origin Access Basic.

There are reports of "A Case of Distrust" keys being duplicates, even if they are unrevealed. Some still work.

๐ŸŒŸ NEW 2023-01-20: Hello Neighbor and Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek restocked. (source)

๐ŸŽŠ Classic & Premium subscribers get all 12 (actually 13) games for this month only. ๐ŸŽŠ

Light or Basic subscribers who upgrade to Premium are also eligible.

NEW SUBSCRIBERS JOIN FOR ONLY $12

๐ŸŽฎ Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Vampyr 74% of 8381 โค ๐Ÿ† 6.00 CV app/427290 W 0 $39.99
Hello Neighbor 80% of 3366 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/521890 W 1 $29.99
Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek 90% of 61 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/960420 W 0 $29.99
Wargroove 85% of 2734 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/607050 W 0 $19.99
Call of Cthulhu 74% of 3898 โค ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/399810 W 0 $29.99
Little Big Workshop 88% of 1328 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/574720 W M 0 $19.99
Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition 72% of 603 - ๐Ÿ† 4.50 CV app/712190 W 0 $29.99
Automachef 76% of 269 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/984800 W 0 $14.99
Through The Darkest of Times 88% of 319 - ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1003090 W M 0 $14.99
American Fugitive 75% of 913 โค ๐Ÿ† 3.00 CV app/934780 W 1 $19.99
The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters 98% of 842 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/1045720 W M L 0 $14.99
We Were Here Together 88% of 2870 โค ๐Ÿ† 1.95 CV app/865360 W M 0 $12.99
A Case of Distrust 87% of 141 โค ๐Ÿ† 2.25 CV app/717610 W M 0 $14.99

Retail:

• $292.87

CV:

Humble Original / Extras:

• BOOTH (DRM-Free)
  • WILDFIRE SNEAK PEEK (DRM-Free)
  • ZODIAC XX (DRM-Free)

๐Ÿ’ธ Subscription + Bonuses

ย  Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 10
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

In some regions, a sale tax is applied (example)

Note: There has been recent quiet changes to the non-Classic subscription costs for non-USD regions: regional pricing is now a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

๐Ÿ“ Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

๐Ÿ“– Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

๐Ÿฐ Thanks to luckz for helping with the poll!

3 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

How much do you enjoy this bundle?

View Results
[Recurring subscription] After I survived Through The Darkest of Times, Humble has a decent month again. I regret nothing.
[New subscription] I see some amazing titles in here and if I use one of those T3 promotional coupons / discount emails they have been pumping out the past weeks, Iโ€™ll get it even cheaper.
[Maybe subscribe] My lockdown budget and I are going to have a long hard talk about whether We can afford some Little Big splurging.
[Pause] In this particular selection, the bad / not interesting games outweigh the good ones for me. I donโ€™t see why I should waste a paid-for month.
[Cancelling] Too much hassle to pause every single month. Once I complete the cancellation minigame, I'll have some fresh peace of mind.
[Non-subscriber, will not buy] This time you don't need to Distrust the quality of the games; sadly they're not particularly my thing.
[Potato] My Humble account was banned/disabled because of gift links, so even if I wanted to buy it, I couldnโ€™t.

Vampyr keys are temporarily exhausted for this product

3 years ago

Well that's not very reassuring :/

Humble should have enough keys for all subscribers, not have to count on periodic restocks from publishers. That seems like a problem waiting to happen.

3 years ago

Thing is, Humble always generates keys at the moment you reveal, not auto assigned to every account as it should be. Same happened with Project Warlock for me, but after a month (yes it took a month...), keys finally restocked.

Should always just reveal keys upfront and put them in a file somewhere than leave them unopened when it comes to Humble.

3 years ago

This is really damning to know. I'll have to take some patience to do that.

3 years ago

It's been an issue for a while.
I purchased a game which was about to get removed/delisted, and left it unrevealed - turns out they exhausted the pool a while ago and the only thing they can do is refund.

3 years ago

Which game are you referring to?

3 years ago

It happened to me with Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions a couple of years ago when it was about to be removed from sale. I didn't expect it to happen to Vampyr, a game that they are still selling and isn't that popular.

3 years ago

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

3 years ago

Thanks for the information.

I also haven't revealed my key yet. Will Humble Bundle restock keys? Did you get any further information?

3 years ago

Humble still sells Vampyr, so I assume it will take a couple of weeks to restock.

3 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I should be quicker with revealing my keys.

3 years ago

I've got a message from Humble saying: "Keys are now in stock for August 2020 Humble Choice."
So, I was able to redeem my Vampyr key today.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Just got my key and redeemed, thanks!

3 years ago

Just had a winner of the game "A Case of Distrust" state that the key shows up as a duplicate. All other games from this bundle activated okay. I own the game and am not confident of tackling Humble about this. I do not want my Humble account to get locked. Is marking the game "not received" the only thing to do?

3 years ago

You can ask for information about the activation date of the key. Go there: Steam Support > Steam Community > I need help with something not listed here > Contact Steam Support and write that you want that information as well as the key itself.

• If it was activated before you bought the bundle, I guess HB would change it.
  • If it was activated in between, you may have activated it somewhere, and in that case either they mark it as not received or you get another copy to send.
  • If it was activated after you sent the key in the giveaway, they might have activated it.

This, of course, unless the winner agrees to remove the giveaway.

3 years ago

The winner did some checking of his own. https://www.reddit.com/r/humblebundles/comments/k7ke5j/dupedrevoked_key_for_a_case_of_distrust_from/
It seems this developer has either reused or inactivated the keys that did not immediately get used.
So others who bought this bundle and have not activated the key for "A Case of Distrust" yet will probably find they will not work.

And I believe the winner - he has already indicated he would accept a deletion of the giveaway (although I think I will buy the key from GamersGate for him, is on a sale)

3 years ago

This then is a major problem, there is a thread listing these cases. Try to contact the developer directly.

Dev:
https://twitter.com/TheWanderingBen
https://www.facebook.com/TheWanderingBen
iam[at]thewanderingben[dot]com

Publisher:
https://twitter.com/SerenityForge
https://www.facebook.com/SerenityForge
support[at]serenityforge[dot]com

3 years ago*

Appreciate your research. I don't have a twitter account and rarely use Facebook. I will try the developer's email and see what happens :)

3 years ago

Looks like both the dev and publisher responded, instructing people to contact Humble Support.

https://twitter.com/TheWanderingBen/status/1346508785280405505
https://twitter.com/SerenityForge/status/1346510031328477184

3 years ago

I literally redeemed mine 2 days ago so if they did de-activate old keys they must have only done it in the last 2 days. Highly unlikely and I would likely look into contacting them.

3 years ago

thanks for that. Have sent an email to the developer (as I do not use twitter or Facebook). Given that you only recently activated the keys I do not like my chances at getting a new key. Guess I will find out :)

3 years ago

December 22 I cleared my bundle-libruary and tryed opened, but not used key for "A Case of Distrust" - it appears alredy used =(

3 years ago

Same, tried mine after reading this. Says it has been activated on another account

3 years ago

I sent an email to the address that Joseahfer gave me (4 posts up) so will cross my fingers and hope I get a response. From memory, I gifted most of Humble's August 2020 Choice Bundle for a December advent event so think I exposed keys then. Not sure if the late choice of keys means anything. Golumpa (2 posts up) said her key was okay.

3 years ago

Same. -_-

3 years ago

Got a new key from HB, FWIW.

3 years ago

I requested and redeemed a key for "A Case of Distrust" after reading this successfully.

3 years ago

Nice :)
Seems like pot luck so far, some can and some cannot. Wonder if the dev did something with one batch of keys and some of us just got unlucky?

3 years ago

Same, sounds like I was lucky

3 years ago

Wow, checked my revealed key on my own account and it is indeed duplicate...Im the only person who had access to the key..

3 years ago

Seems like the dev may have resold some keys :(

3 years ago

Sent a ticket to HB Support. Do you think they'll solve the problem?

3 years ago

I don't know. I was too scared to approach Humble myself. There are posts on Steamgifts discussions about Humble locking some peoples' Humble accounts because they deem them resellers or traders. I sent an email to the dev, using the contact given by Joseahfer, (about 12 posts up), and hope that the dev will talk to me and supply me with a new key.

On the other hand, if all of us who have these duped keys now contact Humble, they (Humble) might have more power to force the dev to supply new keys.

3 years ago

Haha just imagine this. Humble Bundle Support. You ask for a help and you get banned :D "Did that help?" :D

3 years ago

lol

3 years ago

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I sent a ticket to HumbleBundle support and since I had sent the gift as a gift link they sent the winner a new valid key.

Thanks so much for your unwavering patience while we continued to look into the issues with your key for A Case of Distrust. Thankfully, we received a new batch of keys that should resolve the issue! You can reveal your new key on your download page and redeem it via Steam. As you gifted this to a friend, they should find that they can reveal a new key on their gift page.

3 years ago

That is encouraging - now I have to hope they will post me a new key, as I exposed the key before gifting it on Steamgifts. I will reach out to them though. See if they would send me a new key.

3 years ago

HB Support responded to my ticket with a new key :)

3 years ago

A week ago I won this game on a different website and the key was activated. Then creator of the giveaway sent me 2 more keys in a row, however I got the same results. Our situation is "A Case of Distrust" to its publisher )

3 years ago

True :(

3 years ago

Revealed and tried to activate my key ~2 weeks ago.
After contacting HB support about it they were unusally fast with a response. After 45min they told me that I'd have to wait until they resolve the problem with thedev.
3 days later I got a new key. Seems like they got a new batch from the dev but if you revealed your key before that date it's still a duplicate one.

3 years ago*

Thanks for that information. Have sent Humble a request for a new key. Will see what happens :)
And most of the August bundle from Humble was revealed back in November, as I used them for gifts for Lugum's Advent event during December. I don't think I ever needed to contact Humble about an issue before, so hopefully they will give me a new key.

3 years ago

I haven't touched that key from that monthly yet, but if I understand correctly they have become aware of the issue and it mainly affects old/revealed keys? So there'd be a good chance that if I revealed it now things could be fine? With how they sometimes remove a game from a bundle retroactively without notice, I feel almost rushed to reveal any unused keys asap now XD

3 years ago

Well considering you only get a key from their supply once you click on the button to reveal it...my guess would be, that keys now should work because they got a new batch from the dev.

But can't be sure because I'm not on the inside and don't know how they handle probably disabled keys.^^

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

3 years ago

Considering you only get a key allocated to your account, when you reveal it...it would be a pretty backwards system if they still have all the old keys in their database after all these problems and not just the new ones.
That's why I said revealing now should be okay. If not, their database where they get their keys from is really shitty (or the dev again revoked/resold/whatever keys...which would be even dumber).

3 years ago

Im late 6 monthes in my redeemings, so i'll check that theory soon, since i never reveal keys beforehand.
Guess i'll have to knock on support door anyway, cause it's not normal to be charged for a bundle and not having an allocated and reserved key ready for whenever i see fit to visit and get it.

3 years ago

I see it the same way.

3 years ago

looks like "a case of distrust" did justice to its own name.

3 years ago

I ended up contacting Humble support and, after supplying information to identify myself as the original Humble account holder, they supplied me with a new key :)

3 years ago

Call of Cthulhu keys are temporarily exhausted for this product

3 years ago

That game too? Has this bundle been cursed?

3 years ago

Why are people waiting six months to redeem their keys? I don't even feel secure waiting one day.

3 years ago

Why not? I haven't missed out on any game at all. And I once had unused keys up to 5-6 years old. Currently I still have about 400 titles left.

3 years ago

Wow. How long have you been subscribed even?

3 years ago

These were my first purchases from Humble. ;)

View attached image.
3 years ago

Woah, from the very start too. That's amazing!

3 years ago

Not sure if it's really amazing or just a side effect of being old. :-p

3 years ago

Yeah but you're, like, cool old then. I only wish I knew Humble Bundle existed a decade ago.

3 years ago

sir, games are not like wine: it makes no sense to wait 6 years to activate the key O.o

3 years ago

I'm just very lazy. I'm even too lazy to activate all my games asap!

3 years ago

Sometimes you just save them for the right moment. That right moment might be 6 years down the line...

3 years ago

It makes sense if 6 years ago your kids were too young to have a steam account. ;-)

3 years ago

Unsure if I should keep a game, make a giveaway for it or directly gift.

3 years ago

Sometimes it's nice to have a library of keys for giveaways and sometimes you just don't find the right person or the right time to give something away. So they end up sitting in your library for 5+ years. Particularly if you've been in the bundle buying business for a long time...

View attached image.
View attached image.
3 years ago

Sometimes I like to play something new so I browse my purchases on Humble Bundle, if I add it to Steam when I buy it it's directly lost and I completely forget about it.

3 years ago*

I feel like Vampyr and Call of Cthulu, but probably ill skip.

3 years ago

It's a bit late to make a choice :P

3 years ago

Heh it was necro'ed due to issues with the keys but it's a bundle from August last year ;)

3 years ago

O shoot i didnt see that lol

3 years ago

And since the thread has been necro'ed.
Just wanted to confirm I redeemed my Case of Distrust key today and it worked fine.

3 years ago

Redeemed mine yesterday and it was a dupe but it was a game I wasn't interested in anyway so I'm not even going to bother trying to get a replacement key.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago by a staff member, Zomby.

3 years ago

Don't want to be rude or anything but...

Rule 12 - Begging. Do not ask game developers or users for keys or games, unless they are offering and searching for interested parties.

3 years ago

I'm not begging, I'm just asking because he has already tossed it away.

3 years ago

its still against the rule, he say 'I'm not even going to bother trying to get a replacement key'

So hes not interrested at all

3 years ago

Wow that's just weird. I wonder if it's got anything to do with region locks?
And well yeah with Humble, better not attract the attention of support unless you really want to. You never know when they're going to just write you off as a villain and ban your account completely :/

3 years ago

The keys have been restocked :3

3 years ago

Yes, my Call of Cthulu key is ready!!

:)

3 years ago

Vampyr keys again out of stock...

2 years ago

EDIT: On second thought, after some more investigation, this is not what's happening. I checked my keys page and saw an unrevealed key for Hide and Seek so I tried to check the pages again. The claim page says "Hello Neighbor + Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek Collection" and one key to reveal, however there is a smaller box below labeled "Extra information" with a "Claim extra content" button that leads you to the keys page, where you can claim Hide and Seek. It is a bit confusing imo, so I will leave this as a note for whomever might need it.

PREV MESSAGE:

PSA: Any unrevealed Hello Neighbor + Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek will get claimed and revealed as one key now. (Hello Neighbor + Hello Neighbor: Hide and Seek Collection) This is reflected in the choices as well. No idea about claimed but unrevealed keys or revealed but unredeemed keys.

Vampyr keys are back in stock, though. Just claimed and was able to get mine.

2 years ago*

ATTENTION: We have run out of Steam keys for Little Big Workshop. We are getting more ASAP. We will have Steam keys for you as soon as they are available again!

2 years ago

Little Big Workshop keys seem to be back in stock now.
Source: https://www.steamgifts.com/go/comment/TxKmCLp

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

Hello neightbour seems to be outta stock atm, do they get new ones for bundles this old?

2 years ago

I remember for a bundle from 2018 (I think) they ran outta keys and for a while they were at the status of "we'll email you when we have new keys" and then, some time later, the game mysteriously vanished from the list of bundle keys (unless of course you were lucky enough to reveal before they ran out to begin with).

I can't for the life of me remember what game it was or what the bundle was though.

EDIT
So I went through my stuff and iirc it was the September 2018 monthly and the game was Ethereal. The game no longer shows in the bundle, but the bonus downloadable file for it is still attached to said bundle.

EDIT 2:
Nope apparently Ethereal was a humble original. Dang if only I could remember which game it was lol.

So I guess it WAS Ethereal lol Though I suppose it mainly applies to Humble Originals so here's hoping for ya. I also found this rather old discussion about unrevealed keys not being able to delivered any longer. So I guess I better do some spring cleaning in my keys lol.

2 years ago*

whelp, seeing how the quality of humble bundle has only gone one way, and that's down, over the last couple of years, i doubt there's gonna be replacement keys tbh

2 years ago

You can definitely write to support about it, never hurts to try to check with them. Worst that'll happen is that they say your assumption is correct an no more of them will stock.

Of course I dunno about the legal side of things, like with getting partial refunds/credits on a bundle, as the situation is slightly different from a store-bought key for a single game, but 'technically speaking' you would be entitled to that key if there was no expiration date upon purchase and delivery.
Granted having the right and getting to exercise it are two different things, but you could always hit up reddit or some place to get some advice on it. Assuming you're okay with making waves. I'm too anxious for that stuff so I'd just quietly cut my losses haha.

2 years ago

Not worth it, they'll instantly accuse me of being a reseller since it took me 2 years to reveal, and while i have the law on my side, as i live in the EU, the headache simply ain't worth it

2 years ago

Don't trust their support, they are very stupid and unprofessional and they might even suspend your account if you used gift links in the past or whatever they can dig up. On top of that, they won't of course provide a replacement key.

2 years ago

whelp, got an email today that it got restocked, so they do restock older bundles

1 year ago

does anyone know when vampyr went out of stock? just trying to pin point a day, im assuming they gonna restock them sometime soon

1 year ago

Last time it went out of stock it took a few months ....

1 year ago

oh well my backlog is shit rn so ig this gives me time to clear it out

1 year ago

It is restocked now. :)

1 year ago

thanks for the heads up! i saw the email yesterday while i was out and was pretty surprised lol

1 year ago

Still no keys for Vampyr. It's been more than a month, apparently. How long would it take for them to fix the issue? Should I create support ticket or that is pointless in this situation, as they are aware?

1 year ago

apparently it took atleast 5 months to restock Strang Brigade in September 2020 Choice

1 year ago

I just received an email, that there should be keys now, but I'm not able to check it myself right now.

1 year ago

Looks like they finally fixed that! Thanks for the info, because I rarely check that email of my hb acc. Sent you some small steam profile award as well :)

1 year ago

Aw, that wasn't needed, but thank you. :)

1 year ago

Hello Neighbor and Hello Neighbor Hide and Seek keys are restocked

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.