Okay I HAVE read through all the website stuff (FAQ ect.) but I cannot figure out the answer to this. Okay so I entered and won a givaway for Thief Gold then gave it to my friend. Now because it is in my account the website allows me to enter in drawings for it. But I do not know if it against the website rules to. So am I allowed to enter in these giveaways? (If there is not enough information please ask me to give more.)

EDIT: Three people have told me I broke the rules. I get it. But what happens to me now?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

"Can I enter a giveaway for a friend?

You should only enter to win giveaways for yourself, and if you win a game, it must be activated and redeemed to the Steam account used during registration. If a friend is interesting in joining giveaways, they'll need to register for their own account."

From the FAQ.

9 years ago

Well crap... I missed that :L does that mean I get suspension or something? I did break the rules...

9 years ago

You will be suspended for a short period of time, next offense will get you suspended for a longer period.

You can still buy Thief Gold and activate it yourself to avoid being suspended. If the game is on your account you'll be off the hook.

9 years ago

I don't have money unfortunately but I did break the rules and will take my punishment

9 years ago

Thats awesome. At least you're ready to face the consequenses and aren't whinig about not knowing how it worked.

9 years ago

Whitelist for that! Not sure if i ever saw such a high grade of honesty here before!
Hope everything will went to be ok in the end for you :)

9 years ago

+1

9 years ago

You already broke the rules. From guidelines: "Won gifts should be activated to the Steam account used during registration, and they should not be regifted, traded, or sold."

9 years ago

Can I enter a giveaway for a friend?

• You should only enter to win giveaways for yourself, and if you win a game, it must be activated and redeemed to the Steam account used during registration. If a friend is interesting in joining giveaways, they'll need to register for their own account.

and taken from the Roles:

Not activating won gift : 5 day suspension

Are you sure you read ALL the guidelines in the FAQ?

9 years ago

Yes, yes you are, given how you broke the rules already.

9 years ago

Don't be a douchebag, he said he wanted to take the punishment AND he came up with this topic instead of being quiet about it.

9 years ago

Regardless, punishment is due. Rules clearly dictate that one should not regift won games. I see no reason in letting this go just because he admitted to regifting a game. I'm not trying to be a douchebag, it's just an objective point of view, he read the rules - yet he broke them, though I can see how it can be interpreted as an assault on someone.

9 years ago

"Yes, yes you are" That's why we interpreted this as an assault x) He also said that he missed that rule somehow, and he tries to be honest and admits his fault. Of course the punishment should be applied even though he admitted his mistake, the rules are the rules.

9 years ago

I see that now. I'll try less to speak my mind when people ask if their actions make them an idiot from now on.

9 years ago

He's not being a douchebag, he just replied to OP's question. And besides, I have to side with him on this one, I can't stand when people who brake the rules get away with it and also get more free stuff. No, I'm not saying I hate OP or any of the nice guys wich helped him, but the situation just makes me mad.

9 years ago

Oh come on. He put that in the title because he felt bad about what he did ... Replying to that "question" is just taking adventage of it to call him names u_u And he did not want to get away with it, he asked for reports and punishments himself.

9 years ago

I have little regard for my fellow human, but when someone admits to doing wrong, I am willing to forgive and move on. I am also happy to see someone step up to the plate and cover for him. That makes me have a smile. It feels good, even though I was not the one that did good for him. And for that I thank Fyantastic for being a stand up guy.

9 years ago

He deserves to be covered. You don't see honest people everyday x)

9 years ago

I tried too ;_;

9 years ago

Please, be less toxic.

9 years ago

Not my intention. I'm just being objective about this, I'm fairly sure that rules state how regifting is punishable.

9 years ago

Good job owning up to it. That is the first step to dealing with the issue.

9 years ago

You made a mistake, and I hope things turn out fine for you. If I had a spare copy of Thief Gold, I'd give it to you. Sorry about what happened.

You may be able to get a reduced sentence if you report yourself and confess to your violation. It's doubtful, but nevertheless possible. Otherwise, you could just wait for the staff to suspend you (assuming they catch you).

9 years ago

Could you tell me how to report myself?

9 years ago

My only guess would be to manually submit a ticket to Support. You could also try and contact a mod in SteamGifts chat, though this may not be the best idea.

9 years ago

"You cannot report yourself"... Would you mind reporting me and telling them I asked you to? Because apparently I cannot turn myself in...

9 years ago

That's strange. Well, sure I will and I'll be sure to link both this thread and comment chain.

9 years ago

Thank You very much.

9 years ago

Here is the report I submitted.

EDIT: Also, for what it's worth, I've whitelisted you for your honesty.

View attached image.
9 years ago

Time will tell what happens.

9 years ago

I cancelled the ticket, since someone wanted to rectify the situation for you. Hope you don't mind.

9 years ago

It looks like the truth has set me free. Three people attempted to give me the game. And I think a few more whitelisted me. Thank you for reporting me.

9 years ago

Sure thing! At least some of the community, myself included, values honesty and respects a willingness to admit one's wrongdoings because it's the right thing to do.

You are probably unfamiliar with how giveaway sites work, since the rule you violated is common among all of them, but over time you should be proficient in knowing what is and is not allowed. If at any point you are doubtful, feel free to ask the community (if you can't find the answer in the FAQ & Rules or in previous threads), or personally send me a friend request and message; I'll be glad to help you anytime.

I'm just glad you were considerate and conscientious enough to read the FAQ & Rules! Most don't and break the rules without any heed, or ask question easily answerable with a quick search. For what it's worth, I believe you're a great addition to this site.

9 years ago

Honesty is valued, at least for me. I'm a half trader myself and I regard honesty above all.

9 years ago

Wow, a true gentleman, this guy.

9 years ago

If only I would have one extra copy of the game, I would give it to you only because of this topic. Someone admitting a mistake like a honest man, not a sight we get here too often.

9 years ago

Good job owning up to it. I don't think I've seen that before actually. Accept my friend request on Steam :)

9 years ago

If you plan on giving him the game, should I cancel the report I submitted (at his behest)?

9 years ago

Yeah go ahead and cancel it. Steam just went down so it might be a minute

9 years ago

No! I want to do it!

9 years ago

Alright.

9 years ago

What happens to you now? Suspension, once the mods see this.

9 years ago

Added you, I have an extra thief gold for you :D

9 years ago

I beat you to it Venhiem! :P

9 years ago

I added him before you, but he's not accepted yet ;_;

9 years ago

I winnnn!!!

9 years ago

Noooooooooooooo

View attached image.
9 years ago

Such regret :3

I'm moved, really, no sarcasm

9 years ago

Surprised of the high grade of honesty in the topic but even more of the nice reaction of the comunity here! In the last days everyone was almost willing to kill eachother, if someone did something wrong here and started a discussion about that. Glad to see that there is no reason to loose the hope and i can continue to believe in humanity in this world :)

9 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised as well. Perhaps this community isn't completely a toxic hellhole.

9 years ago

i'm not byuing it ..it's fluke or a calm before the storm..a big $#/+storm

9 years ago

Nooooo! I saw this topic too late!

9 years ago

Fyantastic beat us ;_;

9 years ago

There are ninjas everywhere, even while helping others :D

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

9 years ago

Cheers to honesty..

View attached image.
9 years ago

Nathan really should get his shit together and hit the gym.

9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

Picking clothes that fit properly instead of the horrible oversized stuff that's apparently all the rage in the US would be enough.

9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

This thread deserves more love! Ninjas attack!

Race Injection Steam Key: KA0FK-0XYCF-IQVCZ

RACE: The WTCC Game + Caterham Expansion Steam Key: QEWI9-QGDRE-3Y9Y5

EDIT: Some more love with bundle leftovers!

The Darkness II:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=HprTfRx3zxZ4YZcd

Bioshock:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=sEGfn7Fv45vB2wwc

Mafia II:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=4bbstSkEHGxmNZuV

Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=Syw3U4MRZDdrFpPm

Gotham City Impostors: Professional Kit:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=SRKhvxWPtvDNzvez

Batman™: Arkham Origins DLC:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=uZvNvc4R2AFZsbFU

The Lord of the Rings Online: Steely Dawn Starter Pack:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=C5HYN4Vm3m5WR5mp

Ninjas say thank you!

9 years ago*

Thank You <3 I take RACE: The WTCC Game + Caterham Expansion :3

9 years ago

Okay now apparently some people can be honest. What about thanking people who gave you something for FREEEE?

9 years ago

View attached image.
9 years ago

Silent, sneaky ninjas. They're everywhere.

View attached image.
9 years ago

(Ungrateful) Silent, Sneaky Ninjas. Together we must change SG to a place of honestly and thankfulness... (First attempt at including a gif so I hope it works!)

View attached image.
9 years ago

9 years ago

That is genius....

9 years ago

Whitelisted. :)

9 years ago

Thanks!