...When I remembered it's not available here in the UK (because Ubisoft are a bunch of greedy good for nothings).

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

not sure, but i feel as though that rule is to prevent people giving away the (often much cheaper) region locked russian versions of games that the rest of the world can't activate - not to prevent people from giving away games banned or restricted in certain countries (because otherwise due to australia we wouldn't be allowed to give away like, 96% of games)

9 years ago

Wait. There's a difference between a game being unavailable in the store of a particular region, and a game being region-locked, therefore not redeemable in a particular region. See ?

For instance, Fallout 3 is unavailable in India, it's not in their store, but they can still get it via trades and activate it without a problem.

9 years ago

Sid Meier's Pirates is unavailable on Steam in Serbia but I bought the game at GMG and activated it on Steam without a problem.

9 years ago

Well I heard that Ubisoft pulled the game from the U.S as well, but they soon retracted that. As far as I can see only the UK is affected. In fact I don't want the giveaway to be taken down, for I'd much rather everyone see how greedy Ubisoft have become.

9 years ago

Ubisoft nature is another debate, another thread maybe.

I thought the reason why this one exists was your question about the game being region-locked ?

9 years ago

You can't buy the game yourself, but you can activate a giftable copy with no problem.

9 years ago

Don't want to be a kill joy, so edited my comment. I don't want the giveaway to be removed and spoil it for everyone, just to warn users from the UK.

9 years ago

There's nothing to warn them about. Please read the example this fine gentleman provided.

Please inform yourself before stating random bullcrap, also, you're breaking the rules by accusing that person of making a region-locked giveaway.

9 years ago

Why Russians is the most cheaper one,
So... I joined another giveaway site from Russians, how can I check if any giveaway I join contain the game that not region locked to Russian only?
Because I spend about $100 there already.

9 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.