So, yesterday I won a gift here. Here is the link: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/x1ii8/just-cause-2WWSS
I have received it via Steam trading and unpacked. Everything went fine. Until today morning.
When I tried to login into my account, it said that my acccount is suspended. Oh well, and the e-mail is empty of course. Sure thing I knew the risk I'm taking by default when just registering here.
For now, I'm not accusing anybody. But, when I come to think that I have never violated Steam's ToS, and the gift receiving was my last transaction...
Well, maybe the Metro 2033 Steam deal I caught is the reason. Or the Borderlands GOTY deal. Who knows?
I'll keep in touch with this thread. As of now - beware.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

I still have no news regarding my situation, but just so you know guys: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2096496
Steam support STILL mantains a bad habbit of banning the receiving party.

1 decade ago

I figure because that's cause you didn't do anything through the trade beta, you just received a gift.

1 decade ago

Not exactly. As I have stated, I've used THE trading. Yes, that window with drag&drop features. And that thread on the steam forums isn't mine.

1 decade ago

Caaaaaaaardiiiiiing.... not funny, though.

1 decade ago

Doubtful. Usually "carders" have way more games on their account, for the obvious reason - "because they can". That guys barely has 20. It's a simple chargeback, if you ask me.

1 decade ago

By the way, for those of you guys who pointed out the fact that that guy can still log into Steam, while I cannot. Well, of course shit happens - at school, at university, at work, finally, at home. But for a guy with ~50hrs/2 weeks, he is offline for a suspiciously long time. If that fashion continues till tomorrow inclusive, you folks, and especially the administrators of this site, can start making conclusions. As for me - well, I am still waiting for that ULTRA-MEGA-BUSY Steam support to reply.

1 decade ago

It's the one major failing of Steam, their customer support is consistently horrible.

1 decade ago

P.S. I wonder how long will last my authorization here. Once it breaks, I won't be able to login anymore until my account gets re-enabled.

1 decade ago

Make a 2nd account and post the name here before you get locked out. Someone will send your temp account an invite.

1 decade ago

i doubt he's going to buy $50 worth of games on a temp account to meet the joining requirement

1 decade ago

That is true. I shall think what to do.

1 decade ago

Oops didn't think about that.

1 decade ago

The avatarless comment in my profile is my second account. Nickname is Visor.

1 decade ago

why should your authorization break?

1 decade ago

Cookies get deleted. In that case he would have to re-login, which might be impossible considering his suspended steam account.

1 decade ago

Did you got back you acc ?

1 decade ago

It says last online three days ago, so I assume he hasn't.

1 decade ago

Yeah it usually takes steam support 3 or 4 bussiness days to reply. He pry wont hear from them until Thursday or Friday.

1 decade ago

steam support should really be more efficient than this.

1 decade ago

Yeah, for a true gamer, 3 to 4 business days is a lifetime. I had issues once over a weekend, thought I was going to die after 5 days. This poor guy needs help over a holiday. lol i feel for him.

1 decade ago

Ok fellows, I got my issue solved. I have provided all the info I could in my ticket, including CD-KEY's, payment ID's etc. So I just got my password reseted without any comments regarding the initial reason for the suspension. Though, when I've logged in, Steam told me that the Support has marked my account as "recovered after a hijack", so I must change my password and secret question. I guess at one moment I had both my desktop and laptop logged at once, so that caused the issue. Anyway, now it's over and I feel like I should apologize for suspecting that guy. Keep using this great service and hope for the best. Cheers! P.S. Mods should lock this thread.

1 decade ago

Grats on getting your situation fixed (and letting us know asap that it was a false alarm so that we can stop worrying)!

1 decade ago

Considering I log in from my laptop, desktop, and phone, i hope I don't have a similar issue :(

1 decade ago

Well, steam can see the IP and whatever, for see where are you. If steam see you are in canada and 5 minutes after in germany well, that's not normal :P

1 decade ago

Great news. Welcome back.

1 decade ago

Good to hear this had nothing to do with SG!

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by FERMi27.