So, I will buy a new cpu and I dont know which is better for gaming and render.

If you know how to create a poll say it please.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

if your going to be gaming and rendering get the 8350

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

+lim(1/x), x→0−

1 decade ago

Congrats! You win.

1 decade ago

http://youtu.be/eu8Sekdb-IE

Everything you need to know

1 decade ago

Quite unexpected.

1 decade ago

The i5 shows a bit better performance in real time applications but the 8350 beats it in raw benchmarks because most consumer software especially when it comes to games today is still coded to use only 1 or 2 cores,the other cores get used very little. Once more programs and games start making full use of multi-threading like benchmarking software can the 8350 will eat up the i5. But that isn't in the present of course, I like being future proof but everyone is different.

1 decade ago

2.5k i prefer

1 decade ago

If going applications / graphic processing, then the AMD FX...

The i5 for gaming performance with an Ivy Bridge motherboard, I would however suggest the non-k version (unless your overclocking and going Sandy Bridge). You could get the i5 2600 or better, a good graphic card such as the GTX580, GTX660TI or better, then you have yourself a 2nd or 3rd generation gaming pc (60-80% performance increase over first generation)!

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

For rendering and multithread app AMD FX 8350, for gaming a good vga ;)
AMD FX-8350 and Intel i5 2500k comparison

1 decade ago

Why are you comparing a new AMD processor with an old intel? compare FX8350 to 3570k
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/701?vs=697
out of 35 test FX8350 won 15

1 decade ago

Because that's what the OP is asking about. Besides, the Ivy Bridge 3570k was merely a tick, in Intel's tick/tock releases. 3570k only has 5-7% IPC increase from a 2500k so the difference isn't that huge.

1 decade ago

I don't know what kind of rendering are you after, but giving these two choices, i'd go straight for the I5, if you want to do some heavy rendering (or you're planning to use it more for rendering than gaming, and want to go for some fast times), then go for the 8350, or something a bit beefier on the AMDFX line, or just go straight for the I7 series.

1 decade ago

intel if you want a renderer

1 decade ago

Get a 3570K instead.

1 decade ago

Both will do well, i5 will do better in gaming.

Not sure how much an advantage the AMD would be in rendering.

1 decade ago

Do you have a graphics card, if so which one?

If the answer is no, then the FX-8350 would be the better choice. If you plan on buying a GPU, then the i5 2500k would be the better choice.

EDIT: Damn, too many people beat me to posting, chances are you won't get correct information now. :(

1 decade ago

Sorry if this sounds undermining of your knowledge; you do know that most motherboards only support Intel or AMD, and very few support both? I just want to make sure, as you did not make any mention of a motherboard. I'm assuming you know this though.

1 decade ago

My answer to you is this.
It depends on the price. Rendering and gaming currently are mostly dependent on your GPU. (Unless you are doing software rendering.)
So get a Good GPU.

1 decade ago

AMD's high end FX processors are rubbish, the low end FX-4100 is okay for the price. First, most of the new games only fully utilize 3 cores, except GTA IV and Borderlands 2 to a lesser extent. Second the FX processors are not energy efficient. Third Intel i5 is better in games, the FX bottlenecks in Metro and Skyrim.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-core-i7-3770k-gaming-bottleneck,3407-3.html

However in the future, about the year 2020 games will fully utilize 8 core and FX may be better. Also Playstation 4 and Xbox 720 is rumored to have 8 core AMD cpus so console port games may become better optimized for AMD.

http://kotaku.com/5977849/the-playstation-4-has-a-new-controller-fancy-user-accounts-and-impressive-specs-so-far

1 decade ago

I think FX8350 is better.

1 decade ago

intel

1 decade ago

i5 2500k ofc.

1 decade ago

why would u want a 2500k instead of 3570k ?

1 decade ago

i5 2500k,but still why don't you go for 3rd generation i5?

1 decade ago

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Leorin13.