This is an userscript. It gives you an ability to browse steamgifts faster and more comfortable. Check out the screenshots!!

Note: This script is no longer under active development! PR-s for bug fixes are welcome!

Please Bump! 😀

Steam Group
Bug Reporting

If you like it please donate:

Steam

Browser addons:

You have to install one of them before you install the script!

The userscript:

After you installed the browser addon that need for you. Just open THIS link and click on [Raw] button the browser will automatically offer you to install the script!

Features:

• Add Enter button every active giveaways (list, real-time update)
  • Display chances for every giveaway (list, also on entered ga page)
  • Endless scrolling (with a lot of additional features)
  • Fixed header
  • Jump to top button at the bottom right corner
  • Update point every 60 seconds
  • Options
  • Hide entered giveaways
  • Automatically display images
  • SGv2 Dark Theme support
  • Advanced comment editor (with emoticons)

Authors:

• Nandee ( Programmer )
  • Pele ( Tester )

You can find the full change log at the top of the source code.

Final notes:

The script isn't under active development since i'm working on my first game I don't really wanna spend so much time on this project. Although I'm trying to do my best to keep it up to date. There some things that not contained by this script. Like features which request other pages when the page loads or manage a database in the background to keep the data fast and safe. I wont implement any feature like them in the feature for reason. I wanted to keep it as fast as possible. if you want features like this there is a lot of userscripts which can bring you them. Most if them also compatible with ESG. Small and creative feature requests and bug reports still welcome. Just keep in mind i might won't be able to implement them immediately.

Screenshots(2016. 05. 12. - Outdated):

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Awesome, thanks!

9 years ago

Tried, i like it. Thank you!

9 years ago

Thanks for the simple installation and the useful plugin.
Unfortunately the ESG dropdown menu doesn't work for me.
Just as inspiration: How about a menu option to sort the thread replies so that the lastest is the first to show up?

9 years ago

The ESG menu doesn't work for me, too. Anyways, it looks very nice.

9 years ago

I tested this feature only in Firefox. Chrome is works a bit different. I'll fix it :)

9 years ago

Oh did I mention Chrome? Indeed I'm using it. Thanks :)

9 years ago

There's already EasySteamgifts
thanks, maybe I'll try that for the "points updated every 2 sec"

9 years ago

Thank you kindly.

9 years ago

thx, that's a nice add-on :)

9 years ago

There's already Steamgifts++, why make yet another script?

9 years ago

More choices is better than less choices. Somebody might like this one better.

9 years ago

Everything started with the Enter button. After that I couldn't stop myself :)

9 years ago

The enter button from the main page is the one abomination that will never be accepted into SG++.

9 years ago

You don't have to use it, neither do I. I just realised my old SteamGifts Plus addon stopped working so I tried this one. Nothing wrong with it

9 years ago

Those kind of things are one of the main reason I don't do many public giveaways anymore. If someone is lazy to the point of not opening the giveaway page and reading the description, then I don't want that person anywhere near my giveaways.

From now on, I will be asking a question in the description of any public giveaway I make and blacklist anyone who doesn't answer. Best way to weed out the script kiddies. This really make me wish they would add captchas for entering to get rid of all the scripters and botters.

9 years ago

Don't waste your lifetime with blacklisting hundreds of people. Just do a private or group giveaway and vuola

9 years ago

I could do AAA games giveaway and only place the links in the description of a bunch of bundle giveaways. :P

9 years ago

Now this is an idea I can get behind! =)

9 years ago

i probably wouldn't see those due to having most bundled games, but at least that wouldn't get me blacklisted ;)

8 years ago

That's the main issue. I am in the same situation where I'd miss the good ones if they were referenced that way.

8 years ago

I've done this.......the entries are usually about half the entries from the bad rats or such giveaway..lol

8 years ago

You have a point, however it's not a rule that people must read the descriptions, at least not yet.

In my opinion it should be if not enforced at least encouraged to actually read the descriptions! That could also make possible the gifting of region locked games... sigh

9 years ago

doesn't have to be a site rule to get you blacklisted...you can blacklist for any reason....i've been blacklisted for differing opinions on gun control here on these forums...and prolly others that I don't know about.

8 years ago

ooh boy, hope i don't get blacklisted for being in a hurry. are you really going to take the time to compare the entire list of entrants with the comments?

8 years ago

There are add-ons to do that. ;)

But I would clearly state it in large characters in the description just to be sure that anyone actually loading the page could not miss it. The idea is not to trick people.

8 years ago

large characters i probably would notice. phew!

8 years ago

Not everyone using scripts are "script kiddie". I'm using it mostly to grid view and I'm reading everything what giveaway maker wrote. So stop putting everyone in one bag, it's not wise.

Cheers.

7 years ago

I really love it, I'll join the group, thanks for the script.

9 years ago

Why does this appear on home page and GA pages? Quite annoying, any way to fix it?
Also, 'enter' button appears on my profile i.e my own GAs.

View attached image.
9 years ago

What are you thinking about?
I'll fix the Enter button.

9 years ago

Its nice, a compatibility with the trade section would be awesome!

9 years ago

Do you have any ideas?

9 years ago

Well, maybe a infinite scroll for the home, mark in blue the games on your wishlist or the ones in your want section in your trades, stuff like that.

9 years ago

I guess it's useful when you're browsing randomly and not searching for a specific game

9 years ago

I added infinite scrolling to my todo list. Highlighting wishlist games is not seems possible becouse when you create a trade you are write the game's name and not choose it (for example: Payday 2 could be Pay Day 2, pd2, etc) So the program won't know what the game exactly.

9 years ago

compare2steam.com do this, you should talk with his dev

9 years ago

It doesn't enough good. This feature can't work with a similar program.

9 years ago

can there be feature to sort trades according to time created?

9 years ago

It possible but if I do it it will be really slow. The script have to download every page. Currently have 611,977 trades. If every page loads in avarage 200ms(every page has 100 trades). You have to wait 611977/100*200=1223654ms (20min). After that the script have to sort them (another 5 minutes).

It possible if the site's owner make it(becouse He has all data locally) but not with a browser addon.

9 years ago

ah, true, I see the problem now, it is up to the website creator to incorporate the sorting system.

9 years ago

Great addon, could you make the sales on the left side sort by percentage? so max sale is at the top?

9 years ago

Maybe. I'll think about this. :)

9 years ago

Endless scrolling doesn't work in "new" and I can't access the ESG drop down menu. Using chrome(ium). But this does look pretty awesome overall, you clearly have experience with this sort of things. Would it be possible to hide entered giveaways?

9 years ago*

The dropdown menu will be fixed in a few days. It possible to hide entered giveaways but why you think It will be useful? If you just enter a giveaway and you change your mind you have to open a different page to remove your entry...

9 years ago

I very rarely change my mind so I don't mind opening a different page. On the other hand when I scroll through "All", I constantly see those 30 or so giveaways I've already entered and they're just a waste of space. Also it constantly tricks me into thinking those are new giveaways I haven't entered yet. At least consider adding it as an option, I think the other addon has it, because quite a few people requested it. What about that endless scrolling in new? Is it a bug?

9 years ago*

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

9 years ago

I think it's just shortcuts, no filtering capabilities

9 years ago

Could you also implement a feature where only people who bothered to read the giveaway description can enter my giveaway? Thanks

9 years ago

I can add a view giveaway's description button. Or do you have any different idea?

9 years ago

He/she's only improving the site for those who install the addon, that means that only the site's owners could do something like that! I think it would be a nice addition, would help to give away region locked games too

9 years ago

i disabled "Scrolltop button" but it's still there.
and what are these blue lines? i know that's something to do with header, because removing fixed header fixed it. maybe it's conflicting with sg++?

9 years ago

I'll fix them.

9 years ago

Thanks for the fixes! The script is so much better after just a couple of days :] you can read one suggestion in an update I just wrote below

9 years ago

UPDATE 2

After a week the script is better than ever! The highlighting was fixed and the option to read the descriptions is awesome, thank you very much for your work

8 years ago

This looks pretty impressive, I'm going to try it out

9 years ago

UPDATE

So I activate the script when I have too much points stacked and want to enter to the latest bundled games, it's pretty usefull the chances display along the infamous enter button!

Just 1 suggestion, I use another script to see a "Dark" Steamgifts since black is easier on the eyes, but on my 1st page of wishlist the GAs appear with a white background, on the 2nd page they turn back to "normal" black.

I find this rather odd, however if I deactivate the "Highligh wishlist items" option everything is good :]

9 years ago

Can you send me a download link? I'll check it

9 years ago

Sure thing, here is the complete post and author

9 years ago

Thanks for writing and sharing the script. Two things: could you alter or remove the Wishlist highlight feature? (or make two versions of the scripts) It clashes with the dark theme I use. The other thing would be to change the "Miss" label with something like "Remove" or "Leave". "Miss" is not really the right word there.

9 years ago

First time the button was bigger and I wanted to use a shorter word, but now I can change It. You can disable "Hightlight wishlist" feature here:
http://www.steamgifts.com/account/profile/sync#esg_options

9 years ago

Thanks for your reply. Ideally, I would like to keep Wishlist highlighting, but I would want it not to be white. For now I will disable it like you suggested, then maybe I will edit the script myself.

9 years ago

happy cake day!

8 years ago

Thanks! :)

8 years ago

Trying it out, liking it so far!

9 years ago

If only your script had "grid view" option it would be even better than current SG++
Good work tho

9 years ago

really awesome

9 years ago

Great

9 years ago

so far so good, thanks!

9 years ago

I'm really liking it so far, thanks :) have an internet Teddy Graham ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

9 years ago

Nice

9 years ago

Does not work, i use firefox and i installed the Firefox version, but does not work :S

9 years ago

it does not work everytime indeed, sometimes does, but sometimes does not...

9 years ago

and also sometimes does not work only on steamgifts.com, but working in groups or wishlist

9 years ago

You have to install the updates. Everything will work again :)

9 years ago*

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.