I am looking for some good multiplayer/lan/co-op games to play with my girlfriend, and we couldn't really find any that we were both interested in, so I was curious what you all liked this year.

Keep in mind, I'm not so much into FPS games.

1 decade ago*

Comment has been collapsed.

Orcs Must Die 2.

1 decade ago

I played the demo and she really likes tower defense style games, so I bought us both a copy. We'll play it tomorrow, but it seems pretty fun!

1 decade ago

SHANK 2!!!

1 decade ago

NOH

1 decade ago

Shoot Many Robots. Dungeon Defenders. Saints Row the Third.

1 decade ago

Saints Row the Third

1 decade ago

+1 I hope they(THQ) make it to SR4, doesnt look like they will tho.

1 decade ago

Why do you say this? They are already done with a bunch of it I would think since they started it right after the third one was done and it sold great, they were surprised by the amount of sales, would be dumb not to make a 4th one.

1 decade ago

He's referring to the fact that THQ went bankrupt, I'm sure

1 decade ago

I heard that THQ will continue to publish games despite being bankrupt.

1 decade ago

THQ made a promise to release currently unfinished titles (IIRC)

1 decade ago

They are cirrently working on SR4.

1 decade ago

I'd have to say this.

1 decade ago

Deleted

This comment was deleted 5 years ago.

1 decade ago

diablo III

1 decade ago

well Farcry 3 its fps but insane.
or go with something like vegas 2 even tho its older its great 3PS

1 decade ago

Torchlight 2

1 decade ago

tl2 even though i didnt play it that much

1 decade ago

Not all released in 2012, but here are a few multiplayer games that my friends and I enjoy.

Trine 2 - Nice semi-puzzle game for lan/online co-op play. Switch between three heroes (magician/knight/thief) with unique abilities and enjoy the funny storyline.

Torchlight II - Not really to my liking, but a friend of mine is on it all the time. Top-down hack and slash with a focus on getting awesome loot.

Dota2/League of Legends/Awesomenauts/MOBA-style games - Either you love them or you don't.

Orcs Must Die 2 - Great two-player game. Trying to find ways to make traps compliment each other while being able to take down both the low-health but speedy goblin things and the strong and tanky trolls can be challenging, but watching those orcs die feels good.

Dungeon Defenders - Amazing game with elements of both tower defense and FPS. If you don't like FPS while she does, one of you can plant towers while the other goes FPS. Or both go towers. Or both FPS. It's up to you! Can get slightly grindy at later levels, though. Nightmare mode is a bitch.

Jamestown - Co-op top-down bullet hell shooter (like touhou games), with different levels of difficulty and an old school gauntlet mode (2 lives, complete all levels). Great if you only have time for a short 10~15 minute game session.

Portal 2 - With the steam workshop out, there are quite a few good quality community-made co-op puzzle maps. Great if you two love Portal.

Guild Wars 2 - My girlfriend and I love it, so I'm just going to put it in here. Casual players might miss out on the legendary weapons, but the lack of a monthly fee lets you come back and enjoy it at your own pace.

1 decade ago

+1 for jamestown

1 decade ago

+5 for dungeon defenders. most fun and time spent i've ever had with a game!

1 decade ago

Dun Def was fun until it got insanely grindy. Every 4 levels you become awesome (because of the new equipment available), then reaching the next level is impossible. The fire rate on most of the turrets is limited by their animations. You get continuous lines of spears arcing towards the enemy, but still don't deal enough damage. So many enemies start dieing at once that they stop dropping mana to upgrade turrets with. The early game is fine, but they didn't balance the late game at all.

1 decade ago

+1 Torchlight 2

1 decade ago

not really from 2012 but worth a look are: Dead Rising 2 + DR2:OTR,Sacred2,Titan Quest and Orcs must Die 2.Also Saints Row 3 for random goof's (and youre done goofed)

1 decade ago

Of the ones i played i would say it is a tossup between Orcs Must Die 2 and Borderlands 2, both are very fun games.

1 decade ago

borderlands 2

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

Borderlands 2 ofc

1 decade ago

^this

1 decade ago

Rayman Origins. I played 4 player co-op on the 360 and it was one hell of an experience, I haven't laughed that hard with a co-op game since SSB Melee. If you can set it up to play it local co-op on PC I highly recommend it.

1 decade ago

+1

1 decade ago

+11111

1 decade ago

Is it lenghty? Looks fun, but i'm not convinced for a purchase :/.

1 decade ago

It depends, if you want to collect every toon and coin in the world then yes, it is lengthy. Plus you unlock another awesome level if you do so.

1 decade ago

Black Ops 2 Zonbies.

1 decade ago

Saints Row : The Third if you want to play it with your Girlfriend! ^^

1 decade ago

So if he wants his girlfriend to see him stare at digital strippers and smack people with giant yahoos?

1 decade ago

sounds about right.

1 decade ago

I've actually got SR:3, and I don't care for it. It's too ridiculous haha. She's also not into it for the same reasons. Actually, she hates all sandboxes mostly because I like to do side missions and just explore instead of following the campaign.

1 decade ago

Orcs must die 2 and portal 2 are amazing co-ops xD

1 decade ago

Borderlands 2

1 decade ago

Syndicate, but it's an FPS. Dark Souls is cool too but can be challenging at times.

1 decade ago

Borderlands 2 by a long shot. If you want a game to play with your girlfriend, I'd suggest Dungeon Defenders. A friend of mine and his girlfriend seem to enjoy it. Note: I've never tried it myself. I'd suggest tonnes of FPS coop games, but as you're not much into them, it's kind of pointless.

1 decade ago

I liked Castle Crushers. They are very fun to play.

1 decade ago

I see what you did there

1 decade ago

Natural Selection 2

1 decade ago

Torchlight II

1 decade ago

Borderlands 2.

1 decade ago

borderlands 2

1 decade ago

Well, what do you like?

I really like Orcs Must Die! 2, but that has TPS components to it. E: ah, you got OMD2, nice :>

Others that were released this year:

Critter Crunch (arcade puzzler, has a versus mode and a co-op survival mode)
Magic 2013 (definitely recommend this if you both like strategy/tactic games)
Wanderlust: Rebirth (awesome 8bit co-op action adventure game)
Awesomenauts (technically a MP game, but you can play cooperative bot matches--it's a sidescroller moba)
Torchlight II (very popular action RPG)

1 decade ago

Well, I am kind of into different games than she is. She really liked Diablo 3, and put like 200 hours into it, but I got to around 100 and said that was way too much as it is. I liked Far Cry 3, but that was probably the only FPS that I actually liked this year.

We haven't gotten to try OMD2 yet, but she watched some gameplay on Youtube and seemed interested in it. She's into tower defense games quite a bit.

I have Torchlight 1, and I put a small amount of time into it, but I just couldn't get interested for some reason.

1 decade ago

Closed 1 decade ago by Halfderpy.