In 2020 , my friend gifted me this game and months later ,its got revoked . During the sale , i bought this again and when i launched , it said : For security reasons , the registration cod for your game has been deactivated . Please refer to your customer service website to resolve this issue . I contact EA support immediately , they said its steam problem and i should contact steam support . When i visit steam support they sent me directly to EA support .

• Only the multiplayer works !
  • EA told me to clear the cache and any left over files , I did what they said and apperently its still not working . I tried to launch the game on both steam and Origins .
  • After that , i contacted EA support on Facebook and apparently they said :
    Thanks for that!

So everything looks to be just fine on your account. Everything should be set and ready to do in order to allow you to play the full game, not just multiplayer only.

I discussed this issue here and it indeed should normally have been resolved once you were granted the new code for the game, so you could download/install the game via Origin. But since this is not the case sadly, we might have to try something different.

By the looks of the issue, it appears to be that there still could be something left on your PC from the time that the game did not want to launch at all when you purchased it via Steam.
This 'something', which is most likely something from your registry in relation to the game, has not been removed during the removal of the Steam version of the game. This is indeed something that Windows does not automatically remove, even not if you clear the leftovers via Ccleaner for example.

However, there is a tool available, called Revo Uninstaller, that can uninstall programs and can search for leftover registry files that might still be left behind.

This is not an EA managed tool, so this will be something you have to try at your own risk.

What I would recommend is the following (again, at your own risk): install Revo Uninstaller Free Version and remove the game via that program.
The steps go as follows:

• Download and install Revo Uninstaller: https://www.revouninstaller.com/start-freeware-download/
  • Open the program and search for the game
  • Do a full uninstall of the program and search for any leftover files https://youtu.be/Pi7E5LdN4Ns
  • Reboot the PC
  • Open Origin again, log back in and download/install the game
  • Check if you are able to play the game as normal, including Multiplayer and the Campaign.

EA told me to clear the cache and any left over files , I did what they said and apperently its still not working . I tried to launch the game on both steam and Origins .

2 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

You wrote the problem and the solution? I am not sure what you are looking here.

I am using Revo all the time and it is indeed useful.

2 years ago

Glad to hear you got it resolved, however this isn't the Steam forums, nor is it the EA/Origin forums.
Maybe you could post this on Steam or reddit instead, it would be much more helpful there.

(The Bugs/Suggestions category is for issues with the SteamGifts website, and has no affiliation with Steam).

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.