5 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

5 years ago

yeah, who wouldn't want a Vouis Luitton or a Cucci bag?

5 years ago

So many opportunities, so little time.

View attached image.
5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

bought few 15-20$things with preorder-price + gonna grab 2-3 cables for my phones xD Nothing more

5 years ago

Who are interested in this flood(

5 years ago

ah, u. So sad that even after blacklisting people like u could spam my inbox here on forum. You changed nickname? lol.

5 years ago

i got a raspi, need it to make a project for the school...

5 years ago

Are there any advantages to buy it from aliexpress and not the authorized distributor? The price looks the same to me. Or is aliexpress the distributor for your region?

5 years ago

Well, i got a pack with rasp + case + ac/dc + 16gb sd + 2 heat pipes for like 42€, while on one of the cheapest sites in spain just the pi are 36€

5 years ago

So it's like you get the case and power supply for free, I see. Thanks for the reply!

5 years ago

i got a case for mine with a fan and 2 heat sinks

5 years ago

accepting ideas of what to do with it, im thinking on some kind of NAS but i think i should add something more to the project :p

5 years ago

im gonna use it to send commands to 3 motors to rise/lower my blinds via bluetooth or something

5 years ago

Well, here's what I'm going to use mine for. I'll get a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ to use it just for building a monitoring and control system as part of my Smart Home project in connection with a Sonoff bridge and my already existing professional alarm system.

I'm also thinking of integrating a 13.56 MHz Mifare compatible Dahua reader, an Arduino Uno, an ESP8266, a microwave proximity sensor and a camera with an IR Cut Filter and a remote controllable motor with backup power supply to implement a secure access control mechanism for my front door.

By using a hackproof in-house proprietary software and a custom version of a smart ring I'll hopefully get rid of having to carry around my keys without exposing myself to all the buggy and backdoor filled already existing solutions that are pretty hackable.

I already have complete remote control over my appliances and live feed video of my property. A few more steps and I'll have everything at my little finger from anywhere in the world :).

5 years ago

That's impressive and disturbing at the same time :D

5 years ago

It's a project I'm planning to work on in my already scarce spare time. I expect to have some fun implementing it :D.

You said disturbing; which part exactly? :)

5 years ago

It's a bit hard to explain. You already briefly addressed security concerns regarding hacking in your post so that wasn't the vaguely disturbing part for me.

It's just to me personally having technology involved (I'm trying to avoid the word controlling) so many aspects of my home doesn't seem very appealing. For example video surveilance for the whole premises has a bit of a Bond villian vibe to me :D

I guess I should also point out that I live in a flat on a higher floor so my security needs are obviously different than when you're living in a house with garden. In my area and my flat I suppose I just need a sturdy door and a good lock and I'm pretty much set. Also beside wanting to program my HDD-recorder remotely maybe once a year I can't really imagine a situation where I'd want or need remote control over my appliances.

I do however understand that with our aging demographic, particulary in the west, smart homes are the future at least as soon as we manage to make them so intuitive even old people can understand and use them.

5 years ago*

Fair point. However, I find it quite useful to be able to monitor and control things like heating, cooling, humidity, lighting, power consumption, structural integrity, various sensors and appliances and so on, as well as the overall security of the property.

To give you an example of how useful such a system really is, three years ago, during the night, someone triggered my security mechanism while I was 300 km away from home. I instantly got a notification and I remotely turned on the lights and the TV and turned the TV volume all the way up (Home Alone style :)), while monitoring the live feed on my phone. Rather than sound the alarm, thus suggesting there was nobody home, I decided to use scare tactics and it worked. The intruder got scared and ran away.

Another example is that I found my car hit and the culprit driver ran away. By checking the security footage I was able to identify the license plate, the exact car model and the person that was driving the car that hit mine. This way, not only that I was able to identify the culprit but due to the available evidence he also got fined and had to provide his insurance details to cover the entire cost of the repair.

A third example is that I often control the air temperature and humidity to reach optimum comfort levels before getting home, which is pretty neat.

Having options is always better than not being able to do anything.

5 years ago

That's quite impressive. Hats off to you!

5 years ago

Thanks.

5 years ago

wow!

5 years ago

too nerdy 4 me

5 years ago

I've been waiting for this, gonna see if I can find some goodies. I'm really tempted to buy some clothes because a lot of them look awesome at affordable prices (albeit some of them only look good on the store page pictures and are actually pretty bad when you get them, but thanks to AliExpress's customer review system where we're allowed to upload pictures of the product those kind of products can be easily avoided). But I'm so worried that I'll order the wrong size and waste my money.

5 years ago

I've generally been happy with clothes I bought on Ali.
Just make sure to double-check the measurement chart and measure your own clothes to be sure.

5 years ago

Looked through bunch of things but... if I order a cheap drone, customs will tear me a new one (the law allows them to set customs tax based on retail price they find online, they don't care for discounts at all) and well... I dunno... things under $10 I can get any day.

5 years ago

Now everything from Viber to Facebook is shoving drone ads in my face. Thanks AliExpress.

5 years ago

It's more thanks to Google AdSense ;)

5 years ago

Just a reminder for people in the EU, to import products from China that are over a certain amount of money (depends on your customs office) you have to fill out tax forms and pay extra tax on them. Usually, the tax-free price is extremely low (under 15-25€)

5 years ago*

most sellers mark the price under 45 anyways lol. i bought 6 copy samsung phones and they put 35 ukp lol

5 years ago

Yeah, but when they decide to look up the retail price (which they are allowed to do), they'll make you prove that you actually got it for that price. And since you can't prove it, you'll be fined.

Not to mention, 45€ is probably the highest price in the EU thanks to you being in a rich country. Even mildly rich countries have the maximum tax-free prices as 20€ or so.

5 years ago

They go through E-Packet so they not subject to customs as under a certain weight. they go through usual security for drugs or money etc but they arrive within 4 days from china. never had any problems. and rich countrys does not mean rich residents unfortunately.

5 years ago

I agree with the last sentence for sure. I just mean that the buying power is obviously better. You might be poor in your country, but you'd be rich somewhere else.
Like, compare the minimum wage of Norway to the minimum wage of Romania. You'd be rich there because the country isn't rich.

But yeah, the customs can check your packages randomly and you'd probably be fined. My stuff's been randomly checked before, even when it came from Germany. Just because you haven't been unlucky yet, doesn't mean it won't happen. Just be careful.

5 years ago

too bad they don't accept Paypal

5 years ago

I was turned off by that at first too, but after reading more about them and the owner company Alibaba I was reassured that they're trustworthy so I just use my debit card. When you pay for an item AE gets your money and they give it to the seller only after you mark the item as received, otherwise you can ask for a refund.

5 years ago

Yeah just read about it too

5 years ago

too bad they don't accept headpats

View attached image.
5 years ago

+1

5 years ago

View attached image.
5 years ago

They don't? I got mail from paypal that if I will pay with paypal on aliexpress during promo I will get additional discount.

View attached image.
5 years ago

just tried it now and it doesn't give me any paypal option maybe it depend on the country

5 years ago

Some sellers on there actually accept paypal but many do not.

5 years ago

Alipay is a direct competitor to Paypal.

5 years ago

I've bought quite a bit of camera gear and other stuff from Ali in the past, and I wasn't disappointed. I mean not the actual cameras or lenses, but various accessories like tripods and stabilisers, chargers, etc. Saved quite a lot of money that way. However I would stay away from cheap cables, that stuff broke for me.

5 years ago

I did not see there big discounts ((

5 years ago

i also buying in:
BangGood
and
Gearbest

you need to check on all sites !!

yes Aliexpress is the bigger and you can use paypal now...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

5 years ago

how to use Paypal just tried it now and it doesn't give me any option to choose paypal

5 years ago

Ram prices in there are really good.

5 years ago

But also 99% likely fake sooo... Don't buy computer stuff from Aliexpress.

5 years ago

I disagree. I bought some ram there myself and they work just fine. Not only that, but they cost about 30% of my local stores' ones. Just pick a seller with a lot of reviews and products with a lot of orders and you should be fine.

5 years ago

Ordered cheap ram there a week ago, the seller was kind enough to warn me tha they only worked on am3+ old motherboards...

5 years ago

That sucks. What kind of ram was it?

5 years ago

"Killsre" 1333MHz 4-8Gb, they do have a warning lower in the product page, but I wasn't paying too much attention. Good thing I saw their message before they shipped it, and cancelled it.

5 years ago

Two years ago I somehow "discovered" AE and would order several things each month. My mailman was so mad. My no.1 tip is to spend hours researching. I found great deals + decent quality stuff (mostly clothes), but I only opted for reputable stores and items with lots of reviews.

5 years ago

time to buy some 18650 cells, some tweezers, pliers, reed switches, glue gun sticks

5 years ago

reported to the FBI

5 years ago

i couldn't find 18650 cells with free shipping and i won't pay more for shipping than for cells

5 years ago

lmao

5 years ago

I got a new case for my phone for 1$ and a fast charging cable

5 years ago

I bought loads there in the past, some bad experiences but most of them were well worth it.
Just read the reviews well and click through at the bottom to see the same product from different sellers
I do need to keep payments per item under €20/24 so it doesn't get slammed with huge tarrifs at customs.

some things I can recommend (since you can't go wrong with them, prices might have changed since I bought them...)

5 years ago

Hmm, I do need some individually addressable LED strips for a project...

5 years ago

Making something like this?
I want to do this one for ages...

5 years ago

Nope! Think more...amazing technicolor dreamcoat... :P

5 years ago

View attached image.
View attached image.
5 years ago

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago*

The prices are mostly the same as before the sale.

5 years ago

This

5 years ago

like black friday in brazil:
pay the half of the double.

5 years ago

Hmm, I didn't find anything interesting I couldn't get cheaper or for the same price from a local store which is a bit weird. Some items were even three times more expensive that the local offers so be careful when buying and check your local offers first.

5 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 11 months ago.

5 years ago

Shady site that doesn't let you use paypal...I will have to pass even though there are some stuff I'd like to get.

5 years ago

AliExpress shady site? Can't be further from the truth.

5 years ago

Shady? o.O It is the planet's sixth largest company in terms of market value, barely smaller in value or in amount of goods shipped than amazon.

5 years ago

PayPal is supported. It depends on the seller accepting it or not, though.

The site is not shady, but many sellers are. It's a marketplace like Amazon or eBay. Many Chinese brands have official pages on aliexpress, selling real and legit items, but most of the other cheap stuff on there is generic or counterfeit.

View attached image.
5 years ago

I've been looking the catalogue and all I see is smoke and mirrors as far for the "sale".

5 years ago

For sure there a lot of pumped-up prices, just to be cut for the sale (Like a $78 watch that is listed for 220 cut to 19 :D), but I keep a lot of stuff on my wishlist there and majority of them have 40%+ discount and the regular 1% off when confirm the purchase thru the app.
They will get my yearly ~$50 for nicks knacks.

5 years ago

ie. usually they put standard price of 220, normal cut is 45% and for sale is 47% :P
what was making difference was the coupons :P

5 years ago

For sure the coupons makes a difference. There was a daily lottery through the app, where I won 5% additional discount and from the website I got 3% for putting something in my basket before the sale starts :D

5 years ago

got custom hoodie, original price was 13$, got coupon for coins for 4$ and coupon from allieexpress for another 4$, so got it for about 5$ :P

5 years ago

And just like that I spent $50 on stationary and figurines.

5 years ago

most figurines looks cheap
Edit: found one that looked good at 30usd

5 years ago

spent about 200€ this time hahahhaha

5 years ago

on how many products?
cheap and many?

5 years ago

yeah many, the most expensive where 18 euros but just two, the others where all less than 4 XD

5 years ago

yeah, they pile up fast

5 years ago

yep, luckily , part of the items ar for my work, so will earn using them

5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago by Deleted-1721061.