The classic boasting thread and almost the only reason why we still keep buying games during those sales, right?
You are free to include purchases from other stores or systems, besides Steam/PC.

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

How much did you spend?

View Results
Nothing
< $10
< $25
< $50
< $100
< $200
$200 or more
Spend? Ha, I actually earned me some potatoes!

Bought nothing (so far). Don't think I will in this year's Xmas sales tbh.

3 years ago

Money from cards is technically spend but also kinda free. :p

And $1 is also <$50.

3 years ago

Conveniently, the Steam Sale ends on Jan 5, which is after the next Humble Choice bundle is revealed. I'll just wait and see what's in the bundle before even considering to buy something.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Yeah, I bought games that are too new (Early Access) or too old for Humble, so far. And one game where I wanted to reward the devs anyway. ;)

3 years ago

Exactly what's been on my mind this Winter Sale. You got the right idea and the patience for it.

3 years ago

Ever since they've removed flash sales, there's no benefit of shopping early on. And I've got enough games that patience shouldn't be an issue either.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Nice suggestion! Thought the sale ended tomorrow, and have about $80 of games in my cart.

3 years ago

As always, idling & selling all cards from games and buying some DLCs.

3 years ago

I got:
-- Quantum Conundrum (with Season Pass)
-- Cat Quest
-- Thumper
Not exactly AAA titles, but for about $2.25 total, I thought it was a good deal.

3 years ago

I knew it's regional prices :( would instantly pay 2.25 for Thumper alone

3 years ago

Ah.... Sorry... Come live with us...

On second thought, don't -- not a good time to be here. But come in a few years! :D

3 years ago

Crime stats say hard nope :D
Eartern Europe gets fucked enough by politics and the full euro price region game-wise, but the heat would be a lot to bear, personally :P

3 years ago

Well, yeah, we got crime, and bad politics, and bad pandemics, and too much heat, and bad currency conversion, and bad infra-structure, lots of government corruption....

....but, Steam prices, man! :D

Cheers, have a good new year!

3 years ago

....but, Steam prices, man! :D

Stonks 8)

Have a great new year!

3 years ago

about 3,50$ got some dlc for hat in time

3 years ago

aw crap i'm the first vote for over $200. in my defense (!!!!) i bought a lot of gifts and am including that in the total. but also Persona 5 Strikers pre-order and the Cyberpunk game added a lot, oy.

3 years ago

Got myself Baba Is You, Highway Blossoms DLC, AI: The Somnium Files and Muse Dash. The latter two I can't play yet but Baba Is You is strangely addicting and the hours have just flown by playing it, and the Highway Blossoms DLC is just okay so far, nothing spectacular.

3 years ago

Baba is You is awesome. It's such an original idea and puzzles are challenging but rewarding.

3 years ago

I usually don't buy more than a game or two on sales but this has been a pretty shitty year so I figured I should spend some of the real money I saved and the wallet funds I got from cards on something to keep me distracted at least

View attached image.
3 years ago

Grabbed Subnautica: Below Zero before its price increases!

3 years ago

Thanks for the heads up on the price increase. I might have to grab it as well.

3 years ago

I'm waiting for the full release to really get into it, but from what I've played so far it seems like more of what we love. Highly recommend picking it up.

3 years ago

Considering how awesome the first one is, "more of what we love" is high enough praise to get me excited. Will sleep on it ;)

Happy New Year!

3 years ago

Hope you have an enjoyable New Year's as well!

3 years ago

oh shit yeah! i bought it forever ago and played a little bit, but i've been waiting for 1.0 before i really dive in. thanks to your post i found out they're slated for an early 2021 release. can't wait.

3 years ago

The original Subnautica might be one of my favorite games ever. Even if Below Zero is just more of the same, I'd be more than satisfied!

3 years ago

absolutely. i'd heard of it forever ago while it was still in early access and wishlisted it due to the rating and tags, but didn't pull the trigger until i watched a youtuber start a fresh run blind. i was blown away when i actually starting playing it.. i could not put it down. i've tried other games with similar genre (like the forest), but couldn't really get into them. there's something really special about subnautica. i bought below zero before i even finished the first game.
there are a couple similar looking games i have my eye on - hardspace: shipbreaker and breathedge, which apparently is "subnautica in space". breathedge has been in early access since - i guess - september 2018, though it looks like it should be getting a full release in early 2021. it's also currently in a humble bundle for 61¢ more than its current sale price, with a bunch of other good games included.
do you have any good suggestions for games similar to subnautica?

3 years ago

Happy New Year!
I'm sure you've heard of this one by now, but Outer Wilds really evoked the same feelings for me, of the desire to explore the unknown along with being totally immersive as well. And if you enjoyed piloting the Cyclops in Subnautica, I think you'll feel right at home flying the spaceship here!
Mabye you'd enjoy immersive sims (eg. Dishonored, Hitman, Prey) like I do, but that's a bit of a stretch.
Besides that, I really can't think of anything else. There really needs to be more games like Subnautica!

3 years ago

I limit myself to $75 a year, and spent the rest of my $13 this sale on some stuff i've been eyeing. My backlog ever expands.

View attached image.
3 years ago

Nothing yet, I'm waiting until Friday to see what's in the Humble Choice. If Choice is uneventful, then I have the following picked out:

• Noita
  • Cuphead
  • Grim Dawn
  • Firewatch
3 years ago

Humble Bundle had a better deal for Grim Dawn (well at least for its DLC's, but it couldn't have been worse for base game) during their fall sale, especially if you're choice subscriber so it might be better to just wait for HB's winter sale and hope they have as good or better deal for it as they had for previous sale.

I don't remember how much was the base game discounted for but I know DLC's were 50-something percent, while on steam they're only 30%.

3 years ago

Base game was in a Humble Monthly.

3 years ago

Yes, it was. But since ExpiredWaffle doesn't have it in his steam library I assume he hasn't bought that bundle so how is this relevant? I didn't buy that bundle either since I didn't have means to subscribe back then. (I did win the game on SG though but that's irrelevant).

If you're mentioning this because of the trading and grey market not a lot of traders have a copy left by now and it's around 5€ with fees on grey market which is how much it costs on steam during sale and if you're a choice subscriber you can probably get it for even less than that on HB's sale.

3 years ago

I was just pointing it out. However way you take it, is up to you, no need to get defensive :)

Have a nice day.

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

3 years ago

Oh look at you, trying to act smart. Must have missed this part from my original comment:

so it might be better to just wait for HB's winter sale and hope they have as good or better deal for it as they had for previous sale.

Their winter sale should start in the first half of the January so one wouldn't need to wait long.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Telling someone that they could quite possibly save money (probably around 5€ on base game and expansions) if they wait for a week or two is irrelevant? Well I don't know about you but I try to save money wherever I can.

I assume that since you have over 6,500 games on steam and are lv9 on SG you have a lot of disposable income and don't have to worry about saving few bucks per game, but that's not the case for everyone so get off your high horse.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

The game gets a discount every large HB sale, that's not going to suddenly change.

Tracking price history is easy and given the information available they will at worst have to pay the same amount on HB's upcoming sale as they would now on steam and at best they would save some money (around 5€ probably like during fall sale, which can get you another one or two nice indie games).

So there is literally no reason not to wait, unless they want to play the game asap and don't care about saving some money. Cheers.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Cuphead is great, difficult but very responsive. Excelent for coop.

3 years ago

Noita looks awesome! I had yet to run across it, and it looks like it'll scratch my Terraria itch.

3 years ago

Noita is quite possibly my GOTY. Not so sure it will scratch your Terraria itch, though. It's more about trying to control and survive the chaos and destruction you unleash as you explore, rather than a survival/crafting affair. But if it is the combat, exploration, and secrets you are after, then you are in for a treat. Just be aware going into it that it is heavily RNG dependent, and often brutally difficult (sometimes to the point of being blatantly unfair).

3 years ago

No Time (that i use for travel to 2021 so was totally worth it for not wait new year) and Wattam (that i use for make some shitty screenshots so was totally worth it),but maybe take something other until 6.

3 years ago

When I was reasonnable:
My Vow to My Liege
TAISHO x ALICE episode 1
Gothic Murder English Version
Fetish Locator Week One - Extended Edition
Astrologaster

Special group event: Fallout 4, NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4, Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
Then sent Townscaper, Party Hard Tycoon and Code Vein as gifts (and Firewatch as a late christmas gift)

And then I felt a little down so I got myself the Nekopara bundle (vol.1,vol.2,vol.3, extra)

Christmas was expensive, around 90€ of games it was quite over-budget haha, I should probably return the Nekopara bundle to buy it later.

3 years ago*

I split my buys between Epic and Steam. The Outer Wilds so far on Epic, and Cat Quest and SuperFlight on Steam

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Superflight not superfight :P

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Superflight is an flight game: Superflight is an intense, easy to learn wingsuit game with an infinite number of beautiful procedurally generated maps. A great game to relax for half an hour and chase your latest highscore!

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago

3 years ago

I didn't know about Infra, seems very interesting

3 years ago

I really spoiled myself this sale. Spent more in one go than I ever have before.
Total: A$ 446.09

• Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Death Stranding
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
  • Nier Automata
  • Hades
  • Grim Dawn + Forgotten Gods + Crucible + Ashes of Malmouth
  • Black Mesa
  • Golden Light
  • G String
  • Samorost 2
  • Samorost 3
  • Machinarium
  • Botanicula
  • Pilgrims
  • Creaks
  • Cats Organized Neatly
  • Roboquest
  • Hunt Showdown - Crossroads DLC
3 years ago

OOF, nice. I don't think I can finish all that in a year though, good luck!

3 years ago

A Plague Tale: Innocence
What Remains of Edith Finch
Mass Effect™: Andromeda Deluxe Edition
Mirror's Edge Catalyst with the Runner Kit dlc
Sea of Solitude
Dreamfall Chapters
The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories
planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet
LEWDAPOCALYPSE Hentai Evil :)

3 years ago*

3 years ago

Bought the following games as gifts:

• Enter the Gungeon
  • Dicey Dungeons
  • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
  • Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
  • Forge Quest
  • Finding Paradise
3 years ago

The Outer Wilds on Epic
Monster Train on GOG

The latter was a bit of a splurge, but my family and I absolutely love good deckbuilding games, and as something we can all play together it seems well worth it. I just saw that Griftlands is on sale on Epic too, so will likely pick it up to play after we tire of Monster Train.

3 years ago

Was a great choice. The first true successor to Slay the Spire in my opinion.

3 years ago

I don't know that I would call it a successor to Slay the Spire, but Monster Train is definitely the best deckbuilder I've played since Slay the Spire. Monster Train feels more like a cross between Magic the Gathering and tower defense. I don't think it's as polished and fine tuned as Slay the Spire, but Monster Train has a whole lot more - all the different decks and combinations, different champions, and a lot more randomness.

I just tried the Griftlands demo and that looks really good too. Pretty different in feel as more of a deckbuilding RPG, but really well done and really fun.

3 years ago

I haven't bought anything yet. I am considering Salt and Mibibli's Quest. I am interested in playing both, but not sure if either is worth $1.50 to me. They will both probably end up in a bundle at some point.

3 years ago

Got the divinity bundle during the autumn sale.

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/14169/Divinity_Original_Sin__The_Source_Saga/

Already finished the first one in 50+ hours, a few annoying puzzles that I needed to look up, no complaints outside of that. Now I need a break before jumping into the second one.

3 years ago

Deleted

3 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 months ago.

3 years ago

Oh damn, Transistor is 85% off, that's the new historical low. For some reason I didn't have it on my wishlist so I didn't notice. I might pick it up.

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.