This is an userscript. It gives you an ability to browse steamgifts faster and more comfortable. Check out the screenshots!!

Note: This script is no longer under active development! PR-s for bug fixes are welcome!

Please Bump! 😀

Steam Group
Bug Reporting

If you like it please donate:

Steam

Browser addons:

You have to install one of them before you install the script!

The userscript:

After you installed the browser addon that need for you. Just open THIS link and click on [Raw] button the browser will automatically offer you to install the script!

Features:

• Add Enter button every active giveaways (list, real-time update)
  • Display chances for every giveaway (list, also on entered ga page)
  • Endless scrolling (with a lot of additional features)
  • Fixed header
  • Jump to top button at the bottom right corner
  • Update point every 60 seconds
  • Options
  • Hide entered giveaways
  • Automatically display images
  • SGv2 Dark Theme support
  • Advanced comment editor (with emoticons)

Authors:

• Nandee ( Programmer )
  • Pele ( Tester )

You can find the full change log at the top of the source code.

Final notes:

The script isn't under active development since i'm working on my first game I don't really wanna spend so much time on this project. Although I'm trying to do my best to keep it up to date. There some things that not contained by this script. Like features which request other pages when the page loads or manage a database in the background to keep the data fast and safe. I wont implement any feature like them in the feature for reason. I wanted to keep it as fast as possible. if you want features like this there is a lot of userscripts which can bring you them. Most if them also compatible with ESG. Small and creative feature requests and bug reports still welcome. Just keep in mind i might won't be able to implement them immediately.

Screenshots(2016. 05. 12. - Outdated):

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

2.4.5 (2019. 08. 01.)

• Removed some commented code
  • Added deals to the sidebar
  • Handled timeout for the enter/remove button
  • Fixed some code errors
4 years ago

GREAT! I am still use this great extension and change to this not complete sidebar was highly requested by me some time ago. Thank you for change.

Ps. But always remove this line from code "$(ga).find('.giveaway__row-inner-wrap').removeClass('is-faded');" as i like more faded entered giveaways. As when i enter i dont wat to focus on GA i already entered :). Hope i will find it in new code too :).

EDIT: I found more then 1 instance of it :). Removed this one from 1203 row. Thx:)

4 years ago*

Hi, after a fresh install, ESG is not working for me. The console error is:

Script error in [Greasemonkey script esg/Extended Steamgifts; version 2.4.5]:
ReferenceError: $ is not defined

Seems to me like ESG wants to use jQuery but it's not being loaded, any idea what's wrong? Thanks!

4 years ago

Nevermind, I remembered this script only works with TamperMonkey, not with GreaseMonkey. You might want to update your post and recommend TamperMonkey for Firefox as well.

4 years ago

On the Holiday Event page, EGS removes the page select option. Only manual filter works https://www.steamgifts.com/happy-holidays/search?page=2

4 years ago

Best SG addon for sure! Thanks

4 years ago

bump 😀

4 years ago

Thank you :) ☺

4 years ago

thx!

4 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

3 years ago

Extended sg doesn't spam requests since 2.0 (from 2015, check changelog), the sidebar information taken from the bottom of the page, the pages only loaded when you scroll to the bottom, the points are updated every minute it should be fine. (there is a few more requests there but they all user interaction based)

3 years ago

I disabled the endless scrolling, the points update, and, by now, the 429 message appears less times, much less times. I can stay as it by now ^_^

3 years ago

With the filters and auto scrolling enabled it's easy to spam request but they are not invisible to the user.

3 years ago

Is there any way to put Discussions and Deals back on the bottom instead of the sidebar? I used to have it before, but don't know what I had changed to bring it back down. I formatted my PC and didn't save the settings.
If I disable "Active discussions in sidebar" the Discussions and Deals just disappear and there's a blank box on the bottom.

Edit: Never mind, it just simply fixed itself and went back to the bottom.

3 years ago*

Bump!

3 years ago

Where is the button of the enter all? i need help pls

3 years ago

Yeah can't find it aswell

3 years ago

There is no enter for all at once u can just enter one by one :)

3 years ago

Thank you!

3 years ago

But in the image you can see it ...

3 years ago

oh so it doesn't work right now ok.

3 years ago

I know it's kind of too late but the Enter All button was separated into a different script a while ago:
https://github.com/nandee95/Extended_Steamgifts/blob/master/Extended_Steamgifts_Enter_All.user.js

1 year ago

Deleted

3 years ago

Mega Bump!

3 years ago

Please add ability export/import hidden games, because if i wanna reinstall browser, i lost all of it

3 years ago

when you make dark theme mod?

1 year ago

honestly best, simple, easy tool for sg, enchanced and others are too complicated imo

1 year ago

What "giveaway marks" option does?

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

1 year ago

Same problem.

1 year ago

The same problem. And i know it is old extension but i really like it and it is one of few i am using (yes i know the alternative with many options but still prefer this with what i need only :) ). i guess it should by not so hard to repair if someone know what she is doing :). Hope someone will fix it :)

EDIT: Maybe a change from 3 years ago:
"2.4.5 (2019. 08. 01.)

Removed some commented code
Added deals to the sidebar
Handled timeout for the enter/remove button
Fixed some code errors"

Will help to find right section to fix as in this version deals was added ;)?

1 year ago*

As a totally "green" person I think this is a section to mess with ;): Starting from like 597 row of a code (at last for me as I have some changes to not remove grey out GA I already entered:)

EDIT: As far i see this part takes necessary variables and just build new string in c1 (and c2, c3 variable in similar way) and uses it too alter the web code. But i guess something changed in necesary variables or necessary code to show it in sidebar. But I never learned this language etc ;)).

"
//Active Discussions
if($(".homepage_heading:contains('Discussions')").length>0 && Number(GM_getValue("esg_autoscroll", 1))) {
if ($(".homepage_heading:contains('Discussions')").length && Number(GM_getValue("esg_discussions", 1))) {
var c1 = "";
$(".homepage_heading:contains('Discussions')").parent().find(".table").find(".tablerows").find(".tablerow-outer-wrap").each(function() {
var img = $(this).find(".table_image_avatar").css('background-image');

img = img.replace('url(', '').replace(')', '').replace('"', '').replace('"', '');
            var otitle = $(this).find(".homepage_table_column_heading").text();
            var url = $(this).find(".homepage_table_column_heading").attr("href");
            var comments = $(this).find(".table__column__secondary-link").eq(0).text();
          var owner = $(this).find(".table__column__secondary-link").eq(1).text();
            var elapsed = $(this).find(".table__column__secondary-link").eq(0).closest("p").find("span").text();
            var title = otitle;

c1 += '<li class="sidebar__navigation__itemz">  \
        <a class="sidebar__navigation__item__link" href="' + url + '" title="' + otitle.replace(/\"/g,"'") + '" >   \
        <i class="global__image-outer-wrap global__image-outer-wrap--avatar-small"> \
        <div class="global__image-inner-wrap" style="background-image:url(' + img + ');"></div></i> \
        </div>  \
        <div class="sidebar__navigation__item__underline">  \

<div class="sidebarnavigationitemtitle" style="max-width:270px;white-space: nowrap;overflow:hidden">' + title + '</div> \
<i class="fa fa-comment" style="color:white;text-shadow:0px 1px #AAB5C6, 0px -1px #AAB5C6, 1px 0px #AAB5C6, -1px 0px #AAB5C6"></i> ' + comments + '<br>\
<span style="float:right" class="sidebar
navigationitemname"></span> \
Last post: ' + elapsed + ' ago by <span class="sidebarnavigationitemname">' + owner + '</span> \
</div> \
</a> \
</li>';
});
$(".sidebar
navigation:last").after(' \
<h3 class="sidebarheading">Discussions</h3> \
<ul class="sidebar
navigation"> \
' + c1 + '\
<li class="sidebarnavigationitem"> \
<a class="sidebarnavigationitemlink" href="/discussions"> \
<div class="sidebar
navigationitemname">More discussions</div> \
<div class="sidebarnavigationitem__underline"></div> \
</a> \
</li> \
</ul> \
');
}

if ($(".homepage_heading:contains('Deals')").length && Number(GM_getValue("esg_discussions", 1))) {
    var c3 = "";
    $(".homepage_heading:contains('Deals')").parent().find(".table").find(".table__rows").find(".table__row-outer-wrap").each(function() {
            var img = $(this).find(".table_image_avatar").css('background-image');

img = img.replace('url(', '').replace(')', '').replace('"', '').replace('"', '');
            var otitle = $(this).find(".homepage_table_column_heading").text();
            var url = $(this).find(".homepage_table_column_heading").attr("href");
            var comments = $(this).find(".table__column__secondary-link").eq(0).text();
          var owner = $(this).find(".table__column__secondary-link").eq(1).text();
            var elapsed = $(this).find(".table__column__secondary-link").eq(0).closest("p").find("span").text();
            var title = otitle;

c3 += '<li class="sidebar__navigation__itemz">  \
        <a class="sidebar__navigation__item__link" href="' + url + '" title="' + otitle.replace(/\"/g,"'") + '" >   \
        <i class="global__image-outer-wrap global__image-outer-wrap--avatar-small"> \
        <div class="global__image-inner-wrap" style="background-image:url(' + img + ');"></div></i> \
        </div>  \
        <div class="sidebar__navigation__item__underline">  \

<div class="sidebarnavigationitemtitle" style="max-width:270px;white-space: nowrap;overflow:hidden">' + title + '</div> \
<i class="fa fa-comment" style="color:white;text-shadow:0px 1px #AAB5C6, 0px -1px #AAB5C6, 1px 0px #AAB5C6, -1px 0px #AAB5C6"></i> ' + comments + '<br>\
<span style="float:right" class="sidebar
navigationitemname"></span> \
Last post: ' + elapsed + ' ago by <span class="sidebarnavigationitemname">' + owner + '</span> \
</div> \
</a> \
</li>';
});
$(".sidebar
navigation:last").after(' \
<h3 class="sidebarheading">Deals</h3> \
<ul class="sidebar
navigation"> \
' + c3 + '\
<li class="sidebarnavigationitem"> \
<a class="sidebarnavigationitemlink" href="/discussions/deals"> \
<div class="sidebar
navigationitemname">More deals</div> \
<div class="sidebarnavigationitem__underline"></div> \
</a> \
</li> \
</ul> \
');
}

if ($(".homepage_heading:contains('Community Poll')").length) {
    var c2 = "";
    var total_votes = 0;
    $(".homepage_heading:contains('Community Poll')").parent().find(".poll")
        .find(".table__rows").find(".table__row-outer-wrap").each(function() {
            total_votes += Number($(this).attr("data-votes"));
        });

$(".homepage_heading:contains('Community Poll')").parent().find(".poll")
        .find(".table__rows").find(".table__row-outer-wrap").each(function() {
            var img = $(this).find(".global__image-inner-wrap").css('background-image');
          if(img)
            var title = $(this).find(".table__column__heading").text();
            var votes = Number($(this).attr("data-votes"));
            var id = $(this).attr("data-id");
            var url = $(this).find('a').attr('href');
            var form = $(this).find("form");
            $(form).find('.poll__vote-button').css("padding", 0).addClass('poll__vote-button-sidebar');
            form = $(form).html().replace("Voted", "").replace("Vote", "");
            var percent = Math.round(votes / (total_votes > 0 ? total_votes : 1) * 10000) / 100;
            c2 += '<li class="sidebar__navigation__itemz table__row-outer-wrap' + ($(this).hasClass("is-selected") ? ' is-selected' : ' not-selected') + '" data-id=' + $(this).attr("data-id") + ' data-votes=' + votes + '>   \
        <div class="sidebar__navigation__item__link" title="' + title + '"> \
        '+ (img ?'<i class="global__image-outer-wrap global__image-outer-wrap--game-small"> \
        <div class="global__image-inner-wrap" style="background-image:url(' + img + ');"></div></i>' : '')+'    \

<div class="sidebarnavigationitemunderline"> \
<div class="sidebar
navigationitemtitle" style="width:150px;white-space: nowrap;overflow:hidden"><a target="_blank" href="' + url + '">' + title + '</a></div> \
' + votes + ' votes <br>' + percent + '%</div> <form>' + form + '</form> \
</div></li>';
});
$(".sidebarnavigation:last").after(' \
<h3 class="sidebar
heading">Community Poll</h3> \
<ul class="sidebar__navigation"> \
' + c2 + '\
</ul> \
');
}

}
"

1 year ago*

Same. Otherwise great script, the only problem i had with it is bugged holiday events as it won't allow infinite scrolling for gift boxes. But it's only once a year so not a big deal. BTW what "giveaway marks" option does?

1 year ago

Yea. I just put holiday event into the list of exclusions.

1 year ago

Change every instance of .homepage_heading to .block_header and you will be good to go.

1 year ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 months ago.

1 year ago

Thx for help. I will try it soon, but I already see that it will work (from post below).

1 year ago

Fixed

1 year ago

Deleted

1 year ago

Not sure if it is only my case (or general for this script) but I have discussions also in individual GA pages. And it was absent up to recently.

Anyone has the same case?

1 year ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.