January 2022 Humble Choice

View this bundle on: ITAD - Barter.vg

📅 Important dates

• 💳 January 25h, 2022: AUTOCHARGE DATE (for subscribers only)

• 📆 February 1st 2022: Next Choice Bundle release date (first Tuesday of every month)

⚠️ Region lock ⚠️

Mafia: Definitive Edition (gift link notification)
(under investigation)

Rebel Cops (gift link notification)

🔑 Full list of subs

Notes:

1. Mafia: Definitive Edition (WW) includes Mafia: Definitive Edition Soundtrack DLC (1 key activates both)
  2. Iron Harvest includes Iron Harvest - Iron Harvest 1920+ DLC (1 key activates both)

⚠️ Warning: Iron Harvest sub/588067/ was claimable for free in the past due to a glitch, but the package does not contain the 1920+ DLC, nor the full game content (only one of the three campaigns of the base game is available). Because of that, many of you will see it as owned, although you don't already own the actual package delivered in this bundle or the store sub (both of these having the same content).

🌟 NEW 2023-09-11: Mafia: Definitive Edition out of stock (source)

🎮 Games:

Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Mafia: Definitive Edition 86% of 27337 - 🏆 6.00 CV app/1030840 W 0 $39.99
Iron Harvest 73% of 6374 - 🏆 3.00 CV app/826630 W 0 $19.99
Project Winter 86% of 12162 🏆 3.00 CV app/774861 W 1 $19.99
Rebel Cops 77% of 986 🏆 1.50 CV app/970960 W M L 0 $9.99
Rustler 82% of 582 - 🏆 3.75 CV app/844260 W 0 $24.99
The Henry Stickmin Collection 98% of 26003 - 🏆 2.25 CV app/1089980 W M 0 $14.99
Farmer's Dynasty 78% of 2408 🏆 4.50 CV app/678900 W 0 $29.99
Between the Stars 81% of 1319 - 🏆 4.50 CV app/727130 W 1 $29.99
Retrowave 96% of 5628 - 🏆 0.30 CV app/1239690 W 2 $1.99
Midnight Protocol 96% of 76 🏆 2.25 CV app/1162700 W M L 0 $14.99

Retail:

• $206.90

CV:

Humble Original / Extras:

💸 Subscription + Bonuses

Lite Basic Premium Classic
Per month $4.99 $14.99 $19.99 -
Per year $44.99 $134.99 $179.99 $132.00
Games to keep 0 3 9 12 10 12
Choice No Yes Yes Yes
Humble Trove Yes Yes Yes Yes
Humble Store discount 10% 10% 20% 20%
Originals Limited Unlimited Unlimited Unlimited

USD regions: In some regions of USA, a sale tax is applied (example).
Non-USD regions: regional pricing is a fixed amount for each region set by Humble. More info here.

📝 Note about referrals

SteamGifts by default modifies all Fanatical.com, HumbleBundle.com, GamersGate.com links from all threads, adding the SteamGifts referral code. Whenever a user click or shares a link to one of the sites listed above, SteamGifts will earn a commission.
By using these reflinks, SteamGifts will receive $10 for new subscribers, 5% of Humble Store sales, 15% for bundles via the Humble Partner Program.
If you prefer, you can disable referral links from your settings panel.

📖 Informative links

Humble Choice FAQ
Official HB FAQ
Master thread of ongoing bundles!

🐰 Thanks to luckz for the poll!

2 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Is this bundle right up your alley, or are you hoping to find alternatives down the lane?

View Results
[I like the spotlight game(s)] I'm really happy seeing Mafia: Definitive Edition in this bundle.
[I like the depth] Honestly all 10 titles have something to them.
[Only with limited deal] At a promo price of $6 or even $2 I can't complain.
[Don't like genres] Some months, Humble seem to find all the good games I'd loathe to play.
[Too low value] This doesn't feel like a premium subscription offer – outside of Mafia it's almost the Otaku Bundle of Monthly/Choice.
[Too few hyped games] I don't see a stand-out game here. Boring!
[Poll complaint] I like the buy/pause/cancel poll style much more than being asked to rate the lineup.

wow i think this has maybe one game i might keep (henry) and a two dollar asset flip game in a premium bundle is just wow

2 years ago

what's the benefit of the classic plan at this point?

2 years ago

Almost no benefits (12$ comparing to local currency price - sometimes price in local currency is a way cheaper). As someone said here - HB wants to get rid of Classic subscribers.
One of the benefits for me is ~8$/month annual subscription (I've bought annual Basic subscription as a gift and gift it to myself, none of the current plans can allow that).

2 years ago

So you mean if you add a basic sub on top of classic, you definitely just get classic month tokens, rather than being converted to a crap plan at the end of your pre-paid classic/premium?

2 years ago

Yes, you are correct. As I said - classic subscribers can redeem gifts of Basic or Premium subscriptions (last year I redeemed 99$/year Premium plan, but last month I redeemed annual Basic plan - the price was almost 85$/year).

2 years ago

You pay 48$/year less than for Premium.

2 years ago

If i wouldn't had the 6$ offer on choice i would not get it , but with the 6$ offer i'll get it at least for Mafia

2 years ago

Mafia is definitely worth it.

2 years ago

I wasted my 6$ coupon for October-December, where was literally nothing interesting. Now there are two games I'd like to try, but not for 20$...

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 1 year ago.

2 years ago

They always give out coupons, all the time. They gave me 2 months for 6$ for this December and January.

Took the December, not sure about this January, if you want I can get the bundle for you, but then again it is the Internet and it's really hard to trust randoms...

but yeah just wait for a coupon via e-mail.

2 years ago

As other have stated wait for the new coupons that are likely coming. They usually give them out second-week tuesday, and again last week tuesday.

2 years ago

I have got the $99 yearly plan, I can I still pause a month? In the pause menu I got the impression that I'll just lose a month and I'll be billed at December next year once again instead of it being moved forward to January

2 years ago

You can pause and just move the end date forwards.

2 years ago

unless its stated in the promo that you cant pause. I dont think so because that was the amount i paid when i 1st sub to humble about 2-3yrs ago.

2 years ago

Thanks @Ekaros @Cruse!

2 years ago

Only (some) time limited promos are nuked by pausing.
If you pre-paid for a year, you essentially have month tokens to use any time you want. Can pause until you're happy.
Downside: only when it's time to pay for a year again can coupons from pausing do anything for you.

2 years ago

Patiently waiting for 6$ offer on my mail.

2 years ago

8$ for Mafia and Iron Harvest seems ok.

2 years ago

Anyone else have the situation of an inventory coupon 6$ for 3 month coupon set to expire before March Bundle, but also have an ongoing 3x6 promo covering Feb? Was wondering if the coupon will disappear if I pause...

2 years ago

The coupon stays in your inventory whilst it's active. Pausing means you lose it.

2 years ago

They purposely send me a coupon I can't use to mess with me eh? Thanks for confirming.

Had this happen before, 10+ back and forth with support later, they "reissued" me a coupon but i never understood if it was a bug or what, now i see.

2 years ago

You misunderstood, they did not send you a new coupon.
When you are on a promo (e.g. your 3x $6), that coupon stays in your inventory whilst it's active (so that the system knows you are on a promo plan).

2 years ago

Heya thanks for the reply! To confirm: that coupon stays in my inventory but with a different expiry date than the original one? o.o

2 years ago

Yes, the original coupon will have a "use before" date, and when activated, the date will be changed and mean "active until" (though it does not say that).
Can you show a screenshot?

2 years ago

You are right, I noticed the Terms and Conditions said the coupon expires Jan 4 :) I was only going by the red text saying the coupon was "valid until march". Thanks alot for the clarification!

2 years ago

Happy to help! :)

2 years ago

Ive just cancelled the classic subscription (there were no coupons ever for me), maybe i will pay more from now on - but only for good games, no filler (that you can't even trade for). 'Curation', my arse.....

2 years ago*

judging by the comments, you will more likely pay less from now on...
like $6 a month probably...

2 years ago

Looking at the page for iron harvest 1920+, what's added for the extra 10 bucks?, same text that's on the base game steam page, nothing extra

2 years ago

Campaigns, AFAIK

2 years ago

My understanding: 1920+ is the base game
What do you mean with extra 10 bucks?

2 years ago

Base game :
https://store.steampowered.com/app/826630/Iron_Harvest/

1920+
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1628070/Iron_Harvest__Iron_Harvest_1920/

But now that i see the none sale prices, i see its simply the season pass

2 years ago

I think this is a nice bundle but compared to the last few months it's very top heavy. If you don't care about Mafia I it's hard to justify the purchase unless you are on a steep discount.

2 years ago

Paused already

2 years ago

Does anyone know if former Classic subscribers can join again for $12 ? Or do I have to wait for HB to send me an offer ?

2 years ago

I think, once you're out, you're out. Gotta wait for one of those offers.

2 years ago

No, once you leave the classic plan, you can't rejoin at the classic plan price.

2 years ago

They stopped offering normal game bundles? There are just some stupid fishing simulators...

2 years ago

I think that is, because there was the Steam Winter Sale. Next week they will have game bundles again.

2 years ago

I activated a Mafia Definitive Edition from a user who bought in INDIA and it showed as Mafia WW.

2 years ago

Nice to know

2 years ago

India is a weird case this time, apparently some people from India received 2 keys for Mafia Definitive Edition. Unknown whether those were separate keys for base and DLC, or just 2 different keys (maybe one global, one region locked?) for the Definitive Edition.
https://www.reddit.com/r/humblebundles/comments/rw3jaa/is_this_only_me_or_do_you_guys_have_got_two_keys/

2 years ago

User told me he got 2 Mafia Definitive Edition. One activated in his account and one activated by me. So 2 full games.

2 years ago

I'm from India. I got one key, not two as reddit post is showing.
Screenshot

2 years ago

I recently activated a Mafia: Definitive Edition key from INDIA and it showed as Mafia: Definitive Edition (Asia)
Proof: https://imgur.com/a/EJOBQbI
So the key is region locked to Asia

2 years ago

So question foks please.

Can I gift link Mafia to a friend in the India region? Or would he have to buy the bundle?

2 years ago

It depends on where you buy it from.
India should be able to activate a key bought in Europe / Middle East / USA / Africa etc.
India shouldn't be able to activate a key bought in LATAM, RU/CIS and some countries from Asia.

2 years ago

I'm ROW usually. Island of Barbados, in the Caribbean.

2 years ago

Then it should be redeemable worldwide. Also, BB is not in the countries list from the gift link notification, and that's another indication that you get a WW key.

2 years ago*

Thanks. I asked Humble too, but the rep seemed to think it wouldn't be a redeemable gift link ><

2 years ago

Their representative probably looks only at the gift link notification (which is misleading in a lot of cases) and doesn't correlate with the actual possible region locks that the set of packages for a game has.

2 years ago

I recently activated a Mafia: Definitive Edition key from INDIA and it showed as Mafia: Definitive Edition (Asia)
Proof: https://imgur.com/a/EJOBQbI
So the key is region locked to Asia

2 years ago

the only two games worth it in this bundle are both region-locked sadly.

2 years ago

Still waiting for a $6 or $8 coupon

2 years ago

Sweeet bundle for once

2 years ago

So if a European friend give me a Mafia key, I can activate it if I am in the US?

2 years ago

no - i trade to trade with some one in the Americas (i don't know if they where in usa or not) and it didn't work

2 years ago

Nope, I bought the bundle/subscription with my EU PayPal account years ago, and cannot redeem the Mafia key (I get the EU keys from them for my bundles) on my Canadian Steam account. HB support, which used to be great a few years ago, will not swap out the key for me... one more reason to turn my back on them once the subscription runs out.

2 years ago

I got it purely for Henry Stickmin.

2 years ago

not sure to understand how region lock works sorry
a US customer can give his key to a EU steam account ? or not?

2 years ago

this should be possible (speaking of the Mafia key?) but vice versa is not.

2 years ago*

yes i speak for mafia
thanks for your answer :)

2 years ago

Humble Choice is leveling up next month!

One simple membership, one great price
To start, we’re simplifying how Choice membership works. Beginning February 1, we’ll be offering just one plan that gets you ALL of the games we’ve picked out for the month for only $11.99 USD (regional pricing may vary). No more limiting which games you want from the bunch—every month, every game is yours to own forever.

So it goes back to what it was before.

2 years ago

Well, you'll lose discount if you pause, so in that way worse.

Also Humble's own launcher coming, they might sometimes give keys for that instead of Steam.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

No, they're changing the way the discount works. You now have to build it up by staying subbed.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411127626139#pause_skip

What store discount percent will I receive when these changes take place?

All active members of Humble Choice will receive up to a 20% discount on the Humble Store when the changes go live on February 1st. All new members will receive up to a 10% discount on the Humble Store, with a growing discount rate based on consecutive months unlocked, as seen below:
Consecutive Months Discount %
1 - 2 10%
3 - 5 15%
6 - 11 17%
12+ 20%

The stacking discount will reset back to 10% when skipping a month or canceling your Humble Choice membership.

2 years ago

So no reason to ever use their store anymore... Good work.

2 years ago

Exactly my thoughts.

2 years ago

They are so dumb lmao

2 years ago

https://blog.humblebundle.com/2022/01/11/humble-choice-is-leveling-up/. According to this they are changing the whole humble bundle.

2 years ago

I guess that will mean fewer Humble Store purchases for me then. A 10% discount will mean that most games without special regional prices will be cheaper on Steam, and the ones with regional pricing will be cheaper from stores who charge US prices in USD (IG, GMG, etc.).

Luckily I used up the last of my Humble Store credit during the holiday sales, but I also skipped a couple of games that I would like to have bought with the 20% off.

2 years ago

Unlike bundle market the game stores really don't suffer from lack of competition. So that 20% that might have made them cheapest really isn't worth of year of middling bundles seeing the latest offerings.

2 years ago

Yeah, and I expect that it wouldn't even need to be a year worth of bundles for most people. With my purchase habits, just one bad bundle would cost more than I typically save in a year by buying from the Humble Store with the 20% Choice discount (vs buying elsewhere).

2 years ago*

For some of us (in countries with weak currencies), there'll be no downside to pausing. Even with a 20% discount on HB it will nearly always be cheaper on Steam for me. Have never seen a price that can beat Steam and so have only ever bought bundles from them.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

Makes it easier to cancel at least…

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

I see my one month left on classic and then cancel it. They get what they wanted.

2 years ago

+1

I don't bought the $99/year offer around christmas and done the next step a few days ago, when i wrote them very direct, after i paused my last month [the first time pause since i subbed years ago...].

View attached image.
2 years ago

They've really cooked their own goose trying to maximise the price point for different subscribers. I'd also be pissed if I'd bought a year locked at $12 whilst others get it for $6. At the same time, there are quite a few of us that have only paid $6 (on and off) for the last year, and have grown accustomed to that price. So not only have they pissed off those paying $12, but those used to paying $6 will be battling to justify paying $12 for potentially less titles.

I think they tried to get too clever and are now trying to reboot the mess they've made.

2 years ago

Also that I can see on their site new sub discount at least in December 2020... While somehow they were trying to charge full price from those with the "Premium"... It was stupid mess all together...

2 years ago

It's almost as if they don't know we discuss these things on reddit, here or other forums :D
But yes, they really have not been good loyal customers - was always going to end in a disaster.
Still not sure why they ever tried to "fix" the original HB monthly - it wasn't broken.
An old cliché now, but it was predicted many times that things would not go smoothly after IGN got involved.

2 years ago

I think the mystery part was stupid, even in retrospect. But they really should have done it with two tier model. Lite and Full Price. Or even just forget the lite. Just Full price everyone and reveal the games up front.

2 years ago

I actually didn't mind the mystery side of it - I don't remember ever regretting a bundle after buying blind - and they would usually reveal one or two titles before closure - but the FOMO was real :)

2 years ago

It doesn't. Monthly was always a surprise, you didn't know what you signed up for until the games were revealed. Now its a mix of a classic bundle and a game subscription. As someone who won't be using the subscription part, I'm not keen to pay for it.

Also as a Humble Choice Classic member, I lost the obligation to stay subscribed to keep my tier.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

I can't agree with that. $12 is not the same as the full $20 for Premium that classics just paid less for. Ultimately this means less games/content for the same $12 I've been paying for all this time.

2 years ago

Deleted

2 years ago

This'll make people happy. Not: "Humble Choice provides a curated selection of hand-picked games that are yours to keep forever, redeemable via a key for a variety of platforms when available (Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc.)"

FAQ: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/4411127626139

Also, looks like everyone on the Classic plan who uses euros is going to have to cancel and resub, because it's going to €9,99, except for anyone on classic, who is staying in USD. (The difference is that it's €0,54 a month more in USD.) Best to wait to see if there's enough of a backlash and things change, but keep it in mind.

2 years ago*

tbh, it's really good idea to sacrifice classic at this point. I did so way back and due to $6/$8 coupons (5€/6€), I have been actually paying less per bundle (but keeping more bundles, so paid more).

2 years ago

Yea, I don't think they can even get away with the "etc." part and say: we mentioned etc. so that concludes our own launcher" since you can't keep them forever once you canceled.
Plus most launchers provide keys for free anyways, so no worry about that anytime soon.

EDIT
After some reading, it's pretty much the humble bundle game pass. It's just announced (and named) very poorly
¯\(ツ)/¯ meh, not interested in installing other launchers other than steam anyways

What tilt me is the new launcher again, we have so much it's ridiculous.
Steam
Epic Games Store
Battle.net
MS store
UPlay
Bethesda.Net
GoG Galaxy
Amazon Games App
Origin
Rockstar Games Launcher
itch.io
And now Humble App. JUST GREAT.

2 years ago*

I'm guessing with the reduced cost they will also reduce the amount of games they offer, perhaps even the quality. There must be some caveat to this. No way monthlies and weeklies will cost the same without some sort of cut back.

Overall, classic subscribers get totally screwed unless they adjust their subscription plan.

2 years ago

It seems half of the last year a few people were paying the new price. So they just got rid of it and went to back to old price.

2 years ago

Wait. So humble bundle used to cost this price before!!? Why did they hike the price so high in the first place? And did older monthlies carry as many games as they do now?

2 years ago

Classic before choice costed 12$. Then they changed it to choice, with usual fanfare and everything...

And then it seems they have been running the 12$ price point for at least a year if not more for new subscribers. So only people possibly paying 20$ was the "Premium" subs who ordered after classic. And didn't cancel or make multiple accounts...

Add to this number of discounts seen nearly every month... Yeah, it was stupid.

And then you had the 5$ "Lite" for basically the trove and in between price for current subs for only few of the games...

2 years ago

And did older monthlies carry as many games as they do now?

No. If you look at old Humble Monthly threads, those bundles had between 6 and 8 games (sometimes 9 titles, but that was rare) for $12.

2 years ago

People tend to forget that while glorifying the "pre-IGN" era. And I think we tend to be nitpicky, there's been like 5? 6? years of Monthly/Choice, it's really easy to remember a few super good deals. It's also important how much the scene changed, a lot fewer developers are willing to bundle their game, or even just have such a deep discount in stores as they used to.

2 years ago

Yes, 100% yes to what you've said.

And if people would actually look at the content of the monthly bundles (even pre-IGN ones), I think they would realize that the quality wasn't that much better back then. I mean, let's check the very first Monthly offering (2015, can you believe that!?)... Saints Row is only the base game (sadly, you couldn't blame IGN for that yet), SanctuaryRPG had already been bundled previously (albeit not the black edition) and I do remember getting the non-black version from a Groupees bundle. I'm not saying it's a bad bundle... just that... is it really so much better than what we've been getting in, I dunno, let's say the past two years? Some months were good and some, not so much... just like it is nowadays I would say. It seems that nostalgia comes with pink-colored glasses. ;)

2 years ago*

Ah, so the only difference between weeklies and monthlies now or the lack of tiers and the fact that monthlies last longer. At least they're more affordable now.

2 years ago

2 years ago

The only thing that worries me and I hope not, is that with their new application they do not start giving keys for HB application. Or that their games as tem tem be released there and not for steam keys. Also, Humble choice supposedly raised the bar, so raising the bar doesn't sound very hopeful.

2 years ago

Looks like classic members will just get less games for more money. That's... not encouraging.

2 years ago

It will cost the same, $12 is the lowest non-coupon price for Choice that includes monthly games.

2 years ago

Still losing 10% from discount while the price is the same and I used that discount from time to time. Unless the game quality/count improves, this will be a downgrade for me.

2 years ago

Yes, but no fixed amount of games, makes it out to sound like it'll be a worse deal, no?

2 years ago

I was solely commenting on the "for more money" part of your comment.

2 years ago

If the quality of the games becomes better it's not an issue for me. If I redeem 6 of the 12 keys they provide each month, I consider it a good monthly. I always have at least half the games unredeemed, so for me this aspect won't change much IF the games they put in the bundle are of higher quality than what they are now. Honestly, the past year and a half was bad and I even considered stopping my sub after it expires (in Feb next year), so basically this is a new chance, which I hope HB does not fuck up.

2 years ago

The quality won't improve, I don't think. It has been going downhill for years now.

If 6 games was interesting for me each month, I'd be happy with it as well, but honestly we're talking maybe 1 or two games I want to play, and 0 or 2 I might check out at some point.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

The Humble Games Collection will debut in February with these acclaimed titles from Humble Games, with more games added monthly:

Forager
Wizard of Legend
Dodgeball Academia
Unsighted
Void Bastards

Unsighted is lovely, but I'd rather see it in a Choice. Quite thin selection as a starting service.

As a month to month classic subscriber who basically never used Humble Store to buy games: no changes for me, it's still up for the current selection to decide if I buy or not.

2 years ago

i hope all these "extra games" are not because they have less value in the Steam games

2 years ago

They can also return to the old name: Humble Monthly 😂

So didn't accept the half price deal to not lose elders benefit, next month they change the system so that deal seems the only good one now...

2 years ago*

This is a nope from me. You need to use an app now to get access to the games that were in the trove. I am tired of every company wanting to install something on your computer just to download games.

2 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 2 years ago.

2 years ago

"Humble Choice levels up in February!
We heard your feedback. Choice will be more simple, focusing on games that give you the most bang for your buck."

Pff.... booring. waiting for nothing

2 years ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.