Announcement:

I am truly sad, but this will be my last Jigidi for now. The reason is simple: Too many people are using an autosolver script. It got worse every month and i tolerated it as long as possible, but this month i had 10 solvers it the first 10 min after updating this thread. I am really sorry for everyone who really solves the puzzles. I will think in the next days about what other kind of puzzle i can create every month or maybe I can keep it going with some additional rules.

Hi, same procedure as every month: One puzzle, one 7-games-long-train and maybe a bonus.

Puzzle (252 pieces)

Spoiler GAs: Half Past Fate, Streets of Fury EX, Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince, Pathologic 2, Road Redemption, Struggling, RimWorld

Bonus:

Spoiler GAs: Extreme Exorcism, Four Sided Fantasy, Fantasy Versus, EarthNight, Gift of Parthax, Quantum Replica, StarCrossed

Please inform me, if i messed up somewhere!

Enjoy and stay healthy!

Lvl 2+
Duration: Ends Mar 5th, 6:00 pm (GMT+1)

Old Puzzles just for fun:

January

Old Dungeon just for fun:
Boo's Dungeon

6 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Bump

3 years ago

Great time as always and cause i know you are the fastest i know that too many people are now using an autosolver script. 10 people "solved" this puzzle under 10 min... So yeah i am really sad, but this is my last Jigidi for now. See the announcement at the top.

3 years ago

Sorry to hear that. That;s really sad news. Have you thought of keeping the even going without prizes? I bet there are at least some participants interested more in the jigidis then possible prizes and the event could go on just like for example Guess the game(screenshots)

Nevertheless thanks for you kind words and the whole effort you invested into this event in the past 3 years. Every time I visited I knew I would be able to find some nice jigidis here(very good choice of images)

3 years ago

A "Jigidi just for fun"-thread is an idea, but for know i probably will try to find an alternative and then just create a jigidi for fun there every month

3 years ago

Bump! Thanks for the puzzle!

3 years ago

Thank you, have a good one!

3 years ago

That's really disappointing. I know I've been a lot less active recently but I used to solve every jigidi on the site even if I had no interest in the giveaways. I wonder if the people cheating feel any shame at all.

3 years ago

Cheaters are often even proud of cheating and even think that everyone else stupid is for doing it the hard way.

If i find an alternative i might still create a jigidi every month just for fun with no giveaways

3 years ago

Thank you for the giveaways and jigidi.
I'm sorry that other people are ruining it by cheating :(

3 years ago

You are welcome, have a good one!

3 years ago

Sad to hear that this is the last one of your great jigidis. I always enjoyed solving them. Anyway, have a bump and thank you very much for all those fun puzzles!

3 years ago

Thanks Gellax! If i find a good alternative i might still create a jigidi every month just for fun with no giveaways

3 years ago

Bump for entering into the baked potato! sorry you had to deal with the cheaters tho, I've always been amazed on how people could solve a 250+ piece puzzle in such a short period of time when it takes like around 2 hours for me lol

3 years ago

Some people are actually really fast and solve these puzzles in 20-30 min, but cheats are just too fast. Have a good one!

3 years ago

Ahh, just noticed the announcement :(
First of all thanks for having done these, i really loved your jigidis. They were fun.
Also thanks for theGAs.

Take good care Sir!

3 years ago

Thanks for your kind words, hbguru!

Hope i find an alternative soon

3 years ago

Bump!

3 years ago

Thanks, have a good one!

3 years ago

Bump, It's sad that no longer monthly jigidi by abuser.. Thank you so far.

3 years ago

Thanks, hope i find some kind of alternative soon

3 years ago

It's sad to see this event go, it was nice to do the monthly jigis.

3 years ago

I'm sad too. But it just got out of hands. The autosolver i know was released over 1 year ago. I saw a few suspicious entries here and there, but the last months the number of entries and super fast solvers in the first minutes just got too high

3 years ago

It's a shame some people take short cuts like that. I realy appreciate what you were doing with this event, it was nice while it lasted. Thank you!

3 years ago

Bump

3 years ago

Thanks, have a good one!

3 years ago

Too many people are using an autosolver script

Aww crap, why do some people always have to ruin things for the rest of us? 😞
Thanks for all the jigidis up til now Doc! 😊

3 years ago

I'm sad that it got so far. Some people are just too selfish.

3 years ago

Very sad to see the event go, been looking forward to it every month pretty much since I've joined the site and I can definitely say I've got a whole lot better at solving jigsaw puzzles because of it. Hopefully there's some solution to be found. I always thought the jigidi site could use some more features, and I started wondering how hard it'd be to create a small puzzle site like that. Honestly I had no idea that cheating was that big of a problem but now that I do I'll look into making something like this some more!

Some script or site checking for the autosolver would probably be doable, the extra steps necessary would probably deter some participants but would definitely help maintain the events integrity if it worked properly. Maybe I'd be able to finesse something like that, I'll definitely look into it.

3 years ago*

Yes, some more features would have been great. I mean, the main reason we use the jigidi site here on sg is just the option to create a completion message at the end. Other sites does not even have that.
The autosolver i know about came out a little bit over a year ago. There were a few suspicious entries here and there but i could tolerate it. This year in January i had 100+entries more than the average and lots of very fast anonymous solvers in the first hour. Lugum has currently running a jigidi with 350 pieces and nearly mono-black. He had 10 anonymous solves within the first hour. So yeah it just got out of hand.

The autosolver i know about (just google "jigidi autosolver") only works afaik, if you are not logged in. So there seems to be already something against it on the jigidi site. One simple solution would be, that people are forced to login to partipate. Currently thinking about going this way: People have to be logged in and winners have to show a screenshot to prove it. But there might be scripts which even worked, when logged in or some other workarounds.

3 years ago

I found the script and did some testing, unfortunately the "you have to be logged out for it to work" requirement can be easily bypassed with a quick edit of the script. That said, I don't think the cheaters using this script are very inventive, having people log in into the account and show a screenshot as a proof would probably stop most of them.

3 years ago

Thought so, thanks for checking. Yes probably enough to keep most of them out

3 years ago

February Bump

3 years ago

February thanks

3 years ago

Thanks & Bump! :)

3 years ago

3 years ago

bumper

3 years ago

Thanker!

3 years ago

Sorry to hear that, thanks for all the events til now~

3 years ago

Hope i find a workaround or an alternative

3 years ago

Bump! A shame that it has to end, but it is understandable.

3 years ago

Thanks squall! Maybe i find a workaround with some rules like you have to be logged in and have to show screenshots or something like that

3 years ago

Hmm, something similar to the Christmas event that ozo2003 did may be doable, but manually checking every submission is quite some work, don't know if it is worthwhile. Maybe doing events this way instead of doing it monthly would be better.

3 years ago

Bump~

3 years ago

3 years ago

Somber bump, Doc. I didn't even know that autosolvers were a thing, but I can completely understand how discouraging that must feel. I always looked forward to these puzzles, and appreciate you putting them up month after month. :)

sends Boo out to track down the cheaters and go for the eyes!

3 years ago

The script is out for over 1 year. Now that it got out of hand and many people seem to use it, i see not much point anymore in keeping it a secret. Maybe i find a workaround.

3 years ago

just please don't use itstoohard site, the website is not accessible without vpn and also not fun, at least I can relax playing jidigi.

3 years ago

Yes i know that some websites are not accessible for everyone. Hope i find a good alternative or a workaround

3 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

3 years ago

Hi stavogrin, you are welcome. Yes, hope i find a good way to keep the thread running somehow.

3 years ago

I even didn't know (or, to be honest, I just didn't want to know) about the autosolver scripts...
Of course, online versions of such Jigi puzzles won't replace the real ones in some senses, but they are still able to bring childhood memories of those happy times when we have been making pictures out of those tiny pieces, And, for me, such puzzles are a kind of allegorical putting pieces of life, art, ideas, etc. together.

Thank you for all your efforts and for your kind heart!

3 years ago

The script is out since a little bit over a year ago. I found about it november last year. Now that it got out of hand and many people seem to use it, i see not much point anymore in keeping it a secret. Maybe i find a workaround.

3 years ago

Potato bump.
Like most long-time jigidi solvers I am sad to see your great monthly event ruined by a small number of cheats. I enjoy the challenge and know that you put effort into selecting the pictures and piece numbers for each giveaway. Interestingly, Lugum was actually disappointed with his recent jigidi giveaways for similar reasons I suspect. He even linked a how-to on auto completing a jigidi that he found online :(
Absolutely no fun to be had that way and I hope their script eats their pc.

3 years ago

Yes, i talked with Lugum about it yesterday. 10 anonymous people solved his 350 pieces mostly mono-black jigidi in under 1 hour. Maybe i can find a workaround with some rules. The script i know only works if you are logged in. So maybe with a "Login is necessary and winner has to prove it with a screenshot"-rule i can keep going. Have to think about it. Have a good one, Delisper!

3 years ago

Sorry to hear about the cheaters. Lazy people always spoil the fun for everyone else.

Here's a thought, though...make a list of those who solved the puzzle in the first ten minutes and just blacklist them. Don't allow anonymous wins...people have to be willing to show their win screen in jigidi if they win a GA and you don't know them.

3 years ago

Afaik the autosolver i know only works if you are not logged in. So yeah i might can keep it going with a "Login is necessary and winner has to prove it with a screenshot"-rule. I will probably create no train anymore and just one giveaway, so i don't have to check too much winners. But there might be scripts which even worked, when logged in or some other workarounds.

3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago by DrTenma.