Released since 2009, it's the one that they just keep changing the year on it each year, but i believe last year it was just called Train Simulator Classic but now they added 2024 to it again.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/24010/Train_Simulator_Classic_2024/

1 week ago

Comment has been collapsed.

And they added a subscription option for about 11€ per moth - no, just no.

1 week ago

Ouch, haven't seen that, 120 euro per year still.

1 week ago

At least you can still buy the DLC you want. That's what I did/do. It is way more cheaper.

1 week ago

Well indiegala seems to be doing more pixel puzzle ultimate DLC, and humble sometimes do train simulators, but i think this simulator had it's last DLC bundle a long time ago? I seem to have gotten 4 dlc in may 2023, don't know from where.
They could do a weekly bundle for 2 years and still not run out. :p

1 week ago

I sometimes buy TS DLC separately, but only if they are on sale and I only want them from my country. Sure, if there's a good bundle, I don't say no to "foreign" DLC.

1 week ago

It's also a shame that the most (or only) countries they focus on are germany, uk and america as far as i know (i thought i seen a dutch one somewhere but maybe i was wrong).
It would be nice to say oh today i want to see italy or the netherlands or finland, but i believe you can use mods.
We got this railway program on tv, where they go with a train through every country, and how you can see how landscapes are so different, the weather, the train itself, i can imagine if you played a few german ones you seen them all.
Not that i played any train sim game yet, but it's certainly on my to do list eventually.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 seem to do focus on more countries.

Oh and some people just have a complete game OCD, and want all DLC if they can, and i guess for some real hobbyist that really want it all 2000 is nothing and they actually do sell, because else i don't think they would keep making 700 of them, but then again maybe not again if they introduced this subscription model.
If they don't sell well, they are better off selling them through Humble with a discount then nothing at all, but that's my view.

1 week ago

That's truly a shame, but I think, these are the countries with the most players. Yes, there is workshop support - and that's something I like, but I agree, that Dovetail should broaden their country selection.

ETS 2 focusses on whole Europe; adds map extensions from time to time, so that you can travel from Portugal to the Russia nonstop. Or from England to Greece.

I know this OCD too good. :) Luckily it hasn't got me with Train Simulator - I'd be bankrupt in seconds.^^

1 week ago

Not to mention that subscription is for ONLY "selection of curated DLCs" :D
Just in case you thought they allow you to play all of these when subscribed...

1 week ago

• Classic

Choose one.

1 week ago

Dovetail Games:

View attached image.
1 week ago

It's a remake of Train Simulator Classic in 2024. Not a remake just the same game thanks WaxWorm! I was confused too. Especially because the classic steam store seems to redirect (or is the same as) the Classic 2024 one or there isn't a "Classic" one but it's a remake of the original made 15 years ago. Idk it's very confusing.

1 week ago*

Not a remake. Just a new label on the old one after dropping an update. If everyone did that, most games would have a 2024 in their name by now.

1 week ago

Oh that makes much more sense. Thank you. Google was making it sound like a remake so it was confusing.

1 week ago

Choo choon't

(I hope at least the fans appreciate it, it's not a game for us common folk)

1 week ago

Sign in through Steam to add a comment.