Hi all!

In June I traded for the "All-in Costume Pack DLC" for Super Street Fighter with a russian trader. It had no region lock or whatsoever at that timepoint. However, I unfortunately forgot to activate it until now and now this gift is called "SSFIV:AE All-in Costume Pack (compatible w/USFIV)" AND has the red warning that this game can only be activated in russia etc :/ And in fact I cannot activate it (I'm in germany). Now, I am not sure if I should talk to steam support about this. I clearly bought it before any region lock, but also from my trading history it is pretty clear that I buy a lot of games via russian traders.

Anyone ever discussed something like this with steam support? Should I ask them or better not have them look in detail on my steam account?

9 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

that's why i always activate stuff immediately, sadly i don't think u can do anything about this

9 years ago

next time activate gifts the moment you get them support just will tell your better luck next time. locked games are not cant be unlocked

9 years ago

I usually do. Somehow missed this. Damn... Found a thread in the steam forums with someone with a similar issue and the support just replied that they cannot unlock the region restrictions.

9 years ago

I find this funny, they can retroactively lock gifts, but cannot(dont want to) unlock.

9 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 4 years ago.

9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago by Kedyn.