Bundles were better in the good old days?

View Results
Yes
Yes!
I'm new to bundles but if there's any truth to the stories I've heard - yes they were!
Indeed, and we had more snow too! And we had to walk to school! Barefooted! Uphill - both ways!
OK boomer!

would be cool if post cost of this bundle and a present bundle and games in it and cost so we can compare

3 years ago

Comment has been collapsed.

I can't show any old IG bundles, but how about this one also from June 2013...
Fanatical (Bundle Stars) for Superfly Indie bundle for $3.26:
Afterfall Insanity Extended Edition
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers
Cargo Commander
Disciples III: Renaissance
Dungeons: The Dark Lord
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise
The Journey Down: Chapter 1
Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space
Zeno Clash

3 years ago

I paid 4,74€ for the bundle and then 9,05€ for 8 more during happy hour.

Aside from the games listed here, the bundle also included:

• Pirates of Black Cove (which for some reason I can't create a giveaway for)
  • Desura keys for Chester, Survival Squad and 8 Bit Commando
  • DMR-free Creatuers: The Albion Years
3 years ago

We arguably have more bundles nowadays. We also have a stinking pile of games on steam that get bundled, and no greenlight to stem the flow somewhat.

3 years ago

I think I have this one...

3 years ago

Different time. I believe that people have gotten more used to buying games, especially indie ones, over time, so studios don't need to resort to bundles so soon just to get the exposure. IMO Humble Choice still offers amazing games for the price, Fanatical has a nice bundle from time to time as well. IG and Groupees probably don't have the name/contacts to reel bigger games into their bundles anymore.

3 years ago

Just checked my HB account and my first bundle was Humble Indie 2 from December 2010:

• Braid
  • Cortex Command
  • Machinarium
  • Osmos
  • Revenge of the Titans

Paid $7.64, finished Machinarium and Revenge of the Titans, tried but haven't finished Braid and Osmos. Haven't activated Cortex Command yet, wonder if it will work.

3 years ago

There were less bundles, but less games too.

3 years ago

Supreme Commander, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, The Guild 2, Red Faction: Armageddon, Neighbours From Hell Compilation, Painkiller: Hell & Damnation, ArcaniA, Darksiders II, and SpellForce 2: Faith in Destiny for $6.

3 years ago

If you open a ticket with support and include the sub id they can create the missing giveaway.

3 years ago

It was probably removed when the Gold edition was given away for free, to avoid mix-ups... I sent a ticket :)

3 years ago

IndieGala Jan 2012

• Zombie Shooter 1
  • inMomentum
  • Hacker Evolution:Duality
  • Saira
  • Your Doodles Are Bugged!
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Hacker Evolution

$1. Steam codes and DropBox links sent directly by e-mail.

Bundles used to be a lot cheaper with a minimum 1 cent for HIB and 1 dollar for other merchants, regardless of quantity and quality. But nowadays, BundleStarsFanatical and HumbleIndieBundle have bundles with multiple AAA GOTY for less than 5 dollars, so there's really no comparison.

3 years ago

Sometimes at night, I will wish that I hadn't missed those good old bundles ;)

3 years ago

interesting and well done, thanks a bunch, Gainja!

(also bump for that Pirates of Black Cove -removed from Steam-, really looks nice... grab it while you can!)

3 years ago

I don't think it's been removed, I can still buy it in the Steam store, and it shows in my games list.

I think maybe the Gold edition has been removed, but if it's just the DLC that makes it gold, then that's also still available in the store.

3 years ago

ok, i'm dumb... guess it's official, now. i've never noticed that "Store page"...
key i've activated (and gave away) was for Gold edition. This one shows as not owned, here, tho.

also, just noticed SG can create giveaways for DLC Origins, that still has Paradox as publisher... while base game only has Nitro Games as developer...

dumb and confused. as usual! :D

edit: ok, found the one i have: https://steamcommunity.com/app/254040

3 years ago

Haha, don't be so hard on yourself, there's not much logic to it! In fact, you discovered all the details so that should make you smart :)

3 years ago

Pirates of the Black cove is a nice game.

3 years ago

The early bundles weren't anything special. I think that the impression that there were good comes mainly because there was a lot less garbage on Steam then. Still, I'd say that in later years it became easier to get high profile games for cheap or for free.

3 years ago

I agree, there were less garbage on Steam, so the overall quality was higher.

3 years ago

A relic from the past :D

3 years ago

Bump

3 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.