January 2022 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 25h, 2022: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 1st 2022: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Mafia: Definitive Edition (gift link notification)
(under investigation)

Rebel Cops (gift link notification)

🔑 Full list of subs

Notes:

1. Mafia: Definitive Edition (WW) includes Mafia: Definitive Edition Soundtrack DLC (1 key activates both)
  2. Iron Harvest includes Iron Harvest - Iron Harvest 1920+ DLC (1 key activates both)

⚠️ Warning: Iron Harvest sub/588067/ was claimable for free in the past due to a glitch, but the package does not contain the 1920+ DLC, nor the full game content (only one of the three campaigns of the base game is available). Because of that, many of you will see it as owned, although you don't already own the actual package delivered in this bundle or the store sub (both of these having the same content).

🌟 NEW 2023-09-11: Mafia: Definitive Edition out of stock (source)

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Mafia: Definitive Edition 86% of 27337 - 🏆 6.00 CV app/1030840 W 0 $39.99
Iron Harvest 73% of 6374 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/826630 W 0 $19.99
Project Winter 86% of 12162 🏆 3.00 CV app/774861 W 1 $19.99
Rebel Cops 77% of 986 🏆 1.50 CV app/970960 W M L 0 $9.99
Rustler 82% of 582 - 🏆 3.75 CV app/844260 W 0 $24.99
The Henry Stickmin Collection 98% of 26003 - 🏆 2.25 CV app/1089980 W M 0 $14.99
Farmer's Dynasty 78% of 2408 🏆 4.50 CV app/678900 W 0 $29.99
Between the Stars 81% of 1319 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/727130 W 1 $29.99
Retrowave 96% of 5628 - 🏆 0.30 CV app/1239690 W 2 $1.99
Midnight Protocol 96% of 76 🏆 2.25 CV app/1162700 W M L 0 $14.99

Retail:

• $206.90

CV:

Humble Original / Extras:

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 12 10 12
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for the poll!

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is this bundle right up your alley, or are you hoping to find alternatives down the lane?

View Results
[I like the spotlight game(s)] I'm really happy seeing Mafia: Definitive Edition in this bundle.
[I like the depth] Honestly all 10 titles have something to them.
[Only with limited deal] At a promo price of $6 or even $2 I can't complain.
[Don't like genres] Some months, Humble seem to find all the good games I'd loathe to play.
[Too low value] This doesn't feel like a premium subscription offer – outside of Mafia it's almost the Otaku Bundle of Monthly/Choice.
[Too few hyped games] I don't see a stand-out game here. Boring!
[Poll complaint] I like the buy/pause/cancel poll style much more than being asked to rate the lineup.

quick question, in the OP the mafia europe sub says it cant be activated in RU/CIS, but on the steamdb page i can see only sea and latam restrictions. Am i'm missing something?

2 years ago

It was an oversight from my part, thank you for pointing this out to me. It can be activated in RU/CIS indeed.

2 years ago*

While I don't like the fact that there are "only" 10 choices, this Monthly is full of wishlist games for me, which don't happen often :)

A tad bit annoyed that I bought Mafia around black friday now, but I can always attempt to trade for it.

2 years ago

I am not super excited about this one, but a couple wishlists and a couple I didnt have, just the PVP one is a no.

pulled the trigger because I am a hoarder

2 years ago

Decent, but I'll hold out for a discount before I buy.

2 years ago

Henry Stickmin is on my WL and I've entered quite a few GAs for Between the Stars, so it doesn't seem like a total loss. But... eh.

2 years ago

3 Maybe.
7 No (2 Owned).
Even the ones that would be a Maybe, I'm looking them up a little bit, and I don't know that I'd enjoy them.
I don't even remember the last time I paused, but this is definitely one of them.
Looking back through Choices... I guess I paused for July and September, pretty similar ratios of Yes/Maybe/No. Though, for July it was more that I'd just bought the Yakuza Remastered Collection and The Surge 2.

2 years ago

I'd buy it for $6.

2 years ago

Henry Stickmin looks good, but not really interested in the rest. Will be pausing this month.

2 years ago

I already own Mafia Definitive sadly. It's still a great game nonetheless. The Henry Stickmin Collection and Between the Stars are also on the ol' wishlist. I'm likely to at least try Iron Harvest since it's in the bundle as well. The rest, ehh. Good gib material I suppose. Overall, it's not too bad a month in my opinion.

2 years ago

2$ game in Choice. Wtf Humble ???

2 years ago

They fell off

2 years ago

it looks like trash too. The trailer is just driving in a straight line as the speedometer increases, while everything else looks like it is moving the same speed (no sense of acceleration).

2 years ago

Bought it for Mafia: Definitive Edition for $6. It is $14.50 alone on my region and surprisingly, I still don't own the rest of the games yet.

2 years ago

As for Rebel Cops, im in Malaysia (SEA) and see this on HB:

Can only be activated in AM, AR, AZ, BO, BR, BS, BY, BZ, CL, CN, CO, CR, EC, GE, GF, GT, GY, HN, ID, IN, KG, KZ, MD, MX, MY, NI, PA, PE, PH, PY, RU, SR, SV, TH, TJ, TM, TR, TW, UA, UY, UZ, VE, VN

2 years ago

Does anyone know if there's any truth to this?

A buddy of mine told me he cancelled his HB subscription 3 times in a row, and apparently if he isn't offered $12 a month deal, he gets some sort of coupon for lower. Either way, he dodges ever having to pay $19.99 for any month by simply cancelling and resubbing for a default $12 a month. Can anyone confirm if this is true? And if so, what is the point of even pausing?

Also, shouldn't classic subs be afforded this benefit or is HB secretly trying to force classic subs to cancel their subscriptions?

2 years ago

I can't speak to the subscription deals/coupons, but pausing seems to be for those who bought annual plans and aren't interested in the current month's games (since buying a 1 month sub auto-activates the current month of Humble Choice).

2 years ago

Yeah, I know that, but I was wondering if HB counts cancelled subscriptions as "new" subscribers and probably this is how he's able to do this.

2 years ago

I dont think so. I have been cancelling for months and only got coupon by random. I assume your friend has multiple accounts that he can use to buy games at that price.

2 years ago

Have you been getting the default $12 a month for new subscribers?

2 years ago

Nope. There seems to be a promotion for everyone for $12 this month but i usually get the default price of $19.

EDIT: going to checkout page seems to ask me to pay for $19 too. Not sure if the text is bugged or i am not supposed to go through that to pay.

2 years ago*

Ah, so I think you're right. He has to have multiple accounts then. How the hell do you pull that off without HB banning you.

2 years ago

Why don't you just ask your buddy for the precise technique? :)

2 years ago

I asked him if he had multiple accounts, but, he said no, he just got "lucky". Not gonna accuse him of lying, but I'm not about to open up a bunch of accounts just for a coupon.

2 years ago

Wouldn't mind Mafia + Henry Stickman, but not enough to justify the price. After their December bundle I wasn't expecting much, but this is still disappointing. Probably going to cancel my classic membership soon instead of pausing every month =/

2 years ago

View attached image.
2 years ago

thanks i hate it

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

how long does it usually take for the full CV games to get reduced CV after a bundle like this one drops?

2 years ago

A few days, perhaps a week on average. However, when this happens, the CV will be retroactively recalculated from today so whether you create giveaways now or later, the end result is the same.

2 years ago

I guess the only way to please the SG babies is to offer multiple AAAs for $1....

2 years ago

There are a lot of possible bundles between what you're describing and the mediocre offerings Humble has been churning out for the past 12 months.
They should just admit that their model is not sustainable anymore and give it up. Instead they hook the bait with one decent AAA every few months (just for advertisement purposes) and fill the monthlies with second rate meme games, multiplayer-only games and rerebundles.
Most people here would have no problem with quality indies. This is not what we're getting here. I have been pausing for 6 months and I will pause once more.

2 years ago

Not sustainable? I doubt that. Whether you like the lineup or not, Humble Monthly is the best bundle on the market. You just won't find the type of quality games that appears in a monthly on any other site. Fanatical puts on great deals, but their triple A stuff is locked behind far more expensive bundles like those platinum/AAA build your owns. Your other option to getting AAAs on fanatical is mystery bundles, good luck with that.

2 years ago

It's not sustainable because AAA devs are just not interested in bundles anymore. They fear the grey market, for good reasons and they only will let their games be bundles way after anyone is interested.
The result is for the past 6 months, there has been no AAA in the monthlies. Maneater might be the closest we came to it but there definitely wasn't anything close to AAA in November, October, September (PGA TOUR 2K21 is a niche overpriced game but no AAA), or August. July has Surge 2 and Dirt 5 and I remember people making a big deal out of it, so I didn't even look at the rest of the year because it was pretty crappy as well.

And again, I don't need AAA. I'd be very happy with quality indies. But that's not what we're getting.

Regardless, it's also not sustainable because people are pausing more and more. How do I know that? If they keep adding more "ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO FUCKING PAUSE???" confirmation clicks, you'll be able to buy a house easier than you can pause your sub. And then you have discount offers for 6 months you can't pause; discount coupons if you change your mind about pausing, and now a questionnaire if you pause like "WHyyyyyyY YOU PAUSING, BRO?" so it seems to be a growing issue.

2 years ago

hahahaha that pausing thing is so true I can't stand it. I get where you're coming from too, but the only solution I can think of is basically put restrictions on keys that they expire in 6 months maybe? That will probably entice some AAAs. However, what's the point when Epic Games will just pay them to feature their games on their site for free, as now even Amazon is doing it, so I don't see an incentive for them to make a big return to bundles.

Still though, I do appreciate HB cuz most of the games you mentioned are still pretty damn expensive, and I'm grateful to get them at a cheap, never mind for $0.50 in that 6 for 6. I would love to see some statistics on subscriptions vs unsubscriptions. I know they're down, but I doubt they're down enough to really be too worried about it.

2 years ago

the only solution I can think of is basically put restrictions on keys that they expire in 6 months maybe?

That would be a great idea but you're right there's less and less motivation for them to go to Bundles

2 years ago

lol I think @nixxi , you didn't knew HB before IGN

2 years ago

My game count suggests otherwise.

2 years ago

so you don't see where is the problem with hb choice now??? you don't remeber old bundles largely better than 2021 an 2022 ones? lol if you have a lot of money to burn for trashes like those bundles, I can give you my paypal

2 years ago

There are nice games here, and then there is a sub-2€ driving game (in Early Access), and another Early Access title that they put into an instabuy-level good bundle. I don't think the bundle is terrible, but at the same time, it's like an 8-game bundle for anyone who bought the Choices Matter bundle, which IMO was maybe the best one of 2021.
After a year of 12 games, getting back to 10 games, where 2 sticks out like a sore thumb - it's not a pleasant start.

And then you can still check the remaining 8 games and not really be happy with what you see.
This is one of the months where the bundle does deserve criticism, IMO. It's definitely one of the weaker months, because the weak part of the bundle is really weak (EA; supercheap; repeat; or niche: farming sim, multiplayer only) . At least reviews are quite OK.

2 years ago

This will be one of my few ever pauses. I only want Mafia.
Shame ign bought out humble.

2 years ago

24th month paused in a row.... damn IGN, no more good bundles on this sites :/

2 years ago

wow i9 don't know what you want from them then?

2 years ago

I only want good bundles, like they did in the past before IGN

2 years ago

Got offered a $4 discount when I tried to pause. Well, I guess Mafia is worth $8.

2 years ago

lol 8 bucks for a 10 hrs game lenght at 100 % , i prefer pass personaly

2 years ago

You don't go to cinemas very often, do you?

2 years ago

A game is a game, a movie is a movie. Comparing apples with pears.

2 years ago*

effectively I don't go to cinema because I think it's too expensive for nothing.

2 years ago

I'm confused.. it says bundled 0 so why do I own Iron Harvest already? doesn't seem like something i'd randomly buy

2 years ago

because once free on steam directly maybe, on itad : historical price : steam 0.00 https://isthereanydeal.com/game/ironharvest/info/

2 years ago

There was a price glitch where just the game without any campaigns was free, you might've picked it up then.

2 years ago

Check the OP, there's an explanation there under "⚠️ Warning".

2 years ago

hello so usa mafia is region free? thanks

2 years ago

At least they have good headliner this month (Mafia), unlike last few months
though I'm not familiar with the rest

2 years ago

Mafia DE has been in my wishlist for a while so $6 is an absolute steal for me

2 years ago