26,451 Members @SteamGifts.com, When will the invitation registration end?

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Until there's further notice

1 decade ago

When people stop farming points. Which won't happen.

1 decade ago

Not until every Steam user and their bot gift farming accounts are here.

1 decade ago

Never, why would we close it? We want the site to grow. The more members we have the more our ad space is worth and the more likely we will have sponsored giveaways. Everyone has got to stop thinking negative about the site growth.

1 decade ago

yes but we need more people that make gifts not to enter it will be very hard to win a giveawey if every new member its just entering gifts.

1 decade ago

site growth is fine...to an extent. Right now when you enter into many of the drawings, they break 1000 entries each, making everyone's odds of actually winning 0.1%.....yes, someone will still end up getting the game, however you end up with 999 frustrated people for every 1 winner. As for sponsored giveaways, it's nice in theory until we have to start jumping into 4 steam groups for one giveaway (already happening)

1 decade ago

You must not have been around while the invitations were closed. The site became stagnant for a while and barely any giveaways were being made. You can't expect the same group of people to continually create giveaways out of the kindness of their hearts. In order for there to be a steady stream of giveaways you need a steady stream of new members.

1 decade ago

actually I was around then, just not particularly active on the forums...yes the giveaways did kinda die off, however placing some sort of happy medium on the site limit would probably be a good idea before it gets too darned huge and all the sudden your odds of winning any given drawing decrease to 1/20000......I'm sure no one here wants to enter an average of 20k game drawings before winning one...

1 decade ago

I'm not sure why you thought my post was directed toward you. Perhaps you did not realize there is a 'reply' function. I was talking to the OP.

Anyway... You will see more and more entries regardless. You can't have new giveaways without new members. My advice is to deal with it. It is a chance for a free game. You don't NEED good odds.

1 decade ago

I would actually say to stop the invites until the site can better manage the traffic but that's it. Site is nearly unuseable recently.

1 decade ago

That has happened before and cg always fixes it.

1 decade ago

I know. I'm saying, disable it until it is fixed even if it's only for a couple days. It's been going on for quite a while now, and ever increasing streams of traffic can't be helping in finding the solution.

1 decade ago

He knows what he is doing.

1 decade ago

THe forums need more cowbell

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by PandaMan.