Not much of a serious political debate, but a bundle ga hidden in pic ... will add more later probably.
Still, feel free to share your thoughts and or election fun pics - just don't expect any reasonable replies '. :-D
' since its politics not rocket science

Although it appears to be a Mission-Impossible without a "crash", i'd be actually worried
Trump will win and make America great again - in old fashioned Ronald-Reagan-Style.

info: Who Is Running for President?
info: Presidential Poll Tracker

View attached image.
View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Who da new prez be in 2k16? (left out some without a snowballs chance in hell)

View Results
Rep - Trump
Rep - Cruz
Rep - Carson
Rep - Rubio
Rep - Bush
Demo - Clinton
Demo - Sanders
Demo - O'Malley

Madonna for president! I voted for Trump.

View attached image.
8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

Disturbing xD

8 years ago

ahahahh

8 years ago

Independent President!

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Would've thought so too, that she'd have better chances due to the "recent" success of women in politics ...
kinda changed my OP since Germany/Merkel being wringed out like a wet towel - but that's only speculation
and just some "minor" exterior factor that might or might not flow into Hillarys votes.

8 years ago

Because we haven't finished the wall....

YET.

8 years ago

Hillary will either be criminally indicted or will have a stroke before then.

8 years ago

as a Russian, I got something to say: "Feel the Bern!" ))

8 years ago

América is a continent...

8 years ago

Not for Americans.

8 years ago

I hate those lazy USA people for hating hard working Americans. Have they ever done manual labour.

8 years ago

I consider myself an American citizen and America remains a continent

8 years ago

I was making a joke, but even though America is a continent in some countries, it is an accepted nickname for the USA. I don't wanna go on about this, but their name is United States Of America and their demonym is American, you know.

8 years ago

it's not like the rest of the americas really count, do they?

8 years ago

Count for what?

8 years ago

Yeah who cares about us? ;_;

8 years ago

Poe's law

8 years ago

If you were a better student you could've been born in the US! ;)

8 years ago

No it;s not, it's TWO continents, get your facts straight!

8 years ago

Facts don't matter right now, this is an election after all!

8 years ago

Fiorina 2016

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

It's only elections... Why you heff to be mad?

8 years ago

Not mad, just sick.

8 years ago

Voted for Trump as well... not because i want him to be (That would be a whole different question) But because i think he's going to make it...

View attached image.
8 years ago

Same, heck knows he might sling all sorts of "silly" campaigns and in the end he uses those only for (pr) to become prez in the first place, next thing he does - not give a f* about building a fence, but actually use his power/money/influence "do something real beneficial" ...

8 years ago

something beneficial for himself....

8 years ago

yeah might as well be right ... if i were to vote i'd pick someone who's less likely
to be threatened (puppet), interested or have it necessary to linen his own pockets

8 years ago

Why... Perceived power is achieved power. If people stop thinking he'll win, chances are, he won't.

8 years ago

well put

8 years ago

I really do not understand you, you are blessed to have a real choice... you got a fcking great smart and experienced candidate Sanders and you wanna say most of you will vote for stupid buffoon? In my country we got no choice, literally ... every candidate is a puppet of a Putin, so your choice is kinda insulting to me. I feel sorry for republican voters... their candidates are one big joke this time, I thought after Bush you've done with idiots in such powerful position.

8 years ago

You're right, you really don't understand ^^ Not only am i not american, so i'm not voting on this but this thread is not on the topic of who we want to be the president but who we believe it will be... According to polls Trump is one of the top candidates. Not my choice or the choice of any openminded person but the odds have him as one of the top candidates

8 years ago

+1. Well, I'm not Russian. I'm American (yes, that's the proper term for a citizen of the USA, not an assumption that we're the only people on the continent). But I too was hoping (still have hope) that Americans will wake the eff up and stop even entertaining the notion that the old, incompetent, asshole of an orange duck, Trump has any chance whatsoever in a national election. Yes, he's got 30% percent of the republican vote now, but there's no chance in hell anyone with a brain will actually vote for him in the general. If he somehow manages to keep up this grand farce and secure the republican nomination, every living Dem/Ind will turn out to vote against him, and with any luck, so will a bunch of republicans. I mean seriously, New England and California will fucking secede from the Nation, taking all their money, schools, and sanity with them if DonnieDouchebag were to be elected.

8 years ago

The only good things that are coming out of these presidentials are the dank memes.

8 years ago

Well, I can't vote for president, but in this forum I voted Clinton.

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

8 years ago

Really? Then wait till I make a sports topic and you'll see how unfriendly can a community become. xD

8 years ago

Did that. Nothing much happened... Look it up

8 years ago

How is that even possible? :O Most sports discussions contain swearing and death threats. Actually, not most, but all of them. xD Ok, then steamgifts is really a friendly community. :O

8 years ago

No, politics is a good discussion for a friendly community, but bad for repressed community where everyone is fake most of the time and inside not friendly at all.

8 years ago

+1

8 years ago

"friendly"

8 years ago

Do i detect a hint of sarcasm?
It should be a shitload

8 years ago

can someone please tell me the difference between democrats and republicans? is there any other politic sides?
I always was interested on that but not enough to search more about it...

8 years ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 3 years ago.

8 years ago

Democrats are more liberal while Republicans are more conservative

8 years ago

it changes over time, but for a long time, democrats were in favor of more social programs and republicans in favor of lower taxes.

Democrats tend to be more socially accepting/progressive (abortion, gay marriage) and Republicans more conservative (gun rights).

Democrats promote themselves toward urban areas, republicans to rural areas

8 years ago

Oddly enough, if you look pre-Civil War era the roles or agendas of the parties were pretty much flip-flopped.

8 years ago

True. Even post-civil war the dixie democrats were very much in favor of segregation/jim crow, and it was the republican party that was more in favor of civil rights and equality.

This really started changing with the advent of the second world war, when blacks were given equal pay and equal benefits in the army (albeit in segregated units).

8 years ago

Can i have a, "It's hard to care" option?

8 years ago

Sorry but you can not ... you might not care about their new prez, but the the influence of the USA is undisputable.

8 years ago

I'm american

8 years ago

Well'p then i'm out of ammo (arguments).

8 years ago

When are the American elections and who has the most chances to become the president?

8 years ago

November. As for who has the best chance, Trump, Cruz, Rubio, Clinton and Sanders.

8 years ago

Thank you for the information. I've only heard about Trump and Clinton. They all suck, I suppose. :B Almost every politician sucks, with only a few exceptions.

8 years ago

Sanders is the exception in this case, unless you're a fan of the system that's been in place for years, in which case he'd be considered more of novelty act.

8 years ago

I don't even know him, but I hope you can get a good president there. I still believe though that hardly any good politicans exist. :P

8 years ago

I'm in total agreement with you. Crooks, the whole lot of them!
except Sanders ;)

8 years ago

No option for "I'm not American and don't give a shit about it"?

8 years ago

No, you can't escape the US politics on the Internet! >:( It's a law or something. Make up your mind! Hurry! Who doesn't vote, votes for Trump.

8 years ago

Lol, don't even know who trump is, so I don't care. Let him win, it won't affect me (at least not a lot).

8 years ago

Consider yourself lucky, then, my friend. I'm from Europe as well and all I see these days (for like 6 months, really) is Trump Trump Trump. And I start to feel dumb dumb dumb.

So, naturally, I voted for him. :3

8 years ago

Well, I don't keep up with the new and don't watch tv. I didn't even know about the american elections until two weeks ago...

8 years ago

Oh, I wouldn't be so sure. You remember those few stupid USA Banks that went bankrupt? And how suddenly everywhere companies started to bankrupt, people started to earn less money and all that fun.
Whole world economy has few legs, one of them is USA. And President is one of toes, bad toe will make whole leg cramp. :P

8 years ago

Well, around here I didn't notice much from it (although I was 13 or so when it happened). And I realize that it could affect me, but if it would, it would have happened eventually anyway. If that crisis you mentioned didn't happen then, it would have happened at another time.

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

mwahaha nice one :-D

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago*

I want that one!

8 years ago

I like the casting cost-- clever. :)

8 years ago

dank!

8 years ago

Im not American, But vote for me the silly monkey.

8 years ago

8 years ago

Awww... was hoping for an actual article =( While this has some facts and the general point is right, it's not that well written and turns into some sort of ramble

8 years ago

some good quotes and interesting read - kinda reminded me of this:
<view pic here>

btw. thought this one is a fun/interesting read+video as well.:
http://pumpkinperson.com/2015/07/22/estimating-the-iq-of-donald-trump/

View attached image.
8 years ago

No one gives a damn about presidential elections in the united states of alabama (or something like that :P)

8 years ago

At this rate, it might actually be Bloomberg.

he's put some feelers out, and I'm pretty sure that if Trump wins the republican nomination and Sanders wins the democrat nomination, he's gonna run as an independent. And he might actually win.

Otherwise, it'll probably be hillary

8 years ago

Thanks and bump :) From an outsider's perspective, I don't think Trump has chances to become president of the USA. He might beat his rivals in the primaries, but that probably means a defeat in the presidential elections. At least it is sure that he's not getting any votes from hispanos and probably not from blacks either.

8 years ago

this is correct

8 years ago

A group of black Republicans endorsed Donald Trump on Friday, saying the Republican front-runner is the best candidate to "free black communities" from Democrats.

8 years ago

black republicans and log cabin republicans are two groups of people I'll never understand

8 years ago

It was the Republicans that did end slavery, and many see Democrats of really doing nothing but to keep minorities repressed.

8 years ago

No one thought Hitler would rise to power either, amazingly stupid things happen when the public is scared and looking for someone to blame.

8 years ago

Though you have a point there, the situation of Germany in the 30s was WAY different from that of America nowadays. Actually, to the best of my knowledge and despite all Trump's negativism, Obama has left the country in better conditions than it was when he took up the presidency. One clear sign of that is unemployment rate, which has been steadily decreasing under Obama administration in contrast with the steep rise occurred during Bush's years. Plus, the economy has been growing fast, in contrast with that of most developed countries, which have fared much worse in the same period.

America is not on the brink of disaster, but probably better than years ago. When someone's message relies on a imminent catastrophe that simply does not exist, it loses all credibility.

8 years ago

The unemplyment numbers are a false hood. Those numbers only consider people actively recieving unemployment benefits, and do not account for those whose claims have expired and for those who have just left the workforce without claiming. As for the economy have you been paying attention? Were literally inches away from total economic collapse, if the price on oil drops further, really any further but lets say under 20$ a barrel, or definitely at 15$ a barrel, we will enter a new great depression. Difference being during the first one, the average american could, hunt, trap, fish, garden, can etc.... this generation can factory reset an iphone though, so I'm sure they'll have no problems surviving.

8 years ago

Assuming that this bias in unemployment rate exists, it should remain constant over the years - that is, there is no reason why the number of people with expired claims should be greater now than in the past. I am not denying the possibility that data are not accurate, but in view of the large difference between current rates and those from the start of Obama era, I find it difficult to believe that somehow bias has now become as large as to introduce a 6% error. Besides, there are also available reports on job creation, which all clearly indicate that a sizeable number of jobs has been created during the last years.

Regarding oil price, America is not a Middle Eastern country whose economy entirely relies on exporting oil to the rest of the world. Actually, there are some sectors in American economy that definitely benefit from a low price/barrel. At any rate, that is not a situation which can last for very long, since -sooner or later- oil production is going to decrease and prices will inevitable go up.

EDIT: Even if the American economy was in such a great danger, the country is still miles away from pre-WWII Germany. Back then, they had double digit inflation (hence the famous images of piles of paper money lying on the streets) and Germans felt strongly humiliated by France & UK, which had defeated them in the WWI and asphyxiated the country with war reparations debt.

8 years ago*

Its called the petrodollar for a reason, our currency is a fiat currency, backed on nothing. While you have some valid points, I'm going to have to just agree to disagree with you.

8 years ago

http://useconomy.about.com/od/suppl1/f/real_unemployment_rate.htm

In December 2015, the real unemployment rate (U-6) was 9.9%, nearly double the widely-reported unemployment rate (U-3) of 5.0%

8 years ago

Thanks for the link, it makes an interesting read. :) Note that it proves your point (official figures under-report unemployment), but also mine: the divergence between these figures and the real real remains roughly constant over the years. Thus, at first glance we can observe some sort of correlation between both: when one rises, so does the other. More importantly, regarding what we are discussing here, real unemployment has indeed decreased drastically during Obama's term, after peaking in 2010. True, real numbers are higher than they were during the first half of the last decade, but the country seems to be on the right track.

Also, please note that the article reports that the unemployment rate was 25% during the Great Depression. At current 12%, America is very, very far from that.

As for the petrodollar thing, well, you have a point there. I am just saying that the American economy is diversified enough to go through an oil crisis, probably now more than ever given its supremacy in a wide array of technological fields that rely little on oil to survive. Anyhow, let's agree to disagree. ;)

8 years ago

Your exchange reminded me that during Oculus price announcement people also linked article that was titled something like "most USA households are $500 unexpected bill from bankruptcy".

8 years ago

Thats quite a true statement. I personally support a family of 5 on a job that pays 10.50$ an hour. I have about 30$ leeway in my monthly budget after utitliies, rent, food, etc. An illness, or accident, and I could literally lose everything I have. I have horrible teeth, like it looks like I'm a meth addict, but I will never be able to afford to have them fixed in my current financial situation, and whether or not it should, it impacts me from securing better employment, because I look like a meth addict.

8 years ago

Sucks to be you that you can't get a job that pays more.
Which is also why I support a higher minimum wage

in my opinion, minimum wage should be sufficient for someone working a 40 hour week to not be below the poverty line

8 years ago

I am really sorry to hear that, man. One of the things I like about living in the EU is that such things rarely happen - you may lose your job, but you are generally well covered. Plus, the price of medicinal products is way lower than in the US, thus making health costs much lower. And that would be easily solvable there, just by letting the government interfere in the negotiation of drug prices.

Of course, we have many other issues, including a stagnant economy and an alarming lack of entrepreneurship - most big European companies are decades if not centuries old, contrasting with the blooming technological sector in the US. Still, you know that even if you lose everything, you don't have to worry much about your health and that of your relatives (that partially depends on the country, though).

That being said, I wish you the best of lucks in the future. I understand it can be particularly frustrating to hear others say that economy is improving or "not that bad" when one's situation is precarious at best. I hope you manage to find that better employment you deserve.

8 years ago

Sponge Bob

8 years ago

From France, Hope I will not see Trump as a president... Worse than Holland .... I think you will enjoy the four years with him x))))
Maybe Trump and our "good" LePen will work together .....

I love the world.... x)

PS : In France, Clinton is quite well seing, Trump.... Eh.... Less haha

8 years ago

View attached image.
8 years ago

Vote for : Deez Nutz

8 years ago

Hear! Hear!

8 years ago

View attached image.
View attached image.
8 years ago

That American Flag gif is amazing. Thank you.

8 years ago

Closed 8 years ago by DominusFerrus.