SteamGifts v2 Dark Userstyle

Bright/light sites can be hard on the eyes so for us ocular challenged people i created a darker version. Works on www.steamgifts.com, www.steamtrades.com, www.sgtools.info . Compatible with most scripts found in the addon registry..

Also check out my other style SG Dark Grey.

Note: Style is now hosted on github as userstyles.org is no longer supported.

Install Stylus for either Firefox, Chrome or Opera and then install the style using one of these methods:

πŸ“¦ Install the usercss which supports automatic updates and customization.
πŸ“¦ Install manually from GitHub with no customization. The style is in Mozilla format.
πŸ“¦ Install script which supports automatic updates but no customization.
πŸ“¦ Install script from greasyfork which supports automatic updates and customization has settings menu via slide tab top right corner.

Last updated January 12 2024 version 1.7.6

Instructions for script version on greasyfork

Hover over tab in top right corner click Dark/Light to toggle between the two, click settings to access settings. (see pic below)

Settings

Save button apply and save color choices.
Reset button resets current theme back to the default Dark theme.
Cancel button closes settings without changing anything.

• Steamgifts featured background image will be used if "Featured Background" is set to on(1 = on, 0 = off), otherwise it will apply a gradient of the color you chose.
  • Entering "water" or "halloween" (without quotation marks) into any theme input area will set that theme to the included water or halloween theme.
  • Settings tab (top right corner) colored according to "Header/Footer" for background, "Navigation Text" for text.
  • Colored "Names/Levels" (1 = on, 0 = off), Color is generated from game picture on featured giveaway or player avatar on profiles/SG++ Hover info.
  • Text shadow opacity setting has a range from -1(transparent) to 1(opaque) where 0 represents the default value(which is not shown).
    Negative values make it more transparent and positive values make it less transparent starting from its default value.

Hotkeys

• Shift+Alt+1 = switch to theme #1
  • Shift+Alt+2 = switch to theme #2
  • Shift+Alt+3 = switch to theme #3
  • Shift+Alt+X = bring up settings menu
  • Shift+Alt+C = toggle current theme on or off

Screenshots

Screenshot Album

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 10 months ago.

6 years ago

Hi, the next ESGST version will most likely break the footer style, just in case you want to do your thing ahead of the time: https://github.com/revilheart/ESGST/commit/a9035919a063a3137ac5a0c2b6a464d4e29939fb :)

6 years ago

Actually, nevermind. I just installed the theme to test and looks like it's fine.

But still, you might want to look into .esgst-sttb-button inside the footer (I changed this in the last version).

6 years ago

Version 1.4.9.3

• Put the sand back in the sandbox

Version 1.4.9.2

• ESGST up to date as of v7.9.0

Version 1.4.9.1

• ESGST up to date as of v7.8.1

Note: If you Use Stylish i highly recommend you switch to Stylus.

6 years ago*

awesome :D

6 years ago

Hi,
I'm on 1.4.9.2 and Firefox 56.0.2. There's a weird JS error that prevents normal page execution (can't enter GAs, post comments, search, etc., just like some other users described):

18:30:09.523 jQuery.Deferred exception: $(...).datetimepicker is not a function @https://cdn.steamgifts.com/js/minified_v36.js:35:12539
j@https://cdn.steamgifts.com/js/minified_v36.js:2:29997
g/</k<@https://cdn.steamgifts.com/js/minified_v36.js:2:30313
 undefined  minified_v36.js:2:31569
18:30:09.535 TypeError: $(...).datetimepicker is not a function

It's only when the script's active. Did I miss something? I wasn't subscribed to this thread.

6 years ago

Thx for providing the information needed to track this down, is now fixed in version 1.4.9.3

6 years ago

Thank you very much! As you can tell by seeing this post, that was posted with the theme on, works flawlessly again. :)

6 years ago

Can you get it to work for ESR?

6 years ago

I don't see any issues with Firefox ESR 52.5.0, what problems are you having.

6 years ago

I had the wrong add-on. Got it to work.

6 years ago

Version 1.4.9.5

• ESGST up to date as of v7.11.0

Version 1.4.9.4

• ESGST up to date as of v7.10.0

Note: If you Use Stylish i highly recommend you switch to Stylus.

6 years ago*

thanks a lot for your work!
ought i change this row every update?

6 years ago

Greasemonkey users on Firefox 57 would have to change every update until greasemonkey supports document-body.

6 years ago

okie-dokie... thanks for your time :)

6 years ago

Nice work!

Is there an option to have all tables fixed/centered in the middle again?
Looks a bit massive on a 21:9 screen πŸ™‡

View attached image.
View attached image.
6 years ago

There is a "fixed Page Width" option in the script version, the CSS only version does not have options as of yet.

6 years ago

okay, found ["Fixed Page Width","text","125"] when searching the script within Tampermonkey but no idea how to set it^^
Guess i'm rather waiting for a version where this can be set in the Shift+Alt+X Settings before breaking anything πŸ˜…

6 years ago

It is in the settings menu, set it to 1 and hit save.

6 years ago

lol, crazy 😜 must have been blind πŸ™ˆ
works as expected now, tyvm

6 years ago

Css version now includes an option for page width πŸ˜€

6 years ago

Version 1.4.9.7

• Export brought up to date to include all CSS and exported in "Mozilla Format" for easy import into style managers.
  • Removed last of greasemonkey function dependency.
  • ESGST up to date as of v7.13.1

Version 1.4.9.6

• CSS version now includes an option for page width.
  • Updated for SGTools "Show Giveaway List" feature.
  • Added support for Secret Sniffer.
  • Added support for Did they even play.
  • ESGST up to date as of v7.12.2
6 years ago*

Firstly, thank you for this, I couldn't use SG without some kind of "dark" mode.
However, since the 7.13.1 update of ESGST (maybe because of removing the !important rules you asked about) the new draggable category icons have lost the custom colours I gave them and revert to the colour of the rest of the text in .giveaway__columns. It only happens on the giveaway list pages (homepage, user page etc), on a giveaway's own page the custom colours are still present.
Before the 7.13.1 update the 'text' colours were correct, but the background colour was wrong (black instead of grey).

6 years ago

I'm not seeing this behavior are both scripts up to date and what browser is this in?

6 years ago

Thanks for the reply πŸ™‚
I'm using the Opera browser, with the latest ESGST installed as a Chrome extension, and the latest SGv2 Dark installed as a userstyle with Stylish. I've uploaded a couple of screen grabs to illustrate, one with SGv2 Dark enabled and one without.

Is there anything I can do to narrow down the cause?

EDIT: Just tried your userscript version in case it was any different... and it wasn't 😣

View attached image.
View attached image.
6 years ago*

If you are talking about the icons next to the ratings i am not familiar with those in ESGST what setting is it?

6 years ago

One of the new things added in v7.13.0, I don't think there's a new setting as such, you just drag the icons to the new place.

Move categories around and customize their color/icons in Game Categories

View attached image.
6 years ago

Ahhh ok i just thought that was used for rearranging didn't know it could be dragged into giveaway columns, will have to check that out.

6 years ago

😎

6 years ago

Corrected in the CSS version, keep in mind ESGST swaps background color with text color when you move these in or out of giveaway columns.

6 years ago

Looks great, thanks for the quick update! 😁

6 years ago

Version 1.5.1.2

• ESGST up to date as of v7.17.1

Version 1.5.1.2

• ESGST up to date as of v7.16.4

Version 1.5.1.1

• ESGST up to date as of v7.16.0

Version 1.5.1

Version 1.4.9.9

• ESGST up to date as of v7.14.2
6 years ago*

oh my god thank you,no official darkmode is barbaric

6 years ago

Version 1.5.1.6

• ESGST up to date as of v7.18.4 (Dev 9)

Version 1.5.1.5

• ESGST up to date as of v7.18.2

Version 1.5.1.4

• ESGST up to date as of v7.17.7
6 years ago*

Hello, I'd like to know if you would authorize me to add this theme to ESGST.

5 years ago

Of course πŸ’›

5 years ago

Version 1.5.1.7

• ESGST up to date as of v7.21.1
5 years ago

"Fixed width" seems not to be working after last update.

btw... I'm using Stylus.

5 years ago

whoops , corrected now.

5 years ago

πŸ‘

View attached image.
5 years ago

No "Fixed width" in this update?

View attached image.
5 years ago

Grrrr πŸ‘Ώ Usertstyles.org wiped the option, i'll add it back.

5 years ago*

Yay! I'll be there!

View attached image.
5 years ago

All set you are good to update.

5 years ago

Many thanks :)

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

Version 1.5.2

• ESGST up to date as of v7.26.0

Version 1.5.1.9

• ESGST up to date as of v7.24.1

Version 1.5.1.8

• ESGST up to date as of v7.23.0
5 years ago*

Is it normal for a visual script like this to add a ton of load when scrolling a page? I don't know if this is just related to using Tampermonkey of if it happens with Stylus as well since I haven't tried it, but I don't remember it happening when I used to use Stylish.

When I grab the scroll bar and move the page up and down or click my mouse wheel and then move the mouse to slowly scroll up or down the page, everything gets all jittery and choppy. I opened task manager and while scrolling up and down this page, it is using 40-60% of my CPU (3570K at 4.2Ghz). When I disable just this dark theme in Tampermonkey, the page scrolling becomes perfectly smooth and my CPU usage while scrolling is only 1-5%. That is a massive difference.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I am using Chrome and only have 3 extensions installed (Linkclump, Ublock Origin, and Tampermonkey). Tampermonkey has 3 scripts running. I disabled all extensions other than Tampermonkey and disable the other 2 scripts in Tampermonkey. Now this script on Tampermonkey is the only thing running in Chrome. I reloaded this page and it still happens. Disabling this script makes it stop and run perfectly smooth with almost no CPU usage.

5 years ago

Deleted

5 years ago

I don't know how to do that. Are you talking about when I press control+shift+I and it brings up a window with a tab called console? I do have a red error there on every SG page, but it doesn't sound like it would cause this.

Edit: This red error is gone. It was only there because I had a win today. Once I marked it as received and the win notification went away, the error disappeared.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=e01d4126-c2a4-4334-866d-cc1ce54f0653:9936 Cannot set property 'won' of undefined
at response (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=e01d4126-c2a4-4334-866d-cc1ce54f0653:9936)
at response.text.then.responseText (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=e01d4126-c2a4-4334-866d-cc1ce54f0653:34839)

There is also a yellow error with 9 instances. It looks like it is saying that the page is HTTPS, but the images from Imgur are only HTTP. This also doesn't sound like part of the problem. Then again, I have no idea what I am talking about when it comes to this :)

Edit: This yellow error shows on every SG page, even when there are no Imgur links.

[Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
a @ content.js:26
9Mixed Content: The page at '<URL>' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure image '<URL>'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.

5 years ago*

This is a tampermonkey script but not SGv2 Dark are you running ESGST ?

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=e01d4126-c2a4-4334-866d-cc1ce54f0653:9936 Cannot set property 'won' of undefined
at response (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=e01d4126-c2a4-4334-866d-cc1ce54f0653:9936)
at response.text.then.responseText (chrome-extension://dhdgffkkebhmkfjojejmpbldmpobfkfo/userscript.html?id=e01d4126-c2a4-4334-866d-cc1ce54f0653:34839)

5 years ago

Yes, I am. I forgot to disable the other scripts when checking for errors.

Edit: Removed what I previously wrote here since it was incorrect and I was starting to talk in circles. Will post a new comment incase you don't see this edit.

5 years ago*

The mixed content warning don't matter only the errors.

5 years ago

This error seems to be related to Tampermonkey in general. If I disable all the scripts and just leave Tampermonkey running I still get this exact same error.

content.js:26 [Deprecation] Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.
a @ content.js:26

Edit: I guess this one is a warning and not an error. I am new to all this :)

5 years ago*

Only a warning it will not matter.

5 years ago

The red error that you mentioned above "Cannot set property 'won' of undefined" went away after I activated a win and the notification of my win went away, so that is no longer a problem. I did have ESGST enabled at the time.

5 years ago

If that is the current ESGST you might want to report that error ;) but anyway does the jank still persist ?

5 years ago

It is not the current version of ESGST. I also am not running the current version of SGV2, I am running 1.5.1.7. It is still happening. I will update to the latest version and see if it fixes it.

5 years ago

I just updated SGV2 to 1.5.2 and it is still stuttering. Still using about 50-60% CPU to scroll this page. It uses about 25-35% to scroll the main giveaways page.

5 years ago

I just clicked my mouse wheel and then dragged down to let it slowly scroll down the page for about 5 seconds and it looks like this. Also, grabbing the scroll bar with the mouse does the same thing, moving the page in any way causes it.

View attached image.
5 years ago

This is without other scripts? and do you use instant injection in tamper monkey?

5 years ago

That was with 2 other scripts (ESGST, steamgifts enhanced discussion), but it does the same thing with only SGV2 enabled. Also, yes I am using instant injection.

I just disabled all scripts except SGV2 and restarted Chrome. CPU usage is the same and drops to 0% when I stop scrolling. Then I tried setting injection on Tampermonkey to default and normal and restarted Chrome after each change. The CPU usage is the same on all tests. The only thing that fixes it is to disable SGV2 and then it is smooth with 1-5% CPU usage while scrolling.

5 years ago

Can you try the CSS only version and see if the results are the same?

5 years ago

I don't know what that is. What is the CSS only version and how do I install it?

5 years ago

It's the Download Style link in the OP. It's what you install with Stylus.

5 years ago

Oh, I wasn't sure what CSS only meant. I'll try it now.

5 years ago

I just disabled Tampermonkey, installed Stylus and SGV2. The stuttering is gone with Stylus and it only uses about 5-8% CPU while scrolling. Re-enabled Tampermonkey with just the other 2 scripts and everything is good.

I mainly wanted to use the script through Tampermonkey because I already had it installed for other scripts and didn't want to have to install another extension, but I guess I can run them both, it's not a problem. Thanks for your help :)

Edit: Also, I'll be happier with Stylus anyway because I don't get the white flash when loading pages that I get with Tampermonkey.

5 years ago*

If you use ESGST anyway there is also the option enable the style in the ESGST settings, that way you would not have to use stylus.

5 years ago

I don't understand. Are you sating that ESGST has a dark theme that I can enable? I just searched the ESGST page and couldn't find anything.

Edit: I have ESGST running through Tampermonkey, I didn't know an extension existed. Are you talking about running the ESGST extension? I last updated ESGST 277 days ago, I guess I am out of the loop :)

5 years ago*

Extension probably would be the better option for ESGST, as far as the styles go the newer versions of ESGST has an option to include SGv2 Dark and other styles. Plus SGv2 Dark is more compatible with newer versions of ESGST as i remove older unused ESGST classes.

5 years ago*

Version 1.5.4

• ESGST up to date as of v7.27.0

Version 1.5.3

• Added option to enable gpu use on image background, 1 = on, 0 = off.
  • ESGST up to date as of v7.26.4

Script version now starts earlier to avoid flashes, "instant injection" in tampermonkey settings is still recommended.

5 years ago*

Hello SquishedPotatoe!
We need you again to fix this =)

View attached image.
5 years ago

Can you confirm if v8.0.2 fixes this?

5 years ago

Yes. Its fine now.
More kudos to you xD